Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

chrismallia

I have premier but plugin is not licence yet, I would like to see it work b4 purchasing, shouldn't it download stuff for movies that start with LETTER A ? cant see anything related in logs, maybe point me to right direction, I would perches them all if they work. 

This is what I found in logs

Loading MovieThemeVideos, Version=1.6.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /config/plugins/MovieThemeVideos.dll

Edited by chrismallia

chrismallia

Looks like the plugin downloaded but for just 1 movie that starts with <A> other movies with <A> did not get anything. will all movies get themes if a licence is bought ?

2019-05-20 18:40:54.323 Info App: Movie Theme Videos Registration Status - Registered: False In trial: True Expiration Date: 5/25/19 12:00:00 AM Is Valid: True
2019-05-20 18:40:54.323 Info App: Movie Theme Videos
2019-05-20 18:40:54.323 Info App: In Trial - Downloading movie theme videos is only allowed for Registered Users
2019-05-20 18:40:54.323 Info TaskManager: Download Local Movie Theme Videos Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds

Edited by chrismallia

Scott310

Are the plugins working for anyone on the stable version of the server?  I am on Version 4.2.0.6 beta and they aren't downloading anymore.

MindBullet

@@Scott310 afaik the plug-ins aren't ready for the beta server yet, that's why I downgraded back to stable. Emby is only as half as good without these plug ins ^^

• Like 1

Scott310

@@Scott310 afaik the plug-ins aren't ready for the beta server yet, that's why I downgraded back to stable. Emby is only as half as good without these plug ins ^^

I have been considering going back to stable for a while now.  When you did it did you use a configuration back up? If you have remote users did they have to re-log back in?

Thanks in advance.  I'm just trying to figure out how much of a hassle this is going to be.

MindBullet

I have been considering going back to stable for a while now.  When you did it did you use a configuration back up? If you have remote users did they have to re-log back in?

Thanks in advance.  I'm just trying to figure out how much of a hassle this is going to be.

As for remote users: No, everything's in place in that regard. However, I wasn't able yet to get the plug ins working properly. It just doesn't seem to detect the downloaded items from previous server versions. God knows why. Deleted Cache, rebooted server, re-installed all of the plug-ins - still it's a nope for me. Idk if it's due to me downgrading or whether there's a general problem with v4.1.1.0 and the plug-ins. Either way not working for me at least at this moment.

Also, some of the items (movies/tv shows) are completely all over the place and I needed to retag and/or identify like 30-40 items, which is not that much, but depending on your library size it can be more (or less). I think this is due to the automatic sorting on v4.2.0.6 was assumed not to be working. Somehow it's throwing items where it wants now. But these are the issues I'm experiencing when downgrading. Other than that everything seems to be good

Edited by MindBullet

radeon

Yup! Not available for beta yet. I have to get the next couple of weeks out the way with work then I'll be back home and able to release new versions for ya!

Scott310

Yup! Not available for beta yet. I have to get the next couple of weeks out the way with work then I'll be back home and able to release new versions for ya!

Thanks @@radeon!

chrismallia

Plugins by this guy are broken, also posting for help you get ignored.

Thank  goodness I only paid 1 month premier.

radeon

Plugins by this guy are broken, also posting for help you get ignored.

Thank  goodness I only paid 1 month premier.

Sorry. Been working away. I'm not affiliated with the core dev team so don't let my not being around confuse things with there great support. Premier doesn't give you access to my plugins. The trial is now heavily limited as the plugins just work, they download a couple to enable you to see but as you can manually place theme media, there isn't really anything to trial.

As above, people have issues with beta but I don't have time to run around supporting the forever developed beta because, well, it's beta, if it wasn't forever changing then I'd be confused!

No, you will never get a 100% hit rate as your movies will never match the collection.

The plugins aren't broken, I use them every day on my stable release Emby server

MindBullet

@@radeon Thank you for your efforts. As I said your plug-ins are one of many good reasons I prefer Emby over other media streaming centers. Can you give me a hint how I can get them to work again, if I was downgrading from 4.2.0.6. to 4.1.1.0? I cleared cache, re-installed all 4 plug-ins, cleared all filters from within the plug-ins themselves, but they don't recognize the already downloaded "backdrops" and "themes" from my media folders : (

Edited by MindBullet

thostr

For some reason the icons are missing in my plugins. That goes for all your plugins: Movie Theme Songs, Movie Theme Movies, TV Theme Songs, TV Theme Videos and YTrailers.

My server crashed, so I restored for a backup. and since then, i lost the thumbnails (see screenshot)

Also, is it psosible to change the naming scheme for YTrailers? It would be great if I could have an option for  /trailers/sourcename.ext "fx Split (Danish trailer 2 subtitled).ext" or even just name the file trailer.ext in the moviefolder?

