embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
5 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Excellent, thanks for the explanation.  I was kind of right then the other day when I said I thought the plugin wasn't using the profile and was just using the codec.

Well, that doesn't sound easy.  However, if you do it then I'm willing to test.

Writing a mapping table is actually not a big deal. Collecting all the infos is.

I need to compare Kodi's codec with Emby servers codec info.

I already started downloading lots of samples from here -> https://www.demolandia.net/

Mostly Emby and Kodi are reporting the same codec but the "exotic" ones are different.

• Like 1

FrostByte

At least you don't have to worry about DTS:X and Atmos :)  Having them in the filename and skin works.  In fact DTS-HD is the only one that isn't working for me.  Though all my stuff is mainstream from commercial discs so not really too exotic.

I will say though that there is format the plugin helps with.  Ever since Kodi started recognizing HDR I guess that takes precedence over having HDR10plus in the skin code so it no longer worked.  Using e4k it doesn't get overridden and I'm now seeing HDR10+ flags again.  So, another thumbs up for e4k there.

quickmic

Actually all dts codes are different but seems only the dts's. Hdr info is 66% correct, Kodi has 3 different cases while Emby reports only two of them.

btw, dts info are correct on Emby server, Kodi devs imho used another workaround due to poor database design. (Kodi has many design flaws).

Kodi Audio codec

codec-kodi.thumb.png.0870916aed94a4857456e270e15a2a62.png

Emby Audio codec

codec-emby.thumb.png.bca84c61910b5ba562d103581f662158.png

Kodi hdr codec

codec-kodi-hdr.thumb.png.595e725eb736eada04268a03e543c34b.png

Emby hdr codec

codec-emby-hdr.thumb.png.b5e8daf855f530d06a7e4ee9825cfcf3.png

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Okay, I'm just going to throw this out there and not expecting anything.  However, I don't use e4k for music mainly for one reason. 

Kodi will scrape the disc title for boxsets if tagged using musicbrainz disc titles.  For instance, if you buy The Beatles boxset Kodi will use the DISCSUBTITLE tags and you will see Sgt Peppers, Abbey Road, etc.  Whereas Emby just names them Disc 1, Disc 2, etc.  I have a 100 disc Mozart boxset and it really annoys me not to be able to see what is on that disc.  It's been a FR for a while now and if not for that one thing I would add my music library to e4k also.  

Love using e4k to sync video info though from different clients.

10 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Did you use the new Python scrapers?  TMdB Python and TVdB v4 I think they are.  Supposedly that's the direction they are going.  I haven't tried any other scrapers.  Just know when I use those two the DTS-HD flags show correctly in Estuary (and AZR).

Okay, thanks.  I can test if you come up with something.  I'm becoming a pro at removing and adding libraries now 😂

BTW: this may, or may not, be related and I know you don't use nfo files.  However, I noticed awhile back that Emby was writing something like 'dca' as the codec for all DTS when writing nfo files.  Kodi and TMM will use the following formats.  Which is why I stopped write nfos with Emby, just read them to get the watch status, etc.

lossy:

<audio>
        <codec>DTS</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>1</channels>
      </audio>

lossless:

<audio>
        <codec>DTSHD_MA</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>6</channels>
      </audio>

nfo plugin update is up.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
10 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Okay, I'm just going to throw this out there and not expecting anything.  However, I don't use e4k for music mainly for one reason. 

Kodi will scrape the disc title for boxsets if tagged using musicbrainz disc titles.  For instance, if you buy The Beatles boxset Kodi will use the DISCSUBTITLE tags and you will see Sgt Peppers, Abbey Road, etc.  Whereas Emby just names them Disc 1, Disc 2, etc.  I have a 100 disc Mozart boxset and it really annoys me not to be able to see what is on that disc.  It's been a FR for a while now and if not for that one thing I would add my music library to e4k also.  

Love using e4k to sync video info though from different clients.

This is something for @Luketo review. Emby server doesn't collect/report this info.

