Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

jscoys

I would be very interested in helping. I am slowly going through and refreshing my entire library's meta data. After every 50 to 100 movies I am stopping and scanning for movie themes. I usually find 1 or 2 that I delete. Either they are completely wrong or a trailer has snuck in there.

You are doing a big job, and I did the same...

The drawback/advantage of the video/music theme plugin is the central repository, that enable all of us to have the same trusted sources. The drawback, as I said before taking Wikipedia for instance, is that when this repository is community feed, you absolutely need a system of approbation or modification from this community. If you don't do that, you'll have a little percentage of people who will do craps and don't give a damn of this system, penalizing the majority of us...

It's not only bad music/video linked to the title, I also spotted some backdrop videos with a bad ratio. I mean that not 16:9. So when you go on the detail page, you have a video playing in the background in ET, but it is displayed as a square in the middle, with big black borders all around... it's just, UGLY... Think the community as to pay attention to that. Maybe in addition to the height at 720 pixels, a ratio check could be implemented...

epayson85

OR you get a video like just found lol Matilda... a kids movie.  Let alone is the theme a trailer... its a fan made trailer that makes the movie look like a horror film.  LOL! I died laughing but it shouldn't be on there.  I am going to copy it to my trailer folder just because its hilarious.

• Like 1

jscoys

Haven't yet this one in my collection. When done, will give you my appreciation ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

epayson85

Yea I tried to find it and couldn't... The whole burrito scene through me off lol then I saw someone review the Blu-ray online and showed the burrito clip with the menu haha luckily I hadn't deleted everything yet.

• Like 1

jscoys

@@radeon : little question again ;-) what happens when I go in the plugin settings and on the download filter I "delete all" entries? Is the plugin download all movies/music backdrop again and erase local files or if it detects local files it consider it as already downloaded and doesn't download again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radeon

Hey! Sorry jscoys, been all over the UK this week on business then smashed my phone! :-( I know it's bad but i really felt like i'd lost an arm without it!!!! 

The filters are there to work in the reverse of what you have mentioned. Take for example, a theme is downloaded that you don't like, by the filter being there, it will prevent it being downloaded again. 

My plugins dont do anything to replace or modify already existing media so deleting the filter won't trigger the plugin to download and overwrite the themes. You would have to delete the theme.mp3/mp4 files in order for a redownload to happen.

Hope that makes sense? And sorry again for the delay!

Cheers! 

• Like 1

jscoys

Hey! Sorry jscoys, been all over the UK this week on business then smashed my phone! :-( I know it's bad but i really felt like i'd lost an arm without it!!!!

The filters are there to work in the reverse of what you have mentioned. Take for example, a theme is downloaded that you don't like, by the filter being there, it will prevent it being downloaded again.

My plugins dont do anything to replace or modify already existing media so deleting the filter won't trigger the plugin to download and overwrite the themes. You would have to delete the theme.mp3/mp4 files in order for a redownload to happen.

Hope that makes sense? And sorry again for the delay!

Cheers!

It's ok we all do some stuff outside Emby ;-) hope you'll find a new phone! Thx for answer. Do you have any update on the system allowing to change bakckdrops?

JDizzy

Just found the theme for James Bond Spectre is pretty much a trailer (and in Spanish)....

not that there's anything with with that but themes are much nicer with just music or sound effects... in my opinion.

Teddy
radeon ,for Maggie movie the theme is E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial .and there are other movies that do not match.

If the database is already corrected you recommend to erase all themes and then dump them again?

Edited by Teddy

epayson85

A couple things - 

1. has anyone noticed the scans are taking longer on the latest beta versions of the server?  My scans use to complete in 20 to 30 seconds if it wasn't downloading anything.  Now its taking 45 minutes.

2. We really need a way to be able to replace themes.  For example the one for top gun.  It has no audio.  I just made it myself from the blu-ray so mine has audio but its not going to upload because it already exists.  

radeon

A couple things - 

1. has anyone noticed the scans are taking longer on the latest beta versions of the server?  My scans use to complete in 20 to 30 seconds if it wasn't downloading anything.  Now its taking 45 minutes.

2. We really need a way to be able to replace themes.  For example the one for top gun.  It has no audio.  I just made it myself from the blu-ray so mine has audio but its not going to upload because it already exists.

Hey. In answer to your questions...

1. Nothing wrong with anything. If the server is under load, as in my server, it sends a request to load balance the plugin and reduce the amount of requests per hour. Each theme attempt makes a request to my server, without having the limit I'm essentially doing a ddos on my own server.

2. Already by others and being worked on. I actually released a method about 6 months back and it was live for a good few months and it wasn't even used once.

buddyweiser

1. Nothing wrong with anything. If the server is under load, as in my server, it sends a request to load balance the plugin and reduce the amount of requests per hour. Each theme attempt makes a request to my server, without having the limit I'm essentially doing a ddos on my own server.

2. Already by others and being worked on. I actually released a method about 6 months back and it was live for a good few months and it wasn't even used once.

I never knew there was a way to replace themes,  there's a few I have that are corrected that I have stored in a backup folder.

jscoys

Maybe you could explain again your method for those, like me, who didn't see what you explained 6 months ago?

radeon

Maybe you could explain again your method for those, like me, who didn't see what you explained 6 months ago?

It didn't get used so it was never updated to work with the new server side configuration when it changed so there isn't any point in explaining the full usage however it was fairly simple but effective. You could report a theme which would remove it from distro and enable you to hit the upload button and replace it with your locally stored version. 

jscoys

It didn't get used so it was never updated to work with the new server side configuration when it changed so there isn't any point in explaining the full usage however it was fairly simple but effective. You could report a theme which would remove it from distro and enable you to hit the upload button and replace it with your locally stored version. 

Ok so we would do it one by one... Maybe you could create a special topic "Themes to correct" to allow us reporting... Otherwise current post will be flooded...

epayson85

1. completely understandable

2. that sucks haha I wish I had seen it / known about it.  I need to keep an eye on this forum more.  I absolutely want to help with this.  It is by far my favorite part of emby.  Just ads an incredible dimension to your library.  Anything I can do to help / test just let me know.

epayson85

Found another one, ant-man just has a scene from the movie.  I now have the actual blu-ray menu and would love to replace it for everyone else.

jscoys

Found another one, ant-man just has a scene from the movie.  I now have the actual blu-ray menu and would love to replace it for everyone else.

@@radeon sorry to say that but it's a big big MESS today. I think it needs a little amount of people to check one by one movie and music backdrops for each movies and to make a big spring clean. There are guys who doesn't give a f*** and put "Back to the future" music backdrop for "a love bug" or "After the dark" has the music from "From dusk to till" movie...

I think this feature is really awesome for an HTPC, but when you've got some invitees at home and they see that they don't say "WOW" they just laugh and say "you're system is just a big crap". Sorry to be so negative, but it could be better. Today it's just ruining everything and deserving the big potential of Emby.

If it goes on this way, I will uninstall these plugins...

Edited by jscoys

epayson85

@@radeon sorry to say that but it's a big big MESS today. I think it needs a little amount of people to check one by one movie and music backdrops for each movies and to make a big spring clean. There are guys who doesn't give a f*** and put "Back to the future" music backdrop for "a love bug" or "After the dark" has the music from "From dusk to till" movie...

I think this feature is really awesome for an HTPC, but when you've got some invitees at home and they see that they don't say "WOW" they just laugh and say "you're system is just a big crap". Sorry to be so negative, but it could be better. Today it's just ruining everything and deserving the big potential of Emby.

I went through and manually cleaned all of mine.  It took a while and was a lot of work but it was worth it in the long run.  I could have never gotten all of these backdrops on my own so I wouldn't go so far to say I will be removing this plugin.  I would just love to help with maintaining this / going through them and finding incorrect themes / upgrading themes.

For example just found everest... no sound but correct clip.  I just fixed that and put one with sound on it.  I would love to be able to fix that for the community.  

I don't know maybe there needs to be restrictions on who can upload and they need to be from people you can trust that will only put acceptable material up.  

radeon

Looking at this from an official stand point,you have a contribution feature enabled which specifically outlines the way in which it works, which is exactly what it is doing and you're complaining about it. I understand your frustrations but It's doing exactly what it was designed to do. If I said it came with a feature to replace them then i could understand it. As previously stated, I introduced a feature to enable the reporting and live removal and it wasn't used, and by wasn't used, I mean not once, zero, never.

Saying this, I 100% completely understand your frustrations and agree with them entirely. There are several aspects which need to be taken into consideration which will make things more complicated than you may or may not have thought about. Take for example other malicious users, which i'm sad to say there have been some of, have deliberately uploaded themes that are completely unrelated at mass to just make a mess of things. I can see it now, someone will see the opportunity to delete several/all themes from the server if its not done properly, so this all needs to be considered when it all gets implemented. I have also considered a "moderator platform" which would enable key users like yourself and @@epayson85 to be the only ones who could make deletes/replace etc. Again, all things than need to be considered

I have already said that this functionality will come. I have never abandoned my plugins and tools, nor will I. There are other developers that have come along, taken peoples money, and a whole lot more of it than I do, then simply walked away leaving people with eventually completely incompatible themes/plugins and no where to look. My plugins have always been kept inline with current server requirements and will eventually adopt the features you are talking about but you have to realised that these plugins don't bring me anywhere near enough to be my 100% sole focus. I have never wanted them to be and I'm sure they never will be. I have a full time business, family and life outside of emby and unfortunately/naturally this will always take a priority over anything emby.

With all of that said, and far more of an insight than I really need to give, I will repeat again, the features are planned and will come, its just a matter of time and time is unfortunately just something I don't have a lot of at the minute. 

• Like 4

jscoys

Looking at this from an official stand point,you have a contribution feature enabled which specifically outlines the way in which it works, which is exactly what it is doing and you're complaining about it. I understand your frustrations but It's doing exactly what it was designed to do. If I said it came with a feature to replace them then i could understand it. As previously stated, I introduced a feature to enable the reporting and live removal and it wasn't used, and by wasn't used, I mean not once, zero, never.

Saying this, I 100% completely understand your frustrations and agree with them entirely. There are several aspects which need to be taken into consideration which will make things more complicated than you may or may not have thought about. Take for example other malicious users, which i'm sad to say there have been some of, have deliberately uploaded themes that are completely unrelated at mass to just make a mess of things. I can see it now, someone will see the opportunity to delete several/all themes from the server if its not done properly, so this all needs to be considered when it all gets implemented. I have also considered a "moderator platform" which would enable key users like yourself and @@epayson85 to be the only ones who could make deletes/replace etc. Again, all things than need to be considered

I have already said that this functionality will come. I have never abandoned my plugins and tools, nor will I. There are other developers that have come along, taken peoples money, and a whole lot more of it than I do, then simply walked away leaving people with eventually completely incompatible themes/plugins and no where to look. My plugins have always been kept inline with current server requirements and will eventually adopt the features you are talking about but you have to realised that these plugins don't bring me anywhere near enough to be my 100% sole focus. I have never wanted them to be and I'm sure they never will be. I have a full time business, family and life outside of emby and unfortunately/naturally this will always take a priority over anything emby.

With all of that said, and far more of an insight than I really need to give, I will repeat again, the features are planned and will come, its just a matter of time and time is unfortunately just something I don't have a lot of at the minute. 

Thx a lot. I'm frustrating you're right. Thx for your involvement. I would give a "Thumb" or "+1" to the "moderator platform". It's time to lock bad actions made by bad guys!

epayson85

so I have no idea what just happened... Before today I had only submitted 16 backdrops and now after a scan I just submitted another 13? I was actually going to report that I just added Jane got a gun, Zootopia, and Gods of Egypt today but a ton of movies got uploaded.  Most of them ones that I did add myself so I'm glad to see that, but a couple are ones I had actually received from the app.  Any idea why this would happen Radeon?

• 2 weeks later...
denisb88

I have just bought today the 4 plugins.

On 150 movies, I have only 3 mp4

All my movies are in a folder 

Nothing appends when I scan my library

Have you a tutorial for the plugin ?

Thanks