embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

LittleWizard

Ps anyway in the log the file was "Cape Fear" and the stop with lost resume point was at the end of the log.

quickmic

6 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

Sorry I'm on 8.2.0, maybe is fixed.

Try latest!

Yes, should be fixed in 8.2.3.

rav3ndk
On 30/05/2023 at 15:18, quickmic said:

NFO's are not in used by the plugin, also local trailers have priority one while sync. Remote trailers are the fallback.

NFO's are only used by Emby server or you run the plugin in native mode. In this case it's up to Kodi how to handle nfos.

You are correct that I am running in native mode. But should it not be possible to suppress the remote trailers/youtube links and only look for local trailers? Maybe add as an option? Alternative could be to have to option of not generating those youtube trailer links in the NFO files.

As initially reported it worked fine for ages before the release of 7.13.7 & 8.1.3, so at least it seems like something has changed.

Edited by rav3ndk

quickmic
8 hours ago, rav3ndk said:

As initially reported it worked fine for ages before the release of 7.13.7 & 8.1.3, so at least it seems like something has changed.

Yes, seems google changed the API and currently Kodi's youtube plugin has issues. Not related to the next-gen plugin.

But should it not be possible to suppress the remote trailers/youtube links and only look for local trailers?

Well would be possible, but I see no reason at the moment. The plugin syncs the trailer links reported by Emby server. If local trailers are available, they are in use (priority one) and as a fallback remote (e.g. youtube) trailers.

As I understood, you have local trailers for mostly all of your content? In this case local traielrs are synced to Kodi's database instead of remote trailers.

Alternative could be to have to option of not generating those youtube trailer links in the NFO files.

As mentioned, the plugin doesn't read or write nfo files. The trailer information are send from Emby server via API. What's reported as trailer is fully up to Emby server and based on your Emby server configuration.

As you use native mode, Kodi could also "overrule" settings as it has full access to your filesystem including nfo files. Kodi could even scan your media files (overwrite sync via plugin).

I'll run a few more tests maybe there is a bug but actually I doubt that.

quickmic
On 5/31/2023 at 9:06 PM, t123thomas said:

HI Mic, Using my laptop from remote but unable to connect, I tried several approaches nothing seems to work

here is the log

https://paste.kodi.tv/rabokosoha

As I can see, you use emby connect. I run a quick test, and working fine on my setup.

I see in your logs are some weird IP addresses. Seems they wrongly reported from Emby server.

I suggest, connect to server by manual IP address and check if this works.

In the end, you have 2 problems. remote IP's wrong and access denied.

Check Emby server network settings and second. If the user you are try to access with have permissions -> Emby server user settings.

Edited by quickmic

rav3ndk
11 hours ago, quickmic said:

Well would be possible, but I see no reason at the moment. The plugin syncs the trailer links reported by Emby server. If local trailers are available, they are in use (priority one) and as a fallback remote (e.g. youtube) trailers.

As I understood, you have local trailers for mostly all of your content? In this case local traielrs are synced to Kodi's database instead of remote trailers.

Correct - most my content has local trailers. However, as I stated if the movie is synced to Kodi before a local trailer is in place, it will not update with this information and as a result it will never play the local trailer and currently I will get an error because of the issues with YouTube content.

A solution to that problem could be option in the settings for enable / disable remote trailers. Then I could enable that for my setup - but others could do the same while/when there's issues with the YouTube plugin. Just an idea. But of course if the plugin would always check for local trailer before resulting to remote trailers, this would be even better 🙂

quickmic
1 hour ago, rav3ndk said:

Correct - most my content has local trailers. However, as I stated if the movie is synced to Kodi before a local trailer is in place

I'll check that, cause this should not be the case.

CBers

@quickmicI've just installed Kodi on my Shield, and have installed the Next Gen addon as well, but I'm having issues.

The sync appears to complete OK, but when I go to play anything, Kodi says the file no longer exists. I'm using the Native option. 

I used to test Kodi on my Shield a few years ago when @Angelblue05was developing the plugin and never had any issues.

I know Next Gen is based on her work, but what am I doing wrong? 

