embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

838Joel
3 hours ago, e2zippo said:

Hey @quickmic!

Once again thank you for your continued support on this add on! 

I use it every day in my Kodi install.

I noticed Coreelec just released a stable version with Kodi 20 Nexus.

How well does the add on work in Nexus? Would you say is it stable enough for a daily driver?

I'm using it with a RC version and work just fine as my daily driver!

quickmic
20 hours ago, Grumpy1 said:

sorry i meant just the continue watching section  like in all the other apps ( next episode or finish a movie )

currently you need to add a either next episode or in progress tv shows for TV  and then another section for movies

im guessing its probably a kodi limitation

You mean a node with all in progress content? A "section" is not available in Kodi, but I guess you could modify the skin. The in-progress nodes are available for all contents and you could use them to add such a "section".

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

ecrispy

What skin do people use - still Embuary? For a new setup with Kodi 20, this is still the recommended addon right?

quickmic
45 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Is this version faster at intial sync or same same as 7.x?

That supper slow sync is killing me

I assume you are using Emby server beta .21

This is causing the issue, not the plugin.

• Like 1

e2zippo
15 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I assume you are using Emby server beta .21

This is causing the issue, not the plugin.

Are the emby devs aware of the issue? 

Not sure when .21 came out, but it has been the latest beta for quite some time, has development slowed down perhaps?

12 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Are the emby devs aware of the issue? 

Yes, please let us know how the next build compares. Thanks.

Grumpy1
1 hour ago, ecrispy said:

What skin do people use - still Embuary? For a new setup with Kodi 20, this is still the recommended addon right?

i use  Arctic Horizon 2

its fantastic :)

e123enitan
11 minutes ago, Grumpy1 said:

i use  Arctic Horizon 2

its fantastic :)

I used Titan Skin 

SwanStream
51 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes, please let us know how the next build compares. Thanks.

I know y'all hate this question @Lukebut any ETA on that next build? Feels like it's been in the wings quite some time now.... Thx.

quickmic

New version available 8.0.4:

Delta changelog 8.0.3 -> 8.0.4

fix multiversion sync issue
fix access restricted issue

• Like 1

quickmic

Info for early birds... 8.X is currently also compatible with Kodi 21.X

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

LittleWizard

Is there a way to choose between more version of the same video?

In emby if you have for example a recoded version of the same movie, you can choose which file to play, in embyforkody addon I can't see any option.

L3Nerd

@quickmiccan you add an option or find another solution, that the "Websocket connection timed out" error message only appears once.

I watched a local movie (not via emby) and my internet connection was interrupted for several minutes.
In that time the error toast notification appeared in 5 second intervals, which was pretty annoying.

Proposal:

Just send out one message for timeout/diconnect and one if the connection could be established again.

L3Nerd
42 minutes ago, LittleWizard said:

Is there a way to choose between more version of the same video?

In emby if you have for example a recoded version of the same movie, you can choose which file to play, in embyforkody addon I can't see any option.

If your emby library is configured correctly and you have a dropdown with the movie versions, ie. "Extended", "3D", whatsoever, Kodi does show a pop-up where you can select the version you want to watch.

LittleWizard

Yes I have the drop down in emby, but no popup in kodi.

Also skip intro does not work in main kodi on android even if activated in pluginoption (but it does work in kodi installation on my windows pc and in emby)... Maybe somthing with popup in kodi. I have default skin.

L3Nerd

I just set up a fresh new kodi 20.1, installed embyforkodi-next-gen 8.0.4 - et voilá: a pop-up to choose the version from.

I just created a folder with "MOVIE (YEAR)" and put two movie files named "MOVIE (YEAR) - 3D.mkv" and "MOVIE (YEAR) - Extended.mkv" in there.

I did no configuriation of Kodi, except installing emby and logging in.

image.thumb.png.651fac8efb062109fc5c1d44300d03a0.png

L3Nerd
1 minute ago, L3Nerd said:

I just set up a fresh new kodi 20.1, installed embyforkodi-next-gen 8.0.4 - et voilá: a pop-up to choose the version from.

