Delta changelog 8.0.4 -> 8.1.0

fix rare sync issue
compatibility with Emby server beta 4.8.0.27
add HDR flag in Kodi's dynamic listitems
add HDR flag in Kodi's database
fix audio sync issue
fix subtitle issue

Comment:
Mandatory database reset will be automatically triggered.
This version is not tested with Emby server stable, but should not cause any issues.
There are still performance issues with .27, but paging can now be increased to default value (70) or higher.
Finally, this version is not very well tested yet, but I think better a quick release and people can work with .27

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rwinstock

Hey Quickmic

Just dropping a note to say this version appears to be working well for me:

• Windows Client
  • Kodi v20.1
  • Plugin 8.1.0
  • Emby Server 4.8.0.27

I was going to say "Enhanced Art isn't working", but looking closer, it's a problem in Emby Server with CoverArt 4.1.21.0 not working and not E4K!

I am going back to Emby Server 4.8.0.19 and E4K Plugin 8.0.4 for normal use, but will keep the test server & client ready for when things settle down

Regards

Rich

• Like 1

Andy2k

server 4.8.0.29

E4Kng 8.1.0 (defaults, paging 70)

I can believe it.....init sync on my movies work, on tv-shows work, kodi get the progress, last added info on movies, tv-shows, last played on music.....😂😂😂👍

• Like 1

SwanStream

🚬Anyone have a cigarette? that was the most satisfying init sync I've had in a long, long, long time. Cheers @quickmicand @Lukeand gang for the effort(s) and attempts to get this resolved.

Emby 4.8.0.27 (@Andy2k has .29 listed but I suspect it's also .27 ?)

and this 8.1 plugin seems to work nice.

Quickmic - I see several more options in the 8.x version config... any documentation available to explain the various settings that don't seem obvious (to me)?

Mookdog
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available 8.1.0:

Delta changelog 8.0.4 -> 8.1.0

fix rare sync issue
compatibility with Emby server beta 4.8.0.27
add HDR flag in Kodi's dynamic listitems
add HDR flag in Kodi's database
fix audio sync issue
fix subtitle issue

Comment:
Mandatory database reset will be automatically triggered.
This version is not tested with Emby server stable, but should not cause any issues.
There are still performance issues with .27, but paging can now be increased to default value (70) or higher.
Finally, this version is not very well tested yet, but I think better a quick release and people can work with .27

Just tested with stable release @quickmicworks perfectly with stable

Mook

quickmic
20 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

any documentation available to explain the various settings that don't seem obvious (to me)?

There are still (major) performance issues. e.g. the Startup sync is terribly slow. I know what's the problem (on server side) and I write workarounds whereever I can into the plugin.

The core problem is still on the server.

This task is priority number one. After that, I continue the "regular" improvements including documentation.

• Like 1

SwanStream
53 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes, I can see on a slower PC machine I'm init syncing now and it is far slower than my main HTPC. It may be local HorsePower related, but I can also see some "larger (more items) library it seems to freeze (left it for 30min or so before restarting)... so I'm seeing a few issues... but the direction is positive... 

I'm not sure if what I'm seeing on this box is useful, but I can shoot logs if you're eager for those.... lmk.

quickmic
11 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Yes, I can see on a slower PC machine I'm init syncing now and it is far slower than my main HTPC. It may be local HorsePower related, but I can also see some "larger (more items) library it seems to freeze (left it for 30min or so before restarting)... so I'm seeing a few issues... but the direction is positive... 

I'm not sure if what I'm seeing on this box is useful, but I can shoot logs if you're eager for those.... lmk.

No need to debug, I'm in contact with server devs. I hope they address the issue.

Andy2k
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

There are still (major) performance issues. e.g. the Startup sync is terribly slow. I know what's the problem (on server side) and I write workarounds whereever I can into the plugin.

This task is priority number one. After that, I continue the "regular" improvements including documentation.

Hi, i had not the feeling init syncing was slow on my test this morning. With the default paging 70 all my libs was synced within 15min on my test client. Much much faster than with my last init sync monthes before with paging 5;)

But maybe i just forgot the <=4.8.0.19 performance;)

hstamas

Hey @quickmic

Trying to get live tv sync working and am hitting a wall right out of the gate.

I have a channel configured in Emby using the VirtualTV plugin with Embynextgen selected as the streaming method.

Configured Kodi to sync live tv but when I go into manage libraries, live tv is not there to sync.

‘this is with the latest Kodi and 8.xx of your plug in.

Any idea?

thanks

djhifi

Running server version .21 and E4K 8.1.0, the database reset is prompting and everything goes well when I relaunch KODI and select libraries, but the scan eventually finishes with only 20% of everything scanned.

I'm trying again but only selecting Movies to see what happens.

EDIT: Not working. Maybe because server is still .21? Kodi log attached.

Will update to .28 and try again.

kodi.log

Edited by djhifi

quickmic
4 hours ago, djhifi said:

Running server version .21 and E4K 8.1.0, the database reset is prompting and everything goes well when I relaunch KODI and select libraries, but the scan eventually finishes with only 20% of everything scanned.

