DVBLink-TVMosaic Live TV Plugin

t.andre

Spaceboy
ok, after reviewing the previous posts and what i am seeing i am in agreement with @@pünktchen that chrome will not direct stream live tv for me in the uk and wherever you guys are. t.andre also confirmed this because live tv is only transcoded for audio for him. so chrome cannot be our test client.

what i want to achieve is 100% direct streaming to compatible clients meaning faster stream starting, fast forward and rewind and the ability to select audio tracks (finally ridding me of the audio described track). i am using the nexus player and the android app which uses embedded vlc, so it should be able to 100% direct stream hd tv with h.264 video and ac3/aac audio. 

intel qsv is off, my settings in the dvblink plugin are below:

5671d512f062c_Capture.jpg

a log is attached of me trying to play bbc 2HD on the nexus player. on the np it looks like the stream is going to start, the indicator shows direct/v which is all good, but the stream never starts, just a spinning wheel. the dashboard shows playback trying to start.

hope this helps

pünktchen

@@t.andre

Stripped-down @@Spaceboy log for better readability:

Info App: Live stream info:
{"Protocol":"Http","Id":"118aea4efdc143328b36be17d93d4c52","Path":"http://localhost:8363/dvblink/timeshift?client=1",
"Type":"Default","Container":"ts","Name":"NATIVE","MediaStreams":[
{"Codec":"mpeg2video","IsInterlaced":true,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Video","Index":-1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false},
{"Codec":"aac","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Audio","Index":-1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false}
],"PlayableStreamFileNames":[],"Formats":[],"RequiredHttpHeaders":{}}

The biggest problem i see is "Index".

It has to be in the correct order of course and it has to start with 0 for the first stream (mostly video), then 1 for audio stream one, 2 for audio stream two and so forth.

With an "Index":-1 Emby will always transcode the stream!

Also i'm missing resolution and bitrate. For H264 you have to deliver profile and level! This is how it looks with MediaPortal:

"Type":"Default","Container":"ts","MediaStreams":[
{"Codec":"H264","IsInterlaced":true,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Height":1080,"Width":1920,"Profile":"baseline","Type":"Video","Index":0,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":40},
{"Codec":"AC3","Language":"ger","IsInterlaced":false,"Channels":6,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Audio","Index":1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false},
{"Codec":"AC3","Language":"eng","IsInterlaced":false,"Channels":2,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Audio","Index":2,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false}
],"PlayableStreamFileNames":[],"Formats":[],"Bitrate":7000000,"RequiredHttpHeaders":{}}
Edited by pünktchen
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

@@t.andre

Stripped-down @@Spaceboy log for better readability:

Info App: Live stream info:
{"Protocol":"Http","Id":"118aea4efdc143328b36be17d93d4c52","Path":"http://localhost:8363/dvblink/timeshift?client=1",
"Type":"Default","Container":"ts","Name":"NATIVE","MediaStreams":[
{"Codec":"mpeg2video","IsInterlaced":true,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Video","Index":-1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false},
{"Codec":"aac","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Audio","Index":-1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false}
],"PlayableStreamFileNames":[],"Formats":[],"RequiredHttpHeaders":{}}

The biggest problem i see is "Index".

It has to be in the correct order of course and it has to start with 0 for the first stream (mostly video), then 1 for audio stream one, 2 for audio stream two and so forth.

With an "Index":-1 Emby will always transcode the stream!

Also i'm missing resolution and bitrate. For H264 you have to deliver profile and level! This is how it looks with MediaPortal:

"Type":"Default","Container":"ts","MediaStreams":[
{"Codec":"H264","IsInterlaced":true,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Height":1080,"Width":1920,"Profile":"baseline","Type":"Video","Index":0,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":40},
{"Codec":"AC3","Language":"ger","IsInterlaced":false,"Channels":6,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Audio","Index":1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false},
{"Codec":"AC3","Language":"eng","IsInterlaced":false,"Channels":2,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Audio","Index":2,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false}
],"PlayableStreamFileNames":[],"Formats":[],"Bitrate":7000000,"RequiredHttpHeaders":{}}
Sounds like this may be why I always get the wrong audio track?

Spaceboy

@@Spaceboy

please use your real server ip instead of localhost and seeif it makes any difference!

