DVBLink-TVMosaic Live TV Plugin

t.andre

Brilliant!!!! No ffmpeg when playing live tv on my Android tablet.

The delay doesn't seem massively noticeable but based on the comments above I wondered, knowing nothing about any of this, if it would be efficient to cache the necessary info on first play... so the first time I play BBC One there is a slight delay but the second time it already has whatever it needs?

I know the info will change from channel to channel but assume, again knowing nothing, it would be the same for every play of the same channel.

Edited by sh0dan

I'm not sure if its related, it could be something i've mucked up locally... but I cant seem to cast dvblink channels to another emby device now.

Casting something else works.

Edited by sh0dan

Spaceboy

For the webclient the stream will allways be transcoded because no browser can handle a ts stream.

In post 256 t.andre said it should direct stream to chrome unless I misunderstand it. But anyway, more importantly it also transcodes to the android to app. Does anyone have it confirmed working direct streaming with any app so I can try and replicate?

On the config page the check box immediately under the user name and pass needs some explaining. I have no idea what this is asking or telling me and I have it checked.

Spaceboy

something seems to have changed, when i start a live tv channel on the android app, the app tells me it is direct streaming using vlc, but the stream never actually starts. seems we are almost there but not quite

t.andre

In post 256 t.andre said it should direct stream to chrome unless I misunderstand it. But anyway, more importantly it also transcodes to the android to app. Does anyone have it confirmed working direct streaming with any app so I can try and replicate?

On the config page the check box immediately under the user name and pass needs some explaining. I have no idea what this is asking or telling me and I have it checked.

Chrome can direct transcode If your channel stream is x264 otherwise it will transcode it.

In my transcode log I have this for example

Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (copy)

Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (mp2 (native) -> aac (native))

For this only the audio is transcoded.

For me in Switzerland many channels have mp2 audio, so all my channel's without aac audio is transcoded

Spaceboy

my hd is h.264 with an ac3 audio and also an mp2 audio track. i want it to use the ac3 track which is dd+ but instead it uses the mp2 audio described track

sd is mpeg2 with two mp2 audio tracks but it always picks the wrong one

this is what i see in the web client when a hd channel is playing in chrome

56521d213359b_Capture.jpg

in android tv no stream starts

t.andre

You have intel quick sync enabled ?

If yes try to disable

Edited by t.andre

Spaceboy

No I don't, I want to get it working but I disabled since I realised it was causing problems. I believe if i disable the probe option it will go back to working in android but transcoding

t.andre

if it does not wok try only Stream request type. This option off can stop your stream. I think I will remove it for the next version

emacholden

Hi,

Been using Emby for a while, and decided to try out this Live TV plug in.

All is working great with the test, I just have one problem at the moment....

When viewing recorded tv, and looking at the All Recordings section, I see folders for Kids, Movies, News and Others.

Once I choose a folder e.g. others, I just get a view of all the recordings in that section, in date order, there is no grouping of any series together in a sub folder or a way to sort them.

Have I set something up wrong? Or are series recordings not grouped together like they are in the DVBLink interface?

• 2 weeks later...
t.andre

Hi,

A new version of the plugin is published.

This version can correct the grouping for series.

Please test it an give me your feedback

Cheers

emacholden

Hi

Thanks for the update  :)

I have installed the new version and so far it is working very well.

I will do some more testing and let you know if I find any issues.

One quick question.....

As a future enhancement to consider, would it possible for each series folder to show a image for the show rather than the large folder icon?

I just though I would ask as the 'coming up' , 'on now' and 'past 24 hours'  sections all have images

Thank you once again for grouping of series  :)

emacholden

I posted a question on the Amazon Fire TV thread about transcoding

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/28322-aftv-recorded-tv/

I asked this....

I have found that when playing back a recorded tv .ts file from the recorded tv folder (using the DVBlink plugin), it is always transcoded no matter what settings I try and use.

However if I take a copy of the same file, and put it into a Media Library folder, the AFTV plays back that file directly without any transcoding.

Have I missed something, or does playback from recorded tv always transcode rather than try direct playback?

EBR replied by saying....

