The Goonies (1985) - 9340

Resident Evil - Retribution (2012) - 71679

Despicable Me 2 (2013) 93456 

Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991) - 280

incorrect theme

Safe (2012) - 72387 - playing the correct theme for Safe House (2012) 59961

Ride Along (2014) 168530 - random clip from the movie

Sherlock Holmes (2009) 10528 - playing the credits

Strange I remember doing the proper Bluray Menu for Despicable Me 2 and adding it through the Contributors Network.  Just checked uploaded theme filters in the plugin and it did upload that one.  I remember it because it's hilarious.

Edited by DigiTM
  • Like 1

radeon

found some trailer themes -

The Goonies (1985) - 9340

Resident Evil - Retribution (2012) - 71679

Despicable Me 2 (2013) 93456 

Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991) - 280

incorrect theme

Safe (2012) - 72387 - playing the correct theme for Safe House (2012) 59961

Ride Along (2014) 168530 - random clip from the movie

Sherlock Holmes (2009) 10528 - playing the credits

Despicable me 2 is fine here. I was just sat laughing out it myself.  The Minion Movie Auditions, right @@DigiTM?

Edited by radeon

One interesting thing I noticed was that if 2 themes were in the same folder (in my case with 2 different file types) it will take turns playing them. 

Also Despicable Me 2 is fine here as well, I just checked.  Date says March 29th.

Edited by shepP

DigiTM

Despicable me 2 is fine here. I was just sat laughing out it myself.  The Minion Movie Auditions, right @@DigiTM?

Yep that's the one. lol.  Wish more bluray movies had that kind of menu.

Edited by DigiTM

geno27

Yep that's the one. lol.  Wish more bluray movies had that kind of menu.

Yep just checked and you guys are right. Sorry about that. Despicable Me 2 is correct.

• Like 1

radeon

Gotcha.

Can you please comment on post #269

Thx.

Yo, sorry, missed that in all of the madness! Erm, yeah, chuck it over privately and ill get it replaced. :-D

foghat

Yo, sorry, missed that in all of the madness! Erm, yeah, chuck it over privately and ill get it replaced. :-D

On its way.  And finally getting the full 5Mps up.  :)

• Like 1

Starkadius

Reporting some backdrops with issues.

From Up on Poppy Hill (2011): Distorted sound (attempted to redownload but still is still distorted)

Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983): No sound (fixed after being redownloaded)

TRON (1982): Downloaded TRON Legacy (2010) backdrop (fixed with instructions from @@shepP)

Edited by Starkadius
  • Like 1

Reporting some backdrops with issues.

From Up on Poppy Hill (2011): Distorted sound

Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983): No sound

TRON (1982): Downloaded TRON Legacy (2010) backdrop

Delete the Tron, remove the download filter and it should grab the new one.  It probably downloaded the wrong while awhile ago. I know because I already brought that one up and Radeon fixed it.

• Like 2

Starkadius

Sound works fine on my ROTJ backdrop

Okay so I deleted the ROTJ backdrop I had and allowed the plugin to download it again, sound works. Compared the original which was downloaded Nov 2013. I guess somewhere along the way a new one was uploaded.

Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (no sound)

1676 Kbps Video

1280x720

3 kbps Audio

Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (sound working)

4045 Kbps Video

1920x1080

128 Kbps Audio

Attempted to delete and redownload the From Up on Poppy Hill (2011) backdrop but it still has distorted sound so I think that one needs to be redone.

• Like 1

Ghostm

A "sync" feature to clean up the wrong themes would be perfect.  Looking forward to that!

Agreed then it would make the plugin perfect for picky people like me and i wont have another request :)

Not sure whats been reported. I am in a bit of a hurry scanner darkly i believe is a trailer. Shawshank redemption as of a few weeks ago was italian as was the last emperor (although it is a nice blu ray backdrop, not sure what you want to do with it).

