Emby FILM CLUB

Cheesegeezer

joshstix

She looks like a smoking hot stoner though.

I did really enjoy the red movies though.  Not sure why they are rated so lowly.

• Like 3

Guest asrequested

This is a good breakdown of Primer. Such a complicated movie. You could watch it 100 times is still not fully understand the timeline.

http://www.kevinmuldoon.com/primer-film/

The second time I watched it, I paid attention. I think I understood it pretty well. His second movie, however... Upstream Color.....was much more convoluted.

• 2 weeks later...
mediacowboy

Just finished watching Courgeous/My All American. Wow for a true story they did a incredible job filming and the actors were just wow.

• 1 month later...
Blueeyiz702

Just watched Rob Zombies 31,Wow the guy has a very sic n twisted mind. Very Graphic and Violent,just how i like my movies!!

If you like horror/slasher/demented and anything else that is in that category its all in this film. Makes Devils Rejects look like Alice in Wonderland and i give it

6.5 out of 10. just cause its Rob Zombie. Now i'm off to listen to some White Zombie,and plan my Halloween massacure early.Muhahahaha

• 1 month later...
Guest asrequested

I'm very curious to know what everyone's favorite movie is. Mine is Heat (1995). It brings together several great attributes. First being Michael Mann (a fave director of mine). He remade his own movie, L.A. Takedown. The story and events are pretty much the same, but he changed the ending. Which brings me to my next fascination. For years, many had talked about getting Pacino and DeNiro together on screen (Godfather II doesn't count, as they never appeared together and I don't believe they even met on set). This was the first time to make it happen. And I thought it amazing that Mann made them equal and opposite, with a mutual respect for each other. I feel they were both at the perfect point in their careers to make this movie (nothing to prove). The third element that I thought was excellent, are the action/shootout scenes. They were choreographed by Andy McNab. He is ex-British SAS, and if you've seen Bravo Two Zero , he is the one who wrote the book about the same mission. So he has great real world experience with weaponry and firefights. Bringing all these elements together along with a great cast and script, makes this my favorite movie

Edited by Doofus

• 1 month later...
swhitmore

I'm very curious to know what everyone's favorite movie is.

The Blues Brothers.

Absolutely incredible cast, including some of the best cameos of all time. Best music, fantastic writing, bloody funny, 2 of the best car chases of all time. That movie has everything.

Now I need to go watch it again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I saw "Arrival".

Lots of mixed reviews on this one but I, as a parent, thought it was very powerful.  Much in the same way as "Crash".

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

Okay, I saw "Arrival".

Lots of mixed reviews on this one but I, as a parent, thought it was very powerful.  Much in the same way as "Crash".

we saw this yesterday and both wife and I really enjoyed it.  

i agree with your thought that it became powerful/thoughtful in a different way now that i'm a father.

Blueeyiz702

If you haven't watched, Spectral on Netflix is very good. A lot of action,and a way different kind of enemy, But i'd rather not say to much,just go a check it out,Spectral on Netflix. I rate it 8.0/10.0

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2106651/

Edited by blueeyiz7021
  • Like 1

Rogue One, FTW.

I certainly found it a lot more enjoyable than the last "real" episode which was nothing but a complete copy of IV.

• Like 2

MrWebsmith

i really enjoyed it as well.. liked that it both "added to the main story arc" and stood alone for its own plot.

joshstix

I just love that they took some chances and went dark with it which is appropriate for people in a war.

The characters were also very easy to connect with be they good or bad or both.

The thing I liked best about the force awakens was the "real" effects rather than using CGI, which surprised me when I realised that there was significant CGI done extremely well in Rogue One.

Edited by joshstix
  • Like 2

when I realised that there was significant CGI done extremely well in Rogue One.

Including, obviously, the last image of a certain character...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Blueeyiz702

Just watched Patriots Day,and all i can say is if your country has been effected by Terrorists.

It gives you a idea of what the men and women of blue have to go through,and i started singing God Bless America! I am a American Patriot i bleed Red,White, & Blue.

Edited by blueeyiz7021
  • Like 1

Blueeyiz702

I had to watch Patriot day again, and i  don't like recreations of  because its just something hard to do, a lot of feelings involved in this movie.

But this time i felt like i was there with the people, but only able to stand bye as there lives where shattered along with there bodies.

One thing i found out is the Boston Police are know joke when it comes to there citizens, They where on there own Jihad and terrorist didn't stand a chance.

But to me its a shame our world has come to having people commit these horrible act's against innocent people and children!

And the only way it will ever end is if we stand together and stop the Hate.

• 4 weeks later...
Diedrich

I watched Arrival last week, very good movie, but I'm unsure I understood it all.

You weren't supposed to, all that writing was a interpreted made-up alien language. [emoji6] Edited by dvgmar

swhitmore

I watched Arrival last week, very good movie, but I'm unsure I understood it all.

Great movie. It's refreshing to have a scifi that doesn't involve guns and lasers (as much as I also enjoy those).

• Like 2