embyforkodi (next-gen) 8.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
13 hours ago, SwanStream said:

NO idea how to share logs from the shield so can't provide that info unless there are simple instructions on how to.

There are Kodi plugins for log upload. Not sure how it's called, you will find it.

LittleWizard
22 hours ago, RaptorCentauri said:

Using 8.2.8 native mode, intro-skip does not seem to work.The dialog never appears and I have tried both interface options. It was working in previous versions.

Does work for me.

RaptorCentauri
19 hours ago, quickmic said:

Can you please check if Emby server still has skip Intro info (are they working on WebUI).

WebUI is working. Also on E4K it started working intermittently (sometimes it shows sometimes it does not) but I can't see any consistency to it.

quickmic
4 hours ago, RaptorCentauri said:

WebUI is working. Also on E4K it started working intermittently (sometimes it shows sometimes it does not) but I can't see any consistency to it.

Maybe skin related, you could disable the "ask for skip intro", so the intros are automatically skipped. If this works it's not a issue with the actualy functionality.

Also a Kodi.log might help.

djhifi

8.2.8 and prompting "Your access to Emby is restricted" on one of my machines.

Username, server and password seem ok because content is syncing (and playing).

Any suggestions I can try besides nuking the database and resetting add-on settings on that particular machine?

Edited by djhifi

quickmic
1 hour ago, djhifi said:

8.2.8 and prompting "Your access to Emby is restricted" on one of my machines.

Username, server and password seem ok because content is syncing (and playing).

Any suggestions I can try besides nuking the database and resetting add-on settings on that particular machine?

Re-login to server:

plugin config menu -> "emby for kodi" -> connect to server" -> "add server" (you can reconnect to the same server)

• Like 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Re-login to server:

plugin config menu -> "emby for kodi" -> connect to server" -> "add server" (you can reconnect to the same server)

If this doesn't help, please send me a kodi.log. Maybe a false positive and the core issue is somewhere else in your server communication.

djhifi
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

Re-login to server:

Yeah, my eyes scrolled on that option but didn't interact before coming here. Will try.

EDIT: It's not working. Keeps prompting that. I also resetted the database and addon settings and doesn't fix it. Can it be related to my recent Synology migragtion from DSM6 to DSM7? Maybe some permissions? 

I can't really see anything out of the extraordinary permission-wide both in Emby server (user has access to libraries) as well as Synology DSM (user has access to all disks of the library)

Checking the log and I see lots of this (error?)

2023-07-14 23:08:54.394 T:4844     info <general>: EMBY.core.tvshows: Process item: Lesbian Request Denied

I solved it. Adding the user to Admin (in Emby) solved it.

Did you add this prompt in recent E4K versions? This user was never an Admin and it's the first time I'm getting this prompt so the question...

Maybe adding an option in E4K settings for these type of stuff to be manually hidden?

Edited by djhifi

LittleWizard

I can quite confirm that hang on stop problem was not about embyforkodi, but kodi itself.

Few days ago I aupdated kodi to 20.2 on Nvidia shield android tv using play store.

After updated there was a bug because the kodi icon was linking to the app on the playstore instead of opening kodi (I had to run it from the info page on te playsore).

So I downloaded kodi apk from kodi page and reinstalled over existing one.

It started to hang on stop very frequently.

I completly uninstalled it, reinstalled from scratch from play store (this time no bug in the link of the kodi icon).

Kodi worked perfectly without any hang on stop.

For me latest embyforkodi addon is almost perfect on Android and Libreelec (RPi 4)

• Like 1

FrostByte

Is the issue of the addon receiving all DTS as core something that can be fixed, or is there nothing that can be done?  I've found several posts, but nothing definite on anything except a PR being mentioned awhile back. 

When the addon syncs with Emby all DTS-HD is identified as core (except DTS:X) and then when you play the media Kodi writes the proper codec in its db which fixes all the badges, but the next time a sync is done it's right back to DTS core again.

Other than that minor issue, the addon seems to run very well.  Really only a visual thing.

I've got 8.2.8 and Kodi 20.2 running on Android 11.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Log file added movie Hugo with DTS-HD 7.1 track, but got added as dts core into Kodi.  If I use the latest Kodi scraper though it gets added as DTS-HD.

Just guessing from the pics below it's using the codec field and not the profile for DTS.

image.png.fcedc0b0f6c4ecac20a0c9fe38ee563e.png

image.png.81371d47cb1a34ede0e5f9cd20002535.png

https://paste.kodi.tv/yamecuxoru.kodi

quickmic
13 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Log file added movie Hugo with DTS-HD 7.1 track, but got added as dts core into Kodi.  If I use the latest Kodi scraper though it gets added as DTS-HD.

