embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

1 hour ago, otarie said:

Thank you for clearing that up. Any chance the emby beta server is using a different version off ffprobe? Like i said, i also just get a dts flag instead of dts-hd for all of my files.

Yes it does.

bozrdnag

I am having a problem with local trailers on Kodi and I think it might be because of Emby for Kodi Nextgen.  My problem is that whenever I try to play a trailer through Kodi, I get a message that it can't be found on Youtube.  I get this message even though I have a local trailer.  I have tried everything I can think of and read the Kodi wiki.  I have disabled Enable Trailer (YouTube) in Kodi's scraper and I deleted all nfo files.  After doing that I even reset the Kodi db through E4K and it rebuilt the db.  The problem still persists.

I have inspected both Kodi's and Emby's db and indeed E4K seems to be syncing over the Youtube link that is in Emby's db.  But if I play the trailer in Emby, it plays my local trailer rather than the Youtube trailer.  If I delete the Youtube trailer entry from the Kodi db, then Kodi will play my local trailer.  Is there any way to get E4K to stop syncing the trailer link?

quickmic
3 hours ago, bozrdnag said:

I am having a problem with local trailers on Kodi and I think it might be because of Emby for Kodi Nextgen.  My problem is that whenever I try to play a trailer through Kodi, I get a message that it can't be found on Youtube.  I get this message even though I have a local trailer.  I have tried everything I can think of and read the Kodi wiki.  I have disabled Enable Trailer (YouTube) in Kodi's scraper and I deleted all nfo files.  After doing that I even reset the Kodi db through E4K and it rebuilt the db.  The problem still persists.

I have inspected both Kodi's and Emby's db and indeed E4K seems to be syncing over the Youtube link that is in Emby's db.  But if I play the trailer in Emby, it plays my local trailer rather than the Youtube trailer.  If I delete the Youtube trailer entry from the Kodi db, then Kodi will play my local trailer.  Is there any way to get E4K to stop syncing the trailer link?

Seems to be a common problem:

https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.video.youtube/issues/442

bozrdnag

I understand that the youtube videos not playing has nothing to do with E4K.  I am wondering if E4K is supposed to sync the youtube trailer link to the Kodi Db even where there's a local trailer.  If so, would be be simple enough to add an option to not sync trailer data?  It's that youtube link being put into the Kodi db that keeps Kodi from playing the local trailers.

quickmic
On 5/6/2023 at 12:56 AM, bozrdnag said:

I understand that the youtube videos not playing has nothing to do with E4K.  I am wondering if E4K is supposed to sync the youtube trailer link to the Kodi Db even where there's a local trailer.  If so, would be be simple enough to add an option to not sync trailer data?  It's that youtube link being put into the Kodi db that keeps Kodi from playing the local trailers.

Youtube needs extra treatment (APIs), it's not possible by simply dropping a link. More like a youtube downloader.

Andy2k

Hi,

since i use the the 8.x.x branch "syncing theme media" does not work anymore.

Current setup: E4K 8.1.3 on Windows and Coreelec (Kodi 20.1), Emby Server beta 8.4.0.34, but the last few E4K and beta server versions had the same problem.

Both linking and downloading theme media files (tested audio only) lead to progress stuck at 0% and the first movie file.

I remember the 7.x.x branch (with an older beta server) was working monthes ago. Since i not use these function on a regular base i cant say since when it stopped workiong, and im not sure if it is a plugin or a server problem.

Audio themes still working on the emby server web interface and emby theater windows.

kodi.old.log

• Like 1

quickmic
6 hours ago, Andy2k said:

Hi,

Current setup: E4K 8.1.3 on Windows and Coreelec (Kodi 20.1), Emby Server beta 8.4.0.34, but the last few E4K and beta server versions had the same problem.

Both linking and downloading theme media files (tested audio only) lead to progress stuck at 0% and the first movie file.

I remember the 7.x.x branch (with an older beta server) was working monthes ago. Since i not use these function on a regular base i cant say since when it stopped workiong, and im not sure if it is a plugin or a server problem.

Audio themes still working on the emby server web interface and emby theater windows.

kodi.old.log 125.95 kB · 1 download

It's a plugin issue, I'll fix it in next version.

• Like 1

bozrdnag
16 hours ago, quickmic said:

Youtube needs extra treatment (APIs), it's not possible by simply dropping a link. More like a youtube downloader.

