embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

docflo7
31 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Got an idea, maybe the injected fake artist is the problem. Will check it... I think 7.X just skipped the problematic file.

I rolled back to 7.x and double checked as I wasn't certain anymore, but the problematic files are there (since there are several without artist or even without genre).
And I can clearly see the "--NO INFO--" placeholders.

I can send the debug log for that one too if you want to compare both. 

• Like 1

quickmic
On 4/9/2023 at 6:36 PM, docflo7 said:

I rolled back to 7.x and double checked as I wasn't certain anymore, but the problematic files are there (since there are several without artist or even without genre).
And I can clearly see the "--NO INFO--" placeholders.

I can send the debug log for that one too if you want to compare both. 

btw, you mentioned you had also issues with 8.X.

Would be nice if you could send me a kodi.log for that too.

docflo7
On 4/11/2023 at 6:59 AM, quickmic said:

btw, you mentioned you had also issues with 8.X.

Would be nice if you could send me a kodi.log for that too.

Sorry for the delay, I completely forgot to answer.  

But the issue I had was only with 8.X, 7.X was fine. And the logs I sent in PM were from 8.X, for which you resolve the issue. 

However, I noticed another issue today, this time with TV Shows (but same behavior, the sync process hangs). I'm sending the new debug logs in PM. 

• Like 1

obituary

I have a decent number of shields (5). I'm working on making a "golden" kodi backup using adb by backing configuring kodi, skins, and this plugin. Right now, I'm setting up the plugin in native mode, logging in (manual mode), not syncing any libraries when given the opportunity. I then configure things like intro skipping and a few other options and shutdown kodi.

My question is "is there anything else I should be doing" to ensure a clean sync after restoring with adb? My aim is to have one backup for all 5, but I want to make sure they don't conflict with each other. Is the unique client part the "addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/emby_guid" file? Could I just delete this after the final shutdown and it would regenerate on first boot after the adb restore?

I could do a backup for each shield if that is the only way (that would give me a chance to name each client by where they are located), but figured I would ask.

Thanks!

quickmic

New version available 8.1.2:

Delta changelog 8.1.1 -> 8.1.2

fix playback progress issue
async queries for dynamic nodes and Ids queries (performance)
fix invalid people issue
fix shutdown/restart issue
fix livetv sync

• Like 2

quickmic
6 hours ago, obituary said:

I have a decent number of shields (5). I'm working on making a "golden" kodi backup using adb by backing configuring kodi, skins, and this plugin. Right now, I'm setting up the plugin in native mode, logging in (manual mode), not syncing any libraries when given the opportunity. I then configure things like intro skipping and a few other options and shutdown kodi.

My question is "is there anything else I should be doing" to ensure a clean sync after restoring with adb? My aim is to have one backup for all 5, but I want to make sure they don't conflict with each other. Is the unique client part the "addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/emby_guid" file? Could I just delete this after the final shutdown and it would regenerate on first boot after the adb restore?

I could do a backup for each shield if that is the only way (that would give me a chance to name each client by where they are located), but figured I would ask.

Thanks!

Yes at least you should also delete the "emby_guid". It's als possible regenerate a new Id via plugin menu, but if you delete the file a new will be generated on Kodi start.

Don't use a custom "Device Name" (config menu) on your backup.

Probably don't even sign in to Emby server on your backup.

On my setup I use default options with following modifications: Paging to maximum 100 (faster init sync), enable skip intro option and enable live tv sync (for addon mode also path substitution).

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available 8.1.2:

Delta changelog 8.1.1 -> 8.1.2

fix playback progress issue
async queries for dynamic nodes and Ids queries (performance)
fix invalid people issue
fix shutdown/restart issue
fix livetv sync

Cinema mode seems to be broken, will be fixed in next version.

MagicPinball

What is the major difference between 8.1.x (and maybe 7.x) and 1.0.7 (repository.emby.kodi-1.0.7.zip)?  Both versions are being referenced by Kodi and Emby.

LittleWizard

8.1.1 was great to me.

8.1.2 not working for resume point.

It doesn't save any resume point!

Reverting back to 8.1.1

I found a BUG, When I change the path of a movie, for example from "/mnt/movie folder A/avatar (2009)" to"/mnt/movie folder B/avator (2009)", then Emby will rescan and detect the movie, at this time, look at the movie collection, web Emby everything is fine, but the movie in Kodi Emby's movie set will disappear (such as pictures)

I found a solution, which is to use "refresh collection" in the setting of Emby Next Gen, but manually refreshing the collection before each time you use Kodi to browse the movie is too cumbersome, can you fix this bug so that the collection can be updated correctly and automatically?

屏幕截图(209)~2.png

屏幕截图(210)~2.png

quickmic
8 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

8.1.1 was great to me.

