DVBLink-TVMosaic Live TV Plugin

t.andre

Cool - looking on the move to Win 10 as no longer any extenders in use.  I am configuring NextPVR and DVBLogic on my NAS to put them head to head, with Emby as the front end.

Spaceboy

hi, sorry but this is still playing the audio described track as i posted earlier. i guess you don't have this "benefit" in Switzerland? let me know what info i can provide. the user has english specified as its preferred audio language and the correct track is labelled as english within the stream but i do not have "play default audio regardless of language ticked because not all files i have have english as the default. to me it seems that the plugin is not respecting the users defaults. ta

hi @t.andre is there any possibility you could take a look at this please? it seems to be similar to this http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26663-using-nar-narrated-audio-stream-instead-of-english/&do=findComment&comment=261687

thanks

Edited by Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Is LiveTV still transcoded (always) by Emby or can you get a direct stream to the client?

You can get a direct stream if your plugin supports it, I'm not sure if dvblink does yet, just having the very same convo on an android to thread. Hoping that @t.andre might be able to look at that soon too!

t.andre

You can get a direct stream if your plugin supports it, I'm not sure if dvblink does yet, just having the very same convo on an android to thread. Hoping that @t.andre might be able to look at that soon too!

It depends on the client. for exemple if you use Chrome and you have hd channels the stream is direct. but not with Internet explorer.

Spaceboy

What about applications;

Emby Windows app, Emby theater, Kodi? Will those support direct stream?

kodi, only kodi. which is very sad

Sorry if this has already been asked, I've had a search and cant see it...

I'm new (and very impressed) to Emby and this plugin but have been using MediaCenter extenders and dvblink for a very long time.

With the demise of Media Center I'm trying to retire my 6 Xbox extenders and xeon server in favour of this.

The only real issue I'm having is, I'd like not to transcode. To replace the Xbox extenders with something which can do MPEG2-TS (DVB-T UK) natively. My reasons on this, lots of different streams would compound the cost of transcoding, more importantly it delays starting a channel on the Emby client (for me at least?).

So the questions...

1) If I run with the Media Portal tv plugin I appear to be able to play live tv on Android without transcoding, no ffmpeg process is running on the server. Is this possible with the DVBLink plugin, as ffmpeg always appears to start for me?

2) Other than android can anyone think of a replacement which would allow direct play without transcoding of channels. I like the idea of a Raspberry Pi 2 or a Roku box in every room as I have both those kicking about to test.

Apologies if its a stupid question!

t.andre

Hi,

If your client support direct play, normally it works even if ffmpeg start. It’s a pass-through to check if the stream needs to be transcoded. Luke can correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers.

Hi,

If your client support direct play, normally it works even if ffmpeg start. It’s a pass-through to check if the stream needs to be transcoded. Luke can correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers.

Thanks, I'll double check but ffmpeg appears to be consuming some CPU, say 8%... which is a little lower than normal maybe but still "doing something".

Thanks again though, I wasn't aware of that.

Spaceboy

Hi @t.andre emby transcodes dvblink to chrome browser for me. I've tried most clients and they all transcode in my experience. What info can I provide you to help look at this further? Cheers

pünktchen

@@t.andre

Emby doesn't ffprobe a live tv stream!

Instead Emby relies on mediainfo about videocodecs, audiocodecs, bitrate, container, profile and level for x264.

Depending on this and the capabilities of the requesting client, Emby decides if live tv needs to be transcoded.

So the question is: do you deliver any mediainfo besides the streaming url?

Edited by pünktchen

t.andre

I thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately DvbLink does not provide information in what is steamed.

In my plugin we can use two options for the stream request.

The first one is for transcoded stream directly from DvbLink , with this option I can transmit all the properties given by Emby to the server.

And the second option is raw streaming from URL without transcoding, I use the same parameters as HdHomerun for native mpeg2video.

Here the code I use for raw streaming.

MediaStreams = new List<MediaStream>
                       {
                           new MediaStream
                           {
                               Type = MediaStreamType.Video,
                               // Set the index to -1 because we don't know the exact index of the video stream within the container
                               Index = -1,
                               IsInterlaced = true,
                               Codec = "mpeg2video"
                               Width = null,
                               Height = null,
                               BitRate = null

},
                           new MediaStream
                           {
                               Type = MediaStreamType.Audio,
                               // Set the index to -1 because we don't know the exact index of the audio stream within the container
                               Index = -1,
                               Codec = "aac",
                               BitRate = 128000
                           }
                       },
               RequiresOpening = true,
               RequiresClosing = true,
               BufferMs = 1000,
               Container = "ts",
               Id = profile,
               SupportsDirectPlay = true,
               SupportsDirectStream = true,
               SupportsTranscoding = true

Cheers.

pünktchen

I would also set some overall birate (same level as container), maybe 5000000.

And i remember i had some problems with an index of "-1" for video and audio. If you hardcode those parameters i would set 0 for video and 1 for audio.

I can't imagine a case were video and audio would be delivered in an reverse order.

pünktchen

We do something similiar for MediaPortal ;)

One cannot have it all - either or... Just make it an option for your users!

Spaceboy

Hmm somethings not right, I need to investigate more fully but streams didn't seem to be being closed and I had 9 going at one point. Also ffmpeg was hammering the cpu for playback in the web client so not sure it's direct streaming. Will investigate further when I have some time

Yeah sorry it's still transcoding in the webclient. Would transcode logs be helpful?

Edited by Spaceboy

pünktchen

Hmm somethings not right, I need to investigate more fully but streams didn't seem to be being closed and I had 9 going at one point. Also ffmpeg was hammering the cpu for playback in the web client so not sure it's direct streaming. Will investigate further when I have some time

Yeah sorry it's still transcoding in the webclient. Would transcode logs be helpful?

For the webclient the stream will allways be transcoded because no browser can handle a ts stream.