Top Picks support thread

chef

Things seemed good and then the memory just went sky high and now I can't log into Emby Should I delete the top picks.dll and try to install again?  

image.png

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, STR8 said:

Things seemed good and then the memory just went sky high and now I can't log into Emby Should I delete the top picks.dll and try to install again?  

Dev will have to comment but removing/reinstalling the plug will not make a difference.

• Like 1

I had a question which may seem silly, but I was wondering if we could remove the latest on some of the titles? 

Example:

Latest Movies 

Latest 4 Movies and so on are good but instead of:

Latest New Releases could it just be New Releases?

Latest Top Picks could it just be Top Picks?

I don't know if I did something wrong but, on the homepage, it's not showing all the picks please see images but seems correct in the plugin.

Screenshot_6.png.19577276ce60912e3d80d4dc589b2927.pngScreenshot_5.thumb.png.c057a9c3d9d15687bf339edc575d31f9.png

2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Getting a massive memory leak after installing this plugin.

image.png.5cca85515bf64e3e01d024fa6a5720e9.png

This.

@Happy2Play

Did you run a top picks task and see the memory start increasing, or was it right when the server started?

Let me check my disposables. 

I'll be right back. 

Edited by chef

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, STR8 said:

This is how it looks in the Top Picks Folder

image.thumb.png.26ed397910b350f9bb182f3f9a83359a.png

On 10/18/2022 at 8:17 PM, chef said:

Entering the Top Picks library you should choose to "Sort by Date Added" to have the images order themselves.

1655186389_toppicksUI_5.thumb.png.38f03dd92bef508136bb52f793905d97.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, STR8 said:

This is how it looks in the Top Picks Folder

image.thumb.png.26ed397910b350f9bb182f3f9a83359a.png

Organize by date added.

30 minutes ago, STR8 said:

I don't know if I did something wrong but, on the homepage, it's not showing all the picks please see images but seems correct in the plugin.

Screenshot_6.png.19577276ce60912e3d80d4dc589b2927.pngScreenshot_5.thumb.png.c057a9c3d9d15687bf339edc575d31f9.png

Does this account have any parental controls on it?

36 minutes ago, STR8 said:

I had a question which may seem silly, but I was wondering if we could remove the latest on some of the titles? 

Example:

Latest Movies 

Unfortunately we can't control that, this is how the core of Emby handles the layout for the home screen. 😃

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, chef said:

This.

@Happy2Play

Did you run a top picks task and see the memory start increasing, or was it right when the server started?

Let me check my disposables. 

I'll be right back. 

After entering Top Picks items memory just seems to keep climbing.  But looks like it is related to Auto Grouping and Top Picks.

Will test again removing the Auto Grouping plugin.

Happy2Play

FYI removing the Auto Grouping plugin resolves the runaway memory issue for me as Top Pick items actually open.  Where with the Auto Grouping plugin Top Pick items will not actually open and gives a blank screen and memory climbs.

10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

After entering Top Picks items memory just seems to keep climbing.  But looks like it is related to Auto Grouping and Top Picks.

Will test again removing the Auto Grouping plugin.

Really... 

Happy do you know the fella who wrote the auto grouping plugin? It would be amazing to speak to him quickly about some of the logic he used to group items. That way I could try and work out a way to have both of these plugins co- exist together in emby.

Seems like there is more then a few users wanting to use both. 😬

I would rather not have to refund and stipulate top picks.  😮

Edited by chef

I think what is happening is top picks groups media sources.

But, if the auto-group plugin is seeing a top picks item (which is grouped already) it want to group the already grouped item.

I think that auto-group plugin needs to read the media sources connected to an item.Id and if it is larger then 1 available stream, ignore it. 

If the items media source count is 2, then it is already 'grouped'.

See what I'm trying to say?

It might be causing an endless grouping... hence the memory overload.

Edited by chef

Happy2Play
5 minutes ago, chef said:

Happy do you know the fella who wrote the auto grouping plugin?

Sorry no, but we can see he will comment here @MikePlanet as it looks like he was on not too long ago.

1 minute ago, chef said:

But, if the auto-group plugin is seeing a top picks item (which is grouped already) it want to group the already grouped item.

I think that auto-group plugin needs to read the media sources connected to an item.Id and if it is larger then 1 available stream, ignore it. 

Sounds about right as testing on Server auto grouped items from structure/naming scheme does not appear to have an issue.

Happy2Play

Scheduled Task not sure why every restart shows failed even after successful manual run.

Start server

image.png.e571eae66e3b62ffdaf6900bab74687c.png

manually run task

image.png.eb625b4a0044e7a2bab74d003d875beb.png

restart server

image.png

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

@STR8 Do you by chance have the Auto Grouping (autocollection.dll) plugin installed?