Just guessing from the pics below it's using the codec field and not the profile for DTS.

image.png.fcedc0b0f6c4ecac20a0c9fe38ee563e.png

image.png.81371d47cb1a34ede0e5f9cd20002535.png

https://paste.kodi.tv/yamecuxoru.kodi

Which skin do you use and what's the filename of the movie? Kodi/Skins/Skinhelpers usually extracts the media tags from filenames.

Edited by quickmic

FrostByte
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

Which skin do you use and what's the filename of the movie? Kodi/Skins/Skinhelpers usually extracts the media tags from filenames.

Just the default theme and Artic Zephyr Reloaded which both display the same.  Do any skins still get DTS-HD from the filename anymore?  I've been told that Kodi now scrapes the DTS information from the audio track and that they no longer get that information from the filename.

I use TMM which by default is renaming DTSHD like below.

Hugo.2011.2160p.UHD.Blu-ray.DV.HDR10.DTSHD-MA.8ch.h265.Remux

FrostByte

I was looking through the code for AZR and I don't see anything for DTSHD.  Only flags I'm seeing are Atmos, DTS:X, HLG, DV, and HDR10plus which all work using Embycon because the skin reads those.   From what I understand all skins are getting away from reading DTSHD and HDR/HDR10 in filenames now that Kodi scrapes those and adds them to their db.

If skins are indeed getting away from using DTSHD in filenames couldn't the plugin somehow use the profile from Emby's db for DTS?

Picture of default skin with an episode.  I can't seem to find the Estuary code though to confirm what it uses just in case it didn't remove the flag, but I'm using TMM's Kodi format for naming so I'm guessing that's good.  

If need be, I could try renaming all my DTSHD to something else using Bulkrename tool, but not sure Estuary is my thing :)

BTW the only Kodi wiki I can find for movie naming was written for some old default called Confluence, so that' really outdated unless I missed something newer.

Downton.Abbey.S01E01.Episode.1.1080p.Blu-ray.DTSHD-MA.2ch.VC-1

image.jpeg.92cb3f09352ba724fdf825809c4f842d.jpeg

Edited by FrostByte

LittleWizard

Today suddenly Embyforkodi stopped working giving me an error. No file can be played. I also tried unistalling addon, deleting its settings folder and resetting kodi database.

I reinstalled addon, make a syn and was working, but after exiting kodi end restartin, again the same error and nothing plays.

kodi.log

FrostByte
6 hours ago, FrostByte said:

I was looking through the code for AZR and I don't see anything for DTSHD.  Only flags I'm seeing are Atmos, DTS:X, HLG, DV, and HDR10plus which all work using Embycon because the skin reads those.  

Of course, when I said Embycon above I meant EFK/next-gen.  🤪

quickmic
8 hours ago, LittleWizard said:

Today suddenly Embyforkodi stopped working giving me an error. No file can be played. I also tried unistalling addon, deleting its settings folder and resetting kodi database.

I reinstalled addon, make a syn and was working, but after exiting kodi end restartin, again the same error and nothing plays.

kodi.log 50.83 kB · 0 downloads

Your advancedsettings.xml is corrupted.

quickmic
14 hours ago, FrostByte said:

I was looking through the code for AZR and I don't see anything for DTSHD.  Only flags I'm seeing are Atmos, DTS:X, HLG, DV, and HDR10plus which all work using Embycon because the skin reads those.   From what I understand all skins are getting away from reading DTSHD and HDR/HDR10 in filenames now that Kodi scrapes those and adds them to their db.

If skins are indeed getting away from using DTSHD in filenames couldn't the plugin somehow use the profile from Emby's db for DTS?

Picture of default skin with an episode.  I can't seem to find the Estuary code though to confirm what it uses just in case it didn't remove the flag, but I'm using TMM's Kodi format for naming so I'm guessing that's good.  

If need be, I could try renaming all my DTSHD to something else using Bulkrename tool, but not sure Estuary is my thing :)

BTW the only Kodi wiki I can find for movie naming was written for some old default called Confluence, so that' really outdated unless I missed something newer.

Downton.Abbey.S01E01.Episode.1.1080p.Blu-ray.DTSHD-MA.2ch.VC-1

image.jpeg.92cb3f09352ba724fdf825809c4f842d.jpeg

What happens when you sync the file directly with Kodi. (without e4k plugin). Does Kodi detect the media flag?

Edited by quickmic

FrostByte
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

What happens when you sync the file directly with Kodi. (without e4k plugin). Does Kodi detect the media flag?

Yes, using the recommended TVdBv4 Python scraper all is good.  Same with the TMdB Python scraper for movies.  Both of which detect the audio codec as DTS-HD.

Picture of AZR skin, but the default Estuary skin also shows the correct flag.

image.jpeg.ebe358d580eb72df3fcb41607e05fe6f.jpeg

• Like 1

quickmic
5 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Yes, using the recommended TVdBv4 Python scraper all is good.  Same with the TMdB Python scraper for movies.  Both of which detect the audio codec as DTS-HD.