@Spaceboy

Try to uncheck Enable Time Shift

hi, i've tried both of these changes and i don't think i can see any difference

edit, actually maybe making some progress, i found that disabling timeshift does give me back the option to select the correct audio track in chrome so thats where you probably need to look to solve that.

but i don't seem to be able to get playback to start on android now even if i disable the probe options, i'll join you on the other thread

further edit, if i disable direct stream tv on the android app then i can get transcoded streaming of live tv channels, with the correct audio. recorded tv actually seems to direct play through vlc (surprisingly!), i am unable to seek and attempting to returns playback to the start, also the audio described track is selected and i cannot see a way to change it. so, to summarise:

i changed localhost to the correct ip, no idea if this affected anything

i disabled timeshifting and that fixes the problem of always playing the audio described track

something between the plugin and the android app is causing the direct streaming of live tv to fail, i just get an endless spinning circle mental, i re-enabled direct streaming in the android app so i'm back in the same position as when i started except for disabling timeshifting and now it blooming works! direct streams fine to vlc but as with recorded tv below i get the wrong audio track and cannot change it, i'll take this up with ebr

tv recorded through the through the dvblink backend streams directly to the android app using vlc as the external player but i have no seek ability and the wrong audio track is chosen and cannot be changed

Edited by Spaceboy

Is anyone else having issues with 1.0.5826.37110? I get an "No compatible streams are currently available" error when trying to play in the browser and in the android client, however if I downgrade to 1.0.5820.37348 it works fine.

I have raw transport, time shift, probe live, probe recording ticked.

Thanks!

t.andre

Hi I have updated the plugin with some code fix.

For information if Probe livetv or probe recording is not checked it's not possible to retrieve the audio and video information from dvbLink. these options is not available in the api.

Please can you test and tell me if it works. 

Cheers.

Spaceboy

hello, sorry but this doesnt work at all. no tv data appears and guide data sync finishes after a couple of seconds. i see this on the live tv page, do you need any logs?

5683e34d83038_Capture.jpg

For information if Probe livetv or probe recording is not checked it's not possible to retrieve the audio and video information from dvbLink. these options is not available in the api.

Cheers.

Sorry, had to downgrade again. With the newest code fix I still get "No compatible streams are currently available".

t.andre

Sorry, had to downgrade again. With the newest code fix I still get "No compatible streams are currently available".

Hi,

Can you post your log files to analyse ?

Thanks

Spaceboy

Cheers.

hello and a happy new year!

the latest build seems to work well in chrome. with timeshift enabled i can still select the audio track. its slower to start, rough count 25s between clicking play and the picture appearing, but it starts with the correct audio track. are we able to reduce the start time at all because that does seem significantly 5x longer

the android app works fine with direct streaming of live tv turned off, 30s to start but chooses the correct audio and audio is selectable.

unfortunately with direct streaming turned on no video starts, ive tried changing the audio from direct to compatible but no difference. its the same with live and recorded tv. while the wheel is spinning i can navigate to the audio options and i can see that it has identified both audio tracks so something is happening but it never gets any further than that. would a log be helpful?

t.andre

hello and a happy new year!

the latest build seems to work well in chrome. with timeshift enabled i can still select the audio track. its slower to start, rough count 25s between clicking play and the picture appearing, but it starts with the correct audio track. are we able to reduce the start time at all because that does seem significantly 5x longer

the android app works fine with direct streaming of live tv turned off, 30s to start but chooses the correct audio and audio is selectable.

unfortunately with direct streaming turned on no video starts, ive tried changing the audio from direct to compatible but no difference. its the same with live and recorded tv. while the wheel is spinning i can navigate to the audio options and i can see that it has identified both audio tracks so something is happening but it never gets any further than that. would a log be helpful?

Hi,

Happy new year and thanks for your feedback.

I have updated the plugin with a better logging and fixed some code.

It's possible to test and post the log files ?

For the probe time it depends on your hardware and the version of emby that you have.

Hi use emby dev and the live TV takes 3 to 4 seconds to probe the information.

Cheers.

t.andre

For information: Timeshift only works with indirect stream. I will put these information in the configuration page on the next build

The reason that I provided the option for indirect and direct stream it's because in the past emby did not release the live stream.

if the option for indirect stream works correctly and closes your live tv stream you can use it.

