Emby FILM CLUB

Cheesegeezer

shaefurr

Umm... so the Force Awakens seems to have been released early over seas. Does anyone know when it will be released in Canada/U.S.?

I must hold a copy of the bluray in my hands :)

US digital is April 1st, 5th for DVD and Blu-ray

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
chef

OH boy Star Wars Rouge One trailer came out!

there is a really annoying alarm which starts half way through the trailer, but other then that it looks pretty epic!

They can't remake a New Hope twice! Ha! But seriously I love Star Wars.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

fantaxp7

OH boy Star Wars Royge One trailer came out!

there is a rally annoying alarm which starts half way through the trailer, but other then that it looks pretty epic!

They can't remake a New Hope twice! Ha! But seriously I love Star Wars.

I hope these become films that are both good in their own right and add to the whole Star Wars universe and story at the same time.

It was an awesome teaser. 

thefirstofthe300

That teaser....I love the fact that the only character from the main movies they included was Mon Mothma.  This looks like it could be a very compelling side story.  Could Star Wars be the new MCU?  :P

CBers

It does look good.

Reminds me of all the Star Wars spin-off books I read in the late 70s/early 80s.

• Like 1

chef

It does look good.

Reminds me of all the Star Wars spin-off books I read in the late 70s/early 80s.

CBers you're dating yourself... Lol!

• Like 2

AdrianW

It does look good.

Here's one that's sitting on the bookshelf behind me:

5707e4251d61b_Splinter.jpg

• Like 2

MrWebsmith

ugh writing out C3PO and R2D2 like that just hurts my eyes lol.. even for a book

• Like 1

CBers

Here's one that's sitting on the bookshelf behind me:

5707e4251d61b_Splinter.jpg

That's one that I read :D

mediacowboy

Just watched, The Divergent: Allegiant and London has Fallen. Really enjoyed both. If I remember tonight I will right more but thought I would share.

• 4 weeks later...
CBers

Finally got round to watching THE MARTIAN.

What an excellent, easy to watch film.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Like 1

AdrianW

Two days 'til Civil War! Oh boy oh boy!

My daughter went to see it that weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it (it was released here last Thursday).

Remember to wait until after the credits - apparently 

the new Spider-man gets introduced.

CBers

Remember to wait until after the credits - apparently

the new Spider-man gets introduced.

Wasn't there also a

Black Panther

reveal?

FrostByte

Thought CW was the best of the CA movies yet.  If you liked the first two, you should like this one.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
mediacowboy

I thought Batman v Superman was pretty good. I believe Ben Affleck needs more time as batman before I really cast that vote. I wasn't a big fan of who they choose for Lex either. I thought the special effects were amazing. What are everyone else's thoughts?

joshstix

I think it was three hours of my life I will never get back.  I loved the dark knight movies but am not a superman fan so probably not the ideal audience for the movie.

I was not impressed at all with the Lex Luthor character, he just seemed to be a try hard version of Heath Ledgers Joker.

shaefurr

I liked Ben Affleck as batman, wasn't a fan of Lex at all. Overall I enjoyed the movie, bit slow the first hour and a half though. Man of Steel for instance was nonstop action the entire movie, this one had a really long buildup to anything of the same caliber. Though I can forgive that slowlness being an intro movie for Batman/justice league.

Edited by shaefurr

thefirstofthe300

Batman v Superman was a real crap shoot for me.  The bright spot was Ben Affleck's Batman.  The absolute low spot was Superman.  As far as Jesse Eisenberg's Lex, I knew it was either gonna be smashing success or a complete flop...sadly, it was the latter.  I feel for him though because Jesse does not play calm, collected characters.  Every roll he has played has been a character who looks like he can't sit still for a couple of seconds.

Best and worst scene of the movie had to be the fight sequence.  Honestly, the pacing of that fight was stupid.  (Really, you introduce The Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg right before Superman gets the crap kicked out of him?!?  And Martha??? That is how you choose to end the fight? Marth??????)  Points for the actual action being exquisitely shot.

In my opinion, DC was trying to play catch up to Marvel and beat Marvel to the "Civil War" punch.  Since DC only had the Man of Steel to work off of, they tried to cram eight years worth of setup that Marvel so excellently did into a matter of three hours.  Consequently, it felt like someone used a shotgun to make the movie.  Shoot a million story lines at the screen and see what works.

I can appreciate the attempts to try to tie in and setup comic book characters but pace it better, DC, and put them in contexts that make sense (what the hell was The Flash doing talking to Batman??? I never saw the connection to the movie).  

Edited by thefirstofthe300

thefirstofthe300

Just finished watching Red with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, and Jessica Louise-Parker. Talk about a fun action movie. The casting was 100% dead on perfect and the movie never took itself too seriously. Overall, I would give it a nine out of ten just because if the sheer fun of it. Also, I somehow missed the plot twist at the end. I can normally see those kinds of things coming from the beginning of the movie.

However, this movie leads me to ask the question...does Jessica Louise-Parker always seem stoned to anyone else? I don't think I have ever seen her in a movie when she at least appeared sober.