embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

minos

Since I installed the latest beta server (0.26), the sync of the watched status no longer works. 

I'm not sure if it's the server or the addon, but the only thing I changed was the server.

quickmic
45 minutes ago, minos said:

Since I installed the latest beta server (0.26), the sync of the watched status no longer works. 

I'm not sure if it's the server or the addon, but the only thing I changed was the server.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

Scanning stopping on certain file, keeps scanning same file.....  Kodi log file link attached.

Thanks

paste.kodi.tv/ruxuzaweci

Newer log file.

https://paste.kodi.tv/qafutogodu

Hi, why do you think it stops on a certain file? Why do you think it keeps scanning the same file?

clarkss12
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, why do you think it stops on a certain file? Why do you think it keeps scanning the same file?

Top right hand corner of the picture, **CHIPs Season 1/Crash Diet** message NEVER goes away, stays that way as long as Kodi is running.  It scans all of the video files until it gets to that point, then it stops scanning.  I will not continue to **scan**. 

chips season 1, Crash Diet.jpg

1 minute ago, clarkss12 said:

Top right hand corner of the picture, **CHIPs Season 1/Crash Diet** message NEVER goes away, stays that way as long as Kodi is running.  It scans all of the video files until it gets to that point, then it stops scanning.  I will not continue to **scan**. 

chips season 1, Crash Diet.jpg

Please attach the corresponding server log as well. thanks.

rwinstock

Evening All

I too am suffering from the apparent Emby 4.8.0.26 problems.  I have a pair of Android Kodi (v20) boxes that stopped syncing just after the server upgrade.  Tried a few things, upgraded one to Kodi 20.1, upgraded the E4K Plugin to 8.0.4, this only made things worse as now I had an empty Kodi DB and the init sync wouldn't work. 😞

Built a quick Windows client to test things out on, same result:

• Kodi v20.1
  • Plugin 8.0.4
  • Emby Server 4.8.0.26

Never get's past Init sync, even with the setting dialled down to 1.

Have now started the long, slow painful process of building a second Emby on 4.8.0.19 😞

Log file attached if it helps.

Rich

kodi_2023-03-27.log

• Like 1

quickmic

To all users.

The plugin is currently not compatible with Emby server beta. 26

Only option, downgrade to .21 or you must wait a couple of days for a new version.

• Like 1

quickmic
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

No need, this is an plugin issue. -> Parent ID not found, not sure why, but I'll fix it in next version...

Edited by quickmic

clarkss12
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

No need, this is an plugin issue. -> Parent ID not found. I'll fix it in next version...

Quickmic, if you are referring to my issue of scanning stopping on specific file, I am not running the beta server.  I am running Version 4.7.11.0.  Thanks  for your help and fantastic addon.

quickmic
6 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

Quickmic, if you are referring to my issue of scanning stopping on specific file, I am not running the beta server.  I am running Version 4.7.11.0.  Thanks  for your help and fantastic addon.

I didn't say yours is beta server related.

You have a broken database. I'll try to intercept this issue in next version, but actually you should perform a complete database resync. If this doesn't help as well,  remove Kodi database files manuelly.

Edited by quickmic

clarkss12
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

I didn't say yours is beta server related.

You have a broken database. I'll try to intercept this issue in next version, but actually you should perform a complete database resync. If this doesn't help as well,  remove Kodi database files manuelly.

Thank you, I will try a database resync.  Have to do a search to figure out how to do it.

quickmic
9 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

Thank you, I will try a database resync.  Have to do a search to figure out how to do it.

plugin config menu -> Emby for Kodi -> factory reset

Edited by quickmic

LittleWizard
On 3/26/2023 at 8:06 PM, quickmic said:

Try this version:

Seems to work!

Tried on kodi for windows, now duplicated subs are not present anymore and forced subs are correctly managed. Tried only few minutes so don't know if it correctly works for everything, but ASS subs problem seems to be ok... great!

• Thanks 1

quickmic
23 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

Scanning stopping on certain file, keeps scanning same file.....  Kodi log file link attached.

Thanks

paste.kodi.tv/ruxuzaweci

Newer log file.

https://paste.kodi.tv/qafutogodu

The episode "Crash Goes the Hash" (not sure from which TVShow) causes the issue. I try to catch it, meanwhile assign a season to this episode or remove it as a workaround.

clarkss12
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

The episode "Crash Goes the Hash" (not sure from which TVShow) causes the issue. I try to catch it, meanwhile assign a season to this episode or remove it as a workaround.

It hangs up on Chips/ Season 1/ Crash Diet.  I did a complete rebuild of the database, took a couple of days.  Just ran Kodi again, and same thing, hangs up on same episode file.  This is what the file looks like >>  "CHiPs S01E19 Crash Diet.ts" <<.  Same as all of my other episodes names.  Also, it plays without issues on other devices NOT using this addon.

I am doing another factory reset as you suggested yesterday.

Edit: No matter what I do, same thing happens, stuck at that episode.  I think I am going to give up.  I was hoping to find the cause, but putting a band-aid on it is not a good solution for me.

Thanks anyway.  Still a great addon, but just doesn't work for my media, at this time.

