I have just bought today the 4 plugins.

On 150 movies, I have only 3 mp4

All my movies are in a folder 

Nothing appends when I scan my library

Have you a tutorial for the plugin ?

Thanks

See my other response :-)

• 1 month later...

Alright, so something is not right, can't get it to work. I paid via Paypal (Movie theme videos)and was expecting to add in a code somewhere but nothing. All I get is a list of a few movies starting with "A" in the download filters. Did I need to pay $5 for this plugin? I'm paying $4.99 a month.

I tried seeing if the backdrop was added to any of the Aliens movies and they were not.....

what am I missing here?

my paypal is admin@sound***e.com

Update: Think it's working now, I had to uninstall it and get it out of demo mode and install it again. I'll let you know if it works later. It's downloading videos at a slow percentage which is a good sign that things are being downloaded.

I do have a question for now though. I have a long list of movies in the "Download filters" list but when I fire up my Fire TV and go to those movies, I still don't see the video backdrops...do I have to wait for things to process? Is there a setting that needs to be activated?

Edited by vixxy

radeon

Hey! Glad it sounds like you got it sorted. Normally a server restart needs to happen after the purchase to reconfirm the licence. But a reinstall of the plugin would do it to. As for fire TV. I think that's one of ebrs clients, I don't personally use it so you'd have to check if the client supports theme video backdrops.

Cheers.

Vidman

Hey! Glad it sounds like you got it sorted. Normally a server restart needs to happen after the purchase to reconfirm the licence. But a reinstall of the plugin would do it to. As for fire TV. I think that's one of ebrs clients, I don't personally use it so you'd have to check if the client supports theme video backdrops.

Cheers.

It doesn't.......yet Edited by Vidman

Ouch...video backdrop not supported on Fire TV? No wonder why nothing happens. 

Any word on when it will be available? These plugins should list what devices they are compatible with.

radeon

Probably best to ask ebr. It's not really a case of which devices my plugins support as they are meta data providers and download the media in a format and structure which is directly supported by the server and any clients if they choose to utilise them.

I personally think all clients should support them and don't really have a reason not to other than the usual demand/priority which is always understandable.

Edited by radeon

Vidman

As radeon says the demand has not been high so it is low priority, plus i don't know if they will be a good fit with the current material design

But i am just a user, ebr would be the person to ask

Edited by Vidman

Probably best to ask ebr. It's not really a case of which devices my plugins support as they are meta data providers and download the media in a format and structure which is directly supported by the server and any clients if they choose to utilise them.

I personally think all clients should support them and don't really have a reason not to other than the usual demand/priority which is always understandable.

Alright, I just PM'd ebr. 

If he says that there is no definite date to make this plugin work for Fire TV, I'll need a Paypal refund. As Vidman and I have found, it just doesn't work on Fire TV. I actually haven't got it to work at all, not sure if this plugin is supposed to work on a web browser as well, but all I see is static image backdrops.

They work with the Emby Theater web app at:

http://tv.emby.media

Ah, got it, see it working now. Nowhere in the plugin description does it say it only works with Emby Theatre. Realistically, do you see video backdrops on Fire TV anytime soon? I don't watch movies on a desktop computer, I have a projector setup with Fire TV and the Emby app (which is absolutely fantastic) it's a Plex killer.

My guess is there is no plan to integrate anytime soon....right? 

Edited by vixxy

radeon

I don't think you're understanding the purpose of the plugin. My plugin doesn't do anything in any client, ever. It doesn't enable any functionality or handle any part of the theme playback process. It simply downloads them. I can see from my server logs that it has worked on your server and themes have been downloaded. As Theme Videos are supported by the Emby server, any client/theme can make use of them if they choose to.. That is exactly what is description says in the plugin. Not only that but it even ha a free trial which enables you to see the exact functionality you get before you buy.If the metadata is in your library, which it is, then it's doing its job as advertised. 

I personally use it with Emby via Kodi and it works great. As far as I'm aware, you can use Kodi with Fire TV so might be a route you want to look down.

