t.andre

t.andre

Hi,

New version of the plugin is published.

See the first page for information.

Cheers

cw-kid

Hi

For some time now DVBLink has stopped working for me in Emby and it doesn't seem to connect to the server any more. 

I can see this error in the server log.

2015-12-30 01:59:44.1219 Info App: [DVBLink] - Connecting to server
2015-12-30 01:59:46.2279 Fatal App: [DVBLink] - It's not possible to Ensure a connection to the Server
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5800.2
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 2
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
	System.FormatException
	   at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
	   at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
	   at System.String.Format(String format, Object[] args)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.DVBLink.Helpers.PluginLogger.ErrorException(String message, Exception exception, Object[] paramList)
	   at TSoft.DVBLinkServices.HttpClient.<GetResponseObject>d__5`2.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at TSoft.DVBLinkServices.DVBLinkClient.<GetServerInfoInternal>d__53.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at TSoft.DVBLinkServices.DVBLinkClient.<EnsureConnectionAsync>d__29.MoveNext()

I have not changed any connection settings it just seemed to stop working one day. But can I confirm that the "DVBLink Server Port" in the Emby plugin settings is the "Streaming Port" as seen in the DVBLink Configuration settings? 

I am also running an older version of DVBLink Server 4.6.0. But it did use to work OK with Emby in the past.

Emby Server is beta version 3.0.5806

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

t.andre

Hi

For some time now DVBLink has stopped working for me in Emby and it doesn't seem to connect to the server any more. 

I can see this error in the server log.

2015-12-30 01:59:44.1219 Info App: [DVBLink] - Connecting to server
2015-12-30 01:59:46.2279 Fatal App: [DVBLink] - It's not possible to Ensure a connection to the Server
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5800.2
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 2
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
	System.FormatException
	   at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
	   at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
	   at System.String.Format(String format, Object[] args)
	   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.DVBLink.Helpers.PluginLogger.ErrorException(String message, Exception exception, Object[] paramList)
	   at TSoft.DVBLinkServices.HttpClient.<GetResponseObject>d__5`2.MoveNext()
	   at TSoft.DVBLinkServices.DVBLinkClient.<GetServerInfoInternal>d__53.MoveNext()
	   at TSoft.DVBLinkServices.DVBLinkClient.<EnsureConnectionAsync>d__29.MoveNext()

I have not changed any connection settings it just seemed to stop working one day. But can I confirm that the "DVBLink Server Port" in the Emby plugin settings is the "Streaming Port" as seen in the DVBLink Configuration settings? 

I am also running an older version of DVBLink Server 4.6.0. But it did use to work OK with Emby in the past.

Emby Server is beta version 3.0.5806

Thanks

Hi,

Go to the configuration page of the plugin and change the ip address.

With the last update the plugin reset the configuration.

Cheers.

cw-kid

Hi,

Go to the configuration page of the plugin and change the ip address.

With the last update the plugin reset the configuration.

Cheers.

Hi

The local IP address of the DVBLink server which is on the same server as the Emby Server software was already entered. I have tried removing it and adding it back in again and saving but it still does not connect.

I have also tried uninstalling the DVBLink Emby plugin and reinstalling it again but it still doesn't work. It probably hasn't worked for the last 4 or 5 plugin updates or maybe more.

I have also tried turning off the Windows firewall on the server.

I've also tried both indirect and direct stream requests in the plugin settings. 

Emby Server Log

http://xbmclogs.com/p647rfd2j

Cheers

Edited by cw-kid

t.andre

Hi

The local IP address of the DVBLink server which is on the same server as the Emby Server software was already entered. I have tried removing it and adding it back in again and saving but it still does not connect.

I have also tried uninstalling the DVBLink Emby plugin and reinstalling it again but it still doesn't work. It probably hasn't worked for the last 4 or 5 plugin updates or maybe more.

I have also tried turning off the Windows firewall on the server.

I've also tried both indirect and direct stream requests in the plugin settings. 

Emby Server Log

http://xbmclogs.com/p647rfd2j

Cheers

I,

Hi have updated the plugin.

Can you test it ?

Cheers

cw-kid

I,

Hi have updated the plugin.

Can you test it ?

