Movie Theme Videos Plugin Questions and Support Thread

radeon

radeon

This is the risk of an unmoderated contributors network.  I can't remember, but is 'contribute' the default setting?  If so it is entirely possible (and valid) that this person wants the trailer as his theme and doesn't even realize it is being uploaded for use by everyone.

Sorry for the delay guys, away on a business trip at the minute

Whilst its valid, its crap, the theme backdrop plugin supports trailers for backdrops in mbc if they configured it. the backdrops folder needs to be used for nothing other than backdrops. If you're out there and reading this, STOP IT! Please :-D

I'm away on business for the a couple of weeks at least but im planning to make some time soon for some changes around the contributors network to moderate it somehow, not decided on how yet but it will be happening. Probably a signup process where i know the people involved will be submitting quality stuff.

FYI transformers has been replaced and can be downloaded now. :-)

• Like 1

foghat

Sorry for the delay guys, away on a business trip at the minute

Whilst its valid, its crap, the theme backdrop plugin supports trailers for backdrops in mbc if they configured it. the backdrops folder needs to be used for nothing other than backdrops. If you're out there and reading this, STOP IT! Please :-D

I'm away on business for the a couple of weeks at least but im planning to make some time soon for some changes around the contributors network to moderate it somehow, not decided on how yet but it will be happening. Probably a signup process where i know the people involved will be submitting quality stuff.

FYI transformers has been replaced and can be downloaded now. :-)

All I'm saying is that a person should be able to put whatever they want in their backdrop folder - they are doing it for their own personal system, or so they may think....  If one is a contributor by default (I can't remember if this is the case) after installing the plugin, then it is entirely possible this person doesn't realize they are affecting others. 

If being a 'contributor' is not the default, then yes, this person needs to stop using trailers or stop being a contributor.

• Like 1

DigiTM

I noticed the top gun backdrop does not have sound? Didnt the previous one awhile back have sound?

Just checked and your totally right.  I only have the 3D Bluray but just checked and the menu is identical.  I have just ripped the menu with sound and currently uploading to Radeon to replace the no sound version with sound version.

Ghostm

This is the risk of an unmoderated contributors network.  I can't remember, but is 'contribute' the default setting?  If so it is entirely possible (and valid) that this person wants the trailer as his theme and doesn't even realize it is being uploaded for use by everyone.

Its probably what is happening, or he knows but wants to do it anyway, I think its one person mainly putting trailers in his movies, I figure if we could block him from uploading or asking him to disable contributors network, it would prevent the issue from effecting the rest of us. He may know and want to use contributors network to get other backdrops, but may also want all his movies to have something and thus is adding his own in the form of trailers to ones that dont have any.  Thats my personal guess anyway. 

If its more then one person it maybe a bigger problem. 

Edited by Ghostm

Ghostm

Just checked and your totally right.  I only have the 3D Bluray but just checked and the menu is identical.  I have just ripped the menu with sound and currently uploading to Radeon to replace the no sound version with sound version.

Thanks again digi, once again your contributions to this have been invaluable. 

crashkelly

Hi and thanks for this awesome plug-in. :)

I do have a suggestion\feature request. Would it be possible to include an option to exclude library folders from what the plug-in analyzes for theme downloads?

Reason behind this is that I have libraries setup for use on devices that will "never" utilize the theme videos, phones, tablets, Samsung TV's, ........

Granted I have no idea how the plug-in works, but in my case most of the directories setup just contain secondary copies of the movies that I will never watch through MBT.

To me, obviously depending on how many users have similar setups, this will lighten the load for downloads.

Again, just and idea.

Thanks again

CrashKelly

• 1 month later...
shaefurr

Just noticed you can have theme videos for boxsets, They look awesome in MBT when browsing boxsets. There's some epic saga trailers for LOTR, star wars and lots of others, guess I got some downloading to do!

• Like 1

shaefurr

@@shaefurr you can also set theme music and videos for games as well, I've started getting theme songs from YouTube :)

Sent using my G3

Thats awesome, didn't think to try games. Guess I have more stuff to get now lol

radeon

Sorry all, I've been away for the last week or so and just got back today. The plugins are all fixed and released. 1.1.1.1 is the version you need for the latest mbs release.

Edited by radeon

Noticed Robin Hood (1973) [tmdbid=11886] pulled in the wrong theme that isn't for this movie.  I have the correct bluray menu for this.  How do I fix this so everyone else can have the proper one?

• 1 month later...
kandiman

Hey all, become a lifetime supporter to use this plugin so far it's awesome.

I have a problem on my server I currently have HD Movies folder and SD Movies folder.

I have some movie duplicates between the 2 folders and noticed that the video theme (Avatar) was downloaded in the HD Movies and the duplicate movie (Avatar)in the SD Movies folder is missed.

