Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Correct but if one runs both servers and has theme videos running in Emby one ends up with dozens and dozens of thumbnail videos in one's Plex Library.

I have found that .plexignore doesn't work for me to block them out of Plex but since Theme Videos doesn't work in AndroidTV, I don't use it currently. I am hopeful that will change soon??

Frustrated with my brief trial with Plex I use Emby about 98% of the time or more..

Thanks @@Luke and @@ebr for creating a superior product!!

radeon

Correct but if one runs both servers and has theme videos running in Emby one ends up with dozens and dozens of thumbnail videos in one's Plex Library.

I have found that .plexignore doesn't work for me to block them out of Plex but since Theme Videos doesn't work in AndroidTV, I don't use it currently. I am hopeful that will change soon??

Frustrated with my brief trial with Plex I use Emby about 98% of the time or more..

Thanks @@Luke and @@ebr for creating a superior product!!

Didn't this help?:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/2007-movie-theme-videos-plugin-questions-and-support-thread/?p=597986

• Like 1

Is YTrailers v1.6.1.0 only functional on the BETA version of Emby? I'm using the stable version 3.5.3.0.

I updated and the Emby logs show it being detected but no yTrailers plugin appears in the Plugin section (installed)

2018-10-18 11:14:19.610 Info App: Loading YTrailers, Version=1.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\YTrailers.dll

@@radeon

Tried the version you sent and the same thing sadly, logs says hello but the plugin doesn't appear.

2018-10-22 14:50:50.089 Info App: Loading YTrailers, Version=1.5.1.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\YTrailers.dll

radeon

@@radeon

Tried the version you sent and the same thing sadly, logs says hello but the plugin doesn't appear.

2018-10-22 14:50:50.089 Info App: Loading YTrailers, Version=1.5.1.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins\YTrailers.dll

Yeah, i deleted the post for that reason. Sadly you'll have to wait for the layest 3.6 of emby to come out or upgrade to emby beta (not personally recommended) Edited by radeon

radeon

November Sale!

Buy the Emby multipack licence for £8 (usually £10) and get the YTrailers plugin (usually £5) for FREE

Just head here: https://ballingtons.com/products/ and buy the "EMBY THEME MEDIA FULL PRICE" package for £8 and the YTrailers licence will be added to your purchase for free. 

(Please note the YTrailers plugin will be manually added and a licence sent separately once applied)

• 1 month later...
Scott310

Hey @@radeon, just a quick question.  I am on Version 3.6.0.76 beta and after the update it seems a few select video backdrops that always used to play are not loading.  It's really weird.  I have tried everything.  Also I have added my own custom video backdrops to some movies that didn't have them and they aren't loading either.  The folder structure is correct and I ran a library scan.  They should be loading.  I wonder if this is a beta bug.

Thanks in advance for the help.

• 3 weeks later...
radeon

Hey @@radeon, just a quick question.  I am on Version 3.6.0.76 beta and after the update it seems a few select video backdrops that always used to play are not loading.  It's really weird.  I have tried everything.  Also I have added my own custom video backdrops to some movies that didn't have them and they aren't loading either.  The folder structure is correct and I ran a library scan.  They should be loading.  I wonder if this is a beta bug.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hey! sorry good sir! been a crazy December for me! My plugin won't be at fault here as it only controls the download of the media. what controls the playback is down to the client/server software.

I would suggest either tagging the developer of the client here or re-posting in the relevant clients section. 

Scott310

Not sure really. For the ones that weren't playing I deleted it from the plugin page, removed the backdrop file from the folder and did a library scan. Then I added it back and did another library scan. It played just fine after that.

• Like 1

rostar99

Just had to update to Emby server 3.6.0.84 beta to get my movie extras and tv specials to show up again in Emby WMC. Well the extras and specials reappeared but now the newly paid for (second time) and installed media pack plugins do not show up as installed (all the dlls are in the plugin folder, however) and they are missing from the server catalog also. 

The log says:

2019-01-06 17:25:22.007 Info App: Not loading MovieThemeVideos.dll 1.5.1.1 because the minimum supported version is 1.6. Please update to the newer version

2019-01-06 17:25:22.007 Info App: Not loading ThemeVideos.dll 1.5.1.1 because the minimum supported version is 1.6. Please update to the newer version

I just re-bought the media pack yesterday so when did version 1.6 come out?

