These logs are added

image.png.3e768532d723db7cbe0e150517f69ce4.png

Does this help?

Screenshot_2023-03-31_20-43-37.thumb.png.4404a90e170c3fbba65346d2ce686498.png

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, Junglejim said:

Does this help?

Screenshot_2023-03-31_20-43-37.thumb.png.4404a90e170c3fbba65346d2ce686498.png

I can see you are filtering with the Alphapicker too.  just to isolate the alphapicker having an impact on the filtering.  only go into the music folder and do the filter, set recursive and enter your search text.

Cheers

Cheesegeezer

just tested on Chrome also

image.png.fdef01ef375ec83b512f221763c1b3b5.png

Everything is working

image.thumb.png.e6494baf66bde8d4a76dc1e1b140844c.png

Junglejim
21 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

I can see you are filtering with the Alphapicker too.  just to isolate the alphapicker having an impact on the filtering.  only go into the music folder and do the filter, set recursive and enter your search text.

Cheers

Alphapicker? I didn't set anything there just the default (nothing). you mean "sort by" I guess?

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, Junglejim said:

Alphapicker? I didn't set anything there just the default (nothing). you mean "sort by" I guess?

yup exactly, i was viewing the log and assuming it was alphapicker lol sorry mate

Junglejim
4 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

yup exactly, i was viewing the log and assuming it was alphapicker lol sorry mate

I've tried everything I can think of but I can't get the string filter to work with music. 😆

TvShows/Movies no probs Music 🤪 Not too sure what is going on here.. Time to crack another beer I think. ;)

Cheesegeezer
7 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

I've tried everything I can think of but I can't get the string filter to work with music. 😆

TvShows/Movies no probs Music 🤪 Not too sure what is going on here..

hmmmm

Time to crack another beer I think. ;)

I hear ya brother... what time is it where you are about 8 or 9pm?  we are just after 12:00pm here

Junglejim
5 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

hmmmm

I hear ya brother... what time is it where you are about 8 or 9pm?  we are just after 12:00pm here

9:45pm here. All good, I was just testing this for the sake of testing and trying to help make the plugin better. I'll prob never bulk edit music anyway.

All my music is tag driven, no nfo's/images with the files.. maybe that's the problem.. :)

It's got me stumped how it works for you and not me. 😁

• Agree 1

VicMoore

The filtering is actually done by Emby - the plugin just creates the string to add to the URL so that Emby knows to search and what to search for - I will log to the console this string so you can see whats going on

vic

• Like 1

VicMoore

attached is the new plugin.dll - We tested it for hours correcting bugs

The plugin should be 0.0.1.4    -   please check because I have some how mixed up the various version many times. @Cheesegeezerhas tried his best to set me on the right course and I still get it wrong. 

Vic

Emby.Bulky.dll

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Junglejim
5 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

attached is the new plugin.dll - We tested it for hours correcting bugs

The plugin should be 0.0.1.4    -   please check because I have some how mixed up the various version many times. @Cheesegeezerhas tried his best to set me on the right course and I still get it wrong. 

Vic

Emby.Bulky.dll 324 kB · 1 download

Thanks mate, got a error with the filter string with music this time. Hopefully it will help..

Screenshot_2023-03-31_23-01-07.thumb.png.674f833d4d910534274afef2ed885fd5.png

MBSki

I tried the new version and it still isn't working. I think for me there's an issue with recursive search. If I'm in a list of songs that have the string "explicit" it returns results, but if I'm at a level up, at the album level, it returns nothing.

• Agree 1

VicMoore

@MBSkiI will try to duplicate your problem.  I have to go out for a while - I will get back with you after 3pm today

vic

• Thanks 1

BRVICR

Is there a way to ctrl click a music album and tag the album and have the tags cascade down to all of the songs in the album? I'm unable to ctrl-click an album.

Note this is great work!

VicMoore

I fixed the ctl-click for selecting folders. The latest plugin is attached below.  It's easy to tag all of the songs in a folder by selecting them all (shift-click) and then bulk edit all of them at once.

Vic

Emby.Bulky.dll

BRVICR

This didn't seem to work. I still can't select albums using ctl-click. I use tags for my kids access and it is a pain to have to tag each song in an album so being able to select the albums and bulk edit those and have the tags cascade down to each song in those albums would be great.

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, BRVICR said:

This didn't seem to work. I still can't select albums using ctl-click. I use tags for my kids access and it is a pain to have to tag each song in an album so being able to select the albums and bulk edit those and have the tags cascade down to each song in those albums would be great.

At the same time Emby should be inheriting from Parent to prevent needing to tag items.

What exactly is the issue?

Junglejim

Hi @VicMoore, one thing I have noticed when I enter my music library from the plugin is that it's a bit of a jumbled mess.

It contains both Artists and Album folders as well as a base Music folder that contains everything (artists/album/songs) that I can drill down through.

Unlike TvShows that has some order to it.

I can provide some images if you like but hopefully you understand what I'm saying.

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

Hi @VicMoore, one thing I have noticed when I enter my music library from the plugin is that it's a bit of a jumbled mess.

It contains both Artists and Album folders as well as a base Music folder that contains everything (artists/album/songs) that I can drill down through.

Unlike TvShows that has some order to it.

I can provide some images if you like but hopefully you understand what I'm saying.

True but filtering "Sort By" should give you what you want, correct?

Junglejim
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

True but filtering "Sort By" should give you what you want, correct?

No that does not work the view still has both artist and album plus the base music folder, it's still just a mess.

Happy2Play

Yep with everything shown I just scroll down to the actual library. But library folder starting point would be better.

image.png.265c3752d44fcafb546df2c0413c1a94.png

• Thanks 1

Junglejim
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Yep with everything shown I just scroll down to the actual library. But library folder starting point would be better.

image.png.265c3752d44fcafb546df2c0413c1a94.png

Yeah I agree with that the base music library folder would be a better starting point.

If I do as you suggest and scroll down to the actual music folder and start there then the string filter "Greatest Hits" with "recursive search=true" works.. 😁

Screenshot_2023-04-01_13-24-39.png.99420b44c46e0cbe6f0b77c3e26bb6ec.png

Albums...

Screenshot_2023-04-01_12-51-11.thumb.png.b25f910dad2bb70c758b82bc25483ee6.png

Screenshot_2023-04-01_12-52-26.thumb.png.cda9e3c55f58ec252c455d5b5f2da2e8.png

Songs...

Screenshot_2023-04-01_12-54-40.thumb.png.538f0c8a4a694ec889e7e3becf037101.png

Screenshot_2023-04-01_12-57-10.thumb.png.a734cbfa386e20df4abf29dbe0ec064a.png

Hopefully Vic can organize the music library a little better. :)

Edited by Junglejim
  • Like 1

VicMoore

I will look into all of these issues today   The latest plugin dll is attached below.  The custom filter is not finished yet.  I fixed lots of bugs.

Vic

Emby.Bulky.dll

• Thanks 1