embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

Mookdog
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

Server on .28 and E4K on 8.1.0 with default paging, everything goes smoothly. Love the new speed.

Hey @quickmicdid the speed of scannning in the library get fixed ? Did I miss something lol

Mook

quickmic
9 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

Hey @quickmicdid the speed of scannning in the library get fixed ? Did I miss something lol

Mook

Partially, fixed...

11 hours ago, djhifi said:

Server on .28 and E4K on 8.1.0 with default paging, everything goes smoothly. Love the new speed.

You haven't seen anything yet. Wait until you it with the next server build.

• Like 2

quickmic
On 3/31/2023 at 1:24 AM, hstamas said:

Hey @quickmic

Trying to get live tv sync working and am hitting a wall right out of the gate.

I have a channel configured in Emby using the VirtualTV plugin with Embynextgen selected as the streaming method.

Configured Kodi to sync live tv but when I go into manage libraries, live tv is not there to sync.

‘this is with the latest Kodi and 8.xx of your plug in.

Any idea?

thanks

I'll check that, but first I wanna wait till Emby server beta .29 is released. Currently it's quite hard to test and I don't wanna rollback to .19 again.

hstamas
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

I'll check that, but first I wanna wait till Emby server beta .29 is released. Currently it's quite hard to test and I don't wanna rollback to .19 again.

Thanks Mic. 

I had to roll back to the 7xxx plugin and Kodi 19 to get it to pull in the info correctly. Haven't tried the combo of Kodi 19 and the 8xxx version of the plugin. I do see that nothing works with Kodi 20+. 20 and up seems to have a new setup in the Simple IPTV config where you can have multiple connection profiles. I dont think E4K understands that?

No matter how I set it up I am getting a playback error on everything Ive tried though. Haven't had any time to look into that any further.

Glyde62
On 07/02/2023 at 03:20, quickmic said:

Disclaimer:

If you decide using the delete option, IT'S YOUR RISK!
If you are using fileops on Kodi, LOOK and VERFY what Kodi is about to delete or modify. The affected folder is clearly shown in a Kodi popup message.

Wondering what is the problem with the delete feature as i use it

Glyde62
On 07/02/2023 at 03:20, quickmic said:

Disclaimer:

If you decide using the delete option, IT'S YOUR RISK!
If you are using fileops on Kodi, LOOK and VERFY what Kodi is about to delete or modify. The affected folder is clearly shown in a Kodi popup message.

Glyde62

Disclaimer:

If you decide using the delete option, IT'S YOUR RISK!
If you are using fileops on Kodi, LOOK and VERFY what Kodi is about to delete or modify. The affected folder is clearly shown in a Kodi popup message.

e2zippo

Hey @quickmic

I wanted to try out the 8.x branch, so I uninstalled the 7.x version and installed the zip file for 8.1.0.

But I can't get it to sync, it's stuck on

"Add library, TV-Shows"

I'm on Kodi 19.5.0 (CoreElec)

Emby Server Beta: 4.8.0.29

I've tried rebooting several times.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edit: Message now is "Emby Server Busy, Vacuum Database"

Ah, perhaps the server is busy right now since I just installed .29?

Just wait it out perhaps?

Edited by e2zippo

quickmic
6 hours ago, e2zippo said:

Hey @quickmic

I wanted to try out the 8.x branch, so I uninstalled the 7.x version and installed the zip file for 8.1.0.

"Add library, TV-Shows"

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Yes, probably you just need to wait. Otherwise I need a kodi.log for review.

Mookdog
7 hours ago, e2zippo said:

Hey @quickmic

"Add library, TV-Shows"

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I am running .29 on windows and through Kodi (Android) Next Gen 8.1.0 and it ran perfect. Any little activity done on the server will interrupt the scan for a few mins. I have a huge library and it only took 25 minutes to scan in. Works flawless. Thank god @quickmicand @Lukegot to the bottom of the whole scanning the library issue. Next Gen back to working great

Mook

• Thanks 1

Pejamas

Running .29 with 8.1.0 on march 30th kodi nightly and I'm getting intermittent playback state sync issues. I'll play something, stop it and kodi says it hasn't recorded progress although the emby server does (If i quit kodi, relaunch it then shows the progress).

I'll also watch something completely and kodi says its unplayed, again emby reports it as being completed (when this happens the emby dashboard doesn't report "user X has started watching etc".

Just gauging if anyone else has had any issues before I dive into logs. Could also be the nightly issue, though it was fine on .21 with 7.x

Edited by Pejamas
  • Like 1

quickmic
9 hours ago, Mookdog said:

I am running .29 on windows and through Kodi (Android) Next Gen 8.1.0 and it ran perfect. Any little activity done on the server will interrupt the scan for a few mins. I have a huge library and it only took 25 minutes to scan in. Works flawless. Thank god @quickmicand @Lukegot to the bottom of the whole scanning the library issue. Next Gen back to working great

Mook

.29 is a big leap yes, but still not on the performance level of .19

e2zippo
13 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes, probably you just need to wait. Otherwise I need a kodi.log for review.

I sent you the logfile.

I got impatient as well so I did a clean install with Kodi 20.1 just now and installed embyforkodi 8.1.0 and the system froze.

I'll see if I can grab a log again.

It was  the same in Kodi 19.5.

Not sure what's going on.

quickmic
46 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

I sent you the logfile.

I got impatient as well so I did a clean install with Kodi 20.1 just now and installed embyforkodi 8.1.0 and the system froze.

I'll see if I can grab a log again.

It was  the same in Kodi 19.5.

Not sure what's going on.

