Top Picks support thread

chef

wanted to give feedback, with the new option to not show anything on the original poster, it looks very clean to me now and the original poster remains untouched. 

I understand that the sort order cannot be influenced further, but is it possible to add the option to hide the folder completely?

With collections there is such a function in the view:

image.thumb.png.9a05e1ab6d0061c0fdb0c224007d9589.png

Thank you and best regards

Seger

• Thanks 1

Cheesegeezer
50 minutes ago, Seger said:

wanted to give feedback, with the new option to not show anything on the original poster, it looks very clean to me now and the original poster remains untouched. 

are you referring to this option?

image.png.6967a2c272e11f6dbfff30a8f68f49fc.png

I understand that the sort order cannot be influenced further, but is it possible to add the option to hide the folder completely?

Which sort order are you referring to?  is this Where in the libraries it is placed or the actual order of the items when entering the Top picks library

if it's the library display then you can put this where ever you want by moving it up or down the library list

image.thumb.png.05fc11d0d5d3e64b60819bb2238fc595.png

Just move it up or down

image.png.d66a3afb5b83391c5f16ced573e9c3ca.png

I'm not sure why you would want to do that, it's the whole point of the plugin.  Otherwise you wont see what is a top pick item and you wont see any top picks.

Very confused.

Seger

11 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Running the Update Top Picks task in plugin, allowing it to finish then navigating to Top Picks library give a blank screen and console and log error.  Home Screen works fine.

localhost-1666572621884.log 3.41 kB · 0 downloads

2022-10-23 17:48:56.073 Debug Server: http/1.1 GET http://‌‍‍localhost‌:8097/emby/Items?ExcludeLocationTypes=Top Picks&Recursive=true&IncludeItemTypes=694ff1a675284a3c81ff501cf8d87692&SortBy=SortName[object Object]&fields=ProductionYear&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Microsoft Edge Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=842e42e7-2b7c-4d84-8d12-d5f5e26056a0&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.8.0. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/106.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 Edg/106.0.1370.52
2022-10-23 17:48:56.074 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.8.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.25227
	Framework: .NET 6.0.9
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Media/Desktop/Stable/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\system
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Error: near "[object Object]": syntax error - select A.type,A.Id,A.Name,A.ProductionYear,A.RunTimeTicks,A.guid,A.ParentId,A.Images from MediaItems A ORDER BY SortName[object Object] ASC
	SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteDatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(String sql, String& tail)
	   at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.PrepareStatement(IDatabaseConnection This, String sql)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.QueryItemsInTransaction[T](InternalItemsQuery query, IDatabaseConnection db, String[] columnsToSelect, Func`5 rowReaderFn, Boolean singleResult, String methodName)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItems(InternalItemsQuery query)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.QueryRecursive(InternalItemsQuery query)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetItemsInternal(InternalItemsQuery query)
	   at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.GetItems(InternalItemsQuery query)
	   at Emby.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.GetQueryResult(GetItems request, DtoOptions dtoOptions, User user)
	   at Emby.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.GetItems(GetItems request)
	   at Emby.Api.UserLibrary.ItemsService.Get(GetItems request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: SQLitePCL.pretty
	TargetSite: SQLitePCL.pretty.IStatement PrepareStatement(System.String, System.String ByRef)

2022-10-23 17:48:56.074 Debug Server: http/1.1 Response 500 to ‌‍‍::1‌. Time: 2ms. http://‌‍‍localhost‌:8097/emby/Items?ExcludeLocationTypes=Top Picks&Recursive=true&IncludeItemTypes=694ff1a675284a3c81ff501cf8d87692&SortBy=SortName[object Object]&fields=ProductionYear&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Microsoft Edge 

Seem to block all libraries as entering any library throws console and log error until Browser is Refreshed then everything is normal.

Only testing in 4.7.8.0.  

This didn't seem to read the SortName properly from the list. I'll take a look.

Picks&Recursive=true&IncludeItemTypes=694ff1a675284a3c81ff501cf8d87692&SortBy=SortName[object,object]

1 hour ago, Seger said:

image.thumb.png.9a05e1ab6d0061c0fdb0c224007d9589.png

Seger

In the web app this can be done using custom css, but emby will show the library on all other clients.

On 10/23/2022 at 10:01 AM, Spegeli said:

2 Issues for me:

1) The Order on the Startpage are wrong.

2) There is a Move Called "X" from Year 2022. In the Plugin self the Name is correct but on the Startpage and when i click on it, there is a complete different "Movie"

Screen.png

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

This is fixed in Verison 1.0.0.19.

If NFO files exist for an item in the library, they are now serialized for use in top picks.

if an NFO files doesn't exist for an item in the library, then emby will attempt to identify the top pick item, and we hope it identifies it properly.

Top picks also now allows you to target a specific library. It is optional. If left empty, all movies are targeted.

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

Sorry for the late reply everyone I didn't want to seem ungrateful for your help it's just that I'm having issues getting into my emby server after the update so waiting for some help with that and I will update about top picks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Beziehen Sie sich auf diese Option?

image.png.6967a2c272e11f6dbfff30a8f68f49fc.png

Auf welche Sortierreihenfolge beziehen Sie sich? Ist dies Wo in den Bibliotheken wird es platziert oder die tatsächliche Reihenfolge der Elemente beim Betreten der Top-Picks-Bibliothek

Wenn es sich um die Bibliotheksanzeige handelt, können Sie diese an einer beliebigen Stelle platzieren, indem Sie sie in der Bibliotheksliste nach oben oder unten verschieben

image.thumb.png.05fc11d0d5d3e64b60819bb2238fc595.png

Bewegen Sie es einfach nach oben oder unten

image.png.d66a3afb5b83391c5f16ced573e9c3ca.png

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, warum Sie das tun möchten, es ist der springende Punkt des Plugins. Andernfalls sehen Sie nicht, was ein Top-Pick-Artikel ist, und Sie sehen keine Top-Picks.

