Top Picks support thread

chef

I don't think we'll be able to rename the library. There is some internal code that relys on the library being named "Top Picks".

But, if it is because you would like the library named "Top Picks", but in another language, then we can probably figure something out 😃

Edited by chef

If you are going to have Top Picks ignore New Releases can you have New Releases ignore Top Picks. I mentioned this in New Release thread that they are not meshing well together. Thanks @chef keep up the awesome work.

Idealbrandon
22 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Have you run the update top picks task? Try run it again. 

So I was able to get this working this morning, but only partially. My Update top picks task kept failing with no explanation in my logs. I ended up restarting my synology and things are working now, except for on my home screen I only see 4 of my 9 top picks. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 5.12.43 PM.png

1 hour ago, Idealbrandon said:

So I was able to get this working this morning, but only partially. My Update top picks task kept failing with no explanation in my logs. I ended up restarting my synology and things are working now, except for on my home screen I only see 4 of my 9 top picks. 

Does that user account have any parental controls on it? I'd love to see logs if possible 😃

Edited by chef

Happy2Play

Scheduled Task js still is not updating properly

Run task

image.png.283162b53c706bf69ec801324fb2b34d.png

Restart Server

image.png.d6f5f1e97fcd3b09373f9fe28364a787.png

image.thumb.png.578e692ed07e4ff22f573b956887e151.png

• Agree 1

Junglejim

First I have to say this is a great plugin! Love it.

My preference is to enable the thumb image option, I think it looks the part. ;)

One thing I've noticed is that the created thumb image seems to override my main library images or is it just adding a new entry for some reason (Thor love and thunder)...?

Screenshot_2022-10-28_20-31-27.thumb.png.b851ace7e1059ab48d9be16ddc74ee6e.png

This one is not a double entry "Super-Pets" (so maybe not?)..

Screenshot_2022-10-28_21-20-14.thumb.png.0e3efaf2fb544f144a72d10d8ab54fb7.png

Also within other plugins, this is the stats plugin.. Screenshot_2022-10-28_20-34-25.thumb.png.da07f5dc79abc3883467cb47c3e933bf.png

Whats strange about the above screenshot is that "Werewolf by Night" is in my Top Picks and is says it was added 1 day ago (which would of been a update of the plugin) but it was added way before that originally. As you can see "Newest Premiered" has the right image... 😕

The same thing is true for your other channel plugin "New Releases".

Maybe it's because it's a new movie lib/folder not sure.. :)

Edited by Junglejim

2 hours ago, Junglejim said:

My preference is to enable the thumb image option, I think it looks the part. ;)

One thing I've noticed is that the created thumb image seems to override my main library images or is it just adding a new entry for some reason (Thor love and thunder)...?

Also within other plugins, this is the stats plugin.. Screenshot_2022-10-28_20-34-25.thumb.png.da07f5dc79abc3883467cb47c3e933bf.png

Whats strange about the above screenshot is that "Werewolf by Night" is in my Top Picks and is says it was added 1 day ago (which would of been a update of the plugin) but it was added way before that originally. As you can see "Newest Premiered" has the right image... 😕

Have you tried installing last night release of the New Release plugin? That seemed to fix that problem, as I had the same problem. I would uninstall both and start over with the new update.

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer

hey @chef just an idea, and up to you.  but i always put the latest release on the first post and update that, that way there is only one version in circulation and it's always the latest.

:D 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Junglejim said:

I can explain the creation date. That is how we are ordering the rows from 1 to 9.

Emby home screen will order items by date added.

So, we alter the creation date inorder to organize the row.

This will be a side effect of that process.

Technically it's kind of correct, that top pick item was added on that date, even though the actual library item was added before.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

hey @chef just an idea, and up to you.  but i always put the latest release on the first post and update that, that way there is only one version in circulation and it's always the latest.

:D 

I did that at the bottom of the page...

Maybe I better move it up near the beginning of the post.

Screenshot_20221028-100929.thumb.png.e183d49793c8561f27492d43e9158e9d.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Scheduled Task js still is not updating properly

Run task

image.png.283162b53c706bf69ec801324fb2b34d.png

Restart Server

image.png.d6f5f1e97fcd3b09373f9fe28364a787.png

image.thumb.png.578e692ed07e4ff22f573b956887e151.png

I've seen this before sometime after a server restart the last run time is not correct.

