Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

Happy2Play

I guess the first question would be does the same thing happen without those plugins?

@@Luke

@@radeon

GonjaT

I removed them and rebooted server with nothing since. I did reintall them moments ago and had it pop up immediately after a server reboot

Edited by GonjaT

GonjaT

Sorry for a double post, but what I did was in this order.

1. Removed theme music plugin

2. Removed video theme plugin

3. Rebooted with no virus pop-up after server started.

Left it for about 40 mins with no pop-up.

4. Reinstalled theme music plugin

5. Rebooted, this time it popped up with same warning after server start.

6. Installed video theme plug in.

7. Rebooted, but this time it popped up twice back to back as if both plug-ins were detected as malaware.

8. Uninstalled both, rebooted and nothing now again for 10 mins and counting.

Edited by GonjaT

Happy2Play

Best guess would be you may have to create a exception for Emby within Bit Defender. But would wait on comments from plugin dev radeon and possibly Luke.

GonjaT

Thanks Happy2Play.

That was my plan but I didn't want to risk maybe some sort of interception or whatnot as I don't know how viruses work completely. I will await more comments before jumping the gun.

Happy2Play

Are there any more details if click on the "Infected web resource detected"?

I guess the first question would be does the same thing happen without those plugins?

@@Luke

@@radeon

Well that url would never get hit without the plugins.

It's related to a third party plugin so I will have to defer to the developer radeon for comment. In fact I'll probably just merge this discussion into his thread for his plugin so that we can be sure he'll see this.

Scott310

Thanks @@radeon for the update! Downloads are working again for me on beta version 4.20.26 :).

However just a note you might not be aware of, for some reason the plugin is downloading theme music in .mp4 format and the server is thinking it is another movie file and attempting to categorize it.

Just a heads up.  Thanks for all your hard work!

da1stprince

Thanks @@radeon for the update! Downloads are working again for me on beta version 4.20.26 :).

However just a note you might not be aware of, for some reason the plugin is downloading theme music in .mp4 format and the server is thinking it is another movie file and attempting to categorize it.

Just a heads up.  Thanks for all your hard work!

same issue i had... i just deleted those 5 or 6 files and rescanned to eliminate those entries

Scott310

same issue i had... i just deleted those 5 or 6 files and rescanned to eliminate those entries

Yeah me too....

Smaky

Same here some theme.mp4 files appeared. Seems they are no longer being stored under a backdrops folder.

K1ng_Lear

Where can I get the update? I can only see my installed version 1.6.3.0 of the plug in and it still don't work.

radeon

Yeah me too....

I'm not seeing this issue at all? Not sure why you'd be getting it. @@Luke, do i need to be doing anything special with the library scans when new themes are added now? I've never had to do anything before 

Same here some theme.mp4 files appeared. Seems they are no longer being stored under a backdrops folder.

I've just confirmed in testing and in the code that the themes are placed in a backdrops folder so i'm not sure how you're getting that behaviour? Is anyone else seeing this? And, can you confirm if you're getting it on tv themes too or just movies? 

Where can I get the update? I can only see my installed version 1.6.3.0 of the plug in and it still don't work.

1.6.6.0 is for the latest emby server beta. 

radeon

Thanks Happy2Play.

That was my plan but I didn't want to risk maybe some sort of interception or whatnot as I don't know how viruses work completely. I will await more comments before jumping the gun.

Missed this one... That's just one of the index files for the theme media, it's even logged in the debug logs as it'll fail without them. Nothing malicious about it at all. It's been the same since emby was called media browser 3! 

Scott310

Through testing I found that the plugin is correctly downloading video backdrops and placing them in the backdrops folder. What I found was that it was theme music that was occasionally being downloaded in .mp4 format and placed into the movie folder there by making the server think it's another movie file but when I click to play it, it is in fact just the theme music in the wrong format i.e. .mp4 instead of .mp3

• Like 1

Scott310
Here is the media info for a theme music file that was placed in a movie folder.   Media Info
AudioTitleUnd MP3 stereo (Default)
Languageund
CodecMP3
Codec tagmp4a
Layoutstereo
Channels2 ch
Bitrate128 kbps
Sample rate44,100 Hz
DefaultYes
Containermp4
PathG:\Movies\Welcome to Marwen (2018)\theme.mp4
Size2 MB
  • Like 1

Siutsch

Same problem here.

Deleted some 0 Byte theme.mp4 files and renamed some to theme.mp3 and did a rescan.

Everythin OK since then.

• Like 1

Smaky

I'm not seeing this issue at all? Not sure why you'd be getting it. @@Luke, do i need to be doing anything special with the library scans when new themes are added now? I've never had to do anything before 

I've just confirmed in testing and in the code that the themes are placed in a backdrops folder so i'm not sure how you're getting that behaviour? Is anyone else seeing this? And, can you confirm if you're getting it on tv themes too or just movies? 

1.6.6.0 is for the latest emby server beta. 

Well.. this happened once when I manually ran the scheduled task to download themes for both Movies and TV Series. I manually deleted these files and they did not appeared again. I just ran manually the tasks again just to validate if this was a one-off or if this is a consistent behavior. Will come back with more feedback once the task ends.

K1ng_Lear

Hi,

I run your fabulous app in version 1.6.6.0 on server 4.2.0.26 beta on Synology NAS. After manually triggering of the task it stuck at 11.3%. I waited for 35 minutes, stoped the task and triggered a rerun and it almost immediately stuck at 11.3% again.

What kind of logs do you need for your investigation?

Thx

Correction: It is version 1.6.6.1

Edited by K1ng_Lear

MRobi

Having an issue with these plugins. When running the scheduled task, TV Theme Songs works great. TV Theme Videos, Movie Theme Videos and Movie Theme Songs all "complete" instantly taking 0 seconds and not downloading anything.

Still having this same issue from Feb. on FreeNAS/FreeBSD.

Beta Server version 4.2.0.31

Plugin version 1.6.6.1

Stable server version 4.1.1.0

Plugin version 1.6.3.0

Manually run the scheduled task and they complete in 0 seconds. 

TV Theme Songs continue to work but none of the other plugins do anything.

Log from the beta server attached. You can see in the log the errors reporting.

post-53202-0-51195700-1563311272_thumb.png

embyserver.txt

Edited by MRobi
  • Like 1