Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

radeon

Gonna paypal it right now. I guess it just goes live afterwards?

Give your emby server a restart so the licence definitely takes. Any licence problems, drop me a pm or reply to my email and I'll sort you out. :-)

Sammy

Seems we posted over each other. I guess it takes a bit to load the data into my server?

Sammy

So where is all this data placed and how do I add my own music and videos to it. I was just checking it out and got nothing for Game of Thrones..

radeon

So where is all this data placed and how do I add my own music and videos to it. I was just checking it out and got nothing for Game of Thrones..

in a hidden backdrops folder in the root of each movie or series for tv. There's definitely one for GOT.

• Like 1

Sammy

So I'm late to the party but where to find good video backdrops? I have share back enabled so I can fill a few holes I think.

jachin99

I have this working on everything except Emby for WMC.  Does anyone else out there have any problems with getting these to play in Emby for WMC on the choocolate theme?  Radeon, do you have the ability to test it on emby for WMC?  is there a log file I can send you or any other way I can help troubleshoot my problem? 

GhostRider

They'll just be the wrong backdrops uploaded by a contributor. I can delete them server side. Naturally that won't give a replacement unless someone has one to replace them with. 

Hi radeon,

I have a few unique backdrops, they are in MKV format. What format do you need for the backdrop upload feature to work? I tried converting them using Handbrake but I only seem to be able to create M4V files. not MP4 files.

Happy to convert and run the upload task, any advice on how to convert the MKV or M4V files to MP4?

radeon

Hi radeon,

I have a few unique backdrops, they are in MKV format. What format do you need for the backdrop upload feature to work? I tried converting them using Handbrake but I only seem to be able to create M4V files. not MP4 files.

Happy to convert and run the upload task, any advice on how to convert the MKV or M4V files to MP4?

Hey,

MKV is fine to upload. :-) 

You'll need to place the files first, then delete your download filters for those films. 

• Like 1

radeon

I have this working on everything except Emby for WMC.  Does anyone else out there have any problems with getting these to play in Emby for WMC on the choocolate theme?  Radeon, do you have the ability to test it on emby for WMC?  is there a log file I can send you or any other way I can help troubleshoot my problem? 

It'd really be ebr who would need to see logs, as the plugin is doing everything it's meant to do, just the client which is failing. You can upload the logs here and I can take a look tho. Will be for emby for WMC that you need to get. I can't honestly remember where they are stored as my days of using wmc are long gone.

radeon

So I'm late to the party but where to find good video backdrops? I have share back enabled so I can fill a few holes I think.

That would be great! Blu rays are always a good source, other have created custom ones, some have been sourced from youtube too. 

GhostRider

Hey,

You'll need to place the files first, then delete your download filters for those films. 

Done, uploaded several backdrops.

• Like 1

Sammy

@@Luke

@@ebr

@@radeon

This is a fine Plugin. I didn't use it earlier because I was having issues with it bogging down ET (And this was probably the legacy ET too). It works fine now in ET and Emby Android on my Galaxy Tab 8.4 but not on my Galaxy S7 nor my Roku 2 (4210). I know it is possible because the reason I decided to install this is because there's video backdrops on Netflix because after using these "new" Rokus since dumping the Gen 2's I noticed the upgraded Netflix Channel was doing it so I recalled it was available in Emby too.

Is it possible to get this working on the Roku Channel? It would seem that the Netflix Roku Channel checks the hardware on the Roku and then chooses the correct Channel to install (there's more than one) but could the Emby Channel check this too and then change the setting to allow or disallow video backdrops? I know this setting isn't even there right now, or at least I couldn't find it, so it needs to be revealed in the Emby Channel on Roku.

TIA

Edited by Sammy

Sammy

Hey,

Where is this done? In the settings for the plugin, I would presume?

That would be great! Blu rays are always a good source, other have created custom ones, some have been sourced from youtube too. 

Okay so it is about grabbing the intro playlist from the Blu-ray or finding them elsewhere like Youtube.. How to download the Youtube video(s) in the first place so it(they) can be placed into the hidden backdrop folder(s)? Savetube? Other?

GhostRider

Where is this done? In the settings for the plugin, I would presume?

Uploads are under the Scheduled Tasks Section, Look for the Radeon's Tools section and then I manually run "Upload Local Movie Theme Videos". You always set this as a scheduled job rather run it manually.

Edited by GhostRider
  • Like 2

Hi.  This isn't the plug-ins issue.  Please open a new thread in the EMC forum with the specifics of your problem.  Thanks.

Sammy

@@Luke

@@ebr

@@radeon

This is a fine Plugin. I didn't use it earlier because I was having issues with it bogging down ET (And this was probably the legacy ET too). It works fine now in ET and Emby Android on my Galaxy Tab 8.4 but not on my Galaxy S7 nor my Roku 2 (4210). I know it is possible because the reason I decided to install this is because there's video backdrops on Netflix because after using these "new" Rokus since dumping the Gen 2's I noticed the upgraded Netflix Channel was doing so it I recalled it was available in Emby too.

Is it possible to get this working on the Roku Channel? It would seem that the Netflix Roku Channel checks the hardware on the Roku and then chooses the correct Channel to install (there's more than one) but could the Emby Channel check this too and then change the setting to allow or disallow video backdrops? I know this setting isn't even there right now, or at least I couldn't find it, so it needs to be revealed in the Emby Channel on Roku.

TIA

Hi.  This isn't the plug-ins issue.  Please open a new thread in the EMC forum with the specifics of your problem.  Thanks.

So should I open a thread in the Emby forum to ask this similar question?

TIA

Edited by Sammy

So should I open a thread in the Emby forum to ask this similar question?

TIA

Background themes have not been implemented in the Roku app yet.  They will be in a future release.

• Like 1

Sammy

Background themes have not been implemented in the Roku app yet.  They will be in a future release.

Nice to hear! I do think you need some sort of check for the hardware as some Rokus are not capable of it or at least this isn't enabled in the Netflix app on older Rokus so I think they maybe ran into some issues with it or they would have included it. Just something to be looking out for.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Sammy

Nice to hear! I do think you need some sort of check for the hardware as some Rokus are not capable of it or at least this isn't enabled in the Netflix app on older Rokus so I think they maybe ran into some issues with it or they would have included it. Just something to be looking out for.

Thanks again!

Just wondering if maybe there's a beta with this to test out.

Thanks.

Best thing to do is ask questions pertaining to the Roku app in the Roku app section. That will ensure it is seen by the right people and doesn't get accidentally forgotten. Thanks !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
monkeyslapper

It's 2017 now I can't seem current info on how to properly implement the video back drops on kodi. I have read on tvtunes but finding it's not been touch a while. And I have try running emby sync. Both direct and stream with no go. So I am wondering if there a current step by step direction on getting it to work on kodi 16 and 17?