Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

radeon

Others being other users of the plugin. 

The contributors network is a feature of the plugin which enables the upload and download of themes to the central store. All you have to do is enable the feature within the plugins config and you become one of the "Others". That feels like something out of Lost. haha

Hope that helps! :-)

epayson85

radeon any idea why sometimes it doesn't download a theme for me that exists?  An example is gladiator.  It never downloaded the movie theme for me.  So this is one I went out and found myself.  Then in doing so I discovered I didn't really like my version of that movie so I found a better version and once I added it to my server... the movie theme app went and downloaded the movie theme (the same version I found btw haha)  This also troubles me because I have been finding lots of great movie themes online / ripping them straight from the blu-rays on ones I can't find but they don't upload.  For example I couldn't find themes for skyfall or spectre so I ripped them right from my blu-rays.  I have no idea if anyone else has these or not.  May you do have it and again its just not downloading for me for some reason... or even worse you don't have it and its also not uploading.  They are perfect 1080 rips of the bluray menus so I would assume they would upload if they didn't exist on your server.  

radeon

radeon any idea why sometimes it doesn't download a theme for me that exists?  An example is gladiator.  It never downloaded the movie theme for me.  So this is one I went out and found myself.  Then in doing so I discovered I didn't really like my version of that movie so I found a better version and once I added it to my server... the movie theme app went and downloaded the movie theme (the same version I found btw haha)  This also troubles me because I have been finding lots of great movie themes online / ripping them straight from the blu-rays on ones I can't find but they don't upload.  For example I couldn't find themes for skyfall or spectre so I ripped them right from my blu-rays.  I have no idea if anyone else has these or not.  May you do have it and again its just not downloading for me for some reason... or even worse you don't have it and its also not uploading.  They are perfect 1080 rips of the bluray menus so I would assume they would upload if they didn't exist on your server.  

Have you got the contribution network enabled within the plugin config? 

epayson85

I sure do. I mean.. I keep it turned off. Then randomly turn it on and tell it to go through download and upload scans. The reason being so I can keep track of what Dowloads. The first time I did a download from contributors I had like 15 movies get the movie theme for "encounters of the third kind" lol so I like to keep an eye on it.

radeon

I sure do. I mean.. I keep it turned off. Then randomly turn it on and tell it to go through download and upload scans. The reason being so I can keep track of what Dowloads. The first time I did a download from contributors I had like 15 movies get the movie theme for "encounters of the third kind" lol so I like to keep an eye on it.

You'll have to send me some full debug logs when you think its doing something wrong then. 

I know ones like Spectre and skyfall are there as I use the plugin and have them so without logs to see whats actually going on i can't really say. 

Teddy

radeon , the last Movie Theme Videos 1.1.2.0 version has the prior issue of Movie Theme Songs, it expends a lot of time to download nothing new .

radeon

it's not an issue, its just load balancing the requests. It has to check each theme and just adopts a delay if its told to by the server.

Edited by radeon

the1legend

Others being other users of the plugin. 

The contributors network is a feature of the plugin which enables the upload and download of themes to the central store. All you have to do is enable the feature within the plugins config and you become one of the "Others". That feels like something out of Lost. haha

Hope that helps! :-)

That's fine. I just thought that there might be a forum for the contributors were they express the type of things that you mentioned in your post like a trailer is not a theme and such. I have uploaded some TV themes (I have the option checked) and I wasn't sure if there was some type of rules/suggestions that should be followed.   

jscoys

@@radeon : I just put a directory into a movie folder which didn't have a video backdrop. I created manually a "backdrops" folder and put a "theme.mp4" in it. I start a library refresh and well... it works great on ET! I'm able to see backdrop playing on the movie details!

Now... I do a "Upload Local Movie Theme Videos" in "Scheduled Tasks" and when I go to "Upload filters" I can't see the title I add the backdrop for... Any idea?

radeon

@@radeon : I just put a directory into a movie folder which didn't have a video backdrop. I created manually a "backdrops" folder and put a "theme.mp4" in it. I start a library refresh and well... it works great on ET! I'm able to see backdrop playing on the movie details!

