Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

radeon

Noticed Robin Hood (1973) [tmdbid=11886] pulled in the wrong theme that isn't for this movie.  I have the correct bluray menu for this.  How do I fix this so everyone else can have the proper one?

Sorry mate, I have only just seen this after looking back over the thread. I had a phase where i wasnt getting notifications of new posts back in nov/dec time some im guessing it was that.

If you still have it, the best was is to submit it directly to me as I mentioned to Foghat just yesterday. Sorry again mate.

radeon

Done.  :)

Sorted! For those of you who want it, you'll need to remove the old one from your collection, run a full library scan, remove the download filter from the plugins config page in the web UI, then run the scheduled task again. :-)

Thanks @@foghat

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
DigiTM

Sorry mate, I have only just seen this after looking back over the thread. I had a phase where i wasnt getting notifications of new posts back in nov/dec time some im guessing it was that.

If you still have it, the best was is to submit it directly to me as I mentioned to Foghat just yesterday. Sorry again mate.

Sorry, I was away as well.  Just uploading now to the mediafire link you provided, that way others can have the proper one as well. :)

• 2 months later...
DSlacky

hi idk if im doing somthing wrong but i cant get the movie video plugin to download local movie trailers, and also cant get them to be displayed for tv video trailer

radeon

Hey @@DSlacky, can you post a fresh server log for me please? (Restart Emby Server, wait for it to initialise and for all initial scans to complete, then run scheduled task of the movie theme video plugin, wait to complete, then give me that)

Also, you mentioned trailers in your post, you are aware these are theme videos and not trailers right? 

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
fredg89

Is there a way to set the directly for the videos and music to be on the cache drive? Right now it appears that the files are put into the same folder as the media and I would really love for these to run off my cache drive since that is an ssd. Also, it doesn't seem that it downloads the videos and music for my movies. Is this because all of my movies are in one folder and not broken up into separate folders?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing not?

The plug-in could put them wherever it wants but the system only will find them if they are in the supported location for theme media.

So, this isn't really something under the plug-in's control.

• 3 months later...

Good evening radeon, great Theme videos plugin.

I just bought the video and movie theme is not whether the behavior is appropriate.
I have also installed Movie theme songs for some time.
When the movie theme.mp4 is played, makes two times in a row and then backdrops appear but without running Theme.mp3.

My question is whether it would be possible to execute the theme.mp4 only once and then Theme.mp3 with backdrops.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Teddy

Good evening Radeon , great Theme videos plugin.

I just bought the video and movie theme is not whether the behavior is appropriate.

When the movie theme.mp4 is played, makes two times in a row and then backdrops appear but without running Theme.mp3.

My question is whether it would be possible to execute the theme.mp4 only once and then Theme.mp3 with backdrops.

Thanks in advance

Hi, all his plugin does is provide the content, it's up to each app to decide how they want to use them.

• Like 1

radeon

Good evening Radeon , great Theme videos plugin.

Thanks in advance

@@Teddy,

Looks like Luke beat me to it. As he says, its all down to the clients as to how they utilise the themes.

Thanks to both,

then for Emby for WMC the behavior is theme.mp4 play 2 times, and then not play the Theme.mp3 file?

Yes, video backdrops take priority over audio themes but how many times they play is configurable in settings.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot ebr, I already found the settings for that.

and thanks again for explaining that the two themes not working together.

Mopar_Mudder

Just wondering how may Movie Themes people are actually getting? I have 800 moives on only about 50 have the videos. Guess if I would have known their wasn't many of the videos available I would have skipped out on buying this one.

radeon

@@Mopar_Mudder

Make sure you have the contribution network enabled under the plugins settings to make sure you're getting access to all the themes. Also the plugin load balances so some themes are not downloaded the first time the scheduled task runs to reduce the impact on the servers. Cheers.

radeon

There are over 7k of movie themes on the server so assuming you have popular movies i'd expect a whole lot more than 50. To give you an idea, in one of my collections with 1481 movies, 766 have themes. I'd say that;s pretty darn good!

How are you checking for them, i assume you realise they are in a hidden folder called backdrops and the file is also hidden and named theme.mp4? 

Can you restart the server instance,wait for it to initialise, run the scheduled task wait for it to finish then send me a copy of your log? 

Also worth sending me a copy of your config file, it can be found here: c:\Users\UN\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\plugins\configurations\MovieThemeVideos.xml

just upload them to dropbox or something then pm me the links.

Cheers, 

Edited by radeon

Mopar_Mudder

There are over 7k of movie themes on the server so assuming you have popular movies i'd expect a whole lot more than 50. To give you an idea, in one of my collections with 1481 movies, 766 have themes. I'd say that;s pretty darn good!

How are you checking for them, i assume you realise they are in a hidden folder called backdrops and the file is also hidden and named theme.mp4? 

Can you restart the server instance,wait for it to initialise, run the scheduled task wait for it to finish then send me a copy of your log? 

Also worth sending me a copy of your config file, it can be found here: c:\Users\UN\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\plugins\configurations\MovieThemeVideos.xml

just upload them to dropbox or something then pm me the links.

Cheers, 

I will get that for you this week end. I am just going off the list that is displays in the plug in download filter, I assume that is all the movies one has been found for.

I don't see any newer movies in the list at all, like from the last year. How do I know if it is seeing me as a Premium member, though it use to say up in the corner?