That has to do with the information the Emby server has about the file.  Our built-in TV function can direct stream the recorded TV just fine because we have all the necessary information to know that we can.  Likewise, when you add it to your real library, the system probes it for the necessary information and, again, knows it can direct stream it.

Therefore, it comes down to the external Live TV components and the Emby plug-in for that component (DVBLink) providing enough media information for our system to know that it can be direct streamed.  I guess one of those components is not providing that.  I would ask about it in the DVBLink thread.

So my question is, can the DVBLink plug-in provide the same media information as a real library does,so that the Amazon Fire TV does not request transcoding the recorded TV files, or is this a limitation of the information available from DVBLink?

Thanks

t.andre

I posted a question on the Amazon Fire TV thread about transcoding

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/28322-aftv-recorded-tv/

I asked this....

I have found that when playing back a recorded tv .ts file from the recorded tv folder (using the DVBlink plugin), it is always transcoded no matter what settings I try and use.

However if I take a copy of the same file, and put it into a Media Library folder, the AFTV plays back that file directly without any transcoding.

Have I missed something, or does playback from recorded tv always transcode rather than try direct playback?

EBR replied by saying....

That has to do with the information the Emby server has about the file.  Our built-in TV function can direct stream the recorded TV just fine because we have all the necessary information to know that we can.  Likewise, when you add it to your real library, the system probes it for the necessary information and, again, knows it can direct stream it.

Therefore, it comes down to the external Live TV components and the Emby plug-in for that component (DVBLink) providing enough media information for our system to know that it can be direct streamed.  I guess one of those components is not providing that.  I would ask about it in the DVBLink thread.

So my question is, can the DVBLink plug-in provide the same media information as a real library does,so that the Amazon Fire TV does not request transcoding the recorded TV files, or is this a limitation of the information available from DVBLink?

Thanks

I have updated the plugin to probe recordings like livetv before it start.

Can you try it ?

emacholden

I have updated the plugin to probe recordings like livetv before it start.

Can you try it ?

Thanks for the quick update  :)

Unfortunately it does not quite work, the play bar appears, and the 'spinning circles' appears as though it is about to start playing, but nothing actually plays, the circles just keep spinning.

I have noticed that when playing back from recorded tv, on the screen between the show title and the play bar it just says Direct/V

But When playing back from the media library it says    SD   MP2   STEREO   Direct/V

If you need some more information, or some log files or something, just let me know

Edit...

I also have noticed that on the server dashboard under active devices, for the AFTB when playing back from the media library, it very briefly says Transcoding, then changes to Direct Streaming as soon as playback begins

But when playing back from recorded tv the Dashboard just says Transcoding, 

Edited by emacholden

Spaceboy

Thanks for the quick update :)

Unfortunately it does not quite work, the play bar appears, and the 'spinning circles' appears as though it is about to start playing, but nothing actually plays, the circles just keep spinning.

I have noticed that when playing back from recorded tv, on the screen between the show title and the play bar it just says Direct/V

But When playing back from the media library it says SD MP2 STEREO Direct/V

If you need some more information, or some log files or something, just let me know

Edit...

I also have noticed that on the server dashboard under active devices, for the AFTB when playing back from the media library, it very briefly says Transcoding, then changes to Direct Streaming as soon as playback begins

But when playing back from recorded tv the Dashboard just says Transcoding,

Sounds the same as what I reported, except I see it with live tv too

emacholden

Sounds the same as what I reported, except I see it with live tv too

Have to admit I had not tried Live tv, I always record things and watch them later, 

I have tested live tv this evening, and yes your right, it does exactly the same, 

t.andre

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you put your logs ?

I have tried with Chrome and only the audio is transcoded for my recordings.

What browser you use ?

Cheers

Spaceboy

566dd6ed47a38_Capture.jpgso the main problem i have at the moment is i cannot configure the plugin at all. everything was working ok but when i went to the plugin config page it did not come up fully and i got an endless spinning wheel in the middle of the page. i tried uninstalling to reinstall but when i click install i just get a spinning wheel see pic. so at the moment i have nothing working

on the latest dev btw

Edited by Spaceboy