I'm not sure what you mean.  If I go into Kodi's db and manually remove the Youtube trailer link, Kodi then plays my local trailers just fine.  The Youtube link seems to be put there by E4K.  So if E4K stoped syncing the trailer info (Youtube link), then Kodi would play my local trailers without issue.

quickmic
5 hours ago, bozrdnag said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  If I go into Kodi's db and manually remove the Youtube trailer link, Kodi then plays my local trailers just fine.  The Youtube link seems to be put there by E4K.  So if E4K stoped syncing the trailer info (Youtube link), then Kodi would play my local trailers without issue.

I thought you mean fixing youtube, anyway the local trailes should also be fixed in next version.

• Like 1

quickmic
On 5/8/2023 at 12:14 PM, Andy2k said:

Hi,

kodi.old.log 125.95 kB · 1 download

I check the sync, works fine on my setup. Seems some themes are broken on your server, however. Next version will ignore those issues.

• Like 1

LittleWizard

I have several hangs of kodi on stop action.

I don't know if it's emby related, but seems to be appeared when I switched to embyforkody 8.x (but in the meantime I also switched from koi 19 to kodi 20...)

I attach several logs related to that problem.

Kodi hang on android (Shield) 2.log Kodi hang on android (Shield) 3.log Kodi hang on android (Shield) 4.log Kodi hang on android (Shield) 5.log Kodi hang on android (Shield) 6.log Kodi hang on android (Shield).log RASPBERRY HANG ON STOP 01_KODI.log

quickmic
11 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

I checked the logs.

A lot of them shows you are using old (raspi very old) 8.X versions. Please update the plugins.

Second, I see "Remote content verification" in you logs. This means, Emby reports remote content (actually not a problem), but I need to know what kind of content are you playing.

At the moment I cannot find any issues on playback stop. Only suspicions case was in your raspi log, but you are using 8.0.4 version there. Also I don't see anything which could delay the playback stop from plugin side.

I continue review, maybe I find something.

Please also disable "upnext" plugin and check if this may cause the issue.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New version available 8.1.4:

Delta changelog 8.1.3 -> 8.1.4

several fixes for dynamic/hybrid nodes
fix music playlist issue
fix local trailers
fix themes
add relative seek position support (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/118597-new-seekrelative-remote-control-command/)
fix settings persistence (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/118572-issue-to-memorize-kodi-video-settings-with-native-path-and-default/)
change content queries for better Emby server >.19 support

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

LittleWizard
On 5/11/2023 at 10:56 AM, quickmic said:

I checked the logs.

A lot of them shows you are using old (raspi very old) 8.X versions. Please update the plugins.

Second, I see "Remote content verification" in you logs. This means, Emby reports remote content (actually not a problem), but I need to know what kind of content are you playing.

At the moment I cannot find any issues on playback stop. Only suspicions case was in your raspi log, but you are using 8.0.4 version there. Also I don't see anything which could delay the playback stop from plugin side.

I continue review, maybe I find something.

Please also disable "upnext" plugin and check if this may cause the issue.

Old plugin because the problem started with very first 8.x and continued among the versions. So I collect a few of them. I play files from my nas in local lan. Already tried disabling up next but did't fix the problem. It freeze also when I play stop before upnext popup, also when I'm in the middle of the movie for example.

Andy2k

E4Kng 8.1.14 / beta server 4.8.0.35 /libraries removed and re-added

After Luke announced some more performance tuning for server version 4.8.0.35+ i did a test on my testing client.

So far syncing movies looks very fast, but i saw BoxSets now will be synced again on a movie (init) scan.

And this is horrible slow....around 10sec sync time for one box set. Not sure if its server or plugin related, but i remember a few weeks ago i had to manualy sync the Boxsets via plugin menue. So i guess boxset syncing is re-introduced in the 8.1.x branch now.

Not sure if you need some kodi / server logs to debug this.

Edited by Andy2k

Seger
On 5/14/2023 at 6:15 PM, Seger said:

@LittleWizard, I have the same behaviour. But I have just discovered a new version of Next up, so maybe it will help. I'll keep testing and may report back with a log.

https://github.com/im85288/service.upnext/releases/tag/v1.1.9

@LittleWizard

I have found the error, it is due to nextup and will not be fixed with the new version. In the settings of Nextup, there is the setting "Show stop button" instead of "Close". If you deactivate this, it works again.

image.thumb.png.36cac8a04415fee1442c92272540147c.png

Many greetings

Seger 

Seger

and additionally "use bug" in emby next generation has to be deactivated, which causes the next episode not to be played.

