Emby FILM CLUB

Cheesegeezer

jluce50

Despite bombing at the box office 'Tomorrowland' was a great kids adventure movie.

CouchPotato just grabbed it this morning. I'm looking forward to it!

• Like 1

fantaxp7

Despite bombing at the box office 'Tomorrowland' was a great kids adventure movie.

I'm looking forward to it for the visuals and the sound. I saw an extended preview for it at the IMAX and wow did it look and sound amazing.

Of course while keeping in mind that it didn't do so well in theaters. 

• 3 weeks later...

Watched Minions.  Kids loved it, but there is no speaking in the entire movie.  Just of lot of mumble jumbo minion speech.  If you want a movie with fantastic screen writing and dialogue this is not the one.  Was kind of funny in some spots but 90 minutes of this was just too much.

Watched Minions.  Kids loved it, but there is no speaking in the entire movie.  Just of lot of mumble jumbo minion speech.  If you want a movie with fantastic screen writing and dialogue this is not the one.  Was kind of funny in some spots but 90 minutes of this was just too much.

I thought the best part of the whole movie was the very opening "Universal" animation - with the spinning globe.

• Like 1

thefirstofthe300

So I finally watched Her.  I probably experience a wider range of emotions watching this movie than any other movie I have seen.  I was everything from sympathetic, to happy for Theodore, to creeped out (probably first time in a movie to feel those two things back-to-back), to weirded out, to REALLY creeped out, to huh???, to feeling sad for him, to feeling sort of happy (final scene).

All I have to say is......ok?

Wound up buying 21 of those. Yikes!

I only managed to buy a premiere ticket for midnight showing, plus a book of 10x tickets to see it afterwards.  Took a gamble that it will be worth seeing a number of times.  Figure nothing could be as bad as Episode I

Edited by DigiTM

For Halloween I have managed to convince my partner to watch a horror movie prior to heading out to a cemetery ghost tour.  Now wondering what recommendations for a truly scaryass horror movie but without gore.  Both of us are not fussed on gore.  Maybe one involving ghosts etc?
Just thought whom else to ask but the folks who thrive on movies :)

Edited by DigiTM

Just looked at trailer for Trick R Treat.  So far my selection has been Trick r Treak, The Conjuring, The Babadook or Insidious.  Just been having a look at the high rated rotten tomato lists.  Now to pick the best of these.  We haven't seen any of these and only have time for one.  Just want the one to be awesome.
I know this is the spot to mention movies you've seen, was just hoping it's also the place to ask recommendations :)

shaefurr

Just looked at trailer for Trick R Treat.  So far my selection has been Trick r Treak, The Conjuring, The Babadook or Insidious.  Just been having a look at the high rated rotten tomato lists.  Now to pick the best of these.  We haven't seen any of these and only have time for one.  Just want the one to be awesome.

I know this is the spot to mention movies you've seen, was just hoping it's also the place to ask recommendations :)

If you ask me trick r' trreat was not scary what so ever. The babadook was ok. The childrens book in the movie is more creepy than the babadook itself if you ask me :P

I'd recommend Wes Cravens They Saw it when it came out in theaters and was afraid to go to my car afterwards, scared the hell outta me. Lame plot but still creeps me out.

fantaxp7

Been on a horror film kick since it is the season, some lesser known ones (to me anyways) like Let Me In which was decent  though I was told the original is much better, and The Loved Ones was pretty good as well. 

I went through this list and picked a bunch I'd never heard of    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/best-horror-movies/

fantaxp7

Johnny Depp in Black Mass

Wow...

I feel like the performances in that movie make the movie. Johnny Depp was obviously fantastic and I feel like Joel Edgerton really stood out as well.

I didn't really care for the directing. It was good but not great overall. 

I feel like the performances in that movie make the movie. Johnny Depp was obviously fantastic and I feel like Joel Edgerton really stood out as well.

I didn't really care for the directing. It was good but not great overall. 

Yeah, I didn't think the movie itself was fantastic but Depp was.  He should get an Oscar nod.

I laughed at Vacation. It is actually well done. If you enjoyed the previous instalments of the Griswalds, you are going to laugh your ass off at this! A good movie to watch with your wife...

Edited by chef

• 1 month later...
AdrianW

1408... now that has some scary bits in it!

I was just reading that short story today - I didn't even know it had been made into a movie.

-edit-

Just checked IMDB - it was released eight years ago!  I don't remember the title at all.

Edited by AdrianW