Thanks for the log, Your database is completely inconsistent from all the back an forth

Shutdown Kodi and remove EVERYTHING in kodi userdata database folder:

../userdata/Database/

BESIDE:

AddonsXX.db

ViewModesXX.db

Edited by quickmic

e2zippo
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Thanks for the log, Your database is completely inconsistent from all the back an forth

Shutdown Kodi and remove EVERYTHING in kodi userdata database folder:

../userdata/Database/

BESIDE:

AddonsXX.db

ViewModesXX.db

Seems to be working now though, without removing anything.

I suppose you checked the log from my 19.5 installation? That one could be messy I suppose.

A clean install of Kodi 20.1, installed embyforkodi, it froze, rebooted Kodi and everything synced on under a minute, and now everything looks good.

Thanks!

Edited by e2zippo

DarWun
11 hours ago, Pejamas said:

Running .29 with 8.1.0 on march 30th kodi nightly and I'm getting intermittent playback state sync issues. I'll play something, stop it and kodi says it hasn't recorded progress although the emby server does (If i quit kodi, relaunch it then shows the progress).

I'll also watch something completely and kodi says its unplayed, again emby reports it as being completed (when this happens the emby dashboard doesn't report "user X has started watching etc".

Just gauging if anyone else has had any issues before I dive into logs. Could also be the nightly issue, though it was fine on .21 with 7.x

I'm seeing exactly the same behavior. I have other issues on the server side with Emby 0.29 crashing randomly due to skia image sacanning on my Synology NAS, so I haven't been able to dive into troubleshooting E4K issues with sync yet. Hopefully I will be able to do that tonight...I'll post back with logs when I do. 

Edited by DarWun

quickmic
23 hours ago, DarWun said:

I'm seeing exactly the same behavior. I have other issues on the server side with Emby 0.29 crashing randomly due to skia image sacanning on my Synology NAS, so I haven't been able to dive into troubleshooting E4K issues with sync yet. Hopefully I will be able to do that tonight...I'll post back with logs when I do. 

Please send me a kodi.log when this happens again.

Also I still recommend using Emby server <= .19

I use .29 only as test case, not for productive.

Edited by quickmic

DarWun
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Please send me a kodi.log when this happens again.

Also I still recommend using Emby server <= .19

I use .29 only as test case, not for productive.

Will do. I had rolled back to an earlier versions on account of Beta 0.29 randomly crashing on my Synology NAS server. But it seems that a new "improved" version of Beta 0.29 was released that resolves that issue. So I'll upgrade later tonight and test with E4K to see if the sync issue still persists.

Edited by DarWun

DarWun

@quickmicI updated to the "improved" version of Beta 0.29, and have spent the last several hours catching up on episodic TV content. So far sync with E4K has been working as expected. So nothing to report for now. I'll post back if that changes.

• Like 1

quickmic

New version available 8.1.1:

Delta changelog 8.1.0 -> 8.1.1

compatibility with Emby server beta 4.8.0.29
workarounds for .29 performance issues
use async http queries (for init and startup sync)

Comment

This version is the new beta. It's also published on Emby's Kodi beta repo.

• Like 1

quickmic
On 4/6/2023 at 10:54 PM, DarWun said:

Well I found an issue related to that matter. Only happens if you seeking to the end  (e.g. from the middle of a movie seek to the end -> progress is wrong). Quite an edge case, not sure if this is the same issue.

Will be fixed in next version.

• Thanks 1

docflo7

Hi @quickmic

My add-on updated to 8.1.1 today and it seems I can't get a proper complete sync anymore. The sync gets stuck always at the same point on one music-video.  

I saw in the logs that it mentionned as a warning that this video had no artist, I tried adding one and restarted the sync, now it stops on the next music-video without artist, but I guess that's not an expected behavior, right ? 

(server is running 4.7.11.0 if that matters)

kodi.log

• Like 1

quickmic
2 hours ago, docflo7 said:

Hi @quickmic

My add-on updated to 8.1.1 today and it seems I can't get a proper complete sync anymore. The sync gets stuck always at the same point on one music-video.  

I saw in the logs that it mentionned as a warning that this video had no artist, I tried adding one and restarted the sync, now it stops on the next music-video without artist, but I guess that's not an expected behavior, right ? 

(server is running 4.7.11.0 if that matters)

kodi.log 14.86 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks, no it's not expected behavior.

I'll try cover to that issue in next version. Could you please send me the same log in debug mode (via PM, don't post it here).

btw, if no Artist detected (on Emby server), a fake Artist should be added by the plugin "NO INFO". However, looks "People" in this musicvideo are broken. Plugin crashed cause no people Id was found. My understanding is/was, this is impossible and could related to a Server content issue or something odd is going on. Therefore -> debug log necessary otherwise I could only ignore the issue and not actually review the circumstances.

As a workaround you can use 7.X from stable repo. I assume that's the one you used before.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
51 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, no it's not expected behavior.

I'll try cover to that issue in next version. Could you please send me the same log in debug mode (via PM, don't post it here).

btw, if no Artist detected (on Emby server), a fake Artist should be added by the plugin "NO INFO". However, looks "People" in this musicvideo are broken. Plugin crashed cause no people Id was found. My understanding is/was, this is impossible and could related to a Server content issue or something odd is going on. Therefore -> debug log necessary otherwise I could only ignore the issue and not actually review the circumstances.

As a workaround you can use 7.X from stable repo. I assume that's the one you used before.

Got an idea, maybe the injected fake artist is the problem. Will check it... I think 7.X just skipped the problematic file.

Edited by quickmic