Edited by clarkss12

hstamas
On 3/16/2023 at 7:37 AM, quickmic said:

You mean a node with all in progress content? A "section" is not available in Kodi, but I guess you could modify the skin. The in-progress nodes are available for all contents and you could use them to add such a "section".

Hey Mic. I think what was we were hoping to find was an Emby node that mirrors the “Continue Watching” part of Emby that has a running list of the next episode to watch but encompassing all libraries. 
Right now, each Emby node has a “next episode” item available but they are for only for that particular library  

what I was hoping to find is one that had all libraries in one item. 

I can’t seem to find a way to do the same thing in Kodi natively using in-progress etc. 

Mookdog
21 minutes ago, hstamas said:

Hey Mic. I think what was we were hoping to find was an Emby node that mirrors the “Continue Watching” part of Emby that has a running list of the next episode to watch but encompassing all libraries. 
Right now, each Emby node has a “next episode” item available but they are for only for that particular library  

what I was hoping to find is one that had all libraries in one item. 

I can’t seem to find a way to do the same thing in Kodi natively using in-progress etc. 

I use the default continue watching in the Kodi libraries. It combines them all compared to the nodes in next gen. Are u using synced mode or dynamic nodes ?

quickmic
5 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

took a couple of days.

This should not be the case at all (with Emby stable version or beta <=.19. You just did a reset on the plugin, not on Emby server right?

The plugin should sync in minutes. Did you modify the paging settings? They should be kept at 70 (default) or higher (for stable or <=.19) -> plugin config menu -> sync -> paging

You can try this version, it should at least ignore the issue, but yes. This version will perform another reset automatically!

You can also trigger the sync in stages. Don't select "all" in the sync menu. Start with the library which includes the specific episode and see what happens.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-8.1.0-build 2.zip

Edited by quickmic

markdj

Quick question: has add-on mode been removed or has it been integrated into the add-on itself? I can’t seem to find it? Been years since I have used add-on mode.

quickmic
2 hours ago, markdj said:

Quick question: has add-on mode been removed or has it been integrated into the add-on itself? I can’t seem to find it? Been years since I have used add-on mode.

The modi cannot be toggled in config menu. It's part init wizard therefore a factory reset would be required to change it.

• Thanks 1

hstamas
8 hours ago, Mookdog said:

I use the default continue watching in the Kodi libraries. It combines them all compared to the nodes in next gen. Are u using synced mode or dynamic nodes ?

Hmmm. That’s odd. I don’t see anything in Kodi that combines all my libraries into one continue watching/in progress section? I’ll have to look again.

Grumpy1
1 hour ago, hstamas said:

Hmmm. That’s odd. I don’t see anything in Kodi that combines all my libraries into one continue watching/in progress section? I’ll have to look again.

i dont see anything either and i have tried all the options

clarkss12
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

This should not be the case at all (with Emby stable version or beta <=.19. You just did a reset on the plugin, not on Emby server right?

The plugin should sync in minutes. Did you modify the paging settings? They should be kept at 70 (default) or higher (for stable or <=.19) -> plugin config menu -> sync -> paging

You can try this version, it should at least ignore the issue, but yes. This version will perform another reset automatically!

You can also trigger the sync in stages. Don't select "all" in the sync menu. Start with the library which includes the specific episode and see what happens.

plugin.video.emby-next-gen-8.1.0-build 2.zip 6.56 MB · 2 downloads

I did the data reset from the Emby server, which took about 2 days.

This version 8.1.0 build 2, did correct the issue of stopping the scan on a specific file.  

I played the file that was causing the issue on the Android device that I installed the addon, and it does NOT play very well, if at all.  I then tested the same **problematic** video on my Windows PC using VLC and it played perfectly.  I then played that file on a different device running CoreELEC and again, it played perfectly.  So, it appears that my Android box (Mecool KM7 Plus), running Android 11, and Kodi is lacking something in it's drivers.

Thanks again for your addon.  

PS, I have a new Android box arriving today, and will be using your addon running under the native Android and CoreELEC, so I will do more testing.  This is the box I will be receiving today >>  TOX3 Smart Android 11 TV Box Amlogic S905X4 4k 

• Like 1

clarkss12
7 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

I did the data reset from the Emby server, which took about 2 days.

This version 8.1.0 build 2, did correct the issue of stopping the scan on a specific file.  

I played the file that was causing the issue on the Android device that I installed the addon, and it does NOT play very well, if at all.  I then tested the same **problematic** video on my Windows PC using VLC and it played perfectly.  I then played that file on a different device running CoreELEC and again, it played perfectly.  So, it appears that my Android box (Mecool KM7 Plus), running Android 11, and Kodi is lacking something in it's drivers.

Thanks again for your addon.  

PS, I have a new Android box arriving today, and will be using your addon running under the native Android and CoreELEC, so I will do more testing.  This is the box I will be receiving today >>  TOX3 Smart Android 11 TV Box Amlogic S905X4 4k 

Received my new Android TV box today, TOX3 and it is amazing.  The **problem** episode is playing perfectly using your mod on this device.  Guess it was my other **box** that had that issue, sorry for the all the fuss I caused.

• Like 1