DiscSubtitle1.thumb.png.9d0fb1508dbb73e705a59edae345a9d8.pngDiscSubtitle3.thumb.png.b309c5a9fb65e34c4803c0861c222a8d.pngDiscSubtitle2.thumb.png.ff7e5518478dc26ab57ec31677ff0d3b.png

{
   "Name":"100 Best Guitar Classics",
   "ServerId":"340db0b299b54b96be86e8833edaf096",
   "Id":"7469",
   "DateCreated":"2023-07-21T05:08:39.0000000Z",
   "PresentationUniqueKey":"04da13f323274da1bf6fad713fc1d7db",
   "SortName":"100 Best Guitar Classics",
   "Genres":[
      "Baroque",
      "Classical",
      "Zarzuela"
   ],
   "RunTimeTicks":3711477550,
   "ProductionYear":2016,
   "ProviderIds":{
      "MusicBrainzAlbum":"203f745e-bd79-40aa-8495-a1865465f344",
      "MusicBrainzReleaseGroup":"3b5097c4-c2df-4505-8f66-215e7e44cc42",
      "MusicBrainzAlbumArtist":"89ad4ac3-39f7-470e-963a-56509c546377",
      "DiscogsRelease":"15649866"
   },
   "IsFolder":true,
   "Type":"MusicAlbum",
   "Studios":[
      {
         "Name":"Warner Classics",
         "Id":7473
      }
   ],
   "GenreItems":[
      {
         "Name":"Baroque",
         "Id":7470
      },
      {
         "Name":"Classical",
         "Id":7471
      },
      {
         "Name":"Zarzuela",
         "Id":7472
      }
   ],
   "ParentLogoItemId":"3315",
   "ParentBackdropItemId":"3315",
   "ParentBackdropImageTags":[
      "2bb3efdb86be391cb272de026dc490b2"
   ],
   "UserData":{
      "PlaybackPositionTicks":0,
      "PlayCount":0,
      "IsFavorite":false,
      "Played":false
   },
   "Artists":[
      "Joaquín Rodrigo"
   ],
   "ArtistItems":[
      {
         "Name":"Joaquín Rodrigo",
         "Id":"7474"
      }
   ],
   "Composers":[

],
   "AlbumArtist":"Various Artists",
   "AlbumArtists":[
      {
         "Name":"Various Artists",
         "Id":"3315"
      }
   ],
   "ImageTags":{
      "Primary":"e6814f03a389a9a785438052ff9e5289",
      "BoxRear":"3be1f34f8e345b4c0c6176321ac04490"
   },
   "BackdropImageTags":[

],
   "ParentLogoImageTag":"f9fedd909e9d9386176eec9742a16f57",
   "Library":{
      "Id":"7465",
      "Name":"music-disc-subtitle"
   }
}

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

quickmic

New BETA version available 8.2.9:

Delta changelog 8.2.8 -> 8.2.9

add emby sources to sources.xml (fixes Kodi's masterlock issue)
(re)add Kodi workaround for episode bookmarks (default on)
disable http2 by default
fix minor sync issue and improve incremental performance
fix IPV6 websocket connection -> https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/issues/471
fix media flags (codec infos)

• Like 1

FrostByte
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Delta changelog 8.2.8 -> 8.2.9

add emby sources to sources.xml (fixes Kodi's masterlock issue)
(re)add Kodi workaround for episode bookmarks (default on)
disable http2 by default
fix minor sync issue and improve incremental performance
fix IPV6 websocket connection -> https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/issues/471

Excellent.  I've checked all the codecs I have and they look like what I would expect in the default skin.

Using the Estuary skin this is what I see for DTS.  

• DTS core only > DTS flag
  • DTS-HD > DTS MA flag
  • DTS:X > DTS MA flag (as expected)

With AZR skin I noticed DTS:X and DTS both have a DTS:X flag.  When I was browsing the code the other day I found it's looking for DTS-X or DTSX so not sure what's up with that as the DTS core only movies have just '.DTS.' in the filename.  Anyhow, unless you think it's something on your side I will either try and remove DTS from the filename of DTS core only movies (luckily not many) to see if that helps, or go back to the skin dev and see what he says.

