DVBLink-TVMosaic Live TV Plugin

t.andre

I published a new update.

Spaceboy I have an android tablet but the live tv is working, but I did find a channel with NAR audio to test.

Cheers.

Thank you.

I don't know if you made changes towards playback on android with probe on?

I still get play back error after  long wait.

I see ffprobe starting up, and then nothing.

server-63590433149.txt

Edited by Notfast

V1.1.2.0

playback on chromecast - Live TV probe on

Still alot of stuttering!
@@Luke
It might have to do with Emby - MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe because cpu usage goes up to 8-10% when playing 720p - and it it is only 1-2% when playing 1080i without stuttering.

server-63590433149.txt

transcode-a6b3ab97-0ca1-47b5-9613-30d9617e85ef.txt

Edited by Notfast

the video is being stream copied which is probably not a good idea.

Okay, but what else to do when wanting .ts and h.264 playback on chromecast?

I thought that stream copying was the right way to do it, for best quality.

The video stream is not over the limit for Chromecast playback.

So why does MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe use more CPU with 720p then 1080i?

I thougt that is was ffmpeg that should be working, and not MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe.

1080i works fine - plays on Chromecast with no stuttering and almost no MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe cpu usage.

For 720p the same code is used - as fare that I can see, but stutters alot.

720p :

-map 0:0 -map 0:2 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -codec:a:0 ac3 -ac 2 -ab 128000 -af "aresample=async=1" -y

1080i:

-map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -map_metadata -1 -threads 0 -codec:a:0 ac3 -ac 6 -ab 320000 -af "aresample=async=1" -y 

server-1080i.txt

transcode-1080i.txt

server-720p.txt

transcode-720p.txt

Edited by Notfast

It's not right when it's not appropriate. The source stream is 50fps, which my guess is too much for chromecast to handle but i will have to verify. So i can filter that on the chromecast side and then it will never stream copy. 

It's not right when it's not appropriate. The source stream is 50fps, which my guess is too much for chromecast to handle but i will have to verify. So i can filter that on the chromecast side and then it will never stream copy. 

Chormecast can decode:

• H.264 High Profile Level 4.1 (the processor can decode up to 720/60 or 1080/30)

https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/media

What I think, you are thinking about - and what your link is about - is the frame output, and not what it can decode.

Google has made a firmware update to Chromecast so now it supports 50hz output - do again that do not change what it maximum can decode. 

• H.264 High Profile Level 4.1 (the processor can decode up to 720/60 or 1080/30)

Chromecast only support progressive output - but can decode interlaced video. 

Edited by Notfast

ok, my mistake then. i don't have an answer for you. we're copying the original video stream as-is. The only thing i can really think of is that perhaps it should be transcoding.

ok, my mistake then. i don't have an answer for you. we're copying the original video stream as-is. The only thing i can really think of is that perhaps it should be transcoding.

I think I might have an idea.

Audio codec!

Chromecast support AAC (aac_he + aac_lc), and if one looks at : https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/media it says:

Audio passthrough

• AC-3 (Dolby® Digital™ audio technology)
  • E-AC-3 (EC-3, Dolby® Digital Plus™ audio technology)

The Media Player Library (MPL) supports E-AC-3 passthrough. If you're not using MPL, you can check the codec support prior to creating the source buffer by using the MediaSource.isTypeSupported() method and passing mp4a.a5 for AC-3 or mp4a.a6 for E-AC-3.

I'm not sure if Emby passing mp4a.5 for AC-3 passthtough?

Edit: 2016.02.08:

But I'm also not sure that Chromecast can do video and AC-3 passthrough at the same time! It seams that alot of other people do have some problem with passthrough AC-3.

Here is  link to 50fps video with 5.1 ac-3 652kbps and 11665kbps h264 in mp4 container, and it plays fine on Chromecast!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3316850/Demo50hzv10/Demo50hzv10.mp4

Here is a link to 50fps video (low bit rate) with 5.1aac audio, it plays fine on Chromecast.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3316850/Emby%20Notfast/Chromecast/Demo50hzv3/Demo50hzv3.mp4

Problem transport stream with ac3 and H264 in .ts container:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3316850/Demo50hz.ts

ffmpeg should only do stream copy to mp4 container - is ffmpeg doing something wrong?