Any suggestions on how I should do the scans so nothing gets missed between the 2 folders?

Hope this makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...
radeon

Hey all, become a lifetime supporter to use this plugin so far it's awesome.

I have a problem on my server I currently have HD Movies folder and SD Movies folder.

I have some movie duplicates between the 2 folders and noticed that the video theme (Avatar) was downloaded in the HD Movies and the duplicate movie (Avatar)in the SD Movies folder is missed.

Any suggestions on how I should do the scans so nothing gets missed between the 2 folders?

Hope this makes sense.

Sorry for the crap response time, I've been really busy with my day job and its really been taking up all of my time.

To explain what goes on, when a movie theme is downloaded, a filter is added to stop it being downloaded again if a person doesnt like the theme and deletes it from their collection.

These filters can be manually removed from the plugins configuration screen. So, if you just go in and delete all of the filters, you will get the plugin downloading the same theme for the other films. :-)

First, apologies to ebr for posting here. I already had another thread open about this, and while he's been very helpful, I still don't have a solution to this very strange problem. Happy to close that thread and move it here if it helps.

I bought the whole 'theme' set, and have two Win7 PC's connected to the same MB Server. One of the PC's plays the theme videos for TV and movies ok (and also plays the theme songs). No problem whatsoever. The other PC just will not, whatever I try, play theme videos. Theme songs play fine though. I've checked the settings between the two many times, and they're identical. No communication problems to the server from the problem PC. No firewall issues. I can play the theme.mp4 file fine manually on both PC's (opens in Media Player, and plays perfectly).

I've dug deep on this, and done various analysis which ebr has helped on, but can you think of any reason why theme videos wouldn't play? I can even confirm that I can see wmplayer start as a sub-process of ehexthost.exe when I go into details view of a movie with a theme background, and I can see the file being opened ok (sysinternals procmon confirms this), it just doesn't play in the background - I just see the standard rotating static background images.

Can you actually play the movie via MBT from the problem computer? If not, it likely does not have access to the movie files and you might need to look at setting up Path Substitution on the server.

kandiman

Thanks for the reply radeon i know your a busy man.

Worked like a charm, deleted all the filters and ran the plugin again.

Thanks for the awesome plugin.

• 1 month later...
Smaky

How can I add an own created theme to my library?

I have created one 1080p MP4 video for a movie and created a backdrops folder at the movie's folder then copied the theme.mp4 file to it. However, when I navigate to the movie in Emby (web client or any other supporting video themes) it is not played or shown (in web client). Is there something else I should do?

radeon

How can I add an own created theme to my library?

I have created one 1080p MP4 video for a movie and created a backdrops folder at the movie's folder then copied the theme.mp4 file to it. However, when I navigate to the movie in Emby (web client or any other supporting video themes) it is not played or shown (in web client). Is there something else I should do?

Just make sure the folder and the file are marked as hidden and run the mbs library scan and it should appear. That's all in the core of MBS :-)

Smaky

Just make sure the folder and the file are marked as hidden and run the mbs library scan and it should appear. That's all in the core of MBS :-)

I was missing the library scan. Thanks.

Will this video theme be uploaded if I activated the contributor network?

radeon

I was missing the library scan. Thanks.

Will this video theme be uploaded if I activated the contributor network?

Yes, assuming there isn't already one uploaded via the contributor network.

Cheesegeezer

Yes, assuming there isn't already one uploaded via the contributor network.

oooooooo your signature is sooo sexy :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
foghat

Just noticed the Wild (2014) theme is the movie trailer.  I have ripped the proper one, but not sure if there is a way yet to have upload and overide the trailer.

radeon

Just noticed the Wild (2014) theme is the movie trailer.  I have ripped the proper one, but not sure if there is a way yet to have upload and overide the trailer.

I need to find some time to add a "moderator" feature so people like you can override the uploaded theme and submit better ones. It just needs a lot of though and an almost sync feature so all those who downloaded the previous naff one update and get the new one.

in the meantime, upload here (Naming it "M - {tmdbid} - {moviename}.ext" e.g. "M - 61791 - Rise of the Planet of the Apes.mp4") and I'll make sure it gets replaced. :-D

Edited by radeon

foghat

I need to find some time to add a "moderator" feature so people like you can override the uploaded theme and submit better ones. It just needs a lot of though and an almost sync feature so all those who downloaded the previous naff one update and get the new one.

in the meantime, upload here (Naming it "M - {tmdbid} - {moviename}.ext" e.g. "M - 61791 - Rise of the Planet of the Apes.mp4") and I'll make sure it gets replaced. :-D

Done.  :)

• Like 1