embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

LittleWizard
On 2/12/2023 at 12:14 AM, Eigeplackter said:

Hi Mic,

this evening I installed the new beta, as I was hoping to fix the following behaviour:

As external player I'm using MPC-HC with MadVR via KODI.

Even though I have all settings, remember ..., applied, Playback starts at the beginning

and not the offered (inside KODI) start playback at 26:11.

image.thumb.jpeg.d08e1b5d6928654fb847f4c976d98e7c.jpeg

This is my pcf.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>300</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv|iso" player="MPC-HC">
<rule protocols="http|https" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="VideoPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-HC\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>300</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|m2ts|vob|bdmv|iso" player="MPC-HC">
<rule protocols="http|https" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="VideoPlayer"/>
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Additionally, at the end of an episode I have to exit of the player as seemless does not seem to be supported with an external player.

Kodi shows the next episode on homescreen for just second, and than brings up the just watched episode as unwatched.

I'm not even sure if this has to do with the plugin, just wanted to make sure.

If you need additonal information, just ask.

Maybe is related to the fact that with emby app if I cast to embyforkody, but also to upnp renderer, resume point is not respected. It seems to be something in emby server and not the embyforkody addon....

LittleWizard

I'll revert to 7.x because 8.x by now does not offers advantages and frequently failed to play because the resource is nota avilable (I have to quit kodi and reopen it)

LittleWizard

8.x frequently tells me that the resource is not available on play. I have to quit kodi on android tv and restart to make it work. So the problem seems something is addon connection after a standby or something similar. The problem persists with both path substitution on or off in addon settings. Subs problem is still there.

I'll revert to more reliable 9.x

• Like 1

quickmic
35 minutes ago, LittleWizard said:

8.x frequently tells me that the resource is not available on play. I have to quit kodi on android tv and restart to make it work. So the problem seems something is addon connection after a standby or something similar. The problem persists with both path substitution on or off in addon settings. Subs problem is still there.

I'll revert to more reliable 9.x

8.X is an experimental version. I'll review this issue, but focus is currently on adding features not stabilization.

So yes, there will be bugs in 8.X and 7.X is the current stable version.

Edited by quickmic

838Joel
7 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

I'll revert to 7.x because 8.x by now does not offers advantages and frequently failed to play because the resource is nota avilable (I have to quit kodi and reopen it)

I'm on 8.0.1, I have the same behavior, mostly I make it happened when I turn off my Android TV and let Kodi running in the background, and when I turn iback on later the TV then I cannot play anything from Kodi. I have to quit Kodi and start it again! Then all work again!

Kodi 20 running on an Android TV.

For me it is not a show stopper, because normally I always quit Kodi before turning off the TV, so I'll keep testing 8.x.x :)

• Like 1

Can the watch together feature be used for media boxes (emby for kodi) on the same house?

Currently only working on the client side? How does it work? 2 users have to choose the watch together at the same time?

And also, does this feature work in "addon only mode" or also native mode?

Edited by djhifi

Mookdog
6 hours ago, djhifi said:

Can the watch together feature be used for media boxes (emby for kodi) on the same house?

Currently only working on the client side? How does it work? 2 users have to choose the watch together at the same time?

And also, does this feature work in "addon only mode" or also native mode?

Admin holds a watch party so he picks a movie or show. After he picks a list of available clients will pop up u highlight each one u want to join. Give a few. Boom MAGIC. As of 8.0.2 u can use Kodi next gen to hold a watch party with devices using emby ATV or regular android and many more. Mind u it is still in early stages and still very much developmental.

Kudos to @quickmic

DarWun

@quickmicUpdated to 8.0.1 earlier this week, fully expecting to have issues (the excitement of testing new stuff to stay on the cutting edge 😉 ). And I'm happy to report everything is working flawlessly! I'll post back if I notice any odd behaviour.

But for now, smooth sailing.

