Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

MindBullet

its been a while since I did this but it sounds like it’s working for you as I’m attempting to describe [emoji3]. If you have already migrated then as I understand it the settings screen for the plug in should be empty as it only knows what it has downloaded, not what a prior version of the plugin downloaded. I think you just have to run the plugin task again and it will redownload everything, fill up the settings screen with the results and overwrite any existing themes.

Although, yes what you say makes sense. Perhaps it doesn’t overwrite them BECAUSE they are already there. Try deleting one of your themed and running the plugin task

Thank you so much for your help! Right when you posted this I was about to edit my previous post: "Edit: I'll just try with my movies library" haha, so I really think (from what I can tell with my little knowledge in that regard) that this might solve it. I really think it will, as the plug-ins are working perfectly, but, as you said, it doesn't "know" that the themes and backdrops already exist from my previous version. Might be bullseye and I'll post again what the outcome was. Thanks very much again! I felt sorta lost with that topic :D

• Like 1

chrismallia

if you haven’t bought a licence you aren’t in a position to comment on whether they are working or not. Many users have told you that they work, I am another. Here is some evidence. 23c077a5fcaa7a9ebf5074d47141f818.jpg

But the dev only offers a limited trial, that’s not going to change. Either pay up or don’t

Well thanks for the info but I am sorry to say that this line in the plugin page then is misleading and not our fault to think a trial is offered, So when we install the plugin and nothing downloads we think we did something wrong.  So thanks again  for  the clarification.  

"The trial period for this feature will expire in 13.64406318287037 day(s)"

Spaceboy

Well thanks for the info but I am sorry to say that this line in the plugin page then is misleading and not our fault to think a trial is offered, So when we install the plugin and nothing downloads we think we did something wrong. So thanks again for the clarification.

"The trial period for this feature will expire in 13.64406318287037 day(s)"

but you also acknowledged in your post that the plugin in trial only works for one movie?
  • Like 1

chrismallia

but you also acknowledged in your post that the plugin in trial only works for one movie?

Yes it did after many attempts of reinstalling and running the task for several times,  See my previous posts before my acknowledgment.  I was getting nothing at first, not such a smooth trial. In the same post I acknowledged 1 movie I also asked if I buy the licence will I get the rest and no one answered, dev overlooked my post and answered some other members  post.  

Edited by chrismallia

MindBullet

Hey again. As I said yesterday the plug-ins are (almost) working fine. Like all of them do, except for the TV Theme Videos. I've been wrapping my head around it the past 6 hours, but nothing I tried helped so far. It shows like 20-ish TV (video) themes only and I can't get it to download the rest (I have 500 something TV shows on my Emby Server and I figured this amount would be inaccurate). It also doesn't run the task properly, I assume. When the 20-ish themes are downloaded the task afterwards would only last 1 second, as if it was skipping everything else. 

I tried to delete cache, re-installed the plug-in (of course) and I even re-installed the same server version after uninstalling it and ticking "Delete plug-ins", but nothing helped so far (the plug-ins were all available after the server re-installing to my confusion). I'm lost for solutions. Maybe you have a masterpiece idea @@Spaceboy ? Thank you guys for your support so far!

Edited by MindBullet

Spaceboy

Hey again. As I said yesterday the plug-ins are (almost) working fine. Like all of them do, except for the TV Theme Videos. I've been wrapping my head around it the past 6 hours, but nothing I tried helped so far. It shows like 20-ish TV (video) themes only and I can't get it to download the rest (I have 500 something TV shows on my Emby Server and I figured this amount would be inaccurate). It also doesn't run the task properly, I assume. When the 20-ish themes are downloaded the task afterwards would only last 1 second, as if it was skipping everything else.

I tried to delete cache, re-installed the plug-in (of course) and I even re-installed the same server version after uninstalling it and ticking "Delete plug-ins", but nothing helped so far (the plug-ins were all available after the server re-installing to my confusion). I'm lost for solutions. Maybe you have a masterpiece idea @@Spaceboy ? Thank you guys for your support so far!

i think you may have found a problem here. I have a lot of tv themes downloaded but if I run the task it only runs for a second for me too. All other tasks relating to the plugins appear to run for significantly longer. Does the log show anything helpful? I’m away at present otherwise I would check on my server

MindBullet

i think you may have found a problem here. I have a lot of tv themes downloaded but if I run the task it only runs for a second for me too. All other tasks relating to the plugins appear to run for significantly longer. Does the log show anything helpful? I’m away at present otherwise I would check on my server

Thanks for hoppin' in again. It's not only that, but also that some tasks of the 3 other plug-ins now take a ridiculous amount of time (8 hours +) to complete. As I said I reinstalled the server with the same exact version number, but this time deleted all plug-ins from the uninstaller UI on windows - the plug-ins were still present afterwards. I'm truly not an expert, but this seems like there's something sitting inside ... well, sitting inside any folder which prevents the tasks from being ran accurately. As of now I have no idea whether this is due to my downgrade action or, if it's indeed a problem with the current version(s) of the plug-ins related to the 4.1 Emby server.

