DVBLink-TVMosaic Live TV Plugin

t.andre

cw-kid

OK so I restarted the DVBLink service and the Emby Server application on the WHS 2011 server. This then releases the tuners again. 

It also updated to the newer DVBLink Plug-in version you just released (1.0.5720.27089). But still says: Status: Unavailable (Server Status : STATUS_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) Where its meant to show the DVBLink Server version number.

Anyway's I then played three TV Channels in the Emby web GUI in Chrome browser and on playing the third channel it worked OK and played. So the Emby web GUI is releasing the Tuners OK.

However the Emby app for Windows 8 / 10 it seems it is NOT releasing the tuners properly. Anyone else confirm this?

I will try the Emby app for Android next. 

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Alright I just tried using the Emby app for Android on my Asus 7" tablet. 

I tried to play three TV channels again, different ones. And on the third channel it played OK, so the Emby Android app is also releasing the tuners fine.

Seems just the Emby app for Windows 8 / 10 the modern UI app is not releasing tuners. 

I don't have any other types of Emby apps installed here. 

However we do have a Now TV (Roku) box at a remote location running the Emby app, so I can test Live TV playback on that device next time I am at that house. 

Regards

indikator

Hello,

i have installed and configured the Plugin and everything is working.

But i only have the picture in 4:3 Ratio not 16:9 =(

Using: DVBLink Server 5.5.0 11858

TVSource 11904

Emby Version 3.0.5724.3

*edit*

it only affects "SD" Channels

Any Suggestions for the Settings to get proper Ratio?

Regards

Edited by indikator

• 2 weeks later...

It seems DVBLink is always transcoding when I'm trying to watch TV. I haven't enabled the "Enable DVBLink Transcoder (In Beta Stage)".

How can I disable transcoding?

Spaceboy

Emby transcodes all live TV for now

I use kodi as my front end, with the Dvblink plugin and Emby for kodi. You don't get all the functionality of Emby but live TV is important to me. Kodi plus Dvblink also has full time shift support and channel changes are instant.

Guest solomalee

Hi everyone,

I've just downloaded EMBY and installed the OS X server software (Latest version from the downloads page). I am interested in connecting EMBY to my DVBLINK server (V5.1.0 Build 11218) running on a Synology Diskstation 1010 (DSM 5.2-5592 Update 4).

My DVBlink server is connected to a NetOctopus SAT>IP tuner pointing at UK FreeSAT 28.2 degrees and is currently running perfectly as a source for Windows media centre 24x7 with 100% WAF ;-)

I've also tried KODI running on the same MAC OS X machine connected to DVBLINK and that works too.

I've tried setting up the DVBlink EMBY plug in, but get this message in the LIVE TV Status page:

I've tried resets, reboots and various DNS and direct IP addresses and cannot get the plug in to connect, I hope one of the experts out there can advise what I should try next.

Thanks 

Solo

post-73704-0-16315100-1442668741_thumb.png

post-73704-0-08529100-1442668748_thumb.png

Emby transcodes all live TV for now​

Ok, good to know. Then I can stop troubleshooting.... :)

Is transcoding enabled by the DVBLink Plugin or is it Emby Server that always transcode when handling TV?

Will transcoding disabling be possible in the future?

Edited by majsorv

Spaceboy

Ok, good to know. Then I can stop troubleshooting.... :)

Is transcoding enabled by the DVBLink Plugin or is it Emby Server that always transcode when handling TV?

Will transcoding disabling be possible in the future?

as far as i can see the dvblink transcoding options only apply to play back through their own android / ios app and the web client. i only know through trial and error, the documentation isnt great and some of the wording seems to conflict. but i have it direct paying to all of the above clients as well as kodi and still transcoding in emby.

the devs have said that all live tv will be transcoded until all the kinks are worked out, the aim is to direct play

Edited by Spaceboy

AlwinHummels

I just bought a DBVLink buther but I cant get it work on Emby.

On Kodi Jarvis it works great.

55e3007270233_EmbyDVBLINK.png

That's the screen I got

I use Emby Version 3.0.5724.4 on my Synology NAS

DVBLink addon version 1.0.5723.31614

DVBLink Server version 5.1.0 build 11218

DVBLink TVSource version 5.1.0 build 11661

I use the default port 8100 and the IP adres of my NAS

No Authorization enabled

What do I wrong?

For live tv transcoding, it's depend on the stream of your channels.

I use chrome browser and for channels with h264 there is no transcoding for exemple.

Spaceboy

hd channels do not start for me anymore in the webclient, i get an error message as below. tuners are available. watching the monitoring tab in the dvblink config shows nothing starts. on the android app the audio starts but there is no video.

