Bulky: Bulk(Mass) MetaData Editor

Cheesegeezer

MBSki
2 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

I will look into all of these issues today   The latest plugin dll is attached below.  The custom filter is not finished yet.  I fixed lots of bugs.

Vic

Emby.Bulky.dll 332.5 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks @VicMoore. Did you get a chance to look at the potential recursive search issue or looking at that today?

VicMoore

It's on my list for today - also try the new plugin  - the custom filter is not finished but you can see the GUI

Vic

MBSki
6 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

It's on my list for today - also try the new plugin  - the custom filter is not finished but you can see the GUI

Vic

Awesome, thanks @VicMoore!

GrimReaper
21 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

I will look into all of these issues today   The latest plugin dll is attached below.  The custom filter is not finished yet.  I fixed lots of bugs.

Vic

Emby.Bulky.dll 332.5 kB · 0 downloads

Vic, please attach any subsequent plugin updates in the first post (which you can edit now), preferably (but not mandatory) with version number update and/or changelog/release notes.

Edit: If you encounter any issues doing so, you can PM me the dll and/or notes and I'll do it for you, but this practice of sticking updates in the middle of the thread should cease, as it creates confusion both for new users and followers. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

GrimReaper

We just spoke what should you do with plugin updates, didn't we? Which you did for 1.5 thereafter. Yet here's 1.6 again in the thread. 

• Haha 1

VicMoore

@GrimReaperI have been told that driving people crazy is one of my best skills. I am teachable, especially new tricks.  I did update the first post as you recommended. I am not sure if I should stop posting the code in other posts. You were not clear on that point.

vic

• Like 1

MBSki
6 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

what did I do?

Vic

LOL, just post the update in the first entry in the thread. 😁

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, VicMoore said:

I did update the first post

Way to go, just saw the update. 👍

Just now, VicMoore said:

I am not sure if I should stop posting the code in other posts.

No need to post them on multiple places, just post "Plugin updated"  or something similar in the thread body will suffice. 

Happy2Play

Yep the conflict of not being in the catalog.  These non-catalog plugins to a point need a lock plugin descriptive topic with the plugin and a separate troubleshooting/issues discussion.

VicMoore

I just attached plugin version 0.0.1.7 to the first post.

I fixed the custom filter and several minor bugs.  Everything should be working now.

Vic

MBSki
11 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

I just attached plugin version 0.0.1.7 to the first post.

I fixed the custom filter and several minor bugs.  Everything should be working now.

Thanks @VicMoore. I think the case sensitivity is gone, and recursive search seems better, but it only appears to search 1 level down, rather than all levels down.

VicMoore

@MBSkiglad that things are working better.   When you use the Filter dialogue you are creating an Emby filter string that get appended to the URL I send to the server. The filtering work is all done by the Emby server. I only tell it what to search for.  The custom filter is different. The plugin does all of the filtering work. So I can change it to do whatever I want.  With it you can search on almost anything.

Vic

MBSki
On 4/1/2023 at 8:27 PM, VicMoore said:

@MBSkiglad that things are working better.   When you use the Filter dialogue you are creating an Emby filter string that get appended to the URL I send to the server. The filtering work is all done by the Emby server. I only tell it what to search for.  The custom filter is different. The plugin does all of the filtering work. So I can change it to do whatever I want.  With it you can search on almost anything.

Thanks for the thought about the custom filter. I'm testing it now, but I don't really understand how I'm supposed to get it to work. So, what I want to do is search for the string (explicit) anywhere in my library. It could be in the title, filename, metadata, ... etc. There is no string search though, and there is no recursive = true option. Also, what do S, E, and C mean?

image.png.4e3643d9bb25febfb06b11e12dfc889b.png 

VicMoore

@MBSkiin the custom filter click the radio button "one or more true" then for the various item fields that you want to test, select "C" for contains, and put "explicit" in the text field. You can test your filter by clicking the test button. When you are ready to apply the filter to the items on the page where you clicked the "custom" button, you just need to click the apply button.

Vic

VicMoore

@MBSkiwhen you are using the Emby filter (you clicked the filter button) the filter is applied to everything in the folder where you clicked the filter button. It's not applied just to the selected items.  The filter doesn't care what's selected.

The same is true for the custom filter.  The selected items are just used for testing the filter.

Another point is that when you use "recursive" you must specify what's to be included in the search and if you like you can also specify what's to be excluded. If you don't do this, Emby will not give you any search results. 

Vic

MBSki

Ok, thanks @VicMoore. So here's my search. I clicked the music library and searched from there. I don't know why it's showing titles when I'm supposed to be searching everything in my music library. Also, as you can see by the results it's only grabbing albums with explicit in the Album title, but it's not grabbing all of them. And, it doesn't grab any songs so there doesn't appear to be any recursive search. It's just searching the albums. 

Search Parameters

image.thumb.png.7542654b138e2c027b897b7d31dd2d43.png

Results

image.thumb.png.8b4a6357bd14bf754637547cc89bbd66.png

Explicit Album NOT found

image.png.a6d0237af639a022cb9d5d31a4ccbc0b.png

VicMoore

Good morning @MBSkithe custom filter doesn't search recursively. It only applies the filter to the current folder. I use the Emby filter to create a folder with all the items in it that I want to search across. For example, for TV shows I would select the Series I am interested in and then filter on "Recursive" and include "Episodes".  Then I would use the "Custom" filter to search across all of the "Episodes" in the folder.

Your effort testing these filters is a big help to me. Thanks so much.

Vic

MBSki
12 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning @MBSkithe custom filter doesn't search recursively. 

Ok, so how do we get the recursive search? At the moment, there's no way to search all the songs. 

Any idea why the album search didn't return all the items with "explicit"?

VicMoore

You do the recursive search before you do the custom search -  let me try a few things and I will get back with you this afternoon

Vic

MBSki
12 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

You do the recursive search before you do the custom search -  let me try a few things and I will get back with you this afternoon

Vic

Hmmm, ya lost me. 😅