embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

hetkoznap
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 8.2.5:

Delta changelog 8.2.4 -> 8.2.5

fix livetv streamclose issue

Unfortunately it still does not work perfectly, sometimes a channel still gets stuck. As I change channels it sometimes gets stuck on the third channel change, but other times only on the eighth so its pretty random.

quickmic
6 hours ago, hetkoznap said:

Unfortunately it still does not work perfectly, sometimes a channel still gets stuck. As I change channels it sometimes gets stuck on the third channel change, but other times only on the eighth so its pretty random.

Please send me a kodi.log for review when this happens again.

hetkoznap
11 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please send me a kodi.log for review when this happens again.

Thanks for your help, here's the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/liyumusido

Changing from the first channel to the second worked as it should, but when I changed from the second to the third, the second channel got stuck.

quickmic
21 hours ago, hetkoznap said:

Thanks for your help, here's the log: https://paste.kodi.tv/liyumusido

Changing from the first channel to the second worked as it should, but when I changed from the second to the third, the second channel got stuck.

I think I know what's to the problem (in your case). I'll try to fix it in next version. DO you use some sort of "special" setup? External player etc? The log reports something of "player 1" / "player 2"

2023-06-04 08:46:36.824 T:32204   debug <general>: AddOnLog: peripheral.joystick: Loaded device "X-Arcade Tankstick (Player 1)" with 1 controller profiles and 14 total features
2023-06-04 08:46:36.824 T:32204   debug <general>: AddOnLog: peripheral.joystick: Loaded device "X-Arcade Tankstick (Player 2)" with 1 controller profiles and 14 total features

2023-06-04 08:48:03.895 T:32554    info <general>: Closing stream player 1
2023-06-04 08:47:53.309 T:32554    info <general>: Closing stream player 2

• Like 1

hetkoznap
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I think I know what's to the problem (in your case). I'll try to fix it in next version. DO you use some sort of "special" setup? External player etc? The log reports something of "player 1" / "player 2"

2023-06-04 08:46:36.824 T:32204   debug <general>: AddOnLog: peripheral.joystick: Loaded device "X-Arcade Tankstick (Player 1)" with 1 controller profiles and 14 total features
2023-06-04 08:46:36.824 T:32204   debug <general>: AddOnLog: peripheral.joystick: Loaded device "X-Arcade Tankstick (Player 2)" with 1 controller profiles and 14 total features

2023-06-04 08:48:03.895 T:32554    info <general>: Closing stream player 1
2023-06-04 08:47:53.309 T:32554    info <general>: Closing stream player 2

Nope, nothing out of the ordinary so I have no clue what's that player 1-2 is about. Maybe the VBox's two tuner? I don't know how Kodi would know the VBox has two tuners but on the Emby server I set the "Simultaneous stream limit" setting to 2.

Should I reset/reinstall Kodi and send you a new log after?

quickmic
15 minutes ago, hetkoznap said:

Should I reset/reinstall Kodi and send you a new log after?

No, I'll try to fix it from plugin side. Plugin should be able to handle this case.

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 8.2.6:

Delta changelog 8.2.5 -> 8.2.6

additional fixes for livetv streamclose issue

• Thanks 1

hetkoznap

I think we have a winner! The channel change is a little slow (feels slower than previous versions) but I can live with that. Thank you!

On another note: I don't know if this has anything to do with the plugin but the channel sorting is not working, the channels are only displayed alphabetically, even if I change the sorting. Is it possible that I have not set something up correctly?

• Like 1

quickmic
7 minutes ago, hetkoznap said:

I think we have a winner! The channel change is a little slow (feels slower than previous versions) but I can live with that. Thank you!

On another note: I don't know if this has anything to do with the plugin but the channel sorting is not working, the channels are only displayed alphabetically, even if I change the sorting. Is it possible that I have not set something up correctly?

In next version I change one more thing related to stream closure. Will not affect you, but maybe for single tuner DVRs.

Slow is relative. If Emby server keeps the channel open (as before), switching is "instant". But Emby keeps the channel only open if multiple devices watching simultaneous.

Which channel sorting do you use?

hetkoznap
17 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Which channel sorting do you use?

I would like to use the backend or provider sorting but if I choose any of these the order does not change, it remains alphabetical. On the server side I have not given any channel a specific number and if I select "Default Channel Order" in Emby's web interface or android app I get the order I want.

Whether the "Default Channel Order" would correspond to the backend or provider sorting I don't know.

quickmic
5 minutes ago, hetkoznap said:

I would like to use the backend or provider sorting but if I choose any of these the order does not change, it remains alphabetical. On the server side I have not given any channel a specific number and if I select "Default Channel Order" in Emby's web interface or android app I get the order I want.

Whether the "Default Channel Order" would correspond to the backend or provider sorting I don't know.

Well, the plugin doesn't sort anything. Playlist order depends how Emby server reports the channels to the plugin. I wrote a workaround for channel numbers, maybe I can improve something with the Emby queries but cannot promise.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 8.2.7:

Delta changelog 8.2.6 -> 8.2.7

even more fixes for livetv streamclose issue (for single tuner devices)
improve channel sorting

Comment:

Not tested under Kodi 19 (iptvsimple < 20)

For Kodi 20 (iptvsimple >= 20)
1. LiveTV sync is now under "sync" -> Manage Libraries
(Additionally you need to remvoe the old iptvsimple tuner settings:)
2. Open simpleiptv config menu
3. Remove add-on configuration
4. Select "Emby for Kodi next gen"

• Like 1

LittleWizard

Again hangs on stop, twotimes this evening.