Found Emby sources in sources.xml.  Looks good.  Nothing else on the list really affects me I don't think or that I've noticed before.

Anyhow, thanks @quickmic excellent work again.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Scratch all the stuff about AZR skin and DTS core media using DTS:X flag.  Sorry if you even gave it a second thought.  As soon as I saw the filename I realized what was probably going on and renamed all x265 to h265.  Will address with Beatmasterss if he can handle that differently.

High.Noon.1952.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264

Anyhow, thanks for the everything and @Lukefor addressing DTS codec in nfo files.

• Thanks 1

Grumpy1
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

Should any of this help with displaying dolby vision flag , arctic horizon 2 displays this but not using emby , its been mentioned here before but i still could never get it to display.

just curious with the new codec info if it should( still doesnt on my end)

thanks

quickmic
21 minutes ago, Grumpy1 said:

Should any of this help with displaying dolby vision flag , arctic horizon 2 displays this but not using emby , its been mentioned here before but i still could never get it to display.

just curious with the new codec info if it should( still doesnt on my end)

thanks

It's synced to Kodi's database. You must trigger a library repair..

FrostByte

Dolby Vision flags working for me using Artic Zephyr Reloaded and 8.2.9.  I removed my libraries and readded though because I'm testing things out.

I'm using .DV. in my filenames, but AZR will read other strings in the filename also seen below.  AH2 probably looking for something similar.

Anyhow, working good here with latest beta e4k.

<expression name="IsVideoDolbyVision">
    String.IsEqual(ListItem.HdrType, dolbyvision) | String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,.dv.) | String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,dolbyvision) | String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,dolby-vision) | String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,dolby vision)
    | [VideoPlayer.IsFullscreen + [String.IsEqual(VideoPlayer.HdrType, dolbyvision) | String.Contains(Player.FileNameAndPath,.dv.) | String.Contains(Player.FileNameAndPath,dolbyvision) | String.Contains(Player.FileNameAndPath,dolby-vision) | String.Contains(Player.FileNameAndPath,dolby vision)]]
</expression>

image.jpeg.328af58b416de6a2eddac9306d1eba15.jpeg

Edited by FrostByte

Grumpy1
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

It's synced to Kodi's database. You must trigger a library repair..

currently transferring a bunch of files so will check when done but pretty sure i did this already

42 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Dolby Vision flags working for me using Artic Zephyr Reloaded and 8.2.9.  I removed my libraries and readded though because I'm testing things out.

I'm using .DV. in my filenames, but AZR will read other strings in the filename also seen below.  AH2 probably looking for something similar.

String.IsEqual(ListItem.HdrType, dolbyvision) | String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,.dv.) | String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,dolbyvision) | String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,dolby-vision) | String.Contains(ListItem.FileNameAndPath,dolby vision)
    | [VideoPlayer.IsFullscreen + [String.IsEqual(VideoPlayer.HdrType, dolbyvision) | String.Contains(Player.FileNameAndPath,.dv.) | String.Contains(Player.FileNameAndPath,dolbyvision) | String.Contains(Player.FileNameAndPath,dolby-vision) | String.Contains(Player.FileNameAndPath,dolby vision)]]
</expression>

thanks , i can get hdr flags to show but not dolby vision for some reason , i have reloaded as well ( skin i used before AH2) so i can try with it

FrostByte

Another thing I noticed is now I have an extra HDR flag using e4k that never showed without the plugin.

Looking at my picture above of the movie 1917 I now have HDR, HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision flags.   Assuming that extra HDR flag is coming from Emby's data and others from skin and/or Kodi.  

filename:

1917.2019.2160p.UHD.Blu-ray.DV.HDR10plus.TrueHD.Atmos.8ch.h265.Remux

Edited by FrostByte

quickmic
53 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Another thing I noticed is now I have an extra HDR flag using e4k that never showed without the plugin.