LittleWizard

Don't think this is the same problem.

Mine happens also with next up disabled.

And also happens when I stop in the middle of the film.

I only disabled next up, not uninstalled, but I imagine is the same.

Today just had a new hang on stop with next up disabled.

My hangs are about 1 time on 10 stops.

They are almost on Android shield tv. On raspberry libreelec (similar config) didn't happen (only once long time ago).

quickmic
On 5/15/2023 at 8:25 PM, Andy2k said:

E4Kng 8.1.14 / beta server 4.8.0.35 /libraries removed and re-added

After Luke announced some more performance tuning for server version 4.8.0.35+ i did a test on my testing client.

So far syncing movies looks very fast, but i saw BoxSets now will be synced again on a movie (init) scan.

And this is horrible slow....around 10sec sync time for one box set. Not sure if its server or plugin related, but i remember a few weeks ago i had to manualy sync the Boxsets via plugin menue. So i guess boxset syncing is re-introduced in the 8.1.x branch now.

Not sure if you need some kodi / server logs to debug this.

I tested .36. Looks  good performance wise, still I experience some other issues/bugs. But I think Luke is on the right track.

Also I'll add some performance improvements in next plugin version.

Edited by quickmic

xylsss
On 5/12/2023 at 7:16 PM, quickmic said:

New version available 8.1.4:

Delta changelog 8.1.3 -> 8.1.4

several fixes for dynamic/hybrid nodes
fix music playlist issue
fix local trailers
fix themes
add relative seek position support (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/118597-new-seekrelative-remote-control-command/)
fix settings persistence (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/118572-issue-to-memorize-kodi-video-settings-with-native-path-and-default/)
change content queries for better Emby server >.19 support

Great release. I wrote a few pages ago about the problem of audio tracks, but then no one answered me. But now there really is no problem. Are there any plans to fix tracks for TV series as well? That is, when choosing a track, say for the first series, this track will be picked up automatically in the next series.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
9 hours ago, xylsss said:

Are there any plans to fix tracks for TV series as well? That is, when choosing a track, say for the first series, this track will be picked up automatically in the next series.

Not sure if I can follow. Do you mean Kodi's autoplay next function? Maybe a screenshot would help.

LittleWizard

Hi.

Again problems on stop.

This time I opened the film "luci della ribalta" whic had a resume point.

I watched few minutes than stopped about in the middle of the film.

After stopped the film disappeared from Watching status end marked as watched with no resume point.

Then I reopened and jumped ahead to find my resume point and stopped again to save it (this time successfully).

You can see stop with no resume saved at line 642 of the LOG (if i'm correct).

This happened also in othe few times with 8.1 an later.

Also still have hangs of kodi on stop or also hangs of kodi when the movie or show has reached the end and should return to kodi interface.

I attach a log in which it hangs at the end (and I had to froce close with android task manager), hope it is the right log (quite sure, but not totally sure).

In the log the nas is addressed by its DDNS name because so I can use the player also outside my home, but I think that my router correctly keep trnasmission in the lan because pinging that DDNS name has 0ms ov delay.

Is there any option in Embyforkodi plugin I should tweak to make it more tollerant (I'm not sure but I also suspect that a defective HDD on the NAS could generate delays sometimes).

I'm investiganting in such hadd because actually Western digital monitor tells me about lot of read errors. My nas is in redundant RAID anyway.

Sorry for the long post 🙂

Luci della ribalta, lost resume point on stop.log kodi hangs on end of video.log

quickmic
57 minutes ago, LittleWizard said:

Hi.

Again problems on stop.

This time I opened the film "luci della ribalta" whic had a resume point.

I watched few minutes than stopped about in the middle of the film.

After stopped the film disappeared from Watching status end marked as watched with no resume point.

Then I reopened and jumped ahead to find my resume point and stopped again to save it (this time successfully).

You can see stop with no resume saved at line 642 of the LOG (if i'm correct).

This happened also in othe few times with 8.1 an later.

Also still have hangs of kodi on stop or also hangs of kodi when the movie or show has reached the end and should return to kodi interface.

I attach a log in which it hangs at the end (and I had to froce close with android task manager), hope it is the right log (quite sure, but not totally sure).

In the log the nas is addressed by its DDNS name because so I can use the player also outside my home, but I think that my router correctly keep trnasmission in the lan because pinging that DDNS name has 0ms ov delay.

