Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

I bought this plugin and have it installed on my server.  I get video backdrops for my movies (I only use emby for movies) on the emby theater app for windows 10 but I can't get them to play on emby for WMC.  I have tried the default skin, and subdued but I get the same results.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

Hi.  There are options in the config pages for EMC that govern whether or not these will be shown.

jachin99

I'm not seeing any settings in the configuration app for live backgrounds.  Is there an advanced settings tab somewhere I'm missing.  I just see options for external players, and ISO support.

jachin99

Your talking about the configuration within emby for WMC, not the separate configuration app.  I have live backgrounds enabled here as well.  I can't remember exactly how its worded or which tab it is under but I do remember enabling this option.  Can there be a separate setting somewhere in the themes tab or something that has to be changed also?

• 5 weeks later...
jachin99

Are there any other settings in emby for wmc that would set a different kind of background over the theme background?  I ask because I still haven't gotten these to work, and I can't remember to save my life how I solved this problem before.  I have the backdrop folder inside of most of my movie folders, and when i setup my WMC movies library i get about 70 or so movies named theme so i know the files are there.  I've also checked the box in emby for wmc settings that allows live backgrounds

jachin99

I can see the outline of the box that my live backgrounds used to play inside of but the theme video isn't there.  I have also noticed that many of the background folders within each movie folder look to be hidden from normal users.  Could this be causing a problem?

radeon

I can see the outline of the box that my live backgrounds used to play inside of but the theme video isn't there.  I have also noticed that many of the background folders within each movie folder look to be hidden from normal users.  Could this be causing a problem?

Hidden folders is how its meant to be for the backdrops. 

Have you got "Enable Active Backgrounds" enabled? 

59359e5942c46_20170605_19h08_15.png

jachin99

I do have active backgrounds enabled.  i've tried a few skins but cannot get it to work in Emby for WMC.  If it helps any I also have a bunch of files called theme when I import my movies into the regular WMC movies strip.  I'm sure these are my theme videos.

GhostRider

Hi

I was wondering if the Movie Theme Videos Plugin "remembers" folders it has scanned and skips these in future scans. Just that I notice a new scan with the Movie Theme Videos Plugin finds backdrop themes very well for new movies but on my setup it never picks up a theme for a previous movie. I would have expected a low hit rate on previously scanned films but I never seem to get any so wondered if there was some setting I need to change to rescan all folders from scratch?

Looked into this a bit more and noticed, for example, my Star Trek Into Darkness  folder does not have a backdrop for this movie, I kinda expected there would be one for this film. Anybody any ideas if the Movie Theme Video scan keeps a record of folders previously scanned and if so is there a way to reset this?

As a test can anybody using this plug-in help and confirm if you have or don't have a backdrop for Star Trek Into Darkness? That would help me understand if all is working OK at my end.

Edited by GhostRider

I do have active backgrounds enabled.  i've tried a few skins but cannot get it to work in Emby for WMC.  If it helps any I also have a bunch of files called theme when I import my movies into the regular WMC movies strip.  I'm sure these are my theme videos.

Test with Chocolate and make sure you also have the theme's background options enabled.

radeon

Loked into this a bit more and noticed, for example, my Star Trek Into Darkness  folder does not have a backdrop for this movie, I kinda expected there would be one for this film. Anybody any ideas if the Movie Theme Video scan keeps a record of folders previously scanned and if so is there a way to reset this?

Hey, sorry, think i missed this with all the Emby MCE talk in the thread! Yeah the plugin had download filters which prevents redownload of themes. You'll need to clear those within the emby dashboards plugin configuration then re run the scheduled task.

EDIT: I've just confirmed there is a theme video for Star Trek Into Darkness

Edited by radeon

GhostRider

Hey, sorry, think i missed this with all the Emby MCE talk in the thread! Yeah the plugin had download filters which prevents redownload of themes. You'll need to clear those within the emby dashboards plugin configuration then re run the scheduled task.