@@Spaceboy can you think of a way to completely clear anything related to the themes plug ins and start (only these) from scratch? I would love to do so if that is possible.

Sidenote: Nope. The logs don't come up with useful information. I was only able to see some errors flying in with "Exception thrown [...] void [...] already exists" OR similar. I can attach a log if that would help you helping me? (lol)

radeon

jesus! I've come back to a bomb!

@@MindBullet, I think you have misunderstood the purpose of the plugins info it was giving you. it only logs those it has downloaded. You wouldn't expect to see it repopulate if the themes already exist from a previous instance. 

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Thanks for hoppin' in again. It's not only that, but also that some tasks of the 3 other plug-ins now take a ridiculous amount of time (8 hours +) to complete. As I said I reinstalled the server with the same exact version number, but this time deleted all plug-ins from the uninstaller UI on windows - the plug-ins were still present afterwards. I'm truly not an expert, but this seems like there's something sitting inside ... well, sitting inside any folder which prevents the tasks from being ran accurately. As of now I have no idea whether this is due to my downgrade action or, if it's indeed a problem with the current version(s) of the plug-ins related to the 4.1 Emby server.

@@Spaceboy can you think of a way to completely clear anything related to the themes plug ins and start (only these) from scratch? I would love to do so if that is possible.

Sidenote: Nope. The logs don't come up with useful information. I was only able to see some errors flying in with "Exception thrown [...] void [...] already exists" OR similar. I can attach a log if that would help you helping me? (lol)

when you uninstalled the plugins did you delete the xml file from the folder here? 7258759022976e2214e816854cea1ce5.jpg might be worth trying as this seems to keep a record of what it has downloaded

radeon

I'm right, here, you can ask me what it does! haha

you're right, that keeps a list of all previously downloaded themes. there is no need or reason to delete that unless you want to redownload all themes again which is just a pointless exercise if they already exist. My plugins don't list what themes are in your collection, just those that have been downloaded by the plugin in the past. if they exist in your collection and emby know's about it, the plugins will just skip and move onto the next one. Nothing is wrong though

Spaceboy

I'm right, here, you can ask me what it does! haha

you're right, that keeps a list of all previously downloaded themes. there is no need or reason to delete that unless you want to redownload all themes again which is just a pointless exercise if they already exist. My plugins don't list what themes are in your collection, just those that have been downloaded by the plugin in the past. if they exist in your collection and emby know's about it, the plugins will just skip and move onto the next one. Nothing is wrong though

[emoji3] no problem, mind bullet and I seem to have a similar issue with the tv themes plugin. It only runs for a second but the other three for me seem to run as expected, taking a few minutes.

He also has the issue that his other plugins are taking several hours to run so I was trying to talk him through a complete reset to see if that helped

radeon

If's hes delete all of his themes and the filters then i'd expect them to run for hours. 

PM me a copy of your debug log after running the tv themes plugin with the issue and I'll take a look for ya. :D

MindBullet

jesus! I've come back to a bomb!

@@MindBullet, I think you have misunderstood the purpose of the plugins info it was giving you. it only logs those it has downloaded. You wouldn't expect to see it repopulate if the themes already exist from a previous instance. 

Haha I'm sorry! Bombs have been thrown admittedly. But am I wrong, when I expect the plug-ins to show former backdrops/themes on the server's dashboard UI when re-installing them and re-running the tasks? It's just weird that some do and some don't. Also the TV show movie theme plug-in indeed only downloaded 20-ish backdrops, which were significantly more before I shredded my entire server.

May it be as it is. So you think the problem originates from me downgrading from beta to stable, amirite? If that's the case, that's a bit of a personal disaster, as I was just starting from scratch with a fresh beta install, mistaken that your plug-ins would all work, so I downgraded to stable again. If you tell me now, that I would need to have another clean install of a stable branch, I'll completely surrender and cry myself to sleep :D I'm working 45+ hours a week and have 2 children below the age of 5. I don't think I can take another clean install :D So if there's any chance I could get them entirely working with my current Fauxpas-setup I'll gladly do whatever it takes (except for a clean install of course if possible :D )

Edited by MindBullet

MindBullet

If's hes delete all of his themes and the filters then i'd expect them to run for hours. 

