embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
1 hour ago, Mookdog said:

Here is a strange one @quickmic

I fired up 8.0.2 a bit ago and it got stuck adding a movie to my library. I have my paging set to 2 (To alleviate the 4.8.0.21 issue somewhat) and it gets stuck scanning. I will attach a kodi.logkodi.log

Mook

I lowered the timeout values in 8.X, probably too much for .21.

Mookdog
11 hours ago, quickmic said:

I lowered the timeout values in 8.X, probably too much for .21.

I am sorrry I meant 8.0.1. Anyway to fix ?

Thanks

Mook

quickmic
6 hours ago, Mookdog said:

I am sorrry I meant 8.0.1. Anyway to fix ?

Thanks

Mook

I'll check it, Was it ok in 8.0.0?

Mookdog

Ok here is the scenario

I had 8.0.1 was scanning in the usual startup updates to library and it froze on one of my movies. So what I did is I completely wiped my database and re-scanned in my library now it works. Dont know why it got hung up on the update of my library

Mook

quickmic
23 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

Ok here is the scenario

I had 8.0.1 was scanning in the usual startup updates to library and it froze on one of my movies. So what I did is I completely wiped my database and re-scanned in my library now it works. Dont know why it got hung up on the update of my library

Mook

It hung due to a Emby content Tag "4K Movies", not sure why this happened, but I'll check it. Most likely a timing issue. Tags should be loaded before the actual movie is added. This was not the case in your log. Defiantly something I need to investigate.

quickmic

Preview for the next version... Close to be finalized.

Remote control mode will be added. It's an extension of the watch together mode.

The Remote control mode "syncs" Boxes not just for one movie like in watch together. The remote control mode can be enabled via context menu (maybe in plugin's config menu as well, user interface is still under development). btw, in the video I forgot to enable the mode while first playback (after adding clients).

Additionally, each Box can control the other (if enabled in plugin config menu -> option).

As you can see the Kodi boxes are very in sync. There is just a tiny gap when I started the playback on the laptop. TV set Kodi box receives the absolute accurate timestamps, but Kodi (internally) needs some time to "buffer/process" the commands. When I control the laptop's Kodi from TV set's Kodi, it's 100% in sync. -> Laptop is much faster.

Also you can see the cellphone is running Emby App. It does not support the custom APIs and is a bit off. Not too much, but sill.

Further information when next version is released.

btw, actually there are 4 Boxes assigned. You cannot see the 4th, it's in the other room.

https://youtu.be/HNQnvbu9jzg

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

Mookdog
16 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Preview for the next version... Close to be finalized.

Remote control mode will be added. It's an extension of the watch together mode.

The Remote control mode "syncs" Boxes not just for one movie like in watch together. The remote control mode can be enabled via context menu (maybe in plugin's config menu as well, user interface is still under development). btw, in the video I forgot to enable the mode while first playback (after adding clients).

Additionally, each Box can control the other (if enabled in plugin config menu -> option).

As you can see the Kodi boxes are very in sync. There is just a tiny gap when I started the playback on the laptop. TV set Kodi box receives the absolute accurate timestamps, but Kodi (internally) needs some time to "buffer/process" the commands. When I control the laptop's Kodi, it's 100% in sync. -> Laptop is much faster.

Also you can see the cellphone is running Emby App. It does not support the custom APIs and is a bit off. Not too much, but sill.

Further information when next version is released.

btw, actually there are 4 Boxes assigned. You cannot see the 4th, it's in the other room.

https://youtu.be/HNQnvbu9jzg

Once again incredible work

Thanks @quickmic

Edited by Mookdog
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

New version available 8.0.2:

Delta changelog 8.0.1 -> 8.0.2

fix skip intro
fix artwork cache issue
improve http communication
major changes in player controls
new remote control function added
watch together/remote mode, could forward control to supported clients (option) -> multi box control
add NowPlayingQueue support -> requested here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/116318-playlist-bei-wiedergabe-auf-anderem-gerät-leer/#comment-1229462
fix sleep mode

Limitations:

iso and bmdv content not tested and probably broke

Comment:

complete artwork refresh is necessary when using cached mode (delete old artwork)

Remote mode specific:
realtime sync disabled when remote mode is active
multicontent selection currently disabled in watch together or remote mode
intros (cinemamode) is disabled  in watch together or remote mode
artwork cache is recommended for remote mode
pause command re-syncs clients (if not already accurate)
Native mode not tested

Additional info:

Remote mode needs lots of resources from Emby server -> proportional to the clients
Therefore all unnecessary queries are disabled (like realtime sync etc). Artwork cache avoids additional queries therefore recommended.
The Client Kodi boxes stays in sync even without realtime updates. Each client plays the same content, ergo they know that's been played can update the progress internally. New Emby server content is not received while remote mode.
Once remote mode is disabled, "startup sync" is triggered to catch up.
3rd party client are not recommended to use in remote mode unless the are supporting the custom APIs (currently none). The may flood Emby server with queries and delays all clients.
All boxes in remote mode must be time synced! (Timezone may differ, but unixtime must be accurate)
I didn't test each an every combination of the remote mode settings, therefore a screenshot attached. Let me know if there are any problems.

wt-settings.png

Edited by quickmic

• 2 weeks later...
Gizzmo80

Hi quickmic,

you mentioned iso probably broken. Yes all my Emby entrys with iso files are not synced with 8.x

• Like 1

quickmic
6 hours ago, Gizzmo80 said:

Hi quickmic,

you mentioned iso probably broken. Yes all my Emby entrys with iso files are not synced with 8.x

Ok, I'll check that in the next days.