One more thing, why is there not a chormecast profile?  We need is at good profile for Chromecast! - But that is another thread I think.

Edited by Notfast

I think I might have an idea.

Audio codec!

Chromecast support AAC (aac_he + aac_lc), and if one looks at : https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/media it says:

Audio passthrough

• AC-3 (Dolby® Digital™ audio technology)
  • E-AC-3 (EC-3, Dolby® Digital Plus™ audio technology)

The Media Player Library (MPL) supports E-AC-3 passthrough. If you're not using MPL, you can check the codec support prior to creating the source buffer by using the MediaSource.isTypeSupported() method and passing mp4a.a5 for AC-3 or mp4a.a6 for E-AC-3.

I'm not sure if Emby passing mp4a.5 for AC-3 passthtough?

Edit: 2016.02.08:

But I'm also not sure that Chromecast can do video and AC-3 passthrough at the same time! It seams that alot of other people do have some problem with passthrough AC-3.

Here is  link to 50fps video with 5.1 ac-3 652kbps and 11665kbps h264 in mp4 container, and it plays fine on Chromecast!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3316850/Demo50hzv10/Demo50hzv10.mp4

Here is a link to 50fps video (low bit rate) with 5.1aac audio, it plays fine on Chromecast.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3316850/Emby%20Notfast/Chromecast/Demo50hzv3/Demo50hzv3.mp4

Problem transport stream with ac3 and H264 in .ts container:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3316850/Demo50hz.ts

ffmpeg should only do stream copy to mp4 container - is ffmpeg doing something wrong?

One more thing, why is there not a chormecast profile?  We need is at good profile for Chromecast! - But that is another thread I think.

New thread : http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31110-chromecast-stream-copy-and-direct-streaming-ffmpeg/?p=298670

Spaceboy

I published a new update.

Spaceboy I have an android tablet but the live tv is working, but I did find a channel with NAR audio to test.

Cheers.

Hi t.andre, saw an update go out a few days ago but wasn't sure what it was supposed to do. Just wondering if you've made any progress with the android or theatre app? Ta

t.andre

Hi t.andre, saw an update go out a few days ago but wasn't sure what it was supposed to do. Just wondering if you've made any progress with the android or theatre app? Ta

Hi,

The update was to order the streams by a sequence of video, audio and then subtitles to see if it can change something in live TV.

Have you tried the last version of Emby and ET ?

I have only a few HD channels in Switzerland and they all work in my android tablet.

All the streams come from ffbrobe and are sent to the server which dispaches to the devices. Luke can correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your efforts and useful feedback and even though it doesn't work for every device yet, we are getting closer :)

Cheers

With the server Version 3.0.5870.0 and Emby Theater ​version 1.0.43 the TV streams are transcoded :(.

Before the TV strems were sent directly. Do not know if it has to do with the server version or ET version. Before I could find "Playing now​" or simliar under Live-TV.

EDIT: Most of the DVB-S channels are not transcoded. However, some of the streams are for some reason transcoded when using the new Emby Theater.

Edited by majsorv

Spaceboy

Hi,

The update was to order the streams by a sequence of video, audio and then subtitles to see if it can change something in live TV.

Have you tried the last version of Emby and ET ?

I have only a few HD channels in Switzerland and they all work in my android tablet.

All the streams come from ffbrobe and are sent to the server which dispaches to the devices. Luke can correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your efforts and useful feedback and even though it doesn't work for every device yet, we are getting closer :)

Cheers

Hello, agreed it's all good progress! I'm beginning to think this is a problem with the android app now. I also tried it on my Nexus 7 using both android apps. This is what i see using the TV app

182639386c33fee1215c3ac57188c50c.jpg

It's the same on the Nexus player, both audio tracks are now seen but not selectable. I'm going to start a new thread in the android section. Thanks for all your work!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have been using DVBLink plug-in and Emby for a while now but haven't posted to the forums before, so here are the thanks from me of the great work to the Emby team and to the DVBLink plugin developer.