EDIT: I've just confirmed there is a theme video for Star Trek Into Darkness

No probs, thanks for the reply radeon. I tried the following:

1) Looked for Star Trek Into Darkness in my "Download Filters" list - it was not listed

2) Pressed "Delete All" and all my previous downloads were removed from the list (left all backdrops folders as is)

3) In scheduled tasks ran for "Download Local Movie Theme Video"

4) The Download Filters list was repopulated

5) But no theme for Star Trek Into Darkness was downloaded.

I have four folders on different disks in my movies collection, it is almost as if the scheduled task scan is skipping over at least one of these folders as no new backdrops folders have been created in this folder since the very this time I ran the Movie Theme Video scan.

Any other suggestions to try please?

radeon

Did you make sure you hit save when you deleted the filters? 

The scheduled task calls on the emby server core to give it a list of all movies with a missing theme video. So as long as those movies are within one of your emby libraries listed as movies, and they're writable directories then it will download the themes if they're available.

The themes are indexed based on the TMDBid so you'll need to make sure that is set for the films.

Otherwise, send over a full debug log, just PM me a link to it, and I'll be able to take a look. 

• Like 1

GhostRider

Did you make sure you hit save when you deleted the filters? 

The scheduled task calls on the emby server core to give it a list of all movies with a missing theme video. So as long as those movies are within one of your emby libraries listed as movies, and they're writable directories then it will download the themes if they're available.

The themes are indexed based on the TMDBid so you'll need to make sure that is set for the films.

Otherwise, send over a full debug log, just PM me a link to it, and I'll be able to take a look. 

Ah that's it: TMDBid is the thing missing (TMDB Collection id was also missing). Added these manually and the backdrop theme was downloaded on the next scan.

The thing about that disc on my setup with no backdrops is that it holds all my original movies from back in the days Emby was called Media Browser and v 3 had just come out! I am sure the TMDBid and Collection id were there originally as I was keen on collections from the beginning but with so many migrations have happend I guess the nfo file could have been updated without the TMDB id at some stage.

Of now to go though all the other movies on that disc to check they have a TMDBid.

Many thanks

radeon

Ah that's it: TMDBid is the thing missing (TMDB Collection id was also missing). Added these manually and the backdrop theme was downloaded on the next scan.

The thing about that disc on my setup with no backdrops is that it holds all my original movies from back in the days Emby was called Media Browser and v 3 had just come out! I am sure the TMDBid and Collection id were there originally as I was keen on collections from the beginning but with so many migrations have happend I guess the nfo file could have been updated without the TMDB id at some stage.

Of now to go though all the other movies on that disc to check they have a TMDBid.

Many thanks

Ah Excellent! 

Does seem a little strange that the tmdbid would be removed tho eh! I wonder why? 

Least we have you sorted tho! :-)

jachin99

Test with Chocolate and make sure you also have the theme's background options enabled.

I have chocolate selected as my theme, and I have just about every option enabled for it.  Just for clarity, where is the Background option at.  I see a few other options for things like backdrop but I do see a background option in particular.  All of this is in Emby for WMC by the way. 

GhostRider

Hi radeon

I am having a new small issue with the backdrop video download. Not sure what is at fault, maybe I have done something wrong, but this is the scenario:

1. Noticed two films had the same movie backdrop: A Bridge Too Far (TMDB id 5902) and Apolcalypse Now (TMDB id 28)
  2. Double checked I had the right TMDD id for each film (all looks correct)
  3. Deleted the entry for these two films from the video backdrops filter list
  4. Deleted the backdrops folders in the movies folders from the hard disk
  5. Rerun Scan Media Library
  6. Rerun Download Local Movie Theme Video
  7. New backdrop folders are not downloaded, but filter list is showing these as present again.

Looks like Emby thinks the backdrops still exist so Movie Theme Video skips over them. Did I do the correct thing to get Movie Theme Video to redownload the backdrop theme?