I post log. Anyway maybe is not releted to Emby.

On Raspberry this seems not to happne, it happens a lot on Nvidia Shiled TV pro latest revision (android tv).

Don't know...

kodi01.log kodi.log

quickmic
On 6/8/2023 at 12:06 AM, LittleWizard said:

Again hangs on stop, twotimes this evening.

I post log. Anyway maybe is not releted to Emby.

On Raspberry this seems not to happne, it happens a lot on Nvidia Shiled TV pro latest revision (android tv).

Don't know...

kodi01.log 70.16 kB · 3 downloads kodi.log 210.65 kB · 1 download

All I can see is a timeout: Currently I don't think it's plugin related.

2023-06-08 00:00:30.771 T:26395   error <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - <http://127.0.0.1:57342/tvshows/66a438e62d904399a48d79b97e67648c/35204/35220/37032/e-37032-ffd1877f2ffdcf2dfe36683f0acc6a84-7159-8249-0-1-0-29-0-1-h264-738499-aac-192000--American_Dad___10x01_La_fantastica_provetta_di_Steve_e_Snot__720p.h264.ita_.mkv> Failed: Timeout was reached(28)

rotational467

Hi @quickmic, I wanted to ask about the current expected support for syncing theme media.  I'm running E4K 8.2.7 on CoreELEC 20.1 with the Embuary skin, and otherwise everything works perfectly.  TvTunes 2.0.8 is installed from the author's repo.  Emby server 4.8.0.39.

When I go to E4K settings -> Sync -> Manage Libraries -> Sync Theme Media, I get the message "Unable to locate TV Tunes in Kodi."

Thanks for everything - E4K makes Kodi my perfect media client.

TvTunes plugin thread for reference: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=347428

• Like 1

Hi there,

I was using embyforkodi next gen for quiet some time. Because of some technical issues with my device I had to switch to the native emby app. 

But now I solved my device issues and want to go back to kodi with embyforkodi ng. Sadly I get some errors while installing 8.2.7. My emby server runs in a docker container within unraid and it is version 4.7.13.0.

I attached the log from starting up kodi on my nvidia shield an logging into the master account trying to install your awesome plugin.

Can you help me with this problem, because I don't get it!

kodi.log

Eisi2005

i don't know if it fixes your problem, but you have an error in your advancedsettings.xml

2023-06-16 14:06:41.285 T:19454   error <general>: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 7
                                                   Error reading end tag.

• Like 2

ToBeFrank
On 2/6/2023 at 10:20 AM, quickmic said:

Where is the code for the public testing version? I see the next-gen-dev-python3 branch, which appears to be the beta version, but I don't see a branch for the public testing version.

quickmic
7 hours ago, ToBeFrank said:

Where is the code for the public testing version? I see the next-gen-dev-python3 branch, which appears to be the beta version, but I don't see a branch for the public testing version.

Public testing versions are not uploaded to github. Only stable and beta versions are.

20 hours ago, Eisi2005 said:

i don't know if it fixes your problem, but you have an error in your advancedsettings.xml

2023-06-16 14:06:41.285 T:19454   error <general>: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 7
                                                   Error reading end tag.

It might help, I will check it. The thing is, I didn't change anything in the advancedsettings sind 2017 or so. And I did use embyforkodi until my device broke with the same as.xml. 

But of course I will give it a try. Thank you very much

22 hours ago, Eisi2005 said:

Error reading end tag.

It was exactly the problem. I really don't know how, but the line 7 in my as.xml was an ending tag. Really strange.

Thank you a lot for your help. 

Have a great weekend

Edited by nadkp

LittleWizard

I suspect a regression with latest versions because it started again not to save resume point and mark as unwatched on stop.

Not all the times but frequently.

You fixed with 8.2.4 and was working well till I jumped from 8.2.4 to 8.2.7

Anyway tomorrow I'll try reinstalling kodi from scratch because it also frequently hangs on stop as I told you.

quickmic
12 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

I suspect a regression with latest versions because it started again not to save resume point and mark as unwatched on stop.

Not all the times but frequently.

You fixed with 8.2.4 and was working well till I jumped from 8.2.4 to 8.2.7

Anyway tomorrow I'll try reinstalling kodi from scratch because it also frequently hangs on stop as I told you.

I'll double check, but I haven't changed anything related to that matter. At least not intentionally.

If it happens again, please send me a kodi.log.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New BETA version available 8.2.8:

Delta changelog 8.2.7 -> 8.2.8

fix tvtunes
add option to disable websocket communication
improve server reconnects
minor livetv improvements
minor progress sync updates
workaround for Emby server issues (http unresponsiveness)

• Thanks 1

quickmic
On 6/18/2023 at 9:55 PM, LittleWizard said:

...also frequently hangs on stop...

I experienced the same issue. I reviewed kodi-logs, currently not sure why this happens. Everything I saw in the logs indicates a Kodi or 3rd party plugin issue, I'll continue review.

Probably a http2 issue. I haven't tested yet, it's next on my list. -> Test with disabled http2 (there is an option in plugin's config menu for that)

Do you use stock skin?

Edited by quickmic