Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

GhostRider

I can't find it if I do. And it only plays on movies that don't have a 'theme'. Like if I scroll down to the bottom of the movie, it has no theme listed. Also, it only shows a static backdrop and plays some 80's synthesizer music(from the revenge of the nerds).

Can you try searching for revenge of the nerds*.jpg? That will pick up any artwork so the rogue theme will be in the same folder

Edited by GhostRider

it might be named something else if the download was mistagged. i would suggest browsing to wherever you need to browse to make it play, then attach the server log. that should help us see the path to the file.

1971camaroguy

Ok, I went ahead and added the movie theme plugin to my installation. I went ahead and bought the 4-pack that radeon sells last Friday,  

I got the email thanking me for the purchase and the subscriber key via email (same key I have through my emby subscription)

I'm not seeing any changes in the back drops for my movies, is there a known specific movie I can test with?

Where are the video files stores for this? I can look in that folder and see if any videos downloaded

Thanks again

radeon

Ok, I went ahead and added the movie theme plugin to my installation. I went ahead and bought the 4-pack that radeon sells last Friday,  

I got the email thanking me for the purchase and the subscriber key via email (same key I have through my emby subscription)

I'm not seeing any changes in the back drops for my movies, is there a known specific movie I can test with?

Where are the video files stores for this? I can look in that folder and see if any videos downloaded

Thanks again

Make sure the scheduled task has run successfully for each of the types, (movie videos, songs then tv videos and songs) then you should have a backdrops folder in each of the videos that has downloaded of a theme.mp3 for musc.

The files are downloaded to the root of each of the movies or tv shows. i.e. c:\tv\friends\backdrops\theme.mp4 for videos or c:\tv\friends\theme.mp3 for songs. 

1971camaroguy

cool thanks for the quick reply, I just ran the scheduled task for download local Movie them videos...and it's doing it's thing. Main thing is I wanted to make sure I knew where the videos would drop in to

Thanks again

where has the plugin gone? cant see the TV theme or Movie Theme downloader

Are you running the .net core version of Emby Server?

@@radeon, will these be updated for .Net core?

• 1 month later...

The wonderful YTrailers plugin has not been working for me for a while. No big deal given my slow-ish accumulation of video but I recently went to fix it and discovered that my expected fix didn't work: the plugin doesn't appear under 'plugins' in emby's management web interface, nor under scheduled tasks.

Am I doing it right:

1. using most current (stable) emby

2. downloaded the new plugin from ballingtons.com

3. copied the dll to /var/lib/emby/plugins/

4. changed ownership to emby:emby (permissions are -rw-r--r-- )

5. reboot emby (even tried computer reboot)

The log makes only one reference to YTrailer:

2017-12-09 09:40:16.438 Info App: Loading YTrailers, Version=1.1.1.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Am I missing something?

Edited by bric

radeon

The wonderful YTrailers plugin has not been working for me for a while. No big deal given my slow-ish accumulation of video but I recently went to fix it and discovered that my expected fix didn't work: the plugin doesn't appear under 'plugins' in emby's management web interface, nor under scheduled tasks.

Am I doing it right:

1. using most current (stable) emby

2. downloaded the new plugin from ballingtons.com

3. copied the dll to /var/lib/emby/plugins/

4. changed ownership to emby:emby (permissions are -rw-r--r-- )

5. reboot emby (even tried computer reboot)

The log makes only one reference to YTrailer:

2017-12-09 09:40:16.438 Info App: Loading YTrailers, Version=1.1.1.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Am I missing something?

Sounds like you're running the latest version of emby which has significant changes and breaks all of my plugins. They will 100% be returning. I was planning to get a new plugin done and before Christmas  but I was unfortunately in a car crash and now I'm about to head off on holiday so it's looking more like January. 

Apologies for the inconvenience, the head devs said they would be moving exclusively within 6-9 months at the end of August yet they have pushed an update to servers already which breaks the plugins. Not really much I can do. :-\ 

• Like 1

Sounds like you're running the latest version of emby which has significant changes and breaks all of my plugins. They will 100% be returning. I was planning to get a new plugin done and before Christmas  but I was unfortunately in a car crash and now I'm about to head off on holiday so it's looking more like January. 

Apologies for the inconvenience, the head devs said they would be moving exclusively within 6-9 months at the end of August yet they have pushed an update to servers already which breaks the plugins. Not really much I can do. :-\ 

No worries and no hurry.  It took me from August to get around to trying to fix it.  I will hold out hope for sometime in the next 6 months. 

:)

Thanks for the update!

• 1 month later...
kingy444

No worries and no hurry.  It took me from August to get around to trying to fix it.  I will hold out hope for sometime in the next 6 months. 

Thanks for the update!

Similar boat here

@@radeon appreciate you have some personal stuff at the moment. Whenever you get to fixing it will be sweet.

A suggestion for those of us who are somewhat IT inclined, would it be possible compile all your apps as standalone applications the same as you have with the IMDB People downloader? Then we could just windows schedule task it ?

While I like the integration with EMBY front end this would help with compatibility issues ? This might be more appropriate for the yTrailers plugin with will never be in the EMBY catalog. Bet you can tell which one i'm missing  :D

Edited by kingy444
  • Like 1

A suggestion for those of us who are somewhat IT inclined, would it be possible compile all your apps as standalone applications the same as you have with the IMDB People downloader? Then we could just windows schedule task it ?

Although my htpc is a linux based machine, that could indeed be an idea worth considering. I certainly am not wedded to having it be an emby-only plugin. 

But again, I'm in no hurry.

• Like 1

V V V soon! They were meant to be out the other week but a couple of things came up.

are these going to be new version that we need to re-purchase? and if so will there still be a bundle discount?

CBers

Due to unforseen circumstances, @@radeon hasn't finished the updating of the plugins.

He will make an announcement as soon as possible, but until then, this post will have to suffice.

• Like 1

radeon

Without shooting myself in the foot, we plan to re release the plugins late this week/early next. Sadly, a couple of long term illnesses eventually leading to death has pushed things back a lot and I'm finally getting my head back into gear so watch this space!

Apologies to all of those affected by my absence.

Edited by radeon
  • Like 1

kingy444

Without shooting myself in the foot, we plan to re release the plugins late this week/early. Sadly, a couple of long term illnesses eventually leading to death has pushed things back a lot and I'm finally getting my head back into gear so watch this space!

Apologies to all of those affected by my absence.

Your kidding right - mate we want it to work again but not at the expense of your health.

If you need more time you can see from the thread we are willing to wait, we just also miss them at the same time :)

And we arent tied to them being integrated if its easier for compatability etc to be an executable like imdb ;)

• Like 1

radeon

Your kidding right - mate we want it to work again but not at the expense of your health.

If you need more time you can see from the thread we are willing to wait, we just also miss them at the same time :)

And we arent tied to them being integrated if its easier for compatability etc to be an executable like imdb ;)

Thanks man! And apologies again, I just realised how badly I wrote that! I meant two long illnesses of others leading to their deaths. I'm gladly healthier than ever, just a little troubled by losses of loved ones. Back to it now and getting on top of things that fell to the sides. :-)

• Like 3