55fee786037e6_Capture.jpg

also i need to repeat that live tv through emby and the dvblink plugin is pretty inconsistent all over. but i've posted about this many times and you haven't acknowledged it. its often slow and often doesn't load at all. i'm happy to try and help troubleshoot. thankfully emby for kodi and the very sound dvblink plugin for kodi are doing the job

AlwinHummels

Hi,

Have you put the address of your nas in the plugin configuration page ?

Cheers

Yes as wrote  before I use the default port 8100 and the IP adres of my NAS

Yes as wrote  before I use the default port 8100 and the IP adres of my NAS

can you publish the log file ?

hd channels do not start for me anymore in the webclient, i get an error message as below. tuners are available. watching the monitoring tab in the dvblink config shows nothing starts. on the android app the audio starts but there is no video.

55fee786037e6_Capture.jpg

also i need to repeat that live tv through emby and the dvblink plugin is pretty inconsistent all over. but i've posted about this many times and you haven't acknowledged it. its often slow and often doesn't load at all. i'm happy to try and help troubleshoot. thankfully emby for kodi and the very sound dvblink plugin for kodi are doing the job

Hi,

I appreciate your help. can you post your emby and transcoder log ?

Because I d'ont have the control on watts is transcoded by emby in web client. it depends on the type of stream that is provided by the channel you are watching or the browser you are using.

I need more information about that.

For kodi it's normal that work with raw stream because all the codecs are natively supported and there is no need to transcode.

• Like 1

I have just begun examining your log file and I found something strange.

I d'ont understand why the line in the log lunch a command line for ffmpeg. For now I d'ont have an emby server in a linux machine and I can't debug

Have you tried the last beta version of emby ? Maybe it could help.

2015-09-20 16:46:11.7745 Error - App: [DVBLink] Cannot deserialize Data {0}:
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5724.4
Command line: /usr/local/emby/share/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /usr/local/emby/var -ffmpeg /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe
Operating system: Unix 3.10.35.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Program data path: /usr/local/emby/var
Mono: 3.10.0 (tarball Sat Mar 28 10:18:33 UTC 2015)
Application Path: /volume1/@appstore/emby/share/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
Unexpected declaration markup was found.  Line 1, position 3.
System.Xml.XmlException
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadDeclaration () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReaderInterpreter.ReadRoot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize (System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have just begun examining your log file and I found something strange.

I d'ont understand why the line in the log lunch a command line for ffmpeg. For now I d'ont have an emby server in a linux machine and I can't debug

Have you tried the last beta version of emby ? Maybe it could help.

2015-09-20 16:46:11.7745 Error - App: [DVBLink] Cannot deserialize Data {0}:

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.0.5724.4

Command line: /usr/local/emby/share/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /usr/local/emby/var -ffmpeg /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe

Operating system: Unix 3.10.35.0

Processor count: 4

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

Program data path: /usr/local/emby/var

Mono: 3.10.0 (tarball Sat Mar 28 10:18:33 UTC 2015)

Application Path: /volume1/@appstore/emby/share/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

Unexpected declaration markup was found.  Line 1, position 3.

System.Xml.XmlException

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadDeclaration () [0x00000] in :0

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in :0

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in :0

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in :0

at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent () [0x00000] in :0

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReaderInterpreter.ReadRoot () [0x00000] in :0

at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize (System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializationReader reader) [0x00000] in :0

That's ok. It's just a different startup command. This just looks like some kind of xml deserialization problem.

muppets4

I have upgraded DVBLink from version 4.6 to 5.5 today. Been trying the Live TV option now in Emby, with the help of this neat plugin. I have some questions.

I use a 4 tuner HD Homerun. I do not want to use it, only the DVB Link extension. But I cannot delete the tuners, they return everytime. The reason I only want to use the DVB Link extention is because it can show all channels. Also encrypted ones.

What happens now is that I have a guide with 189 channels, instead of the 40 or so installed on DVB Link. Is there an option to show only those ones?

For live tv transcoding, it's depend on the stream of your channels.

I use chrome browser and for channels with h264 there is no transcoding for exemple.

I've only tested through Edge Browser and the Windows 10 app.

Hopefully transcoding won't be needed in Emby Theater... :unsure:

Browsers have limited format support, it is what it is. voice your concern to microsoft that they should support mpeg2 within edge.

Having said that, it's my own prediction that in 2016 the browser video players are going to significantly improve. Google is adding quite a few javascript api's that tap into native resources, it is only a matter of time before they turn their attention to the video player.

• Like 1