The shining looked like a movie ad, seems that was reported though.

I think thats all I came across. 

Edited by Ghostm
  • Like 1

Gronnie

Yes, I would love a sync feature. I couldn't keep up with all the reports of wrong themes, so I just deleted and redownloaded everything. I don't want to have to spend the time doing that, nor do I want to use your bandwidth to do so.

• Like 1

Ghostm

Yes, I would love a sync feature. I couldn't keep up with all the reports of wrong themes, so I just deleted and redownloaded everything. I don't want to have to spend the time doing that, nor do I want to use your bandwidth to do so.

Ya i dont want to use radeons bandwidth either, hes went above and beyond hosting all these files which by the way is extremely appreciated! 

To bad we cant punish those bad uploaders :)

This is by far my favorite addon, when i went to mkv rips i honestly missed the blu ray backdrops from retail discs, and now i have most back, the only downfall is getting the bad ones.

• Like 1

radeon

Hey All,

Sorry for the slow releases of recent. I'm just in the middle of a new business startup and have my wife is due our first baby any day now, so unfortunately MB3 has taken a little bit of a back seat.

Things will be coming in the future, I promise, as for how soon, I cant be too sure at the minute, but it will arrive! Pleas bear with me! :-D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
JDizzy

In the meantime....

Where can one put theme 'replacements' for Captain Phillips and American Hustle so that others can get them?

The ones that I had were only a picture and music.

They both now have video.

Edited by JDizzy

DigiTM

In the meantime....

Where can one put theme 'replacements' for Captain Phillips and American Hustle so that others can get them?

The ones that I had were only a picture and music.

They both now have video.

Sorry about that.  You must have the retail Bluray, unfortunately a lot of the Bluray movies I get are from my sis whom works for a distributor, thus I get early releases which sometimes are not final retail.  I can avoid uploading any new releases that have this format for the future.

JDizzy

Sorry about that.  You must have the retail Bluray, unfortunately a lot of the Bluray movies I get are from my sis whom works for a distributor, thus I get early releases which sometimes are not final retail.  I can avoid uploading any new releases that have this format for the future.

Nothing to be sorry about... I would rather have music and a picture rather than nothing!

In my opinion some discs do not have good menu background video that works well with the themes.

These were made from various trailers but work quite well.

Edited by JDizzy

Ghostm

Nothing to be sorry about... I would rather have music and a picture rather than nothing!

In my opinion some discs do not have good menu background video that works well with the themes.

These were made from various trailers but work quite well.

Are these fan made out of trailers? I personally prefer only official blu ray themes, I believe the offical blu ray only had what digi uploaded. I am only one person though maybe you guys dont mind fan made stuff, in which case i can sort mine out. This is where the sync stuff might get tricky though since we all have different tastes although i wont let my tastes get in the way or complain about any decisions, i am just pleased with the hardwork radeon and my fellow uploaders put in. I would be in favor of only blu ray backdrop uploads but again im picky :) The fan made backdrops i usually find a bit tacky , i prefer whatever is present on retail blu ray, but again just one persons opinion. Even if the blu ray is one that has just a static picture and  music.

I guess if the fan made themes are nice quality and well done it wouldnt bother me much either.... 

Admittedly if its not an official blu ray backdrop i dont really mind have nothing since mb3 also scrapes beautiful artwork. 

I want to report a new 300 backdrop i noticed though, looks like a very short low quality backdrop from a dvd menu or something with play,scene selection, special features, ect... does not look very good imo.

Edited by Ghostm

Ghostm

Also one other thing I was going to ask users here about is universal blu ray backdrops. I probably drove radeon nuts with this, i sent quite a few over that dont have that blu ray spinning disc intro but noticed they are still being downloaded, i still have them saved for me so i could send them again. But if nobody minds them i wont bother. Most universal blurays come with 2 back drops. One with the spinning disc intro when you first put the disc into the machine, and a 2nd video file (mt2s file) without the spinning disc universal blu ray logo for when you bring up the menu during playback. Psycho for instance i notice is still downloading the version with the universal logo intro before it, and their is a 2nd video on the disc without the logo intro i had sent awhile back that did not get added. I just find the signature universal logo and intro kind of ruins the themes for movies.

