Emby Theater

Luke

Good news - you can now schedule new recordings inside of Emby Theater. Management of existing recordings will come next, so for now, you'll have to use another Emby app for that.

denz

Great work @@Luke this is a huge milestone

I tried it made few recordings work as expected. Few suggestions I have

Hide the pre and post I think they are unnecessary and it will just frighten non advanced users I would move that to settings

Clicking on the record button to change from green to a red button and then in a second or two take you back to the main screen now at least on my screen I click record then text moves down then you notice the record goes green then you get lost nothing is happening then you realise you have to click again on record it takes me back. That is a click too many for me.

Ability to cancel a recording some time in the future.

Instead of recording jumping full screen a smaller window to open.

Thank again

Good feedback, thanks. I will hide the padding fields in tv mode, and put them under an advanced collapsible in mobile and desktop.

I've added the 3-dot more menu to detail screens. It only has one function right now which is Download, but you can expect more to be added. Currently the windows app pops open a file saver dialog when you click Download. It's not remote friendly as of yet so that will have to be addressed in the future.

muppets4

Good news - you can now schedule new recordings inside of Emby Theater. Management of existing recordings will come next, so for now, you'll have to use another Emby app for that.

Great addition. Looking forward to the management of recordings. I have some questions/suggestions:

• will it feature a way to delete a recording?
  • will recordings within series be 'stacked' (like MCE does)
  • will there be the name of the recording also? What I see is in the added picture and I can't decide what to run.
  • will the NEW text leave the guide?

57364b1298340_guide.jpg

57364b2531747_recordings.jpg

denz

Good feedback, thanks. I will hide the padding fields in tv mode, and put them under an advanced collapsible in mobile and desktop.

I've added the 3-dot more menu to detail screens. It only has one function right now which is Download, but you can expect more to be added. Currently the windows app pops open a file saver dialog when you click Download. It's not remote friendly as of yet so that will have to be addressed in the future.

It is way better now, it feels very user friendly now.

denz

Another useful item to do could be if there is a recording icon on the the actual thumbnail for now playing, upcoming programs etc. Like it is in guide solid circle for one off recording and one for series recording.

Just noticed that it is in the web client already.

Edited by denz

I've added refresh to the 3-dot menu on the detail screen, for those who might like to do that.

Guest asrequested

This is great progress. Great job, Luke! Any chance we could get some kind of refresh on the guide page? Scrolling is somewhat okay, but when you drag the scroll bar with the mouse, the time moves first then the guide moves to align with the time.

Guest asrequested

Channel numbers in the guide are still missing when windowed.

57376517f1b1a_Snapshot_64.jpg

Edited by Doofus

denz

I've added refresh to the 3-dot menu on the detail screen, for those who might like to do that.

The circle does appear when I exit of the detailed screen and come back to it but I meant on the actual live tv home screen like it is in the screenshot of web client you see the series recording for a show that I used as an example can the same thing be done in emby theater. 

The refresh button doesn't do anything except for a notification Refresh queued. 

When you make a recording the notification scheduled recordings is missing a space.

Thank you

5737c8a62274e_Capture.png

The refresh button queues the item for refreshing on the server.

AdrianW

Has anything altered with the video player? I'm getting heaps of dropped frames with certain content (29 fps stuff) - but playing the same content in MPC-HC works fine (both are using MadVR and the same MadVR settings).

-edit-

Setting Smooth Motion to "Never" fixed it. I'd had it set at "Almost Always" for ages - and hadn't had an issue before. 

Edited by AdrianW

AdrianW

The guide used to work now all I get is this.

I think you've posted this to the wrong thread.

georgewill76

Hi Luke

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have just installed version 2.2.8 on two computers and I am receiving the following message was install is complete:

The program can't start because MSVCP140.dll is missing

Both machines are clean installs with all windows updates installed on them.  Is there a problem with the installer as once the installation has completed I cant run Emby Theater as the error keeps appearing.  I have tried installing again but same message,

Yes, he's right about Visual C++ 2015. I've put up 2.2.9 which will check for it, and give you instructions if it's not present.

soundsnake8

I have installed Visual C ++ x86 and x64 but ET will still not open it asks for Visual C ++ even though it is installed I tried a reboot and no change. Looking forward to resolution

Thanks

• Like 1

Install 2.3.1 from the website and go through the process again, thanks.

soundsnake8

Sorry no change at all. I installed 2.3.1 and upon completion it still asks for Visual C ++ but it is already installed

• Like 1