Cheers

Edited by t.andre

Hi,

Can you post your log files to analyse ?

Thanks

Sorry I forgot to add them. The later version appears to work, I will keep testing and let you know if I find an issue... not helped as newest android app is broken as well on my tablet at the moment (nothing to do with dvblink)  :)

Thanks, I really appreciate your hard work to bring the addon to us.

Update:I forgot to say I updated the emby server and dvblink servers as well before retesting.

Edited by sh0dan

Spaceboy

hello, an update

i doubt its the hardware limiting this, emby and dvblink are the only things running on an otherwise dedicated i7 4790K with 32Gb RAM, the recording drive is also local to this pc.

so, with just the stream request option enabled, ie no probing, a stream starts in chrome within 14s, reasonable as it is transcoding for audio. 25-30s for a recorded tv item to start playing. both of these play the "wrong" audio track and the track is not selectable. with the probe options unchecked no video is played in android at all.

with the two probe options checked then it takes about 30 seconds for a live tv stream to start in chrome, it seems 17s of this is spent doing the probe, then the screen goes black an it takes about the same 14s as above for the transcoded stream to start. unfortunately it also dies immediately, it does this with the latest update. a recorded tv item takes almost a minute to start and the time seems to be split 50:50 based on the same observations as above.

on android with direct streaming of live tv unchecked it takes 30s for a live tv stream to start but its being transcoded so this is reasonable. recorded tv items try to play back directly using vlc but never start.

with direct streaming of tv checked then i can see android is trying to play both directly but neither start.

examples of each of the above should be in the attached log 

hope this helps!

TopSideControl

Hi, 

I'm a long time user of both emby(MB) and DVBlink but only now trying to put the 2 together. So far all is working except when I try to play back recorded shows via emby, there is no option to seek. I've tried toggling the probe options in the plugin and the transcode options via dvblink config. Is this expected behaviour? All apps are running the latest versions. 

I'm trying to playback via chrome.

Thanks

Brian

t.andre

hello, an update

i doubt its the hardware limiting this, emby and dvblink are the only things running on an otherwise dedicated i7 4790K with 32Gb RAM, the recording drive is also local to this pc.

so, with just the stream request option enabled, ie no probing, a stream starts in chrome within 14s, reasonable as it is transcoding for audio. 25-30s for a recorded tv item to start playing. both of these play the "wrong" audio track and the track is not selectable. with the probe options unchecked no video is played in android at all.

with the two probe options checked then it takes about 30 seconds for a live tv stream to start in chrome, it seems 17s of this is spent doing the probe, then the screen goes black an it takes about the same 14s as above for the transcoded stream to start. unfortunately it also dies immediately, it does this with the latest update. a recorded tv item takes almost a minute to start and the time seems to be split 50:50 based on the same observations as above.

on android with direct streaming of live tv unchecked it takes 30s for a live tv stream to start but its being transcoded so this is reasonable. recorded tv items try to play back directly using vlc but never start.

with direct streaming of tv checked then i can see android is trying to play both directly but neither start.

examples of each of the above should be in the attached log 

attachicon.gifemby.txt

hope this helps!

Hi,

It's strange you have almost the same configuration then I., and the my probe time is less.

Here an exemple :

2016-01-06 22:05:01.7170 Info App: [DVBLink] - Get Channel Stream : 10650000

2016-01-06 22:05:01.7170 Info App: [DVBLink] - Stream Source Info Name: NATIVE

2016-01-06 22:05:01.7326 Info App: [DVBLink] - Probe stream for Channel

2016-01-06 22:05:08.1857 Info App: [DVBLink] - Probe RunTime 00:00:06.45

2016-01-06 22:05:08.1857 Info App: [DVBLink] - MediaSourceInfo:

Have you intel Quick Sync enable ? if yes try to disable it.

Soon I will make an update for the plugin with some new additions and fix.

Cheers

Spaceboy

Have you intel Quick Sync enable ? if yes try to disable it.

Hardware acceleration is set to auto, which is the only other option apart from Intel qsv, I think this is just unclear labelling

But I'm sue I remembered reading on the qsv thread that it had been disabled for live tv

Look forward to testing something new soon!, thanks!