Edited by DarWun
  • Like 1

quickmic
Just now, DarWun said:

@quickmicUpdated to 8.0.1 earlier this week, fully expecting to have issues (the reality of testing new stuff 😉 ). And I'm happy to report everything is working flawlessly! I'll post back if I notice any odd behaviour.

But for now, smooth sailing.

Yes, but 8.0.1, 8.0.2 are relatively close to 7.X. Hold on for next version, surly you have more success finding bugs there 😁 (just kidding)

• Haha 1

838Joel

8.0.1, just have a little glitch.

Was playing a show, I stopped it a minute before the end, when back and was marked has not watch but stopped in the middle around 18+ minutes where I resumed!

Then when resume, I forwarded until the end almost (like a min before the end) and stop again the show... when back now was display as played!

It is strange and a first... Will keep an eye on that and if this happen again I'll post again.

DarWun
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes, but 8.0.1, 8.0.2 are relatively close to 7.X. Hold on for next version, surly you have more success finding bugs there 😁 (just kidding)

Found a couple minor things with 8.0.1. First, when doing a database reset E4K doesn't seem to actually reboot at the end. I've reset a few times now, and each time I've had to force a shutdown by unplugging my rpi4.

Issue number two: intro skip doesn't seem to work. The option for intro skip shows up as expected. But selecting it results in the episode playback starting at the beginning instead of skipping to the intro skip point.

i'll provide a log shortly...I accidentally wiped the logs from when I observed the reported behavior. Doh!!!

Edited by DarWun

quickmic
3 hours ago, DarWun said:

Issue number two: intro skip doesn't seem to work. The option for intro skip shows up as expected. But selecting it results in the episode playback starting at the beginning instead of skipping to the intro skip point.

This is a known issue. The jump position is wrong and will be fixed in next version.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
3 hours ago, 838Joel said:

8.0.1, just have a little glitch.

Was playing a show, I stopped it a minute before the end, when back and was marked has not watch but stopped in the middle around 18+ minutes where I resumed!

Then when resume, I forwarded until the end almost (like a min before the end) and stop again the show... when back now was display as played!

It is strange and a first... Will keep an eye on that and if this happen again I'll post again.

Was the position also incorrect on Emby server? I assume yes.

quickmic
6 minutes ago, JavierPa said:

Hello!

I am trying to install the zip on kodi Matrix on Nvidia Shield but the downloaded zip does not appear.

What should I do?

Have you installed any next-gen version? If yes, no need to download the file, you can access it via Kodi's filemanager -> kodi.emby.media -> Public testing

JavierPa
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Have you installed any next-gen version? If yes, no need to download the file, you can access it via Kodi's filemanager -> kodi.emby.media -> Public testing

Thanks for the reply.

I have the zip in the internal memory of the Shield and Kodi (nexus, I was confused), and the zip does not appear.

JavierPa
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Ok, it was a file permissions option in the shield, it's solved, thanks!

quickmic
6 minutes ago, JavierPa said:

How can I install version 7?

I have installed the 1.0.7 repository but version 6 appears installed.

you need to pull it from beta repo.

JavierPa
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

you need to pull it from beta repo.

Thanks, This is the recommended version, what should I have installed?

Screenshot_20230220-175842_Galería.png

838Joel
11 hours ago, quickmic said:

Was the position also incorrect on Emby server? I assume yes.

Cannot tell, if this happen again I'll keep an eye on the server as well! But my guess is yes also!

• Like 1

quickmic
12 minutes ago, JavierPa said:

Thanks, This is the recommended version, what should I have installed?

Screenshot_20230220-175842_Galería.png

8.X version is experimental and can have bugs.. 7.X is stable.

Edited by quickmic

Mookdog

Here is a strange one @quickmic

I fired up 8.0.2 a bit ago and it got stuck adding a movie to my library. I have my paging set to 2 (To alleviate the 4.8.0.21 issue somewhat) and it gets stuck scanning. I will attach a kodi.logkodi.log

Mook