I don't think you're understanding the purpose of the plugin. My plugin doesn't do anything in any client, ever. It doesn't enable any functionality or handle any part of the theme playback process. It simply downloads them. I can see from my server logs that it has worked on your server and themes have been downloaded. As Theme Videos are supported by the Emby server, any client/theme can make use of them if they choose to.. That is exactly what is description says in the plugin. Not only that but it even ha a free trial which enables you to see the exact functionality you get before you buy.If the metadata is in your library, which it is, then it's doing its job as advertised. 

I personally use it with Emby via Kodi and it works great. As far as I'm aware, you can use Kodi with Fire TV so might be a route you want to look down.

I do understand how your plugin works but the bottom line is that it doesn't work with my current setup using Emby with the Fire TV. You mentioned earlier that you are not sure if it works with Fire TV....it doesn't, and I don't want to use Kodi.

I'm a software developer myself and before we make a release, we test it on all the hardware platforms to make sure there is no confusion down the road. Each plugin should say what's it compatible for, yes it extra work but it would avoid situations like this. I would have not bought the plugin if it said it wasn't compatible with the Emby app on Fire TV. Or maybe just list what it IS compatible with. 

Example: Works with:

- Emby Theatre

- Emby via Kodi

Yes, I tried the demo but since I was obviously trying to make it work on my Fire TV and wasn't working...so I thought I simply needed to unlock it so I bought it. I didn't know the plugin works with Emby theatre until Luke mentioned it. 

No doubt it's a great plugin and people enjoy it but I guess I'm the small percentage where it just doesn't work in my situation. 

I just need to find out from ebr if there's plans to enable this on the Emby app within Fire TV soon. If not, then I will need a refund. 

radeon

You're still missing my point. My plugins doesn't do anything but provide metadata. It's not compatible with anything but emby server and it is.

The trial is in place to do exactly what it does...ensure it works for people in their setup.

Your reasoning is like saying I just bought 50L of petrol but I just found out my car is diesel so now I'm not happy. Never mind having had a free trial of petrol to see if it works in your car.

Edited by radeon

Here's the point:

Your plugin works for certain situations, not mine.

Take the Rotten Tomatoes plugin for example. It also grabs metadata but guess what? It translates into the FireTV emby app perfectly. This is how I thought your plugin was going to work as well, it doesn't. 

I paid $5 for something I can't use. 

As Radeon says, the plug-in is doing what it advertises - it simply sources the videos.  Whether or not any particular client utilizes them is a different question but I do understand where you are coming from.  You have no need for the videos if the main client  you use doesn't utilize them.

At this point, we are still gauging demand for this feature on the Fire TV platform as it is something that is very foreign to the typical design of apps on those devices.  Honestly, there hasn't been much request for it - probably for that very reason. 

"but I do understand where you are coming from. You have no need for the videos if the main client you use doesn't utilize them."

That's all I'm trying to say, but I will add that the plugin description should mention what situation it's been tested for. Example, Rotten Tomatoes, Auto Box Sets, Trailers and some other plugins work fine on Fire TV, how was I supposed to know that the "Movie Theme Videos" wouldn't work on Fire TV?

But thanks for seeing where I'm coming from. No diss to Kodi or Emby Theatre, I just don't use it. I have converted dozens of Plex pass users to Emby by coming to my house and seeing it in action on an 180-inch screen. 

Radeon - Will you issue me a refund? I paid via Paypal last night admin@soundg***.com

epayson85

"but I do understand where you are coming from. You have no need for the videos if the main client you use doesn't utilize them."

That's all I'm trying to say, but I will add that the plugin description should mention what situation it's been tested for. Example, Rotten Tomatoes, Auto Box Sets, Trailers and some other plugins work fine on Fire TV, how was I supposed to know that the "Movie Theme Videos" wouldn't work on Fire TV?

But thanks for seeing where I'm coming from. No diss to Kodi or Emby Theatre, I just don't use it. I have converted dozens of Plex pass users to Emby by coming to my house and seeing it in action on an 180-inch screen. 

Radeon - Will you issue me a refund? I paid via Paypal last night admin@soundg***.com

The problem with him giving you a refund is you already downloaded all the videos from his server. That's what his plugin does. It doesnt play anything or work with certain apps. It just downloads videos. Of which you have now downloaded and have in your possession. So now let's say you get a refund and later down the road video back drops start to work on firetv. Guess what you now have the videos and don't need to pay another $5 to play them.