I will ask once again for people wanting to contribute.  Please don't add trailers to the theme network, or a certain scene from the movie.  There have been a number recently in which I have had to replace manually with the proper ones.  The issue there is it's impossible to contribute the correct one since the titles on the server lists one as being available (even though it's an incorrect one).
Replaced one manually and clicked upload but nothing happened because the system had a wrong version already.

• Like 1

Xzener

So someone has opted in to share there theme videos... Unfortunately Im seeing trailers, this is going to be VERY time consuming to fix. I think we need to come up with a way to avoid this... Whether it be to disable the share feature, only adding members who are adding true themes and not trailers. If I find there are many trailers, I may have to delete all and uninstall this plugin. Which I really DONT want to do, I love theme videos.

mentasm

Hi,

I've had this plugin installed for ages and recently noticed that I wasn't seeing many theme videos.  So I ran the scheduled task and when I look at the logs I seem to be seeing lots of errors similar to the following:

2015-12-06 13:15:12.9399 Info - App: Movie Theme Videos - Found movie theme video http://www.mediafire.com/download/83vnyexceh2nuzh for Avengers: Age of Ultron
2015-12-06 13:15:12.9399 Error - App: Movie Theme Videos - Error downloading file from host
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5781.4
    Command line: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: False
    Program data path: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    The operation was canceled.
    System.OperationCanceledException
     at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowOperationCanceledException()
     at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<GetTempFileResponse>d__32.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Plugins.MovieThemeVideos.Search.LocalMovieThemeVideoDownloader.<DownloadMovieThemeVideoForItem>d__1.MoveNext()

Any ideas what might be happening?  If I grab the mediafire link and paste it into a browser window the theme video seems to download fine.

Edit: I believe that error was actualy from me cancelling a scheduled task.  What I am actually seeing is this:

2015-12-06 13:42:06.0202 Info - App: Movie Theme Videos - Found movie theme video http://www.mediafire.com/download/278odau0mpo2raf for The Firm
2015-12-06 13:42:06.0202 Info - App: HttpClientManager.GetTempFileResponse url: http://www.mediafire.com/download/278odau0mpo2raf
2015-12-06 13:42:39.0200 Warn - App: Movie Theme Videos - Unrecognized video extension D:\Movies\The Firm (1993)\backdrops\theme.x-matroska

The folder D:\Movies\The Firm (1993)\ does not have a backdrops folder and noting seems to have been downloaded to there.  Manually downloading it does give me a 37233.mkv file.  The mkv plays OK on my system.

This lead me to check my existing themes and all of them except for one are theme.mp4 files.  Is the plugin unable to handle mkv files?  Can anything be done to fix that?  Is it due to the audio normalization that is done?

Pretty sure now that this plug has been downloading a bunch of theme video files everytime the schedule runs and then discarding them.  Im guessing that would add up to a few Gb of wasted download over the period I've been running this plugin.  

If mkvs aren't supported can they be removed from the library or a check done on the downloads before they begin to prevent useless files being downloaded?

same issue seems to be occuring with tv theme videos

Edited by mentasm

radeon

Hi,

I've had this plugin installed for ages and recently noticed that I wasn't seeing many theme videos.  So I ran the scheduled task and when I look at the logs I seem to be seeing lots of errors similar to the following:

2015-12-06 13:15:12.9399 Info - App: Movie Theme Videos - Found movie theme video http://www.mediafire.com/download/83vnyexceh2nuzh for Avengers: Age of Ultron
2015-12-06 13:15:12.9399 Error - App: Movie Theme Videos - Error downloading file from host
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5781.4
    Command line: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: False
    Program data path: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    The operation was canceled.
    System.OperationCanceledException
     at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowOperationCanceledException()
     at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<GetTempFileResponse>d__32.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Plugins.MovieThemeVideos.Search.LocalMovieThemeVideoDownloader.<DownloadMovieThemeVideoForItem>d__1.MoveNext()

Any ideas what might be happening?  If I grab the mediafire link and paste it into a browser window the theme video seems to download fine.

Edit: I believe that error was actualy from me cancelling a scheduled task.  What I am actually seeing is this:

2015-12-06 13:42:06.0202 Info - App: Movie Theme Videos - Found movie theme video http://www.mediafire.com/download/278odau0mpo2raf for The Firm
2015-12-06 13:42:06.0202 Info - App: HttpClientManager.GetTempFileResponse url: http://www.mediafire.com/download/278odau0mpo2raf
2015-12-06 13:42:39.0200 Warn - App: Movie Theme Videos - Unrecognized video extension D:\Movies\The Firm (1993)\backdrops\theme.x-matroska

The folder D:\Movies\The Firm (1993)\ does not have a backdrops folder and noting seems to have been downloaded to there.  Manually downloading it does give me a 37233.mkv file.  The mkv plays OK on my system.

This lead me to check my existing themes and all of them except for one are theme.mp4 files.  Is the plugin unable to handle mkv files?  Can anything be done to fix that?  Is it due to the audio normalization that is done?

Pretty sure now that this plug has been downloading a bunch of theme video files everytime the schedule runs and then discarding them.  Im guessing that would add up to a few Gb of wasted download over the period I've been running this plugin.  

If mkvs aren't supported can they be removed from the library or a check done on the downloads before they begin to prevent useless files being downloaded?

same issue seems to be occuring with tv theme videos

Hmm, strange, MKV's are definitely supported. 

I'm away at the minute so unable to look but it'll be a simple fix. Just hang fire and I'll get an update out over the next week.

Cheers, 

radeon

I've just logged into home remotely and im pretty sure the issue is fixed.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on! Cheers, 

• Like 1