Debug log file attached.

Running Emby version 3.2.19.0 on WIndows 10 as a service.

Many thanks

Edited by GhostRider

radeon

Hi radeon

I am having a new small issue with the backdrop video download. Not sure what is at fault, maybe I have done something wrong, but this is the scenario:

1. Noticed two films had the same movie backdrop: A Bridge Too Far (TMDB id 5902) and Apolcalypse Now (TMDB id 28)
  2. Double checked I had the right TMDD id for each film (all looks correct)
  3. Deleted the entry for these two films from the video backdrops filter list
  4. Deleted the backdrops folders in the movies folders from the hard disk
  5. Rerun Scan Media Library
  6. Rerun Download Local Movie Theme Video
  7. New backdrop folders are not downloaded, but filter list is showing these as present again.

Looks like Emby thinks the backdrops still exist so Movie Theme Video skips over them. Did I do the correct thing to get Movie Theme Video to redownload the backdrop theme?

Debug log file attached.

Running Emby version 3.2.19.0 on WIndows 10 as a service.

Many thanks

Hey,

They're in the filter list in your log:

2017-06-07 08:59:32.6236 Info App: Movie Theme Videos - A Bridge Too Far in filter list so will not be downloaded
2017-06-07 08:59:32.6236 Info App: Movie Theme Videos - Apocalypse Now in filter list so will not be downloaded

So i'm guessing you couldn't have hit save when you deleted them from the filters. :-)

GhostRider

Haha yes, I missed the save button, I had not scrolled down right to the bottom.

I think I have another issue now, I have double checked the TMDB ids and redownloaded the backdrops successfully, but I get odd results for:

A Bridge Too Far (TMDB id 5902) and Apolcalypse Now (TMDB id 28)- it downloads the same backdrop for both movies.

Lara Croft Thomb Raider (TMDB id 1995) and Cradle of Life  (TMDB id 1996) - both download the same wrong backdrop which looks to be for the Hustle.

Any ideas please?

radeon

Haha yes, I missed the save button, I had not scrolled down right to the bottom.

I think I have another issue now, I have double checked the TMDB ids and redownloaded the backdrops successfully, but I get odd results for:

A Bridge Too Far (TMDB id 5902) and Apolcalypse Now (TMDB id 28)- it downloads the same backdrop for both movies.

Lara Croft Thomb Raider (TMDB id 1995) and Cradle of Life  (TMDB id 1996) - both download the same wrong backdrop which looks to be for the Hustle.

Any ideas please?

They'll just be the wrong backdrops uploaded by a contributor. I can delete them server side. Naturally that won't give a replacement unless someone has one to replace them with. 

Sammy

I have a question. I went to install all 4 of these plugins and it says trail period expired. Then I went to your site to just cough up a few clams. I am not sure how, after paying via paypal, the plugin all of a sudden just works because there's no place to put in an activation code. How does it work?

TIA

radeon

I have a question. I went to install all 4 of these plugins and it says trail period expired. Then I went to your site to just cough up a few clams. I am not sure how, after paying via paypal, the plugin all of a sudden just works because there's no place to put in an activation code. How does it work?

TIA

It uses the same licence methods as if you were to have bought them individually from the emby catalog and used the same email address

Sammy

Thanks for your quick response!!!!!

Okay. So it works by email address through Emby Connect? I don't log in to Emby that way either so I'm confused.

I don't really use Emby Classic any longer. Does this work on theater, Roku and the mobile apps?

radeon

Thanks for your quick response!!!!!

Okay. So it works by email address through Emby Connect? I don't log in to Emby that way either so I'm confused.

I don't really use Emby Classic any longer. Does this work on theater, Roku and the mobile apps?

No nothing to do with emby connect.

Yeah works with theatre, not sure about roku or the mobile apps as I don't use either. I'm sure those devs/forums will be able to tell you tho.