If these dont bother anyone i wont bother trying to replace them and will just leave it alone, but if it bothers others i can ask radeon about sending along the themes without the universal bluray logo intro again. Or if nobody responds i will get the hint as well :)

Edited by Ghostm

njoak

My vote clearly goes to avoid universal blu ray logos and similar stuff that is not part of the actual theme or relevant for the movie/show in question. 

I have to agree on your quality standpoint as well. If a theme is blurry, tacky or otherwise of low quality I'd prefer to somehow disable it and fall back on the static artwork. The point for me is to add to the experience, not add because it is possible.

Edited by njoak
  • Like 1

Starkadius

Also one other thing I was going to ask users here about is universal blu ray backdrops.

Ah yes I noticed the bluray disc intro on some of the movies. I can't speak for anybody else but I personally would prefer it without because some movies may be DVD rips or in the future it could be a "Archival Disc" rip (getting ahead of myself but thinking longterm). Basically a theme without the bluray intro would make it universal no matter what source was used to rip the title.

Edited by Starkadius

JDizzy

Are these fan made out of trailers? I personally prefer only official blu ray themes,

Yes.

I noticed that on some disks that there is nothing that I could find with theme potential.

I wish there were bluray themes for everything but since there isn't, I just get out the editor, slice and dice, add some audio and there we have it.

Check out American Hustle or Captain Phillips for an example.

I guess, if I put these in my backdrop folders, the plugin downloads and send them out... correct?

With regards to having BD logo, etc. I would leave those out of themes. You could always use the MB Intro plugin to run that prior to the actual movie. At least people could choose to use or not use them.

Edited by JDizzy

Ghostm

Yes.

I noticed that on some disks that there is nothing that I could find with theme potential.

I wish there were bluray themes for everything but since there isn't, I just get out the editor, slice and dice, add some audio and there we have it.

Check out American Hustle or Captain Phillips for an example.

I guess, if I put these in my backdrop folders, the plugin downloads and send them out... correct?

I think were getting into a bit different tastes though, i definitely understand your point that you dont like the blu ray themes with just picture and music and its a fair point. I personally dont mind them simply because that is what you get on blu ray retail discs that are professionally authored by the studio. I would have to see yours but i had no issue with american hustle because i know  thats what the retail disc comes with and many of my retail blu ray discs (warner bros is a culprit for it) simply use a static image and music. For me the plugin is not so much about themes and getting theme videos, but more so getting retail bluray backdrops back into the world of ripped media (since remuxing discs removes that for me).  Its a small thing i missed when i switched to ripped media was bluray menu themes. With that said the one time i do not find retail blu ray backdrops acceptable is when blu ray menu navigation is burnt into the backdrop (words such as play movie, scene selection, ect..., i will not defend those retail blu ray backdrops).

Just my opinion i would have to look at yours but i tend to favor any official blu ray backdrops over fan made themes even if it is just a static image and music, but i maybe in the minority here, i just tend to favor it because i know thats what an official retail disc comes with.  Monuments men for instance I just added and (thanks to whoever uploaded it) came with just a static image and music and I dont mind it because its what the official disc comes with and its professionally done. 

And yours might be great  :) Im just very hesitant when it comes to fan made stuff vs retail. Of course yours might be so nice they may change my mind completely  :) I just have not seen many nice fan made videos. 

On the second note i will have to talk to radeon about getting those replaced again and sending them to him again. And just a heads up for people who come across those universal discs their is usually a second mt2s file without that intro. The odd one i couldnt find but 90% of them do. 

Edited by Ghostm
  • Like 2