In the Kodi logs, it finds the item via the UNC path I set in my libraries, but then it tries to open the file via the IP address. 

I haven't set the IP address anywhere, so is the add on getting this from my Emby server? 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

quickmic
10 minutes ago, CBers said:

@quickmicI've just installed Kodi on my Shield, and have installed the Next Gen addon as well, but I'm having issues.

The sync appears to complete OK, but when I go to play anything, Kodi says the file no longer exists. I'm using the Native option. 

I used to test Kodi on my Shield a few years ago when @Angelblue05was developing the plugin and never had any issues.

I know Next Gen is based on her work, but what am I doing wrong? 

In the Kodi logs, it finds the item via the UNC path I set in my libraries, but then it tries to open the file via the IP address. 

I haven't set the IP address anywhere, so is the add on getting this from my Emby server? 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

First, don't use native mode if you don't have a real good reason for. This is an absolute edge case and (almost) all limitations of addon mode no longer exist.

If you insist on native mode, your paths are wrong.

Edited by quickmic

CBers
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

First, don't use native mode if you don't have a real good reason for. This is an absolute edge case and (almost) all limitations of addon mode no longer exist.

If you insist in native mode, your paths are wrong.

OK, I'll try the alternate option, but I thought native mode was the best way. 

How do you mean my paths are wrong please? 

The names and case are exactly as they appear in the UNC path of my libraries in Emby. 

quickmic
39 minutes ago, CBers said:

OK, I'll try the alternate option, but I thought native mode was the best way. 

How do you mean my paths are wrong please? 

The names and case are exactly as they appear in the UNC path of my libraries in Emby. 

Use addon mode and you will have zero issues.

fyi, native mode. 2 possibilities, Kodi cannot access the path (no permission) or path is wrong (e.g. not mounted in Kodi). Depends on many factors/settings. However, try addon mode and I promise you will have no issues.

Addon-mode limitations only affects iso file playback. Actually even iso are working in addon mode, but uses native mode as fallback.

Edited by quickmic

Pejamas

@CBersThere was a change in Android 11 with file permissions, double check this: On Android TV go to Settings -> Apps - Kodi -> Permissions -> Files and Media and select Allow all the time. Then reopen Kodi. 

• Like 1

hetkoznap

Hi!

I recently upgraded my Emby server from 4.8.0.21 to 4.8.0.37 and I also upgraded the Next Gen plugin from 7.X.X (not sure which version it was) to 8.2.3.

I have a VBox TV Gateway to watch TV over the network. Previously I used the "VBox Home TV Gateway PVR Client" addon to watch TV in Kodi because a bug prevented TV channels from loading through the Emby server ("No compatible streams are currently available"). The upgrade fixed the bug and I tried the IPTV Simple Client to watch TV, but when I stop watching a channel the tuner remains locked as if I'm still watching that channel. So if I start watching a channel and switch to another, then I can't switch to a third because both my tuners will be busy/locked.

Why do the tuners stay locked after I stop watching a channel?

If I watch TV with Emby's own android app everything works fine, no channel lock error so I think there's probably something wrong with either the Next Gen plugin or the IPTV addon.

My setup:

• Server: 4.8.0.37 (Synology ARMv8 (x18 Series))
  • Player: Kodi 20.1 (Nvidia Shield with Android 11)
  • Plugin: Next Gen 8.2.3
  • Addon: IPTV Simple Client 20.10.1
  • TV tuner: VBox TV Gateway for Cable (XTi 3452)

quickmic
2 hours ago, hetkoznap said:

Hi!

I recently upgraded my Emby server from 4.8.0.21 to 4.8.0.37 and I also upgraded the Next Gen plugin from 7.X.X (not sure which version it was) to 8.2.3.

I have a VBox TV Gateway to watch TV over the network. Previously I used the "VBox Home TV Gateway PVR Client" addon to watch TV in Kodi because a bug prevented TV channels from loading through the Emby server ("No compatible streams are currently available"). The upgrade fixed the bug and I tried the IPTV Simple Client to watch TV, but when I stop watching a channel the tuner remains locked as if I'm still watching that channel. So if I start watching a channel and switch to another, then I can't switch to a third because both my tuners will be busy/locked.

