embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

Eisi2005

Thanks for the new version, unfortunately the VPN connection breaks even with websocket connection turned off.

quickmic
4 hours ago, Eisi2005 said:

Thanks for the new version, unfortunately the VPN connection breaks even with websocket connection turned off.

Probably the websocket connection issue is just a side effect. Sounds the VPN is not stable.

Eisi2005

i suspect it is a problem with the wireguard client on android. Under windows it works, and under the 7.xx it also worked, but there was probably no websocket.

LittleWizard
21 hours ago, quickmic said:

I experienced the same issue. I reviewed kodi-logs, currently not sure why this happens. Everything I saw in the logs indicates a Kodi or 3rd party plugin issue, I'll continue review.

Probably a http2 issue. I haven't tested yet, it's next on my list. -> Test with disabled http2 (there is an option in plugin's config menu for that)

Do you use stock skin?

Yes I use stock skin.

My addons are only embyforkodi, tvheadend.

Yesterday I made a clean reinstallation of kodi. If I'll have other hangs on stop I'll try disabling http2 

Never had hangs on stop with tvheadend recordings or playing files from the usb memory so I suspect that is related to embyforkodi plugin...

quickmic
20 minutes ago, LittleWizard said:

Never had hangs on stop with tvheadend recordings or playing files from the usb memory so I suspect that is related to embyforkodi plugin...

Yes, but this local content and not http.

Since, I disabled http2 I never had a single freeze so far.

rotational467
On 19/06/2023 at 12:22, quickmic said:

New BETA version available 8.2.8:

Delta changelog 8.2.7 -> 8.2.8

fix tvtunes

Can confirm, E4K can now see TvTunes 2.0.8 and theme media sync is now working perfectly for me with Kodi 20.1/Emby 4.8.0.39/E4K 8.2.8 (set to link mode, didn't try download).  Thank you @quickmic!

• Like 1

Hello again.

Sadly I still have some problems with embyforkodi. 

I have kodi 20.1 on my nvidia shield (2015). Emby Server (4.7.13.0) runs on unraid 6.12.

On my kodi installment I have 5 different user profiles. An admin profile and for each family member one user profile. 
The emby server has also 5 users which are the same as in kodi. 

I activated the embyforkodi plugin in each kodi user profile, have logged in with the corresponding user and chose addon mode. So far so good. The profiles of my two kids and my wife did just fine. All movies and tvshows are synchronized and watchable.

But the admin and my profile are not working. I can log in and I can choose the libraries. And the sync is starting, but it ends abruptly at some point. And after that there are no media files seeable in kodi. As if the library was being cleaned up again. I tried it with my whole library, and tried it with parts of it. It is the same result.

I also did delete my personal kodi profile and added a new one. Still not working. The funny part is, that new media files are synched to the three accounts of my family members as soon as they are logged in. So, these accounts are working very well.

But I have no clue why the admin and my profile are not working. 

I posted a log here and attached it to this posting.

My Logfile

kodi.log

quickmic
15 minutes ago, nadkp said:

Hello again.

Sadly I still have some problems with embyforkodi. 

I have kodi 20.1 on my nvidia shield (2015). Emby Server (4.7.13.0) runs on unraid 6.12.

On my kodi installment I have 5 different user profiles. An admin profile and for each family member one user profile. 
The emby server has also 5 users which are the same as in kodi. 

I activated the embyforkodi plugin in each kodi user profile, have logged in with the corresponding user and chose addon mode. So far so good. The profiles of my two kids and my wife did just fine. All movies and tvshows are synchronized and watchable.

But the admin and my profile are not working. I can log in and I can choose the libraries. And the sync is starting, but it ends abruptly at some point. And after that there are no media files seeable in kodi. As if the library was being cleaned up again. I tried it with my whole library, and tried it with parts of it. It is the same result.

I also did delete my personal kodi profile and added a new one. Still not working. The funny part is, that new media files are synched to the three accounts of my family members as soon as they are logged in. So, these accounts are working very well.

But I have no clue why the admin and my profile are not working. 

I posted a log here and attached it to this posting.