• Like 1

Vidman

But thanks for seeing where I'm coming from. No diss to Kodi or Emby Theatre, I just don't use it. I have converted dozens of Plex pass users to Emby by coming to my house and seeing it in action on an 180-inch screen.

That is the purpose of the trial, so you can see how it works with your system
  • Like 1

@@epayson85  I highly doubt Fire TV will get video backdrops, I don't care about video backdrops on Emby Theatre. I have already uninstalled the plugin.

@@Vidman You missed the part where I said I tried the trial and it didn't work (because I was trying it on the Fire TV, so I bought it thinking it would "unlock it".

In the end, it all comes down to character, it's not about the $5.

I run a software widget service and if somebody wants a refund within a couple days because it's not what they thought or it doesn't play well with their setup, I issue a refund no questions asked, I don't hide behind technicalities.

Chances are, I bought this guy a beer. It appears he needs the $5 more than I do. 

Drink up sir...drink up  ;)

You guys get the last word.

Edited by vixxy

Vidman

It did work. ..but you made an incorrect assumption regarding functionality, but aside from that the thing is you have now downloaded all the content that radeon provides from his servers for the small price of a beer. Uninstalling the plugin does not delete that content

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

radeon

My last reply was at 1.30 (ish) am last night whilst I was mid a conference call to one of my overseas customers and after the call finished, I went to bed. I went to bed with every intention of giving you a refund in the morning as you clearly weren't very happy with the plugin, even though it had done exactly as advertised, and even though you had been using a trial and determined it wasn't working for you and didn't ask for any support or help before buying, and even though you now have all of the content for you current collection that the plugin has to offer, so the time the functionality comes to the client you use, or you decide to change client, you get my work and effort for nothing. 

However, after coming back on this morning, I guess you're right, an element of it does come down to character and being totally honest, I really don't like how yours has turned nasty for something which isn't my fault in the slightest. 

You seem to keep making references to your software and mine as if they are the same when they very clearly aren't. To give you more detail, my plugin isn't like an emby premier subscription, it's functionality cannot be revoked, once its run and done it's bit to download the themes, they are physically there on your server for you to use from here on out and because of this, you have got exactly what you paid for. I understand that you might find it frustrating that the client you have chosen to use doesn't support them but that's exactly that, they don't support them, not the other way round. You had been given a trial to do exactly what you wanted with the plugin and see how it works for you. At the point it didn't, that would be the point you come to me or the support forum and start asking questions. Don't buy the plugin, download all of the themes then get annoyed because you thought the trial didn't work. If I were to download a trial of anything and i didn't think it was working, that wouldn't give me the confidence to pay for the full version in some random hope that that would.

That said, if you still want your refund, as much as i don't think it's warranted, you'll have to do more than giving me part of your email address. PM me your full email address and your emby premier/supporter key so i can get the licence revoked for further usage, then I'll issue with a refund. 

Thanks @@Vidman and @@epayson85 for the support on this one, but i'm not going to be made out to be the bad guy, even tho my plugins have done exactly as described!

Edited by radeon
  • Like 3

epayson85

@@epayson85  I highly doubt Fire TV will get video backdrops, I don't care about video backdrops on Emby Theatre. I have already uninstalled the plugin.

@@Vidman You missed the part where I said I tried the trial and it didn't work (because I was trying it on the Fire TV, so I bought it thinking it would "unlock it".

In the end, it all comes down to character, it's not about the $5.

I run a software widget service and if somebody wants a refund within a couple days because it's not what they thought or it doesn't play well with their setup, I issue a refund no questions asked, I don't hide behind technicalities.

Chances are, I bought this guy a beer. It appears he needs the $5 more than I do. 

Drink up sir...drink up  ;)

You guys get the last word.

actually the plan is to eventually get all clients on emby theater so yes video backdrops will work on firetv at some point.

• 2 months later...
epayson85

So someone went and uploaded one of the older x-men themes for the new Apocalypse movies.  For the love of god... if you are going to do custom crap please turn off the contributors network!!!! For those of you that want the actual theme I put it on my gdrive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5OwWoVy_GQuUzQ5WjhEbGhYdkE

Oddly I can't get the new Captain America Civil War theme to download but also mine won't upload... so I can't tell if there is one on the server or not but here is mine if anyone needs it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5OwWoVy_GQuWHg2SjBrUU15NVE