I asked here, but got no response https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72285-ytrailers-file-naming/?p=727020

5ce3dd5fbfb2f_a.png

chrismallia

My  Apologies especially to the Emby team

But really your  plugins are not downloading anything, I tried adding manually but still nothing, and I also get the blank Icons as @thostr explaned. We know we have to buy a licence separate and gladly will but if trial only works for 1 movie of my entire collection it does not give me high hopes to buy it, I really want to buy all your plugins but please help us see it in action first.

Regards

Scott310

My  Apologies especially to the Emby team

But really your  plugins are not downloading anything, I tried adding manually but still nothing, and I also get the blank Icons as @thostr explaned. We know we have to buy a licence separate and gladly will but if trial only works for 1 movie of my entire collection it does not give me high hopes to buy it, I really want to buy all your plugins but please help us see it in action first.

Regards

If you are adding manually, the theme will not play unless it has the correct folder and naming structure.  A video theme needs to be placed in a folder called backdrops and the video itself needs to be named theme.  This folder needs to be placed inside the movie folder in which you would like it to appear. Also if there are other unnecessary folders inside the movie folder that are not created by the server it will confuse the plugin and possibly not play the backdrop.

Edited by Scott310
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

My Apologies especially to the Emby team

But really your plugins are not downloading anything, I tried adding manually but still nothing, and I also get the blank Icons as @thostr explaned. We know we have to buy a licence separate and gladly will but if trial only works for 1 movie of my entire collection it does not give me high hopes to buy it, I really want to buy all your plugins but please help us see it in action first.

Regards

if you haven’t bought a licence you aren’t in a position to comment on whether they are working or not. Many users have told you that they work, I am another. Here is some evidence. 23c077a5fcaa7a9ebf5074d47141f818.jpg

But the dev only offers a limited trial, that’s not going to change. Either pay up or don’t

• Like 1

MindBullet

Anybody here on Emby server 4.1.1.0 and working Theme Videos/Songs plug ins? Does anybody know how I can migrate my existing themes and backdrops again, if I downgraded from the beta to stable?

Anybody here on Emby server 4.1.1.0 and working Theme Videos/Songs plug ins? Does anybody know how I can migrate my existing themes and backdrops again, if I downgraded from the beta to stable?

Hi, did you see the post right above yours?

MindBullet

Uhm yeah I did, why? How is that related to my question? I bought all 4 licenses and also YTrailers or what do you mean?

He wasn't talking to me I think and also he doesn't say whether he's on the latest stable version. Neither did his post explain how to get the plug-ins working if you're coming from a higher version number. 

Edited by MindBullet

MindBullet

An evidence of the themes working is great. Event though It doesn't help me with my issue at all or is an answer to my question

Spaceboy

An evidence of the themes working is great. Event though It doesn't help me with my issue at all or is an answer to my question

i am on latest stable so that answers that. I don’t believe you can migrate your setup. Emby will use anything that is already in situ but the plug in doesn’t know about it and will redownload I think

MindBullet

i am on latest stable so that answers that. I don’t believe you can migrate your setup. Emby will use anything that is already in situ but the plug in doesn’t know about it and will redownload I think

Thank you very much for helping me in that regard :) I tried to redownload the items and I have to be clear about it, because the themes and theme videos are indeed working, they're just not shown in the plug-in's web interface. They do work and get played normally, if I'm in the item view of a video file. The list for the themes is just empty in the plug-in's UI.

I didn't get a 100% what you meant, but do you think deleting the themes and backdrops from the media folders and redownload everything again would do the trick? Thanks again very much for your help attempts!

Spaceboy

Thank you very much for helping me in that regard :) I tried to redownload the items and I have to be clear about it, because the themes and theme videos are indeed working, they're just not shown in the plug-in's web interface. They do work and get played normally, if I'm in the item view of a video file. The list for the themes is just empty in the plug-in's UI.

I didn't get a 100% what you meant, but do you think deleting the themes and backdrops from the media folders and redownload everything again would do the trick? Thanks again very much for your help attempts!

its been a while since I did this but it sounds like it’s working for you as I’m attempting to describe [emoji3]. If you have already migrated then as I understand it the settings screen for the plug in should be empty as it only knows what it has downloaded, not what a prior version of the plugin downloaded. I think you just have to run the plugin task again and it will redownload everything, fill up the settings screen with the results and overwrite any existing themes.

Although, yes what you say makes sense. Perhaps it doesn’t overwrite them BECAUSE they are already there. Try deleting one of your themed and running the plugin task