Picture of AZR skin, but the default Estuary skin also shows the correct flag.

image.jpeg.ebe358d580eb72df3fcb41607e05fe6f.jpeg

I checked with your filenaming and I don't see any media flags with stock estuary. Artic Zephyr Reloaded only reports bluray.

Not sure what's you setup, but seems you have additional plugins/helpers running. Maybe nfos?

Please perform testing with stock kodi .

No reproducible test case, no way to fix the issue. btw I'm still not convinced, it's a plugin issue.

Kodi usually loads the media flag info from filenames and not from the database (exception is hdr) or scrapers, but the database sync is the only way how the plugin could cause the issue.

I tested your filenaming and an actual dts file with stock Kodi (no next-gen plugin). As mentioned, no flags.

EDIT:

I think a found some issues... Emby server reports the codec in a different pattern that Kodi. I'll check what I can do.

The filenameing's extraction is not really working in Kodi.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 2

FrostByte

Did you use the new Python scrapers?  TMdB Python and TVdB v4 I think they are.  Supposedly that's the direction they are going.  I haven't tried any other scrapers.  Just know when I use those two the DTS-HD flags show correctly in Estuary (and AZR).

1 hour ago, quickmic said:

EDIT:

I think a found some issues... Emby server reports the codec in a different pattern that Kodi. I'll check what I can do.

The filenameing's extraction is not really working in Kodi.

Okay, thanks.  I can test if you come up with something.  I'm becoming a pro at removing and adding libraries now 😂

BTW: this may, or may not, be related and I know you don't use nfo files.  However, I noticed awhile back that Emby was writing something like 'dca' as the codec for all DTS when writing nfo files.  Kodi and TMM will use the following formats.  Which is why I stopped write nfos with Emby, just read them to get the watch status, etc.

lossy:

<audio>
        <codec>DTS</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>1</channels>
      </audio>

lossless:

<audio>
        <codec>DTSHD_MA</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>6</channels>
      </audio>

7 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Did you use the new Python scrapers?  TMdB Python and TVdB v4 I think they are.  Supposedly that's the direction they are going.  I haven't tried any other scrapers.  Just know when I use those two the DTS-HD flags show correctly in Estuary (and AZR).

Okay, thanks.  I can test if you come up with something.  I'm becoming a pro at removing and adding libraries now 😂

BTW: this may, or may not, be related and I know you don't use nfo files.  However, I noticed awhile back that Emby was writing something like 'dca' as the codec for all DTS when writing nfo files.  Kodi and TMM will use the following formats.  Which is why I stopped write nfos with Emby, just read them to get the watch status, etc.

lossy:

<audio>
        <codec>DTS</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>1</channels>
      </audio>

lossless:

<audio>
        <codec>DTSHD_MA</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>6</channels>
      </audio>

That’s an easy adjustment that can be made.

quickmic
16 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

lossy:

<audio>
        <codec>DTS</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>1</channels>
      </audio>

lossless:

<audio>
        <codec>DTSHD_MA</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <channels>6</channels>
      </audio>

It has nothing todo with the srcapers.

Kodi (can) extract the info from the files by analysis. This is working correct.

Kodi can also use media tags (media flags) but ignores most of them.

Kodi options -> Media -> Videos -> Use video tags/extract video information from files.

When extracted by file (tags are correct), Kodi inserts the info in the database.

codec1.thumb.png.a3cc907f05d63cbddc7b748b571f4349.png

Native Kodi synced content

Plugin gets info from Emby server and Emby server reports a different format:

{
               "Codec":"dts",
               "Language":"eng",
               "TimeBase":"1/1000",
               "DisplayTitle":"English DTS-HD MA 7.1 (Default)",
               "DisplayLanguage":"English",
               "IsInterlaced":false,
               "ChannelLayout":"7.1",
               "BitDepth":24,
               "Channels":8,
               "SampleRate":48000,
               "IsDefault":true,
               "IsForced":false,
               "Profile":"DTS-HD MA",
               "Type":"Audio",
               "Index":1,
               "IsExternal":false,
               "IsTextSubtitleStream":false,
               "SupportsExternalStream":false,
               "Protocol":"File",
               "ExtendedVideoType":"None",
               "ExtendedVideoSubtype":"None",
               "AttachmentSize":0
            }

... codec = dts

So the only way is, additionally writing a mapping table. e.g. codec=dts + profile=DTS-HD MA means in Kodi terms codec="dtshd_ma"

Edited by quickmic

FrostByte
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

... codec = dts

So the only way is to additionally write a mapping table. e.g. codec=dts + profile= DTS HD MA means in Kodi terms = "dtshd_ma"

Excellent, thanks for the explanation.  I was kind of right then the other day when I said I thought the plugin wasn't using the profile and was just using the codec.

Well, that doesn't sound easy.  However, if you do it then I'm willing to test.