embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

LittleWizard

Sadly no, i can't reproduce.

It happens randomly and not very frequently.

What happens frequently is that kody stuck / hang on stop / end of video also without UpNext.

Maybe worth trying a clean installation of kody?

quickmic
8 minutes ago, LittleWizard said:

Maybe worth trying a clean installation of kody?

Keep the setup, actually I wanna know what causes the problem.

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 8.2.0:

Delta changelog 8.1.4 -> 8.2.0

support livetv channel numbers
improve Emby server queries
improve playlist nodes
several minor fixes
fix disable image enhancers
some performance improvements

Comment:
A mandatory database reset required.

Tested with Emby server 4.8.0.37 beta. According to my tests, performance is finally back to the same level as <=.19.

Thanks to @Lukeaddressing the issues. If you are still on Emby server beta .19, I think it's save to upgrade. Anyway, if you do so take a FULL backup of Emby server. Otherwise not possible to downgrade if you run into issues.

• Thanks 7

Andy2k

I can confirm the sync speed (with beta server .37) is back to the old <=.19 performance. E4Kng 8.2.0 on Windows and Linux systems.

Thanks for the great work @Luke & @quickmic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Centory

Hi @quickmicWhen i watch a movie with Kodi (Coreelec) it is not displayed under activities, yesterday i have watched two movies, but nothing is displayed.

Is this normal or is this not embyforkodi related and it is server dependent?

Server version 4.8.0.37 - e4k version 8.1.1 - 8.1.4

After database reset with version 8.2.0 it works normal, sorry.

Edited by Centory
  • Like 1

quickmic

I found a bug in 8.2.0. When a Boxset was updated, it could lead to a permanent sync issue. -> Once this happens, content will not be synced anymore. Will be fixed in next version.

Gizzmo80

Do you mean updated = content or metadata of a boxset or even syncing boxsets?

I have the issue but I think there was no data upgrade to my boxsets, but with deleting database and doing a new sync boxsets were updated.

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 8.2.1:

Delta changelog 8.2.0 -> 8.2.1

improve live tv sync
fix BoxSet startup sync issue

Comment:

LiveTV only tested with iptvsimple (pvr) version >=20

@Gizzmo80Try this version, no need to re-sync or anything else. If the issue still appears, send me a kodi.log for review.

quickmic
On 5/20/2023 at 11:12 AM, LittleWizard said:

Hi.

Again problems on stop.

This time I opened the film "luci della ribalta" whic had a resume point.

I watched few minutes than stopped about in the middle of the film.

After stopped the film disappeared from Watching status end marked as watched with no resume point.

Then I reopened and jumped ahead to find my resume point and stopped again to save it (this time successfully).

You can see stop with no resume saved at line 642 of the LOG (if i'm correct).

This happened also in othe few times with 8.1 an later.

Also still have hangs of kodi on stop or also hangs of kodi when the movie or show has reached the end and should return to kodi interface.

I attach a log in which it hangs at the end (and I had to froce close with android task manager), hope it is the right log (quite sure, but not totally sure).

In the log the nas is addressed by its DDNS name because so I can use the player also outside my home, but I think that my router correctly keep trnasmission in the lan because pinging that DDNS name has 0ms ov delay.

Is there any option in Embyforkodi plugin I should tweak to make it more tollerant (I'm not sure but I also suspect that a defective HDD on the NAS could generate delays sometimes).

I'm investiganting in such hadd because actually Western digital monitor tells me about lot of read errors. My nas is in redundant RAID anyway.

Sorry for the long post 🙂

Luci della ribalta, lost resume point on stop.log 226.29 kB · 1 download kodi hangs on end of video.log 175.6 kB · 1 download

I was able to track the issue. Currently not sure why it happens but I'll write at least a workaround in next version.

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 8.2.2:

Delta changelog 8.2.1 -> 8.2.2

fix progress reset issue
fix artwork compression issue
fix minor artwork query issue

Comment:

Please report if the progress update issues still appears.

jimbobjonesbob

Not sure if this was an issue before, but I was on 8.1.4 and I noticed that the skip intro stopped working.

Upgraded to 8.2.2 today and it's working again.

• Like 1

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 8.2.3:

Delta changelog 8.2.2 -> 8.2.3

fix hls-streams when using (Kodi's) path substitution
faster hls-streams init
redefine modi in plugins config menu. Basic and standard mode only shows essential functions (user frendlyness)
skip intro default enabled
add option to limit artwork size
add option to define the artwork compression level
fix remote playback photos
fix database close issue
improve sync pause
fix remote playback focus screens
improve incremental sync performance
add translations

Comment:

This version is not tested on Kodi 19. Please report if there are issues.

