embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

minos

Thanks for the fixes.
i still have a problem, if i set a season of complete tv serien to unseen in kodi, the individual episodes are set to unseen, but not the season itself. all the episodes are unseen, but the hook on the season remains as seen, very strange

quickmic
29 minutes ago, minos said:

Thanks for the fixes.
i still have a problem, if i set a season of complete tv serien to unseen in kodi, the individual episodes are set to unseen, but not the season itself. all the episodes are unseen, but the hook on the season remains as seen, very strange

Well, if all episodes are correctly tagged as unwatched, it's actually up to Kodi to tag the season too. I think Kodi does that, but you skin does not refresh the status. Try default skin for verification.

zenkichi08

safe to update to .30? any red flags?

sorry just wanted to make sure :D

Edited by zenkichi08

quickmic
Just now, zenkichi08 said:

safe to update to .29? any red flags?

sorry just wanted to make sure :D

If you are on .19 or lower, stay on that version. .29 still have performance issues. If you are already using >=.20 you can upgrade.

quickmic

Not tested yet, but as there are no info about performance upgrades, same advise.

• Thanks 1

838Joel
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

If you are on .19 or lower, stay on that version. .29 still have performance issues. If you are already using >=.20 you can upgrade.

I'm still on 4.7.11.0 server, is it safe to plunge into 4.8.0? If I'm going with let say 4.8.0.19?

quickmic
2 minutes ago, 838Joel said:

I'm still on 4.7.11.0 server, is it safe to plunge into 4.8.0? If I'm going with let say 4.8.0.19?

My tests confirmed, everything up to 4.8.0.19 is safe. Everything above (.28) is stable but "slow".

838Joel
8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

My tests confirmed, everything up to 4.8.0.19 is safe. Everything above (.28) is stable but "slow".

Thanks for the quick response! I'll give a try then!

• Like 1

838Joel
8 hours ago, 838Joel said:

Thanks for the quick response! I'll give a try then!

Quick question, how do I download the older version? I could not find 4.8.0.19

Andy2k
On 4/16/2023 at 1:08 PM, Andy2k said:

Just for information:

Using server 4.8.0.29:

8.1.1 did not saved the playback progress (most time) for me.

8.1.2 works as intended.

Clients running Kodi 20.1 on Linux (Coreelec) + Windows.

I must revise my last post. E4K 8.1.2 with beta server 4.8.0.29/30 does not reliable sync the playback status on tv-show episodes.

Syncing from Kodi to emby server works, playback/watched status will be updated on the server, but the client who played these episodes will most time switch back to a former progress state (unseen/in progress,...).

Other clients does not sync the playback progess too on startup, only if i set the last sync date eg. 1 day back i get the current playback progress in kodi.

Some times i saw following behavior: playing (or ff) a few (5-10) minutes a unwatched episode and stop it shows me for <1sec the in progress symbol, then the symbol switched back to unseen.

Im not sure what logs you need for debugging this. 

• Like 1

quickmic
2 minutes ago, Andy2k said:

I must revise my last post. E4K 8.1.2 with beta server 4.8.0.29/30 does not reliable sync the playback status on tv-show episodes.

Syncing from Kodi to emby server works, playback/watched status will be updated on the server, but the client who played these episodes will most time switch back to a former progress state (unseen/in progress,...).

Other clients does not sync the playback progess too on startup, only if i set the last sync date eg. 1 day back i get the current playback progress in kodi.

Some times i saw following behavior: playing (or ff) a few (5-10) minutes a unwatched episode and stop it shows me for <1sec the in progress symbol, then the symbol switched back to unseen.

Im not sure what logs you need for debugging this. 

Most helpful would be a reproducible test case.

Andy2k

I tested abit around with 3 clients (2x CE 20.1, 1x Windows Kodi 20.1) + Emby Server 4.8.0.30 web client.

Marking episodes as seen/unseen, playing them and stop after a few minutes or just skipping some time and stop playing - every client get the right playback status almost immediantely. So far everything is fine.

The problem (for me) is caused by the up next service. If i let play up next the next episode automatically e4k will update the progress status to seen as intended. But if i use the up next popup to play the next episode e4k reliable not sync the playback status to the server and therefor to the other clients. On the playing client the status was changed to "watched", but not on the server or the other clients.

