When can we expect the release of the official 4.8?

zw19971112

Spaceboy

are there still any improvements to live tv? because it seems to me that the improvements to start up time were reverted. what else has there been?

techpro2004

Luke, I am getting concerned. Please reply to my previous post. Is this going to be like eventghost where the project gets stuck on a beta for years and then dies?

• Facepalm 1
  • Agree 1

roaku
36 minutes ago, techpro2004 said:

Luke, I am getting concerned. Please reply to my previous post. Is this going to be like eventghost where the project gets stuck on a beta for years and then dies?

No.

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Locutus64
1 hour ago, roaku said:
2 hours ago, techpro2004 said:

No.

I wouldn't be so sure. 🙄🙄

• Facepalm 1

grantsunny

This recalls a project I were involved years before. But eventually we made it, so go 4.8 release too! 🙃

• Facepalm 1

crusher11
On 1/21/2024 at 10:58 PM, Spaceboy said:

are there still any improvements to live tv? because it seems to me that the improvements to start up time were reverted. what else has there been?

Something happened in a recent beta that broke live TV, and it hasn't been rectified yet.

Spaceboy
55 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Something happened in a recent beta that broke live TV, and it hasn't been rectified yet.

works fine for me. as i stated, the changes that were made to improve start up time were reverted. so what else has there been?

crusher11
5 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

works fine for me. as i stated, the changes that were made to improve start up time were reverted. so what else has there been?

I don't know, but there are half a dozen threads in the beta forum discussing it.

4 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

image.png.ee09c8cf5b2c906ab67e721a8434e35e.png

Seems it hasn't resolved the issue.

rbjtech
10 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

I don't know, but there are half a dozen threads in the beta forum discussing it.

Seems it hasn't resolved the issue.

ok - I don't have an issue - but let those with issues test it and feed back.    With only half a dozen issues, it sounds to me like an edge case - if it was really 'broken' - I'm sure there would be many more comments/issues being raised ... ?

• Facepalm 1

crusher11

Half a dozen threads, multiple posters per thread...and once there's that many posts about it, little point piling on to say "me too". I'm personally still on .58, waiting for the issues to be resolved before I update any further.

• Agree 1

CBers
1 minute ago, crusher11 said:

Half a dozen threads, multiple posters per thread...and once there's that many posts about it, little point piling on to say "me too". I'm personally still on .58, waiting for the issues to be resolved before I update any further.

Beta 58?

Beta 74 came out yesterday.

crusher11
1 minute ago, CBers said:

Beta 58?

Yes. There was the privacy issue with the playlist editing, then by the time that was resolved live TV was broken. Still seeing reports of issues on .74, so I'm holding off.

CBers
17 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Yes. There was the privacy issue with the playlist editing, then by the time that was resolved live TV was broken. Still seeing reports of issues on .74, so I'm holding off.

What's the point of you being in the Beta Test Team if you're not willing to test, even if it's a standalone setup?

• Like 1

Locutus64
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

k - I don't have an issue - but let those with issues test it and feed back.    With only half a dozen issues, it sounds to me like an edge case - if it was really 'broken' - I'm sure there would be many more comments/issues being raised ... ?

Most peeps don't report problems, I've learned that over the last 20 plus years of dealing with forums. To have six threads about the same issue is actually a lot.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Spaceboy
1 hour ago, rbjtech said:

image.png.ee09c8cf5b2c906ab67e721a8434e35e.png

well after reading that i am 100% informed 😂

anyway the question was - what new functionality was supposed to have been implemented that caused the the regression that now needs fixing. the answer seems to be no-one knows, and he who knows is not answering

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Agree 1

Locutus64
1 minute ago, Spaceboy said:

well after reading that i am 100% informed 😂

anyway the question was - what new functionality was supposed to have been implemented that caused the the regression that now needs fixing. the answer seems to be no-one knows, and he who knows is not answering

Informed isn't the word I would use for what you are.

Spaceboy
Just now, Locutus64 said:

Informed isn't the word I would use for what you are.

its a shame you're too thick to understand sarcasm

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Locutus64
Just now, Spaceboy said:

its a shame you're too thick to understand sarcasm

Shame your post wasn't actually sarcasm, and we both know it.

Spaceboy
1 minute ago, Locutus64 said:

Shame your post wasn't actually sarcasm, and we both know it.

its a shame the majority of your posts are hate filled bile, but we are where we are

• Facepalm 1
  • Agree 2

bakes82
On 1/17/2024 at 5:46 PM, FrostByte said:

There's really nothing to it.  Just load the latest beta on top of your current install.  Once 4.8 goes stable install that release and stay.  You don't have to stay on beta forever. 

We are so close every new build is fairly small now and your server isn't going to go boom.

If you really have to have it now, then you only have yourself to blame.

I’m confused. You just said install 4.8 it’s fine then you said I’m to blame if it goes boom. So what is it?  The incremental updates have been known to corrupt DBs it’s happened to be me atleast 2x in under a month, so maybe you aren’t actually testing.