My Logfile

kodi.log 128.42 kB · 0 downloads

I need the log after you started the init sync of the not working profile.

The log you posted is perfect, but not the one related to the reported issue.

It is. I completly deleted the old kodi.log and startet kodi, logged into my profile and tried to add a library. 

But because this wasn't helpful enough, I resetted the profile and started from scratch. Set it all back, waited for kodi to shut down. Deleted the log file. Started kodi again, logged into my personal user profile. Then automatically embyforkodi asked me for native or addon mode. I chose addon mode, connected to the server, chose my emby profile, chose for a faster synch just one library and let embyforkodi do its magic.

Here is the result and attached

kodi.log

quickmic
3 minutes ago, nadkp said:

It is. I completly deleted the old kodi.log and startet kodi, logged into my profile and tried to add a library. 

But because this wasn't helpful enough, I resetted the profile and started from scratch. Set it all back, waited for kodi to shut down. Deleted the log file. Started kodi again, logged into my personal user profile. Then automatically embyforkodi asked me for native or addon mode. I chose addon mode, connected to the server, chose my emby profile, chose for a faster synch just one library and let embyforkodi do its magic.

Here is the result and attached

kodi.log 136.64 kB · 0 downloads

That's more or less the same log as before and it reports that movie content was added. There is not a single issue in the log, it's perfect.

You mentioned syncing stopped some point? All I see, the sync was successfully completed no interruption, no bug, nothing.

e.g. "Im Krisenstab des US-Präsidenten" was added.

Perform a test with stock skin, stock Kodi and only your profile. Use a PC, for debugging. It's much easier.

I seriously doubt, there is a plugin issue.

2 hours ago, quickmic said:

That's more or less the same log as before and it reports that movie content was added. There is not a single issue in the log, it's perfect.

You mentioned syncing stopped some point? All I see, the sync was successfully completed no interruption, no bug, nothing.

e.g. "Im Krisenstab des US-Präsidenten" was added.

Perform a test with stock skin, stock Kodi and only your profile. Use a PC, for debugging. It's much easier.

I seriously doubt, there is a plugin issue.

Yes, I thought so too, but I wanted to take the unknown out of the equation. Just because the other profiles work, I don't believe in a bug in the plugin either.
I will get back to you with results

• Like 1

Okay, I was able to fix the problem up to a certain point. But i'm not sure if it doesn't have something to do with embyforkodi.

It has to do with the kodi master lock.

I don't understand that because I've always used it since I had kids. That means 10+ years. Every user profile has a 4 digit numeric password except the youngest child. When the lock is enabled, each account has the problem of not showing library content. If the main lock is disabled, everything works fine. 

I double checked to see if I had a setting in the locks wrong and tried it without locks. As soon as a pin is to be entered, the content of the libraries disappears.

Now I am completely clueless. I will check tomorrow if it is a kodi problem by testing a local kodi database without emby. 
In the kodi.tv forum, there are similar problems with jellyfin server. The found a workaround and I will test that too.

Let you all know.

Thanks for your help

quickmic
7 hours ago, nadkp said:

Okay, I was able to fix the problem up to a certain point. But i'm not sure if it doesn't have something to do with embyforkodi.

It has to do with the kodi master lock.

I don't understand that because I've always used it since I had kids. That means 10+ years. Every user profile has a 4 digit numeric password except the youngest child. When the lock is enabled, each account has the problem of not showing library content. If the main lock is disabled, everything works fine. 

I double checked to see if I had a setting in the locks wrong and tried it without locks. As soon as a pin is to be entered, the content of the libraries disappears.

Now I am completely clueless. I will check tomorrow if it is a kodi problem by testing a local kodi database without emby. 
In the kodi.tv forum, there are similar problems with jellyfin server. The found a workaround and I will test that too.

Let you all know.