Looking at my picture above of the movie 1917 I now have HDR, HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision flags.   Assuming that extra HDR flag is coming from Emby's data and others from skin and/or Kodi.  

filename:

1917.2019.2160p.UHD.Blu-ray.DV.HDR10plus.TrueHD.Atmos.8ch.h265.Remux

Kodi 20 adds hdr flags directly into the database, so does the plugin:

from xbmc code:

std::string CStreamDetails::HdrTypeToString(StreamHdrType hdrType)
{
  switch (hdrType)
  {
    case StreamHdrType::HDR_TYPE_DOLBYVISION:
      return "dolbyvision";
    case StreamHdrType::HDR_TYPE_HDR10:
      return "hdr10";
    case StreamHdrType::HDR_TYPE_HLG:
      return "hlg";
    case StreamHdrType::HDR_TYPE_NONE:
    default:
      return "";
  }
}

Dolbyvision and hdr10 is supported by plugin, but not hlg. -> Emby server doesn't report hlg.

How it's displayed depends on the skin.

btw. that's what I mentioned here:

Hdr info is 66% correct, Kodi has 3 different cases while Emby reports only two of them.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

FrostByte
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Kodi 20 adds hdr flags directly into the database, so does the plugin:

from xbmc code:

std::string CStreamDetails::HdrTypeToString(StreamHdrType hdrType)
{
  switch (hdrType)
  {
    case StreamHdrType::HDR_TYPE_DOLBYVISION:
      return "dolbyvision";
    case StreamHdrType::HDR_TYPE_HDR10:
      return "hdr10";
    case StreamHdrType::HDR_TYPE_HLG:
      return "hlg";
    case StreamHdrType::HDR_TYPE_NONE:
    default:
      return "";
  }
}

Dolbyvision and hdr10 is supported by plugin, but not hlg. -> Emby server doesn't report hlg.

How it's displayed depends on the skin.

btw. that's what I mentioned here:

Thanks for the info.  Think I found the section of code in the skin I need.  

Grumpy1
7 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Dolby Vision flags working for me using  and 8.2.9.  I removed my libraries and readded though because I'm testing things out.

</expression>

still no dv flags for me at all in AH2

I can get them in Artic Zephyr Reloaded if i add it to the filename but not just from the file itself

weird

FrostByte
13 hours ago, Grumpy1 said:

still no dv flags for me at all in AH2

I can get them in Artic Zephyr Reloaded if i add it to the filename but not just from the file itself

weird

You might have to ask the skin dev how they are detecting DV.  Is it a different string in the filename, or are they searching Kodi for HDR_TYPE_DOLBYVISION, etc.  

I fixed my issue with the 3 HDR flags being shown in AZR.  Just had to add dots before and after the string searches for HDR, HDR10, and HDR10plus.  Obviously, HDR10plus has all 3 strings which is why I would see all 3 flags.  So, now all is good with AZR including DV and all flavors of DTS.

• Like 1

Grumpy1
1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

You might have to ask the skin dev how they are detecting DV.  Is it a different string in the filename, or are they searching Kodi for HDR_TYPE_DOLBYVISION, etc.  

I fixed my issue with the 3 HDR flags being shown in AZR.  Just had to add dots before and after the string searches for HDR, HDR10, and HDR10plus.  Obviously, HDR10plus has all 3 strings which is why I would see all 3 flags.  So, now all is good with AZR including DV and all flavors of DTS.

ok thanks

SwanStream

@quickmicdo you know why I keep loosing my "link to emby? Every few days I get that ol' "access restricted" and have to remove server and re-add server. Its not the end of the world, but its close!😉

quickmic
5 hours ago, SwanStream said:

@quickmicdo you know why I keep loosing my "link to emby? Every few days I get that ol' "access restricted" and have to remove server and re-add server. Its not the end of the world, but its close!😉

I need a kodi.log for review.

Pejamas

Any one else having issues with 8.2.9 and artwork not updating? If i update posters in emby normally it would change in kodi nearly instantly. Now I need to repair library for the change to happen.

quickmic
1 hour ago, Pejamas said:

Any one else having issues with 8.2.9 and artwork not updating? If i update posters in emby normally it would change in kodi nearly instantly. Now I need to repair library for the change to happen.

I'll check that.