@quickmicUX wise it would be better to just put the names of the versions in the pup-up.

If I remember correctly it did so in previous versions of the plugin.

Grumpy1

in arctic horizon 2 (  kodi skin) it can now detect Dolby vision , is this something that could be done in this plugin or does it need to be done on the server side

thanks

LittleWizard
1 hour ago, L3Nerd said:

@quickmicUX wise it would be better to just put the names of the versions in the pup-up.

If I remember correctly it did so in previous versions of the plugin.

Thanks, it works in Kodi for windows, so I'll investigate why on androidTV is not working (worked few time ago).

Maybe some kodi setting like the option of never askin weather play from beginning ore resume...

LittleWizard

New foundings in duplicated Subs bug:

as told I have sometimes duplicated subs as you con see in screenshot: external subs are not really in the files and are duplicated of the firts two.

In emby they do not exist, they only exist in embyforkodi and kodi.

Also when theese external subs are present, kodi always select the last sub (4/4 in this case) and if I change sub, on resume always 4/4 is selected, forced one is ignored.

I found that they are present only for SSA format adn not for other subs formats.

You can see two attached txt of Mediinfo, the version with Sub station alfa subs is generates duplicated subs, the version UTF-8 subs, not.

It would be beautifull to fix that.

Happens with both 7.x an 8.x addon

Screenshot.png

Subs duplicated and always last duplicated sub at resume even if changed during playback.txt Subs working correctly.txt

LittleWizard
24 minutes ago, LittleWizard said:

Thanks, it works in Kodi for windows, so I'll investigate why on androidTV is not working (worked few time ago).

Maybe some kodi setting like the option of never askin weather play from beginning ore resume...

Fixed by resetting addon and in kodi I disabled always play and setted the default "ask what to do" when play a file. Now both file version popup and skip intros are working.

• Like 1

quickmic
12 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

New foundings in duplicated Subs bug:

as told I have sometimes duplicated subs as you con see in screenshot: external subs are not really in the files and are duplicated of the firts two.

In emby they do not exist, they only exist in embyforkodi and kodi.

Also when theese external subs are present, kodi always select the last sub (4/4 in this case) and if I change sub, on resume always 4/4 is selected, forced one is ignored.

I found that they are present only for SSA format adn not for other subs formats.

You can see two attached txt of Mediinfo, the version with Sub station alfa subs is generates duplicated subs, the version UTF-8 subs, not.

It would be beautifull to fix that.

Happens with both 7.x an 8.x addon

Screenshot.png

Subs duplicated and always last duplicated sub at resume even if changed during playback.txt 6.41 kB · 0 downloads Subs working correctly.txt 6.54 kB · 0 downloads

I'll check the ASS subtitles. They are currently handled as external by the plugin. Maybe they are also embedded in the stream by Emby server. This would explain the duplication. Do you use special Subtitle configuration on Emby server? Are you able to trigger this issue again, now you know what causes the issue (for testing)?

LittleWizard
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

I'll check the ASS subtitles. They are currently handled as external by the plugin. Maybe they are also embedded in the stream by Emby server. This would explain the duplication. Do you use special Subtitle configuration on Emby server? Are you able to trigger this issue again, now you know what causes the issue (for testing)?

I don't use special config on emby server, its almost default settings, I disabled any subs download to isolate this problem, so no external subs are downloaded.

I don't have to trigger it: it happens every time a video has ASS subs. Ass subs are for example generated by Handbrake encoder...

So, yes, is perfectly reproducible.

quickmic
On 3/23/2023 at 8:52 AM, LittleWizard said:

I don't use special config on emby server, its almost default settings, I disabled any subs download to isolate this problem, so no external subs are downloaded.

I don't have to trigger it: it happens every time a video has ASS subs. Ass subs are for example generated by Handbrake encoder...

So, yes, is perfectly reproducible.

Try this version: