embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

otarie

hey there and thank you for all your work. I have the problem of still not getting hdr/dv flags in my library views, also dts-hd shows up as plain dts for a while now. If i i start playing a video, the kodi internal player shows everything correctly. Over at the kodinerds forum I've been reading that "strHdrType" needs to be filled but stays empty. I have no real understanding of any of this stuff but thought you might be able to help. I'm on emby server 4.7.11.0 and use your latest version with mavens latest nexus build.

Let me know, if you need my logs.

quickmic
34 minutes ago, otarie said:

hey there and thank you for all your work. I have the problem of still not getting hdr/dv flags in my library views, also dts-hd shows up as plain dts for a while now. If i i start playing a video, the kodi internal player shows everything correctly. Over at the kodinerds forum I've been reading that "strHdrType" needs to be filled but stays empty. I have no real understanding of any of this stuff but thought you might be able to help. I'm on emby server 4.7.11.0 and use your latest version with mavens latest nexus build.

Let me know, if you need my logs.

Start reading here, probably also earlier posts:

otarie

I have been reading those posts at the time. Most of my library are MKVs too. I just checked the two MP4s with DV i have and the logo shows, because of the codec tag "dvhe". Emby doesnt provide a codec tag for MKVs, so i guess its not working for MKVs at the moment.

• Like 1

Mookdog
On 4/27/2023 at 9:16 AM, quickmic said:

Do you have a specific question or are you asking about .32 upgrade?

My recommendation is still valid, probably for a long time. Don't upgrade to version higher than .19.

If you are already on a higher version, you can try the .32 too.

The only thing I see wrong with the last couple versions of Next Gen and the latest beta server updates is that when u fire up kodi no matter what it will still scan in stuff u never watched. Dunno why but its like it does a library scan of stuff that is scanned in already for like a minute. Thats each and every time u restart kodi and next gen logs in. Other than that it works pretty darn good and I can usually scan in my library in about 25 mins thats 4500 movies and over 1500 tv shows

Mook

quickmic
3 hours ago, Mookdog said:

The only thing I see wrong with the last couple versions of Next Gen and the latest beta server updates is that when u fire up kodi no matter what it will still scan in stuff u never watched. Dunno why but its like it does a library scan of stuff that is scanned in already for like a minute. Thats each and every time u restart kodi and next gen logs in. Other than that it works pretty darn good and I can usually scan in my library in about 25 mins thats 4500 movies and over 1500 tv shows

Mook

I wouldn't rule out an issue, but the startup scan (also realtime scans) doesn't just include watched content. It includes changed content, this could be e.g. artwork change, people (artists) change, subtitle change etc. Actually everything Emby server modified. Could be also a folder change or permission change.

quickmic
19 hours ago, otarie said:

I have been reading those posts at the time. Most of my library are MKVs too. I just checked the two MP4s with DV i have and the logo shows, because of the codec tag "dvhe". Emby doesnt provide a codec tag for MKVs, so i guess its not working for MKVs at the moment.

You could post a feature request in Emby server section, from plugin side there is nothing I could to at the moment.

quickmic
1 minute ago, Luke said:

The server provides the codec tag value whenever ffprobe finds one.

As far as I recall, ffprobe detected the tags but Emby server (stable) didn't respect them. I'll doublecheck...

Pejamas
5 hours ago, Luke said:

The server provides the codec tag value whenever ffprobe finds one.

Interesting, so why does it not populate this tag for any HDR or DV MKV file?

17 minutes ago, Pejamas said:

Interesting, so why does it not populate this tag for any HDR or DV MKV file?

Because ffprobe does not.

Junias

Hi there,

since the update on version 8 my playlists arent functional anymore.
I added them as "dynamic node" to the main menu of my skin. When I click "playlist" there all playlists of emby are shown, but when I select a playlist Kodi is loading a time and then it happens nothing...

Is there any failure / bug?

Thanks!

quickmic
7 hours ago, Junias said:

Hi there,

since the update on version 8 my playlists arent functional anymore.
I added them as "dynamic node" to the main menu of my skin. When I click "playlist" there all playlists of emby are shown, but when I select a playlist Kodi is loading a time and then it happens nothing...

Is there any failure / bug?

Thanks!

I checked, and works fine on my setup.

Which emby server version are you using?

Also please send me a kodi.log for review, thanks.

Junias
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

I checked, and works fine on my setup.

Which emby server version are you using?

Also please send me a kodi.log for review, thanks.

mh, ok...
Server Version is on Version 4.7.11.0

Try to get a log this evening...

Edited by Junias
  • Like 1

LittleWizard

To me, as already told, from versione 8.1.2 resume points are not always reliable.

Yesterday I started a movie. Today no resume point.

Last working was 8.1.1.

I attach log file.

The movie is "La pazza storia del mondo"

Kodi.old.log is yesterday when I first watched the movie

Kodi.log is this evening when it doesn't resume but told me that it was not in progress.

Thanks!

kodi.log kodi.old.log

On 4/29/2023 at 7:05 PM, Pejamas said:

So is this a limitation within ffprobe itself?

Yes although the upcoming 4.8 release has a newer build and therefore there will be improvements to this.

• Like 1

quickmic
8 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

To me, as already told, from versione 8.1.2 resume points are not always reliable.

Yesterday I started a movie. Today no resume point.

Last working was 8.1.1.

I attach log file.

The movie is "La pazza storia del mondo"

Kodi.old.log is yesterday when I first watched the movie

Kodi.log is this evening when it doesn't resume but told me that it was not in progress.

Thanks!

kodi.log 79 kB · 0 downloads kodi.old.log 211.18 kB · 0 downloads

Any pattern? I see, Kodi reports crap "PlayBackPosition invalid timestamp: Result={'time': {'hours': 0, 'milliseconds': -162, 'minutes': 0, 'seconds': 0}}"

Are you playing remote content? (External http or strm file).

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
31 minutes ago, LittleWizard said:

No, I play mkv from my NAS, internal LAN, as usual.

ok, how often does this happen? Could be tricky to debug without a specific test case. Is it reproducible with the same file?

xylsss

Hi. Is there a setting that allows you to remember the audio stream, provided that the movie is not watched to the end. Since when you continue watching, the first audio stream from the list is played.

Junias
On 5/2/2023 at 9:02 AM, Junias said:

mh, ok...
Server Version is on Version 4.7.11.0

Try to get a log this evening...

Hi there,

here is a kodi.log (without debug mode).
Just started Kodi, tryed to open a playlist and exit kodi.

Hope it helps.

kodi.log

• Like 1

LittleWizard
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

ok, how often does this happen? Could be tricky to debug without a specific test case. Is it reproducible with the same file?

No, it seems not to be reproducible.

It seems to me that the problem started with 8.1.2

If this will continue I'll try reverting to 8.1.1 to see if this os fixed or not.

I'll try also resetting addon one more time

• Like 1

quickmic
7 hours ago, Junias said:

Hi there,

here is a kodi.log (without debug mode).
Just started Kodi, tryed to open a playlist and exit kodi.

Hope it helps.

kodi.log 89.48 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, that's an audio playlist generating the issue. I only checked video playlists. Also I can see what's wrong, will be fixed in next version.

Junias
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, that's an audio playlist generating the issue. I only checked video playlists. Also I can see what's wrong, will be fixed in next version.

perfect, thanks!

otarie
On 02/05/2023 at 21:49, Luke said:

Yes although the upcoming 4.8 release has a newer build and therefore there will be improvements to this.

Thank you for clearing that up. Any chance the emby beta server is using a different version off ffprobe? Like i said, i also just get a dts flag instead of dts-hd for all of my files.