Cheers

Hi

I installed the plugin update to version 1.0.5855.36929 and restarted the Emby server but its still the same in the Emby web GUI under Live TV no channels or guide load up. 

New log file

http://xbmclogs.com/pwkmzgm2e

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

t.andre

Hi

I installed the plugin update to version 1.0.5855.36929 and restarted the Emby server but its still the same in the Emby web GUI under Live TV no channels or guide load up. 

New log file

http://xbmclogs.com/pwkmzgm2e

Thanks

Hi,

A new update is published.

Can you try it ?

Thanks.

cw-kid

Hi

Just installed plugin version 1.0.5856.33165 and restarted the Emby server but I am afraid the Channels and Guide still do not load up in the Emby web GUI.

I checked the plugin settings and the local IP and port number of the DVBLink were still present.

Thanks

t.andre

can you post the log please ?

I'm sorry for that. Now I have DVBLink Version 5 and its difficult to know watt is the problem.

Thanks

Edited by t.andre

cw-kid

The DVBLink streaming port number is 8081 so not a standard port number used by DVBLink out of the box. But it did work OK previously with Emby several plugin updates ago.

cw-kid

The log looks different this time it looks like it connected. Yet it still doesn't load up the channels in the web GUI. 

2016-01-13 18:33:31.4592 Info App: [DVBLink] - Connected to server using streaming capabilities

I tried the local IP address and also localhost in the plugin settings.

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

I'm sorry for that. Now I have DVBLink Version 5 and its difficult to know watt is the problem.

Thanks

Yes I am still on DVBLink 4.6.0 as I never paid for the update to version 5 as it was still working OK so why update. I only use it for viewing live TV in Kodi occasionally and via Emby clients. Don't use it for recording anything as I have Sky satellite TV for that. 

cw-kid

Under Scheduled Tasks -> Live TV -> Refresh Guide

I ran this but currently just seems to be stuck on 0%

5696a0829ed46_Guide.png

Thanks

cw-kid

In the log it looks to have started the guide refresh, but still currently says 0.0% etc

2016-01-13 19:04:22.2808 Info App: Executing Refresh Guide

EDIT: Now it says:

Refresh Guide
Last ran a minute ago, taking 10 minutes and 4 seconds.

And the guide and the channels appear to be loading OK now  :D

Thank you
Edited by cw-kid

t.andre

Hi,

The plugin find your channels.

1. 2016-01-13 19:04:22.7955 Info App: [DVBLink] - Channels found on server: 109
  2. 2016-01-13 19:04:22.7955 Info App: [DVBLink] - Logos path not found
  3. 2016-01-13 19:04:25.2446 Info App: HttpClientManager POST: http://192.168.0.7:1746/RenderingControl/01314b2e-1627-7759-dfdf-

Can you see your recordings or Schedules and series ?

cw-kid

Can you see your recordings or Schedules and series ?

No I cannot see any.

But I don't think I have any to be seen anyway's as I don't use DVBLink for recording only viewing channels. 

I tried playing BBC1 TV channel in the Emby web GUI and it played OK. 

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

I'm trying to get the channel logos working now but its not. 

On the Emby server, I created a sub-folder called LiveTvLogos

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\metadata\LiveTvLogos

And copied all my existing .png logo images in to it. 

However in the Emby web GUI the logos are not appearing.

The logos are named the same as the names of each TV / Radio channel.

The instructions state:

-Implemented Live TV Logo

-All you have to do it's to put all your logos with the same name as your tv channels in a subfolder named LiveTvLogoin your emby metadata folder

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

You have to refresh te tv guide again in the configuration page

Oh OK thanks will try that. 

Cheers

cw-kid

The Refresh Guide progress bar doesn't seem to work for me at all, it always says 0.0%

5696a0829ed46_Guide.png

However under LiveTV in the Emby settings it does now say status: OK.

Normally this was always red with an error previously. 

5696b18ee3706_status.png

After the refresh guide process had completed, now all the channel logos are showing OK.

Thanks again!

Spaceboy

The DVBLink streaming port number is 8081 so not a standard port number used by DVBLink out of the box. But it did work OK previously with Emby several plugin updates ago.

I use 8362 so doubt it's non standard port

Ah it's fixed, yep my guide update also sits at 0 and then finishes but it works.

Edited by Spaceboy