Reverting back to 8.1.1

Yes it does.

The actual question is, why it's not in your setup. Without proper information, I cannot help. Do you use Emby server beta version >19? I'm not active testing >19 versions, only if problems are reported.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
1 hour ago, chuwz said:

I found a BUG, When I change the path of a movie, for example from "/mnt/movie folder A/avatar (2009)" to"/mnt/movie folder B/avator (2009)", then Emby will rescan and detect the movie, at this time, look at the movie collection, web Emby everything is fine, but the movie in Kodi Emby's movie set will disappear (such as pictures)

I found a solution, which is to use "refresh collection" in the setting of Emby Next Gen, but manually refreshing the collection before each time you use Kodi to browse the movie is too cumbersome, can you fix this bug so that the collection can be updated correctly and automatically?

屏幕截图(209)~2.png

屏幕截图(210)~2.png

Currently, this is a limitation. Boxset/collection changes must be (re)synced manually as you did.

6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Currently, this is a limitation. Boxset/collection changes must be (re)synced manually as you did.

Thanks for your reply, is it possible to remove this limitation in a future release?

quickmic
2 minutes ago, chuwz said:

Thanks for your reply, is it possible to remove this limitation in a future release?

I tried several approaches to fix it but currently no proper solution found. The problem, Emby server does not report Boxset/Collection changes (as it does for other content). The only way would be, checking Boxsets/collection after each movie change. This would massively delay updates -> completely useless.

So no, currently no solution on the horizon.

2 hours ago, quickmic said:

I tried several approaches to fix it but currently no proper solution found. The problem, Emby server does not report Boxset/Collection changes (as it does for other content). The only way would be, checking Boxsets/collection after each movie change. This would massively delay updates -> completely useless.

So no, currently no solution on the horizon.

Perhaps you can add a function that is not enabled by default, this function is: after each update of the database, add the "refresh collection" operation.

This would at least solve this problem temporarily, because I don't care that kodi takes a long time updating the database. But the collection does not work properly, which seriously affects my viewing series when watching movies.

Would you like to add this feature in future updates? You can choose not to turn on this feature by default, so that it will not affect most people. But for those who have this need, the problem can be solved. 😀

Andy2k
13 hours ago, quickmic said:
20 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

8.1.1 was great to me.

Reverting back to 8.1.1

Yes it does.

The actual question is, why it's not in your setup. Without proper information, I cannot help. Do you use Emby server beta version >19? I'm not active testing >19 versions, only if problems are reported.

Just for information:

Using server 4.8.0.29:

8.1.1 did not saved the playback progress (most time) for me.

8.1.2 works as intended.

Clients running Kodi 20.1 on Linux (Coreelec) + Windows.

Edited by Andy2k
  • Like 1

LittleWizard
14 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes it does.

I'm on version 19.

Maybe the update from 8.1.1 to 8.1.2 require a reset of DB and addon settings?

I'll try that...

Anyway 8.1.1 works really well and i'm really happy with it

LittleWizard

I installed 8.1.2 from zip file intead of updating from beta repo.

It tooks lot of minutes instead of few seconds and now seems to work.

Maybe somthing related to repo update..

• Like 1

Mano66

Emby 8.1 does not read the "music video" folder and does not load it. It just reads the folder, spins the load but nothing happens.  No such problem with version 7.13. Did something change in the settings? Do I need to adjust something to make it work?

LittleWizard

Can confirm that installing from zip file fix the problem.

On both kodi for android and libreelec on raspberry after updating 8.1.1 to 8.1.2 through beta respository, resume points where not saved (old resume points where deleted).

I than installed 8.1.2 through file zip (kodi.emby.tv) and seems fixed.

Updating from repository took few seconds, updating from zip took several minutes, so the process seems very different.

No need to reset settings.

Mano66

Sorry I missed it. Yes. The EmbyforKodi Next-Gen 8.x.x add-on does not read the "music video" folders . The EmbyforKodi Next-Gen 7.x.x add-on is fine. 

quickmic
19 minutes ago, Mano66 said:

Sorry I missed it. Yes. The EmbyforKodi Next-Gen 8.x.x add-on does not read the "music video" folders . The EmbyforKodi Next-Gen 7.x.x add-on is fine. 

Have you tried 8.1.2? Cause I fixed a musicvideo bug there.

Otherwise I need a kodi.log for review.

• Like 1

Pejamas

Everything seems to be working smoothly with 4.8.21 and 8.1.2 minus one thing. If using the up-next add-on to play the next episode in a season, or choosing the next episode from a playlist the watched status updates in emby but if I then launch kodi on a second box it shows as unplayed. When the next episode starts the emby dashboard shows its being played in now playing yet doesn't say "Pejamas is playing X" in the activity field. @quickmicif you need a log file let me know.