Now... I do a "Upload Local Movie Theme Videos" in "Scheduled Tasks" and when I go to "Upload filters" I can't see the title I add the backdrop for... Any idea?

Assuming it's not already on the server from someone else and you have the contribution network enabled within plugin options then it should just upload. 

enable debug logging, run the task again and chuck me a log an i'll take a look.

Cheers!

buddyweiser

Also, try to make sure the movie is tagged properly with the correct movie ID's for IMDB and/or TheMovieDB via the metadata manager on Emby Server.

• Like 1

jscoys

Ok guys here we are. You can find the log there : http://expirebox.com/download/a0fde10289d05e1cc8ed03acc91d29c8.html

It seems in the log that the list displayed is the titles present in download filter, because when I go into the plugins info, I have no title into upload filter.

To complete, my contribution is checked in settings, and the movie I wanna upload the video is karate tiger which has the proper IMDB in the nfo file.

Thanks for help, would like to contribute!

Edited by jscoys

jscoys

Coming from my nfo :

<title>Karaté Tiger</title>
<originaltitle>No Retreat, No Surrender</originaltitle>
<collectionnumber>384920</collectionnumber>
<imdbid>tt0089695</imdbid>
<tmdbid>12721</tmdbid>

epayson85

Who thought putting the end of the movie for American sniper was a good idea for a movie theme?  Literally the beginning of your video has the text that states what happens at the end...  Granted its a true story so most people would know but its a very odd thing to put as the theme of the movie...

radeon

@@radeon : have you got enough information?

That log doesnt look like a debug log to me. Also, don't strip the log, post the whole thing. Thanks

jscoys

Hi @@radeon here is my log, upload movie theme actions at the end because the last thing I've done... : http://expirebox.com/download/19b0792cbf7ef016108d453efd6831c1.html

Reading that I understand by myself what's happening, seems that to be able to upload the theme must be at a certain width. It says that my video has a too low width (480). So what is the minimum resolution to be able to upload?

jscoys

Who thought putting the end of the movie for American sniper was a good idea for a movie theme?  Literally the beginning of your video has the text that states what happens at the end...  Granted its a true story so most people would know but its a very odd thing to put as the theme of the movie...

Yeah I Found some things a little bit weird for movie AND music themes... @@radeon explained in a previous post that they are thinking about a system to update these backdrops and to be able to have a real community check (Like Wikipedia). Personaly I have some times to spend on it to arrange things and will be happy to help through this new system.

radeon

Hi @@radeon here is my log, upload movie theme actions at the end because the last thing I've done... : http://expirebox.com/download/19b0792cbf7ef016108d453efd6831c1.html

Reading that I understand by myself what's happening, seems that to be able to upload the theme must be at a certain width. It says that my video has a too low width (480). So what is the minimum resolution to be able to upload?

Its the frame hight, not width, or at least it should be. Not in a position you confirm via the code at the minute but from memory it's 720+ I think.

• Like 1

jscoys

Who thought putting the end of the movie for American sniper was a good idea for a movie theme? Literally the beginning of your video has the text that states what happens at the end... Granted its a true story so most people would know but its a very odd thing to put as the theme of the movie...

Ok I just spotted that the music backdrop for "Death becomes her" : http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0104070/ is the music theme of... Pink Panther!!!

@@radeon : it's time to do something there :-)

jscoys

Its the frame hight, not width, or at least it should be. Not in a position you confirm via the code at the minute but from memory it's 720+ I think.

yeah you're right! will try to find a beautiful theme video in 720p. thx!

jscoys

Worked perfectly! Thx a lot!

epayson85

Yeah I Found some things a little bit weird for movie AND music themes... @@radeon explained in a previous post that they are thinking about a system to update these backdrops and to be able to have a real community check (Like Wikipedia). Personaly I have some times to spend on it to arrange things and will be happy to help through this new system.

I would be very interested in helping. I am slowly going through and refreshing my entire library's meta data. After every 50 to 100 movies I am stopping and scanning for movie themes. I usually find 1 or 2 that I delete. Either they are completely wrong or a trailer has snuck in there.