I'm trying again but only selecting Movies to see what happens.

EDIT: Not working. Maybe because server is still .21? Kodi log attached.

Will update to .28 and try again.

kodi.log 2.17 MB · 0 downloads

Yes quite sure it's related to .21. Server times out ->

2023-03-31 01:55:15.090 T:24295   error <general>: EMBY.emby.http: [ ServerReadTimeout ]

Lower the sync paging to 1 - 5, but actually you should upgrade to .27, yes.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
3 hours ago, Pejamas said:

I can't get the HDR codec flags to appear, not sure if im missing something.

How Kodi shows the tags is up to Kodi skin. If the tags are set depends on Emby server information.

The plugin uses the codec tags from Emby server:

"hvc1" means in Kodi terms: "hdr10"

"dvhe" means "dolbyvision"

If the info is not available on Emby server, the plugin will not set the tag.

"hlg" is currently never set, cause Emby server never reported a codec tag for hlg in my tests.

If you know the codec tag for hlg, I'll add this too.

hdr.png

Edited by quickmic

Pejamas
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

How Kodi shows the tags is up to Kodi skin. If the tags are set depends on Emby server information.

The plugin uses the codec tags from Emby server:

"hvc1" means in Kodi terms: "hdr10"

"dvhe" means "dolbyvision"

If the info is not available on Emby server, the plugin will not set the tag.

"hlg" is currently never set, cause Emby server never reported a codec tag for hlg in my tests.

If you know the codec tag for hlg, I'll add this too.

hdr.png

I see the issue now, I don't have any codec tags in my library files. I'm assuming this is something I need to manually add, using the tag editing tool for example?

Pejamas

Should also mention All my HDR/DV files are MKV. In the mediainfo section of the files like in your photo both Dolby Vision and HDR10 are listed in the Video Range field.

PXL_20230331_085845969.jpg

PXL_20230331_085902893.jpg

Edited by Pejamas
Add pics

quickmic
Just now, Pejamas said:

Should also mention All my HDR/DV files are MKV. In the mediainfo section of the files like in your photo both Dolby Vision and HDR10 are listed in the Video Range field.

Well this is maybe a question for Server devs. I assume this info is automatically detect by Servers ffmpeg analysis. I doubt that this can be set manually.

Pejamas
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

Well this is maybe a question for Server devs. I assume this info is automatically detect by Servers ffmpeg analysis. I doubt that this can be set manually.

I edited my previous comment to add photos, but yeah guess its above my head. Not a big deal since I custom make all my posters to show the 4k/dv banner anyway.

quickmic
5 minutes ago, Pejamas said:

I edited my previous comment to add photos, but yeah guess its above my head. Not a big deal since I custom make all my posters to show the 4k/dv banner anyway.

Another way to tag videos is by filename. Somthing like  name (2019)(1080p).imax.hdr.10bit.atmos.mkv

https://kodi.wiki/view/Media_flags

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=366049

Don't ask for details, this is Kodi stuff and I'm not using those tags in filenames. But the plugin supports filenaming tags

LittleWizard

I'm using 8.1 on android shield tv pro and a raspberry pi 4 libreelec, seems to work very very well. Subs are finally ok! I decided to quit kodi on android before standby, so don't know if it still has problems when active in standby.

markdj

Does anyone have any idea why Emby in add-on mode stutters unless I transcode? When in native mode everything works flawlessly.

djhifi
On 3/31/2023 at 5:33 AM, quickmic said:

Yes quite sure it's related to .21. Server times out ->

2023-03-31 01:55:15.090 T:24295   error <general>: EMBY.emby.http: [ ServerReadTimeout ]

Lower the sync paging to 1 - 5, but actually you should upgrade to .27, yes.

Server on .28 and E4K on 8.1.0 with default paging, everything goes smoothly. Love the new speed.

Regarding "Watch Together" how does it work? I pulled the context menu on 2 of my Shields and no users appear.

I also have "Add Client" on the context menu, but also, nothing shows up.

Am I missing any toggles somewhere else?

Edited by djhifi

quickmic
16 minutes ago, djhifi said:

Server on .28 and E4K on 8.1.0 with default paging, everything goes smoothly. Love the new speed.

Regarding "Watch Together" how does it work? I pulled the context menu on 2 of my Shields and no users appear.

I also have "Add Client" on the context menu, but also, nothing shows up.

Am I missing any toggles somewhere else?

Master user needs admin privileges

djhifi
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Master user needs admin privileges

Can you be more specific? Where? On KODI there is no such option in "Profiles" for the Master User

EDIT: Turns out I didn't have "Master User" profile logged in KODI. Maybe this was something enforced back in the old days of E4K?

Once I logged the Master User, now the clients show up. But they only show up on one of my KODI's not on the others, is this the expected behavior?

Edited by djhifi

quickmic
8 hours ago, djhifi said:

is this the expected behavior?

No and never had that.