Emby Theater

Luke

TrainAss

You have to install both 64 and 32 bit (x64 and x86) if you're running a 64bit version of Windows. Reboot your computer afterwards for good measure.

njoak

Installing Update 1 (to both versions) fixed it for me, like discussed in the Testing area. Latest Theater version downloaded from the web site checks for Update 1 automatically now.

Edited by njoak

AdrianW

Yes, he's right about Visual C++ 2015. I've put up 2.2.9 which will check for it, and give you instructions if it's not present.

Those instructions say choose x64 and x64  :rolleyes: (I guess we know what you mean).

soundsnake8

I have installed Visual C ++ x86 and x64 but ET will still not open it asks for Visual C ++ even though it is installed I tried a reboot and no change. Looking forward to resolution

Thanks

denz

Any chance that show name can stand out a bit currently it is all in one line no differentiation between name and title I did noticed when you do edit recording show name is large font than episode title and to me it looks better. I have attached both pictures for comparison.  Any chance that we can have cancel recording that to mean is more important than edit recording using wmc for about at least 7 years only once have I changed pre and post others may differ. I do appreciate that more features are getting introduced. Thank you for your exceptional work.

5739d9aa5cddf_Capture894.png

5739d987335a4_Capture9894.png

I have installed Visual C ++ x86 and x64 but ET will still not open it asks for Visual C ++ even though it is installed I tried a reboot and no change. Looking forward to resolution

Thanks

Please follow the instructions in post #1324 and you should be fine.

Heuer

I just upgraded from 2.2.7 on two systems and they went without a hitch. Prompted for C++, downloaded both, installed and re-started ET. One thought though - I installed the x86 first and then the x64 on both systems. Could it be that doing it the other way around causes a problem?

Ok, when i said go through the process again, I incorrectly assumed you'd go through the c++ installation again, because the version on the web page that 2.3.1/2 pops open is not the version you have installed.

sindori1001

cant get this to work on any PC, are we geting the driver from windows or is it on the forums somewhere?

one pc has the drivers and i got the new installer from the front page  and im gifted with frezzing.

the other pc wont install the drivers at all 

where is 2.3.1   on the website there is 2.3.5 and that wont work ether

Edited by sindori1001

QUIKFLUX

I've added refresh to the 3-dot menu on the detail screen, for those who might like to do that.

Thanks for the great work so far, and thank you for adding the 3-dot menu, works great. Could the next menu item to be added to this be delete please? am hanging out for a delete file function.

AdrianW

Sometime ET starts smaller than fullscreen (or almost fullscreen with just the taskbar showing) - I'd find it extremely useful to have a keyboard shortcut to maximize the screen so I can do this from my Harmony remote instead of having to go grab my mouse.

Alt-Enter or Win-Up would be good choices I think.

TrainAss

cant get this to work on any PC, are we geting the driver from windows or is it on the forums somewhere?

one pc has the drivers and i got the new installer from the front page  and im gifted with frezzing.

the other pc wont install the drivers at all 

where is 2.3.1   on the website there is 2.3.5 and that wont work ether

Download the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from here (This is the official Microsoft link, I'm not trying to scam you). If you are running a 64bit version of Windows, you need to download and install both the 64bit (x64) and 32bit (x86) installers. Install the 64bit first, then the 32bit. I rebooted after for good measure and it's worked well for me.

TrainAss

Sometime ET starts smaller than fullscreen (or almost fullscreen with just the taskbar showing) - I'd find it extremely useful to have a keyboard shortcut to maximize the screen so I can do this from my Harmony remote instead of having to go grab my mouse.

Alt-Enter or Win-Up would be good choices I think.

I'd love this too. Depending on what remote you set up to control your HTPC from your harmony remote, there may be mouse controls. If you re-add your HTPC to your Harmony Remote as a Windows Media Center SE, you'll get a lot more options, plus the ability to control the mouse. It's what I do as my workaround.

AdrianW

I'd love this too. Depending on what remote you set up to control your HTPC from your harmony remote, there may be mouse controls. If you re-add your HTPC to your Harmony Remote as a Windows Media Center SE, you'll get a lot more options, plus the ability to control the mouse. It's what I do as my workaround.

I already have that device added to my activity. I've used the mouse movement commands before - but it's such a pain moving the pointer long distances. A single keystroke that I could map to the LCD as "Maximize" would be great.

• Like 1

muppets4

Delete function is now available :)

I was really waiting for this! Great!

This one is really for the tech nerds - i have added support for the new IntersectionObserver api that has landed in Chromium 51. What this is going to provide is even faster lazy loading of images and an even smoother scrolling experience.

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2016/04/intersectionobserver?hl=en

It's available now for the web version with Chrome 51. The windows version will get it as soon as Electron updates to 51.