• Like 1

quickmic
On 3/9/2023 at 9:07 AM, Gizzmo80 said:

Hi quickmic,

I tested an DVD iso in addon mode. No issue found, please elaborate in which mode and what kind of iso you try to play.

Also please send me a kodi.log for review.

Edited by quickmic

Gizzmo80

It‘s not an issue of playback, these Emby entrys are completely ignored while syncing database.

I had one new entry and wondered why it doesn‘t show up in KODI. So I did a KODI database reset and wanted to build it new with 8.0.2. But now all my entrys pointing to an bd iso are ignored while syncing. All pointing to mkv files are synced.

What is the default and recommended mode named? I believe it was not nativ, was it addon mode? so am in the mode with cryptical URLs to the files 😀

quickmic
4 hours ago, Gizzmo80 said:

It‘s not an issue of playback, these Emby entrys are completely ignored while syncing database.

I had one new entry and wondered why it doesn‘t show up in KODI. So I did a KODI database reset and wanted to build it new with 8.0.2. But now all my entrys pointing to an bd iso are ignored while syncing. All pointing to mkv files are synced.

What is the default and recommended mode named? I believe it was not nativ, was it addon mode? so am in the mode with cryptical URLs to the files 😀

Yes, default should be addon. What's a "bd iso"? Do you mean bluray?

As it's not a playback issue, I need  kodi.log after init sync for review.

Edited by quickmic

Gizzmo80

2023-03-10 22:57:33.556 T:25495    info <general>: EMBY.core.movies: Process item: The Book of Eli
2023-03-10 22:57:33.557 T:25495    info <general>: EMBY.core.movies: DELETE movie [283 / 283] 98746
2023-03-10 22:57:33.572 T:25495    info <general>: EMBY.core.movies: UPDATE movie [2 / 2957 / 2416] 98746: The Book of Eli
2023-03-10 22:57:33.573 T:25495   error <general>: EMBY.core.common: No mediastreams found for movie: 365428
2023-03-10 22:57:33.573 T:25495   error <general>: EMBY.core.common: No mediastreams found for movie: 478583
2023-03-10 22:57:33.573 T:25495   error <general>: EMBY.core.common: No mediastreams found for movie: 6820119
2023-03-10 22:57:33.574 T:25495    info <general>: EMBY.core.movies: Process item: Das Boot
2023-03-10 22:57:33.576 T:25495    info <general>: EMBY.core.movies: DELETE movie [284 / 284] 98006
2023-03-10 22:57:33.588 T:25495    info <general>: EMBY.core.movies: UPDATE movie [2 / 2958 / 2417] 98006: Das Boot

So at all lines were bluray iso files would be synced I get this „No mediastream found for movie: xxxxxxx“ error

On other KODI with 7.3.x all is synced, I would even say with 8.0.1 it was, but maybe I am wrong

So tryed 8.0.1 but the same. I believe they were in the database from 7.13.6. So went back to 7.13.6 and it works again.

Edited by Gizzmo80
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

New version available 8.0.3:

Delta changelog 8.0.2 -> 8.0.3

fix bluray sync
fix sync isse after remote mode disabled
add option to disable ssl verification

@Gizzmo80

Let me know if this fixes the blueray issue. If not, please send me a Kodi sync log in debug mode. Send me the log via PM, debug logs can include Emby server's (confidential) api key.

quickmic
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

New version available 8.0.3:

Delta changelog 8.0.2 -> 8.0.3

fix bluray sync
fix sync isse after remote mode disabled
add option to disable ssl verification

@Gizzmo80

Let me know if this fixes the blueray issue. If not, please send me a Kodi sync log in debug mode. Send me the log via PM, debug logs can include Emby server's (confidential) api key.

This version has an issue with multiversion-content. Probably skip it and wait for 8.0.4.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas

Hi, on LE 19, E4K 8.03

Issues observed,

it hanged at updating from previous version, I has to manually restart LB several times to get it clear cache and Textures

Local Emby Server was Identified but not active, I had to manually entered LAN IP

User ID and Password is not respected, I have to reset pw or removed pw completely, removed hide user from LAN remote 

Sorry I did not get log.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ohajezinaz

quickmic
15 hours ago, t123thomas said:

Hi, on LE 19, E4K 8.03

Issues observed,

it hanged at updating from previous version, I has to manually restart LB several times to get it clear cache and Textures

Local Emby Server was Identified but not active, I had to manually entered LAN IP

User ID and Password is not respected, I have to reset pw or removed pw completely, removed hide user from LAN remote 

Sorry I did not get log.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ohajezinaz

I come back to you, quite busy at the moment...

t123thomas
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

I come back to you, quite busy at the moment...

Not an urgent issue, I have it working, but just to post my experience.

I know this is still in the development stage.

• Like 1

quickmic
47 minutes ago, Grumpy1 said:

is there anyway to add Continue Watching which uses both TV and Movies in the same section yet ?

thanks

Remote mode or watch together?

For watch together it's disabled on purpose.

Grumpy1
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Remote mode or watch together?

For watch together it's disabled on purpose.

sorry i meant just the continue watching section  like in all the other apps ( next episode or finish a movie )

currently you need to add a either next episode or in progress tv shows for TV  and then another section for movies

im guessing its probably a kodi limitation

Edited by Grumpy1

e2zippo

Hey @quickmic!

Once again thank you for your continued support on this add on! 

I use it every day in my Kodi install.

I noticed Coreelec just released a stable version with Kodi 20 Nexus.

How well does the add on work in Nexus? Would you say is it stable enough for a daily driver?