So im not sure if this is caused by e4k or the up next service. And i cant remember if this worked with kodi 19.x and the e4k 7.x branch.   

Pejamas
49 minutes ago, Andy2k said:

I tested abit around with 3 clients (2x CE 20.1, 1x Windows Kodi 20.1) + Emby Server 4.8.0.30 web client.

Marking episodes as seen/unseen, playing them and stop after a few minutes or just skipping some time and stop playing - every client get the right playback status almost immediantely. So far everything is fine.

The problem (for me) is caused by the up next service. If i let play up next the next episode automatically e4k will update the progress status to seen as intended. But if i use the up next popup to play the next episode e4k reliable not sync the playback status to the server and therefor to the other clients. On the playing client the status was changed to "watched", but not on the server or the other clients.

So im not sure if this is caused by e4k or the up next service. And i cant remember if this worked with kodi 19.x and the e4k 7.x branch.   

This is the same issue I'm having, using upnext to play the next episode it causes sync issues. If i physically stop an episode, then play the next everything sync fine,

quickmic

I checked, seems that's an Emby server bug. Emby reports:

item['UserData'] {'PlaybackPositionTicks': 0, 'PlayCount': 0, 'IsFavorite': False, 'Played': True}

Which is actually not possible -> PlayCount = 0 but Played = True

However, I try to find a workaround.

Alphabit

+1 I am also experiencing the same issue with Kodi not getting resume position/status of watched media.
Happens for recorded live TV shows, imported shows and (iirc) also Movies.
Can provide any logs if required, just let me know what to look for.

Currently running:
Emby for Kodi Next Gen version 8.1.2
Emby Server 4.7.11.0 on Win10
Kodi 20.1.0 [2023-04-04] on macOS 12.6.5

SwanStream

Jumpin' in quick... watched status does seem to be an on-going issue... Haven't had time to dig in too much at the minute, but I can confirm that I too see things I've watched showing up as unwatched. I can provide a log, but can't point to any specific instance... lmk if that'd help.

jimbobjonesbob

Running 8.1.2,

When I run a the MLB baseball kodi addon and watch some baseball, stop it , then watch a tv episode (which is meant to come from emby) - it isn't actually connected to Emby at all. No client is showing up in the dashboard.

Perhaps there is a way to ensure that the addon reconnects to emby?

Will PM the debug log. Baseball commenced about 2.36pm. Within 10mins I attempted to play some TV.

• Like 1

quickmic
22 hours ago, jimbobjonesbob said:

Running 8.1.2,

When I run a the MLB baseball kodi addon and watch some baseball, stop it , then watch a tv episode (which is meant to come from emby) - it isn't actually connected to Emby at all. No client is showing up in the dashboard.

Perhaps there is a way to ensure that the addon reconnects to emby?

Will PM the debug log. Baseball commenced about 2.36pm. Within 10mins I attempted to play some TV.

I think I found the problem. I fix it also in next version.

• Thanks 1

SwanStream
On 4/24/2023 at 11:14 AM, SwanStream said:

Jumpin' in quick... watched status does seem to be an on-going issue... Haven't had time to dig in too much at the minute, but I can confirm that I too see things I've watched showing up as unwatched. I can provide a log, but can't point to any specific instance... lmk if that'd help.

Regarding this: When episode is finished it shows watched for a blink, then the 'update' flash notice top of screen back w/emby server and it's back to unwatched. Setting it to watched after that does seem to 'stick'... Sounds like  you've already got a handle on this one, just an FYI in case it's helpful.

• Like 1

quickmic

New version available 8.1.3:

Delta changelog 8.1.2 -> 8.1.3

fix live tv via dynamic nodes
fix watched status issue
fix issue with native Kodi content (or 3rd party plugin content)

• Like 2

quickmic
4 minutes ago, zenkichi08 said:

thank you!

so 8.1.3 addon + 4.8.0.32-beta server (rel 18h ago) should do the trick?

Do you have a specific question or are you asking about .32 upgrade?

My recommendation is still valid, probably for a long time. Don't upgrade to version higher than .19.

If you are already on a higher version, you can try the .32 too.