Why do the tuners stay locked after I stop watching a channel?

If I watch TV with Emby's own android app everything works fine, no channel lock error so I think there's probably something wrong with either the Next Gen plugin or the IPTV addon.

My setup:

• Server: 4.8.0.37 (Synology ARMv8 (x18 Series))
  • Player: Kodi 20.1 (Nvidia Shield with Android 11)
  • Plugin: Next Gen 8.2.3
  • Addon: IPTV Simple Client 20.10.1
  • TV tuner: VBox TV Gateway for Cable (XTi 3452)

I try to fix it in next version. Emby server doesn't stop streaming unless all clients (simultaneous playback) stopped watching. Unfortunately Kodi requests 3 times the same stream on a single playback. Plugin catches the second query, but missed the third.

quickmic

Info:

When using "Use path substitution" (plugin settings) in addon mode, disable the Kodi setting: "Media" -> "Videos" -> "Extract video information from files".

Keep "Extract chapter thumbnails" enabled, that's the only reason to "fake local files" so Kodi extracts the chapter images.

If not disabled, Kodi tries to extract metadata (in some edge cases). As a precaution, it's better to disable the "Extract video information from files" option.

Due to Kodi's API limitations, the plugin cannot do this automatically.

Edited by quickmic

Grumpy1
20 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Info:

When using "Use path substitution" (plugin settings) in addon mode, disable the Kodi setting: "Media" -> "Videos" -> "Extract video information from files".

Keep "Extract chapter thumbnails" enabled, that's the only reason "fake local files" so Kodi extracts the chapter images.

If not disabled, Kodi tries to extract them (in some edge cases). However, it's better to leave this option disabled.

Due to Kodi's API limitations, the plugin cannot do this automatically.

anyone know if this works on the 2019 shield TV ?

quickmic
2 hours ago, Grumpy1 said:

anyone know if this works on the 2019 shield TV ?

try it out, it's an on the fly setting. No need to resync. Worst could happen, mediafiles no longer playable. In this case switch "Use path substitution" back to off.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

quickmic
On 5/31/2023 at 9:19 PM, rav3ndk said:

You are correct that I am running in native mode. But should it not be possible to suppress the remote trailers/youtube links and only look for local trailers? Maybe add as an option? Alternative could be to have to option of not generating those youtube trailer links in the NFO files.

I found a bug, local trailers are not correctly synced. I'll fix that in next version.

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 8.2.4:

Delta changelog 8.2.3 -> 8.2.4

fix crash when invalid remotecontent requested to play
keep using same connection on Emby server reboot
minor changes in livetv stream init
fix livetv stream init issue
fix local trailers

Comment:

To fix the local trailer issue, a database repair sync or factory reset is mandatory.

This version could be declared as next beta if no issues are reported by the early bird testers.

Edited by quickmic

hetkoznap
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 8.2.4:

Delta changelog 8.2.3 -> 8.2.4

fix crash when invalid remotecontent requested to play
keep using same connection on Emby server reboot
minor changes in livetv stream init
fix livetv stream init issue
fix local trailers

Comment:

To fix the local trailer issue, a database repair sync or factory reset is mandatory.

This version could be declared as next beta if no issues are reported by the early bird testers.

Thanks for the quick update!

I tried the new version and if I start watching a channel and then stop it, it no longer locks the tuner. So it works great!
However if I don't stop the channel just switch to another, than the channel I was watching remains locked to one tuner and the new channel starts on the other tuner.

• Like 1

quickmic
11 minutes ago, hetkoznap said:

Thanks for the quick update!

I tried the new version and if I start watching a channel and then stop it, it no longer locks the tuner. So it works great!
However if I don't stop the channel just switch to another, than the channel I was watching remains locked to one tuner and the new channel starts on the other tuner.

Thanks for reporting, I'll check that too.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 8.2.5:

Delta changelog 8.2.4 -> 8.2.5

fix livetv streamclose issue