2 hours ago, STR8 said:

Example:

Latest Movies 

This can be done with Custom CSS but only applies to the web client not online web client or any other client/app.

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Scheduled Task not sure why every restart shows failed even after successful manual run.

Start server

image.png.e571eae66e3b62ffdaf6900bab74687c.png

manually run task

image.png.eb625b4a0044e7a2bab74d003d875beb.png

restart server

image.png

Is there a way I could see a log?

It will tell us exactly what happened there.

Thanks for your help Happy 👍

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, chef said:

Is there a way I could see a log?

It will tell us exactly what happened there.

Thanks for your help Happy 👍

Will have to look as it is like something is stuck as a new restart show more elapsed time.

image.png.313652641c675393daa9fa87b94ef0b0.png

But looking at the schedules task 4290dbf6-1f8f-c33c-0fff-52dc32f2cdfd.js I see this.

{"StartTimeUtc":"2022-10-23T18:35:49.6958816Z","EndTimeUtc":"2022-10-23T18:35:50.1291101Z","Status":"Failed","Name":"Update Top Picks","Key":"UpdateTopPicks","Id":"4290dbf61f8fc33c0fff52dc32f2cdfd","ErrorMessage":"Cannot execute a Task that is already running","LongErrorMessage":"   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)\r\n   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.<>c__DisplayClass68_0.<<Execute>b__0>d.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location ---\r\n   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.Execute(TaskOptions options)\r\n   at Emby.TopPicks.SpotlightLibraryUpdateScheduledTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)\r\n   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)"}

Not sure why the error posted there.

Edited by Happy2Play

2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Will have to look as it is like something is stuck as a new restart show more elapsed time.

image.png.313652641c675393daa9fa87b94ef0b0.png

But looking at the schedules task 4290dbf6-1f8f-c33c-0fff-52dc32f2cdfd.js I see this.

Cool, I can fix that. 

• Like 1

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, chef said:

Cool, I can fix that. 

I sort of resolved it by deleting the js file.  But the file currently does not update when the task is run so every restart will show the static datetime from the file.

Happy2Play

Running the Update Top Picks task in plugin, allowing it to finish then navigating to Top Picks library give a blank screen and console and log error.  Home Screen works fine.

localhost-1666572621884.log

2022-10-23 17:48:56.073 Debug Server: http/1.1 GET http://‌‍‍localhost‌:8097/emby/Items?ExcludeLocationTypes=Top Picks&Recursive=true&IncludeItemTypes=694ff1a675284a3c81ff501cf8d87692&SortBy=SortName[object Object]&fields=ProductionYear&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Microsoft Edge Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=842e42e7-2b7c-4d84-8d12-d5f5e26056a0&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.8.0. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/106.0.1370.52
2022-10-23 17:48:56.074 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.8.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.25227
	Framework: .NET 6.0.9
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Media/Desktop/Stable/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\system
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Error: near "[object Object]": syntax error - select A.type,A.Id,A.Name,A.ProductionYear,A.RunTimeTicks,A.guid,A.ParentId,A.Images from MediaItems A ORDER BY SortName[object Object] ASC
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteDatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(String sql, String& tail)
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.QueryItemsInTransaction[T](InternalItemsQuery query, IDatabaseConnection db, String[] columnsToSelect, Func`5 rowReaderFn, Boolean singleResult, String methodName)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItems(InternalItemsQuery query)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.QueryRecursive(InternalItemsQuery query)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetItemsInternal(InternalItemsQuery query)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetItems(InternalItemsQuery query)
	   at Emby.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.GetQueryResult(GetItems request, DtoOptions dtoOptions, User user)
	   at Emby.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.GetItems(GetItems request)
	   at Emby.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.Get(GetItems request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
	TargetSite: SQLitePCL.pretty.IStatement PrepareStatement(System.String, System.String ByRef)

2022-10-23 17:48:56.074 Debug Server: http/1.1 Response 500 to ‌‍‍::1‌. Time: 2ms. http://‌‍‍localhost‌:8097/emby/Items?ExcludeLocationTypes=Top Picks&Recursive=true&IncludeItemTypes=694ff1a675284a3c81ff501cf8d87692&SortBy=SortName[object Object]&fields=ProductionYear&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Microsoft Edge 

Seem to block all libraries as entering any library throws console and log error until Browser is Refreshed then everything is normal.

Only testing in 4.7.8.0.  

• Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
10 hours ago, chef said:

I would imagine that the autogroup plugin is just watching for the newItemAdded event and triggering immediately. Regardsless of any other tasks that might be running. 

It would be better if he added the option to enable run on new item added and set up a scheduled task to allow the user to set a time/interval for his plugin to run. 

or even add an ignore files in library if library == toppicks