I've also seen the incorrect last run time when I load the schedule task page for the first time in the browser.

Do the other tasks show a correct last run time?

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, chef said:

Do the other tasks show a correct last run time?

Yes Update Top Picks task is the only one, Calculate user engagement shows correctly.

• Thanks 1

Junglejim
11 hours ago, Bottles51 said:

Have you tried installing last night release of the New Release plugin? That seemed to fix that problem, as I had the same problem. I would uninstall both and start over with the new update.

Thanks for the heads up, the new version of "New Releases" (v. 1.0.0.4) is working great now. 👍

Cheers @chef

Junglejim
10 hours ago, chef said:

I can explain the creation date. That is how we are ordering the rows from 1 to 9.

Emby home screen will order items by date added.

So, we alter the creation date inorder to organize the row.

This will be a side effect of that process.

Technically it's kind of correct, that top pick item was added on that date, even though the actual library item was added before.

Thanks for the explanation, It just seemed odd that it was showing up in "more like this" recommendations. All good, I can live with that. :) 👍

14 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Thor love and thunder, yeah that duplicate issue with "more like this..." Is kind of annoying.

Junglejim
6 hours ago, chef said:

Thor love and thunder, yeah that duplicate issue with "more like this..." Is kind of annoying.

Yea, It doesn't bother me too much now as I know what the cause is. The same goes for "Continue Watching".

This is my Admin account and I don't watch any media with this account but I thought I'd test it.

Main lib movie + New Releases + Top Picks..

Screenshot_2022-10-29_13-13-34.thumb.png.e2c91237b4e397aebe7c76f685443d86.png

As I said it doesn't bother me, I know what's what and when I've finished watching it it will be removed. :)

Some of my other users could get confused but I've already tuned them in. 👍

Edited by Junglejim

Idealbrandon
On 10/27/2022 at 6:17 PM, chef said:

Does that user account have any parental controls on it? I'd love to see logs if possible 😃

Chef, I realized all of the ones that are missing are actually already watched titles that were manually added to the top picks queue. I can't find it in the thread, but I seem to remember reading that this is the intended behavior, right?

1 hour ago, Idealbrandon said:

Chef, I realized all of the ones that are missing are actually already watched titles that were manually added to the top picks queue. I can't find it in the thread, but I seem to remember reading that this is the intended behavior, right?

Could be.

If 9 items exist in the configuration, then 9 items should exist on the home screen (or in the library), unless parental controls stop an item from displaying. 

There could be something more happening there.

Junglejim
6 hours ago, Idealbrandon said:

Do you have "hide fully played content from latest media" enabled in home settings?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Do you have "hide fully played content from latest media" enabled in home settings?

🤯 Brilliant Jim!!

Could that be it??!?

On 10/27/2022 at 5:13 PM, Idealbrandon said:

Is this still happening? 

Spaceboy

with the updated movie collections plugin, top picks is generating the library ok but out of order. but its probably my setup.

tiny media manager sets the file added date to the movie release date during the metadata collection process. i then have the following setting in library -> advanced

image.png.52a4926208788fa8e4d2558e6964e7b1.png

i do this because... reasons.

However if the latest media plugin is also working then those reasons disappear. just trying latest media...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaceboy said:

with the updated movie collections plugin, top picks is generating the library ok but out of order. but its probably my setup.

tiny media manager sets the file added date to the movie release date during the metadata collection process. i then have the following setting in library -> advanced

image.png.52a4926208788fa8e4d2558e6964e7b1.png

i do this because... reasons.

However if the latest media plugin is also working then those reasons disappear. just trying latest media...

Quick question, is it out of order on the home screen or in the library?

Also, are you using nfo metadata?

Edited by chef

Spaceboy
2 hours ago, chef said:

Quick question, is it out of order on the home screen or in the library?

Also, are you using nfo metadata?

both and different orders on both

yes to .nfo

Anyway to hide what has already been viewed on the home screen everywhere BUT the top picks?

I don’t want to see the movies and tv shows I have already watched in other rows, but when this is enabled my top picks row looks strange as items are missing from the count and makes for an odd end user experience. 

thanks!

• Agree 1