PM me a copy of your debug log after running the tv themes plugin with the issue and I'll take a look for ya. :D

Sorry I didn't catch up on the latest conversation, as I was overseeing the other posts you did on page 49. I most definitely will! Damn I missed you @@radeon. Just coming from work. Thank you so much for trying to help me. Been already said that your plug-ins are worth every penny and make Emby a very unique and beautiful tool imo and I'd love to see all of them working. I'll send a log now!

EDIT: @@Spaceboy thank you for the hint and I already did that earlier today, but it seemed like it didn't do anything. I will firstly send a log to radeon and afterwards wipe any trace of the plug-ins and start from scratch to my best knowledge. And, if radeon as the mastermind has another solution I'll glady take that! Thanks guys for all of your attention!

Edited by MindBullet

radeon

Haha I'm sorry! Bombs have been thrown admittedly. But am I wrong, when I expect the plug-ins to show former backdrops/themes on the server's dashboard UI when re-installing them and re-running the tasks? It's just weird that some do and some don't. Also the TV show movie theme plug-in indeed only downloaded 20-ish backdrops, which were significantly more before I shredded my entire server.

May it be as it is. So you think the problem originates from me downgrading from beta to stable, amirite? If that's the case, that's a bit of a personal disaster, as I was just starting from scratch with a fresh beta install, mistaken that your plug-ins would all work, so I downgraded to stable again. If you tell me now, that I would need to have another clean install of a stable branch, I'll completely surrender and cry myself to sleep :D I'm working 45+ hours a week and have 2 children below the age of 5. I don't think I can take another clean install :D So if there's any chance I could get them entirely working with my current Fauxpas-setup I'll gladly do whatever it takes (except for a clean install of course if possible :D )

If you reinstalled the plugins but left the existing configs then the filters would list the previously downloaded. They filters were only ever implemented as the offer a very simple feature, someone years ago didn't like a theme that was being downloaded, so they deleted it and the plugin redownloaded it and it was at that point that he entered a vicious circle, in comes the filters. They simply logged and all themes downloaded, then when the plugins ran up again, they would check if the theme existed in the filter and if they did, the plugin wouldn't attempt to redownload. So it was never about showing what themes exist but just which had been previously downloaded by the plugins. 

I can't think of a reason you would get a differing amount of themes though. And I can't imagine a reinstall is required either. Post ya logs to me via PM (I have seen your other reply so i know ya gonna) and i'll take a look :D

• Like 1

JDizzy

Just redid entire movie library.

Need to download all movie themes (again)

The filters have been emptied (not showing it has downloaded any) and I also deleted the config file and regenerated it per one of above replies.

I run the plugin and it finishes in 30 seconds not downloading anything... there are no backdrop folders or themes in my library.

I am running Emby on WD MyCloud PR4100 server.

@@radeon Any suggestions?

Edited by JDizzy
  • Like 1

K1ng_Lear

I‘ve a similar problem. Recently the plugin doesn’t download anything anymore. I ripped Ip Man 1-3 and there is neither a theme song nor a theme video. It seems something is broken.

Vidman

Sorry guys, had to go off grid for a little again there! Should be any reason why not. Drop me a log via pm if you're still having issues

Hey, drop me a pm with your details and I'll confirm your licence info. Not quite sure what you mean by " Does not allow me to add a new tv series", it's a scheduled task which automatically does what is needed to sort theme media. you shouldn't have to do anything other than run the task. The rest is up to your emby clients.

Still having issues with your plugins on freeNAS, what do you need to look into this?

JDizzy

I think possibly that the plugin is not working on all platforms.

I run Emby on a WD MyCouud server and it does not download the themes.

BUT, as a test, I setup another Emby server on my Windows machine and it downloaded all the themes during the evening.

For now, this will be my workaround.

• 2 weeks later...
Scott310

Yup! Not available for beta yet. I have to get the next couple of weeks out the way with work then I'll be back home and able to release new versions for ya!

Hey Just looking for a quick update on how this is going.  Wondering if I should just switch back to stable.  Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
GonjaT

http://www.ballingtons.com/s/tmdb3/

this keeps getting blocked by my antivirus bitdefender as "Blocked Malaware from Embyserver.exe"

I'm assuming its from the theme and video downloader addons as thats the only new adjustments i made to the server over the past 2 days (got home from work just now and seen this).

would this be a false positive?

TIA

***Edit***

Added 2 more pics to further detail.

post-374926-0-16513300-1562372712_thumb.png

post-374926-0-28524500-1562377860_thumb.png

post-374926-0-40838900-1562377867_thumb.png

Edited by GonjaT