And to the point.

I'd like to ask about DVB-subtitle support, which is a real pain on any platform from DLNA to Emby to Plex to Mobile apps etc...

Only configuration that I get DVB-subtitles to work is Kodi as a frontend for my DVBLink server or by burning in DVB-subtitles using FFMpeg on command line to a new video file.

Anyways would it be possible to somehow get DVB-subtitles to work on Emby Live TV and DVBLink plugin?

I believe Emby uses FFMpeg?

After some research and scratching my head, as the feature was temporarly broken due to a bug in FFMpeg I found out how to burn in those subtitles using FFMpeg.

So is it possible to include that feature to Emby and/or DVBLink plugin to make Emby actually useful for playing TV-recordings?

This is the command to burn in DVB-subtitles to a new file:

What it does is it picks up an overlay containing DVB-subtitles, scales it to fill the video resolution as the subtitle overlay is smaller than the video feed and burns it to a single stream and to a new file.

ffmpeg -i "X:\file.ts" -filter_complex "[0:s:0]scale=width=iw:height=ih[sub];[0:v][sub]overlay" "X:\file.mp4"
Edited by Faravid

Spaceboy

hello, i seem to be going backwards now. when testing today on all apps i do not get offered the choice to switch audio tracks and unfortunately if the NAR track is available that one is chosen. subtitles work fine but the option to switch audio tracks has disappeared.

Spaceboy

hello, i seem to be going backwards now. when testing today on all apps i do not get offered the choice to switch audio tracks and unfortunately if the NAR track is available that one is chosen. subtitles work fine but the option to switch audio tracks has disappeared.

Ignore, must have just been an issue with that Dev server version

arthurd123

No TV Giude data with DVB Link latest plugin, can anyone please look at my log file?

It does work with the latest Emby Theater app but it takes an age for it too appear. No TV guide in the Emby GUI at all. I'm getting suggestions only.

Many thanks

Arthur

server-63592795022.zip

Edited by arthurd123

pünktchen

No TV Giude data with DVB Link latest plugin, can anyone please look at my log file?

It does work with the latest Emby Theater app but it takes an age for it too appear. No TV guide in the Emby GUI at all. I'm getting suggestions only.

Many thanks

Arthur

Please post here http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32135-Guide-not-loading also.

t.andre

Hi,

I have update dvblink to version 1.1.4

See the first post for more information.

Cheers

• Like 1

muppets4

The plugin is working like it should overhere. Very happy with it. 

I still have a question. My TV provider has unencrypted channels and some encrypted. The encrypted channels (sports) work in my DVBLink configuration (Acamd with Smargo cardreader) like the other channels. But not with this TV plugin. They work on all DVBlink clients (PC and IOS) Is there anything I should do?

Edited by muppets4

arthurd123

The plugin is working like it should overhere. Very happy with it. 

I still have a question. My TV provider has unencrypted channels and some encrypted. The encrypted channels (sports) work in my DVBLink configuration (Acamd with Smargo cardreader) like the other channels. But not with this TV plugin. They work on all DVBlink clients (PC and IOS) Is there anything I should do?

As far as I know DVBLink should take care of this as your plugins should sit in the DVBLink folders right? I haven't gone that far as I can't really test it beacuse of my guide not loading up properly. I will give this version a go and report back.

@t.andre thanks for your hard work it appreciated as always! :)

arthurd123

TV Guide takes few seconds to load now so a big improvement for me. Will test playback later on when I get home.

@t.andre Thanks again!

OBenned

Hello.

Im very new here, so if i ask a really stupid question, then i apologize beforehand.

Ive just installed emby and added the dvblink plugin, it says its connected but now channels it sghown either on the web or on my iPhone.

Im running Ubuntu 14.04.

Any suggestions is welcome