Movie Themes

Scott310

Scott310

Hi there,

I'm not sure if it is the movie theme videos plugin or the movie theme songs plugin that is having an issue but I have to think that it might be the movie theme songs plugin.  This is actually a tad bit funny but a little annoying.  For some reason now the server thinks that the backdrop to every movie is "The Revenge Of The Nerds".  It displays the backdrop the the nerds movie and theme song.  Mind you this isn't even a movie that I have in my collection LOL.  Is there a quick fix for this?

Thanks!

Scott

radeon

Hey @@Scott310, sorry, only just seen this, the plugin uses themoviedb.org to lookup and download theme videos so first thing to do would be to check what id's you have set for your movies.

Second would be to check if there is a hidden backdrops folder within each of your movie folders on disk, within that, there will be a theme.{ext} in there, try playing it and see if you get the same revenge of the nerds theme. 

If there isn't a theme.mp4 file or it isnt the revenge of the nerds then its a problem with the client.

With that said, which client are you using? 

Cheers! 

Scott310

It seems to be doing it as a default to any movie that doesn't have a theme already.  If there is a video theme the correct one plays if their isn't one, I get the revenge of the nerds backdrop with theme music.  It is happening on both Emby theater and the Windows 10 app.

Thanks for your reply!

Scott

radeon

That sounds to me like fault with the client/server then. I'd suggest contacting the client app devs and getting them to view this thread. @@Luke @@ebr, who would be best for @@Scott310 to get in touch with?

Cheers, 

Scott310

Also since I have your attention @@radeon , If I was considering making the switch to Kodi, what skin or settings will give me a similar experience to Emby theater?  What I mean is I like selecting a movie from the poster wall to have it take me to a movie detail page with a theme video.  Some of the kodi skins I've noticed just play the movie direct from the list view...  Is there something to change in the skin setting or do only some skins offer the movie detail page?

Thanks again,

radeon

@@Scott310, Slightly off topic! haha I use Titan on my Nvidia with Emby. Stick with the stable release builds whatever you do! The early releases have a habit of killing my setup all together. That said, I'm fairly new to Kodi but generally overall, with the nice iptv streams and emby all integrated into one, it doesnt get much better.

In answer to your question, there is a global option in kodi settings under Settings > Video > File Lists > Default select action which you can just set to show information and it gives you a movie details type screen with the synopsis and theme vids etc. Hope that helps!

It seems to be doing it as a default to any movie that doesn't have a theme already.  If there is a video theme the correct one plays if their isn't one, I get the revenge of the nerds backdrop with theme music.  It is happening on both Emby theater and the Windows 10 app.

Thanks for your reply!

Scott

Sounds like maybe a parent folder of your movies has that theme defined...

Scott310

Thanks ebr,

I wish it were that simple but it doesn't seem to be the case.  I checked for hidden folders in the parent directory and found nothing...

thanks for your help...