Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

radeon

Here is my log file. I see a list of all the movies but most say no video found.

Your tmdbids aren't set which is why it's failing. Make sure your meta data is set correctly for your movies with full tmdb data and you should find that it works fine.  Cheers

mentasm

I've just logged into home remotely and im pretty sure the issue is fixed.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on! Cheers, 

Looks like its much happier.  Care to share what the problem was out of curiosity?

Mopar_Mudder

Your tmdbids aren't set which is why it's failing. Make sure your meta data is set correctly for your movies with full tmdb data and you should find that it works fine.  Cheers

Looks like that is doing the trick, it has been downloading a bunch of something for the last couple of hours and it only 40% done.

Is TMDB the preferred source for MB? I have always used IMDB, don't know if one is any better then the other.

radeon

Looks like its much happier.  Care to share what the problem was out of curiosity?

Sure, i get the file type from the content type in the header of the response stream and have to convert that to a file type extension. It seems the file is now returned as a x-matroska whereas us use to be octet-stream. So no i just catch both, just in case :-)

radeon

Looks like that is doing the trick, it has been downloading a bunch of something for the last couple of hours and it only 40% done.

Is TMDB the preferred source for MB? I have always used IMDB, don't know if one is any better then the other.

It's not really a preferred source as such, its just the ID i chose to use when originally developing the plugin.

I have had emby installed for longer than i can remember and mine has always populated the TMDBID automatically. I guess now on the newer installs, you have to opt in to use tmdb? 

Mopar_Mudder

It's not really a preferred source as such, its just the ID i chose to use when originally developing the plugin.

I have had emby installed for longer than i can remember and mine has always populated the TMDBID automatically. I guess now on the newer installs, you have to opt in to use tmdb? 

I don't know how Emby does it, I use meta browser to get my data and have just always use IMDB to get my data.

• 3 weeks later...
Mopar_Mudder

So how do we report or fix them? Terminator Genisus is one. Should be some way they are checked before being available for download.

epayson85

How long does it take to get your license? I purchased and used paypal for both this and my emby premium so the email should be the same.

radeon

How long does it take to get your license? I purchased and used paypal for both this and my emby premium so the email should be the same.

Assuming their were no payment issues (paying by echeque etc), it should be instant. Although you do have to reboot your emby server instance for the licences to take effect.:-)

Xzener

Ok, so I will ping on this issue again. This thread is scary, I hope no one decides to be an ass and upload a bunch of bogus themes with this app. Bad enough we have trailers being uploaded... Could be worse.

CAUTION!! NSFW OR KIDS

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29092-somebody-fucked-up-nsfw/#

I think the contribution network should only be allowed to a select few. Opening up the option to anyone is only asking for problems.

Edited by Xzener

radeon

Are you just trying to give people bad ideas?!?! Lol

It may need some thought but just dictating that i need to limit who uploads defeats the object doesn't it?

I agree that something needs to be done but i dont think limiting uploaders is a good idea. I was thinking more like a moderation/blacklist facility where we log uploaders and if they upload crap, we can delete their uploads and block futher uploads from that user.

• Like 1

Xzener

Not trying to give people ideas, just raising a concern. Love this plugin, just don't want to see trailers (or anything else) plaguing your efforts. I think blacklisting and blocking pesky uploaders is a good idea.

radeon

Sorry @@Xzener, I just realised i wrote something completely unintentionally in the previous post. 

I meant to say "us dictating who can and can't upload defeats the object". I don't want you to think I was saying you were dictating! Sorry if you did. 

I have been mulling over a few ideas recently around this and may look to start work on it in the new year. Just need to find some down time to do so. These trailers for themes are getting bloody old!! 

• Like 2

Xzener

I understood what you said. Glad to hear you have ideas mulling around to resolve this issue... I've always thought having a contribution network would lead to problems. Surprised it hasn't happened sooner to be honest. Keep up the great work!

Edited by Xzener

• 2 weeks later...
DigiTM

Just lately I have been uploading uncompressed original MKV bluray themes.  Want to make sure this is ok since they are about 200MB for some.  Does the server then automatically convert them to MP4?
I have been using VLC to convert them to MP4 but noticed the sound is missing, thus now just leaving them as is in the mkv container.
What other easy method do others use to convert? (preferably free)

Edited by DigiTM

buddyweiser

Just lately I have been uploading uncompressed original MKV bluray themes.  Want to make sure this is ok since they are about 200MB for some.  Does the server then automatically convert them to MP4?

I have been using VLC to convert them to MP4 but noticed the sound is missing, thus now just leaving them as is in the mkv container.

What other easy method do others use to convert? (preferably free)

Handbrake is a very easy to use and quality program. And for the average theme video it should take less than 5 minutes to encode a good quality theme video, depending on hardware.

I've got an odd problem.  At one point all of my movies are showing the "Sexy Beast" movie backdrop, new ones are showing their respected backdrops after the problem first showed, but I still have a large library of movies that are showing "Sexy Beast" instead as their backdrop.   What is the best way to fix this?

radeon

Yo, apologies @@DigiTM, I didn't get any notification through email that anyone had commented until AekaGSR just today.

The theme size cut off before they are made available immediately is 20,0mb, anything above is automatically transcoded server side but requires a manual checking of the file by me before it goes live. 

@@AekaGSR

check out this thread: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29101-movie-themes/?p=282499

Looks like their could be a problem with some of the clients/server. 

Can you comment there with details of your clients, logs etc, and hopefully the problem can be solved. 

Sure, server version  3.0.5786.0.

Client is Emby Theater, or was, i just tried to fire it up and it has "expired" it was the preview version but I've used many past builds with the same problem.  I will check the thread.

edit: ill get some logs in a moment.

Edited by AekaGSR