Emby Theater

Luke

TrainAss

I don't know what the crazy people are talking about. I personally like the circles. And that's a relly nice background too.

• Like 1

denz

All the recordings seem to be squares now before it looked so much better and noticed this is across the apps hopefully it reverts back how it was as a rectangle.

574b998a80ee6_Capture89.png

Edited by denz

Nothing changed about recordings. It decides the aspect on the fly

denz

I meant the recording thumbnails yesterday they were all rectangles today they are all squares in web client and theater. 

denz

Restarted the server and emby and now in the home screen they are rectangle again just not sure why are house rules and agents of shield squashed when they are 16:9 shows so hopefully that can be fixed the recorded tv screen still hasn't fixed it self maybe it will take some time. I hope luke you can make the recorded tv layout more like wmc recorded tv.  

Thank you

574b9b7a236db_Capture100.png

574b9b8f90526_Capture101.png

AdrianW

he called you a traditionalist :)

I don't mind the background images - but please can we have the squares back. All four of us in the house mentioned how horrible it looked. My wife wanted to know why I'd changed it to circles (she wasn't happy).

For those with a single login it's no big deal as they're not going to see them.

If you insist in keeping the circles - then please scale the images so they're not cropped at the corners.

Also, now that we have the "remember me" option which I've unchecked - I'm getting the navigation sounds at the login screen, but I have them disabled in each user account. Can the sounds be configured for the default (not logged in) user?

i really just wanted to change it up. we had been using the squares for a long time, plus with summer coming i thought the backgrounds would be a little refreshing. i would love to get those backgrounds configurable on the server eventually.

• Like 2

AdrianW

I would love to get those backgrounds configurable on the server eventually.

Just pointing it at a folder full of images would be sufficient.

I've added some one click buttons for live tv. 

On program detail screens, the record button will pull up the recording dialog.

On the guide, it will schedule or cancel an existing recording. 

• Like 2

AdrianW

Today's comments from my wife: "When are they going to get rid of these circles?"; "they look terrible"; "we should have a choice".

Isn't there some css I could alter to remove the radius setting?

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

Erik

Ha! My family thought the circles are great.

The circles are more inviting, imo.

The background is nice too; but some of the backgrounds make the titles (movies/TV Shows/...) hard to see and the media logos in the bottom left look funny with different colours backgrounds as well.

Heuer

+1 I think the circles look great, matching the round user icon on the home screen. Keep them!

"Edit Subtitles" is now available in the 3-dot menu. You can delete existing subtitles and download new ones, and it's all remote-friendly. Enjoy.

• Like 2

AdrianW

If you insist in keeping the circles - then please scale the images so they're not cropped at the corners.

An option to use squares (even if it's hidden) would be nice - but if we're really going to be stuck with circles then please scale the images to fit.

Our user icons look great everywhere else - in nice squares in the WebUI, in nice squares in EMC - but on ET the corners are cropped. I could scale them myself - but then they'd look too small everywhere else.

2.4.0 is up and brings the app up to Chromium 51. There are new performance-related features in Chromium 51 that the app is taking advantage of. Enjoy.

• Like 1

denz

It looks like nearly everyone likes circles hopefully @@Luke likes rectangles as much so he can hopefully stretch the squashed thumbnails so the home page looks complete. Then hopefully he can do some magic to the recording tv part to make it as good or even better than wmc.

Since not many replies to the thumbnail issue I am having it must be that Australian tv networks are the only ones that have lot's of sd channels still. We are so behind the world but we do have great weather here at least were I am so it is something.   

Edited by denz

Nikolaech

Since not many replies to the thumbnail issue I am having it must be that Australian tv networks are the only ones that have lot's of sd channels still
We also have a lot of SD channels. The problem of the thumbnails not important to me.

denz

Hopefully @@Luke Doesn't feel that way because it just doesn't looks right now it is missing overlay's and the record indicator feels like it is floating in space somewhere. I will continue to update and hopefully one update will fix this because in web client they are the same size.  

5750dc43b0757_Capture15.png

An option to use squares (even if it's hidden) would be nice - but if we're really going to be stuck with circles then please scale the images to fit.

Our user icons look great everywhere else - in nice squares in the WebUI, in nice squares in EMC - but on ET the corners are cropped. I could scale them myself - but then they'd look too small everywhere else.

I agree. The circles arent showing the user icon. It shows a porthole version. Even the web client does this. If I wanted round porthole versions of the user icon I wouldve chosen a round icon. To have the app change your icon and remove a great portion of it and stick it behind a porthole is adding fluff for the sake of adding fluff. It is a solution looking for a problem that was never there. It isnt making the client better.

Emby theater needs other things before the team should be making changes such as these which dont add real value. Its like putting the cart before the horse imo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2