Is there any option in Embyforkodi plugin I should tweak to make it more tollerant (I'm not sure but I also suspect that a defective HDD on the NAS could generate delays sometimes).

I'm investiganting in such hadd because actually Western digital monitor tells me about lot of read errors. My nas is in redundant RAID anyway.

Sorry for the long post 🙂

Luci della ribalta, lost resume point on stop.log 226.29 kB · 0 downloads kodi hangs on end of video.log 175.6 kB · 0 downloads

Luci della ribalta, lost resume point on stop.log:

The Id is "151516:

On Kodi start, this movie was updated.

2023-05-18 21:33:14.386 T:12505    info <general>: EMBY.core.movies: UPDATE movie [2 / 8220 / 1062] 151516: Luci della ribalta

Playback started:

2023-05-18 21:33:44.838 T:12362    info <general>: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/66a438e62d904399a48d79b97e67648c/4/m-151516-b0ff59f85f9fa88fbc38e9e56b802e67-1062-8220-0-1-0-0-0-1-h264-6287873-ac3-192000--Luci_della_ribalta__1952___Chaplin_SD.h264.ita.eng.fre_.mkv

Position seems to be ok:

2023-05-18 21:33:49.079 T:12504    info <general>: Emby.hooks.websocket: [ UserDataChanged ] [{'PlayedPercentage': 52.4352820656238, 'PlaybackPositionTicks': 41398620000, 'PlayCount': 7, 'IsFavorite': True, 'LastPlayedDate': '2023-05-18T19:33:48.0000000Z', 'Played': False, 'ItemId': '151516'}]

Playback stopped:

2023-05-18 21:37:18.980 T:13042    info <general>: Deleting settings information for files http://127.0.0.1:57342/movies/66a438e62d904399a48d79b97e67648c/4/m-151516-b0ff59f85f9fa88fbc38e9e56b802e67-1062-8220-0-1-0-0-0-1-h264-6287873-ac3-192000--Luci_della_ribalta__1952___Chaplin_SD.h264.ita.eng.fre_.mkv

Last playback report to Emby server, correct:

2023-05-18 21:37:19.040 T:12484    info <general>: EMBY.hooks.player: [ played info ] {'CanSeek': True, 'QueueableMediaTypes': 'Video,Audio', 'IsPaused': False, 'ItemId': 151516, 'MediaSourceId': 'b0ff59f85f9fa88fbc38e9e56b802e67', 'PlaySessionId': '3a5e47a733d0467ebe82cd4444ed4f7e', 'PositionTicks': 43301790000, 'RunTimeTicks': 78951840000, 'VolumeLevel': 100, 'IsMuted': False, 'NowPlayingQueue': [{'Id': 0, 'PlaylistItemId': '0'}], 'PlaylistLength': 1, 'PlaylistIndex': 0} / movie

Emby server reports back the correct progress:

2023-05-18 21:37:19.574 T:12504    info <general>: Emby.hooks.websocket: [ UserDataChanged ] [{'PlayedPercentage': 54.84582753232857, 'PlaybackPositionTicks': 43301790000, 'PlayCount': 8, 'IsFavorite': True, 'LastPlayedDate': '2023-05-18T19:33:53.0000000Z', 'Played': False, 'ItemId': '151516'}]

Process skipped -> redundant progress update. Also correct:

2023-05-18 21:37:19.575 T:12504    info <general>: Emby.hooks.websocket: UserDataChanged skip by ItemSkipUpdate / Id: 151516 / ItemSkipUpdate: [151516]

NOW the issue: Progress was reset:

2023-05-18 21:37:19.606 T:13046    info <general>: EMBY.hooks.monitor: [ VideoLibrary_OnUpdate reset progress 151516 ]

Emby reports (correct) Progress 0, cause it was reset before:

2023-05-18 21:37:20.132 T:12504    info <general>: Emby.hooks.websocket: [ UserDataChanged ] [{'PlaybackPositionTicks': 0, 'PlayCount': 0, 'IsFavorite': True, 'LastPlayedDate': '2023-05-18T19:33:53.0000000Z', 'Played': False, 'ItemId': '151516'}]

The question is, why/who did the reset. Not the plugin, it just forwarded the reset information (incoming from Kodi) to Emby server.

Can you reproduce the issue? I'll add addition logs in next version to find the cause.

Edited by quickmic