Edited by rostar99

Just had to update to Emby server 3.6.0.84 beta to get my movie extras and tv specials to show up again in Emby WMC. Well the extras and specials reappeared but now the newly paid for (second time) and installed media pack plugins do not show up as installed (all the dlls are in the plugin folder, however) and they are missing from the server catalog also. 

The log says:

2019-01-06 17:25:22.007 Info App: Not loading MovieThemeVideos.dll 1.5.1.1 because the minimum supported version is 1.6. Please update to the newer version

2019-01-06 17:25:22.007 Info App: Not loading ThemeVideos.dll 1.5.1.1 because the minimum supported version is 1.6. Please update to the newer version

I just re-bought the media pack yesterday so when did version 1.6 come out?

Hi, you need to use the plugin catalog to install newer compatible versions. I just checked and they are there. Thanks.

rostar99

Hi, you need to use the plugin catalog to install newer compatible versions. I just checked and they are there. Thanks.

I guess in looking quickly I didn't notice there were more plugins to the right.  Did the catalog layout change? Thanks for the quick reply.

Edited by rostar99

• 1 month later...
denethor

First post after a very long break. I decided to check out what is going on with version 4.x. Congrats for the release!

@@radeon Did something change with the registration of this plugin? Mine was working fine prior to 4.0.x but now it says "Trial expired" 

Since I am an ancient user my keys are pretty old. Actually I checked in my gmail account and turns out I got them back in October 2014  :o  But looks like my key is still vaild after 4.0 upgrade since Emby premiere settings page says "You have a Lifetime Emby Premiere plan and your device usage is well within your limit." 

If I trigger Theme video download from scheduled tasks I got below log. I am not sure but may be something wrong with the registration validation? Plugin version 1.6.1. Emby version 4.0.1

https://mb3admin.com/admin/service/registration/validate
2019-02-11 22:07:15.323 Info TaskManager: Executing Download Local Movie Theme Videos
2019-02-11 22:07:15.323 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to my.external.ip. Time: 3ms. http://127.0.0.1:8096/ScheduledTasks/Running/40873e37c891fdxxxxxxxx7d0de5b
2019-02-11 22:07:15.349 Info HttpClient: POST https://mb3admin.com/admin/service/registration/validate
2019-02-11 22:07:15.368 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://127.0.0.1:8096/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_4) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1 Safari/605.1.15
2019-02-11 22:07:15.368 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 91.93.58.203. Time: 1ms. http://127.0.0.1:8096/ScheduledTasks?isHidden=false
2019-02-11 22:07:16.097 Info App: Movie Theme Videos Registration Status - Registered: False In trial: False Expiration Date: 1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM Is Valid: False
2019-02-11 22:07:16.097 Info App: Movie Theme Videos
2019-02-11 22:07:16.097 Info App: Movie Theme Videos Trial Expired, Please register to continue using the plugin
2019-02-11 22:07:16.097 Info TaskManager: Download Local Movie Theme Videos Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2019-02-11 22:07:16.100 Info TaskManager: ExecuteQueuedTasks

Anyways I can re-buy the plugin to support you guys and its already past 5 years but sadly PayPal is no longer available in my country and there is no credit card option on registration site  :wacko: Any ideas?

Edited by denethor

How to get this plugin to work? Im using the trial right now and I dont see any Video backdrops on Movies starting with A. Is there any wiki?

Edited by HUB

radeon

How to get this plugin to work? Im using the trial right now and I dont see any Video backdrops on Movies starting with A. Is there any wiki?

Install it and run the scheduled task. That's about it.

Having an issue with these plugins. When running the scheduled task, TV Theme Songs works great. TV Theme Videos, Movie Theme Videos and Movie Theme Songs all "complete" instantly taking 0 seconds and not downloading anything.

Vidman

I have exactly the same issue, I also have the trailers plugins which does not seem to work either, I'm on freeNAS 11.2 and emby server 4.0.2.0

radeon

Hey. So in the past hours my dad has ended up in hospital with a suspected heart attack so I'm going to be off grid for a little while. Sorry people are having issues but I'll pick them back up asap. Cheers!