Thanks for your help

Ok, sounds like it has something to do with the sources.xml. Makes no sense, that the master lock is related to the sources.xml file. However, sometimes Kodi dev doing really weird things, I'll check.

quickmic

Replace the sources.xml (for master and all user profiles) with following content:

<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
                <name>emby-for-kodi-next-gen-addon-video-path-substitution</name>
                <path pathversion="1">/emby_addon_mode/</path>
                <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
        <source>
                <name>emby-for-kodi-next-gen-addon-video</name>
                <path pathversion="1">http://127.0.0.1:57342/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
        <source>
                <name>emby-for-kodi-next-gen-addon-music-path-substitution</name>
        </source>
        <source>
                <name>emby-for-kodi-next-gen-addon-music</name>
        </source>
    </music>
    <pictures>
        <source>
                <name>emby-for-kodi-next-gen-addon-pictures-path-substitution</name>
        </source>
        <source>
                <name>emby-for-kodi-next-gen-addon-pictures</name>
        </source>
    </pictures>
    <files>
        <source>
            <name>kodi.emby.media</name>
            <path pathversion="1">http://kodi.emby.media</path>
        </source>
    </files>
    <games>
    </games>
</sources>

If you confirm this works, I'll add the modifications in next version.

btw, the master lock seems not respecting dynamic content. But that's Kodi's problem.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

Eisi2005

After under 8.xx my vpn no longer works for a native mode, I have now switched to the recommended addon mode. I had understood that with 8.xx also the chapter thumbnails are displayed ? With the native emby app on the shield the images are displayed to me, with kodi not. I use emby server 4.7.13.0 and embyforkodi 8.2.8. Do I need to enable this somehow ?

quickmic
2 minutes ago, Eisi2005 said:

After under 8.xx my vpn no longer works for a native mode, I have now switched to the recommended addon mode. I had understood that with 8.xx also the chapter thumbnails are displayed ? With the native emby app on the shield the images are displayed to me, with kodi not. I use emby server 4.7.13.0 and embyforkodi 8.2.8. Do I need to enable this somehow ?

Enable path substitution: plugin config menu -> sync -> use path substitution

Eisi2005

Thanks for your quick help. I have now enabled the item and disabled the image extraction in kodi itself. Unfortunately nothing has changed. I have also completely reset everything again. Attached a Kodi.log

kodi.log

quickmic
3 minutes ago, Eisi2005 said:

image extraction in kodi itself

Don't to that. Kodi needs image extraction.

Eisi2005

More and more questions are coming up right now. I had the last months imemr the feeling that the image quality of the post etc were not quite so good. Now I have found this point in the settings. What do I have to set so that the images are taken in the best quality ? Or is it so set already the best quality ?

kodi.jpg

quickmic
1 minute ago, Eisi2005 said:

More and more questions are coming up right now. I had the last months imemr the feeling that the image quality of the post etc were not quite so good. Now I have found this point in the settings. What do I have to set so that the images are taken in the best quality ? Or is it so set already the best quality ?

kodi.jpg

Yes it is, that's the best quality setting. Keep those options disabled and plugin/Kodi uses the native images.

Are the chapters working now?

2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Replace the sources.xml (for master and all user profiles) with following content:

If you confirm this works, I'll add the modifications in next version.

btw, the master lock seems not respecting dynamic content. But that's Kodi's problem.

Works like a charm. Thank you so much. Is there any way I can make a donation for you for programming this amazing piece of software and for your never-ending help? 

• Like 1

quickmic
7 minutes ago, nadkp said:

Works like a charm. Thank you so much. Is there any way I can make a donation for you for programming this amazing piece of software and for your never-ending help? 

You are welcome, and thanks for the offer. No need for donations.

• Like 1

Eisi2005
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Yes it is, that's the best quality setting. Keep those options disabled and plugin/Kodi uses the native images.

Are the chapters working now?

Chapters are working now, thanks

• Like 1

SwanStream

Ver 8.2.8 - "Error - Your access to Emby is restricted"  Don't know if this error is related to latest build, but started when it updated. Is this unrelated or would a log help? Thx.

quickmic
4 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Ver 8.2.8 - "Error - Your access to Emby is restricted"  Don't know if this error is related to latest build, but started when it updated. Is this unrelated or would a log help? Thx.

I changed something in the server connection code, but not the actual login methods. I think it's unrelated

Does a new server login solve the issue?