Edited by quickmic

jimbobjonesbob
On 5/29/2023 at 4:42 AM, quickmic said:

This version is not tested on Kodi 19. Please report if there are issues.

I am in Kodi 19. I can't seem to recreate it right now, but I noticed today that all my tv from yesterday is not in the Emby activity log. I tried playing something just now, and the client did not show up in Emby.

I turned debugging on and rebooted, and then tried playing content from a 3rd party app, but Emby clients are showing up okay. So not sure what is causing it yet, but for aprox 24 hours on this latest release my client wasn't connected to Emby.

Edited by jimbobjonesbob
  • Like 1

quickmic

I keep an eye on that, but without a test case there is nothing I can work with. I'll run a few tests.

Edited by quickmic

jimbobjonesbob
19 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I keep an eye on that, but without a test case there is nothing I can work with. I'll run a few tests.

yeah I know :(

today I ran a 3rd party app for an hour while I was out, then played a show. everything working fine so far. Will keep an eye on it. I did notice last night the skip intro wasn't working and I thought that's odd, but makes sense now that I know it disconnected somehow.

quickmic
4 minutes ago, jimbobjonesbob said:

yeah I know :(

today I ran a 3rd party app for an hour while I was out, then played a show. everything working fine so far. Will keep an eye on it. I did notice last night the skip intro wasn't working and I thought that's odd, but makes sense now that I know it disconnected somehow.

The skip intro function has nothing todo with that. It's synced to Kodi.

Not sure what the connectivity log reports, but I assume it is related to the websocket connection and/or playback session reports from the plugin.

jimbobjonesbob
10 minutes ago, quickmic said:

The skip intro function has nothing todo with that. It's synced to Kodi.

Ah, but since Emby has to run the task 'detect episode intros', if a new episode was added and that task had not run, and the client was then disconnected, it wouldn't be able to get the information from Emby as to what to skip.

That's what I was thinking. Unless the skp intro included in the nextgen addon is totally separate from the emby task mentioned above.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on the connectivity.

Edited by jimbobjonesbob

quickmic
28 minutes ago, jimbobjonesbob said:

Ah, but since Emby has to run the task 'detect episode intros', if a new episode was added and that task had not run, and the client was then disconnected, it wouldn't be able to get the information from Emby as to what to skip.

You are right, if it was a newly detected intros it needs to be synced.

KRONZO

i'm trying to get local trailers to work with native mode, but it seeks to always go for youtube, and i'm having trouble with the youtube addon.

what settings in emby and emby next gen need to be enabled for local trailers to work in kodi ?

right now I just get media failed to play

my trailers are in a trailers folder in the movie directory and it works in emby webclient

• Agree 1

rav3ndk
3 hours ago, KRONZO said:

i'm trying to get local trailers to work with native mode, but it seeks to always go for youtube, and i'm having trouble with the youtube addon.

what settings in emby and emby next gen need to be enabled for local trailers to work in kodi ?

right now I just get media failed to play

my trailers are in a trailers folder in the movie directory and it works in emby webclient

Having same issue. I reported issue of local trailers never working in 8.1.3 and it was solved in next version but not completely.

As far as I have been able to figure out, the problem occurs if the NFO file is created and media synced to Kodi before local trailer is put in folder. If I delete the movie from Emby after I have placed local trailer with media, then rescan library to add movie again and finally sync to Kodi again - then local trailer works. 

However, it should be possible to always prioritize local trailer above any YouTube link in NFO. Alternative could be the option to be able to exclude YouTube trailer links in NFO.

quickmic
24 minutes ago, rav3ndk said:

Having same issue. I reported issue of local trailers never working in 8.1.3 and it was solved in next version but not completely.

As far as I have been able to figure out, the problem occurs if the NFO file is created and media synced to Kodi before local trailer is put in folder. If I delete the movie from Emby after I have placed local trailer with media, then rescan library to add movie again and finally sync to Kodi again - then local trailer works. 

However, it should be possible to always prioritize local trailer above any YouTube link in NFO. Alternative could be the option to be able to exclude YouTube trailer links in NFO.

NFO's are not in used by the plugin, also local trailers have priority one while sync. Remote trailers are the fallback.

NFO's are only used by Emby server or you run the plugin in native mode. In this case it's up to Kodi how to handle nfos.

LittleWizard
On 5/20/2023 at 1:28 PM, quickmic said:

Keep the setup, actually I wanna know what causes the problem.

Happened again. Watching a movie.

Stopped it and after a while it marked it as watched instead of updating resume point.

I watched the same movie in the past days and no problem with resume so it is not file releated.

Also with latest addon kodi seems not to remeber subs selected before stopping and resume with no subs selected (but no more duplicated subs like few versions ago).

Log attached.

kodi.log