Sehr verwirrt.

Relatively simple and I don't think you quite understand what I mean. Of course I can move the folders up and down, but I don't want to go in via the folder itself, I just want to display the Top Picks widgets. So I don't want the folder itself to be displayed, so I can only go in via widgets.

Happy2Play

@Seger So you want an option to hide the library but keep the row just line New Releases.

image.png.0d3f2232ef91d462a7e367caf7f860dd.png

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Happy2Play said:

@Seger So you want an option to hide the library but keep the row just line New Releases.

Ah, okay. @Seger,    Let me see if that is available in library creation. If it is, I will add it.

I find out...

• Agree 1

Vor 1 Minute sagte Happy2Play:

@SegerSie möchten also eine Option, um die Bibliothek auszublenden, aber die Zeile nur Zeile Neue Versionen beibehalten.

Yes, I think that's what I thought 🤣, does that make sense 🤷

Hi,

After installing the plugin and running both schedules, I'm not getting any results in the Top Picks folder.

The only time something appears is when I select something manually.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Cheesegeezer
35 minutes ago, Ninko said:

Hi,

After installing the plugin and running both schedules, I'm not getting any results in the Top Picks folder.

The only time something appears is when I select something manually.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Can you provide a log please.

try just selecting new release OR recently added in engagement config and run the engagement task. Don’t have both selected. This may be a bug as i had a similar issue but thought it was me.

cheers

Hello all :-),

two observations, I activated the new function to go exclusively to films, did not click on Update at the bottom but went via automatic scheduling. After that, films from the children's films section were also in the selection (see log). During the update, the Top Picks are empty and no longer visible (black library). In my opinion, the task should first be completed in the background and then the Top Picks should be changed. Afterwards, I clicked on Update Top Picks again, and enclosed the continuous log.

embyserver (3).txt embyserver (4).txt

Spaceboy

has there been any response from mikeplanet? unfortunately the auto movie grouping is essential for me and if we can't resolve the conflict i'd have to prioritise that over the (really) nice to have Top Picks

Junglejim
11 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

has there been any response from mikeplanet? unfortunately the auto movie grouping is essential for me and if we can't resolve the conflict i'd have to prioritise that over the (really) nice to have Top Picks

Doesn't Emby already do movie grouping?

I'm not to sure what this plugin you mentioned is all about. That's cool, I'm sure @chef will work it out. :)

Got to cater for everyone I guess.

GrimReaper
38 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

Doesn't Emby already do movie grouping?

It does if within same folder (multi-version naming convention) and/or library, ain't feasible across folders/libraries. 

Edited by GrimReaper

4 hours ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Can you provide a log please.

try just selecting new release OR recently added in engagement config and run the engagement task. Don’t have both selected. This may be a bug as i had a similar issue but thought it was me.

cheers

After unchecking new releases and running schedules again, seems to have fixed the problem. So I suspect your right, it doesn't like both options selected

Couple of simple questions.

What exactly does "Prefer custom thumb images" do?

And what does "Overwrite user defined items" mean?

Thanks

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, Ninko said:

After unchecking new releases and running schedules again, seems to have fixed the problem. So I suspect your right, it doesn't like both options selected

@chef  possible bug here if running toppicks for the first time and both options are

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ninko said:

Thanks

when selected, Prefer thumb images will create a custom ranked thumb image for your top pick item. Thumb images are more like the images you would see in the "Continue Watching" row of the Emby a 16:9 image. 

If it is left uncheck, a custom ranked image using the default primary image is used.

Overwrite user defined items: when selecting items in your top pick list, a "user defined item" (one you have manually added) will have a highlighter pin beside it it in the list. When the pin is active, the item will not change during engagement rotations.... Unless you toggle that switch. In that case, any user defined item will be overwritten.

2 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

@chef  possible bug here if running toppicks for the first time and both options are

Okay, I'll take a look and see. 

Thanks guys!!

1 hour ago, Spaceboy said:

I understand.

PM me and we can figure out what to do next.

Cheesegeezer
21 minutes ago, Ninko said:

Use Thumb/Landscape Images instead of Primary(Portrait).  The Thumb images are created using the backdrop and the Logo and look way better IMO

image.thumb.png.135895003f8ff6cf909661e91954de4d.png

21 minutes ago, Ninko said:

Thanks

This will overwrite anything in the list that isn't pinned

The options below in boxes are not pinned and will be regenerated and overwritten

image.png.499943f93b510fb1ae77a944eb14ed70.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seger said:

Hello all :-),

two observations, I activated the new function to go exclusively to films, did not click on Update at the bottom but went via automatic scheduling. After that, films from the children's films section were also in the selection (see log). During the update, the Top Picks are empty and no longer visible (black library). In my opinion, the task should first be completed in the background and then the Top Picks should be changed. Afterwards, I clicked on Update Top Picks again, and enclosed the continuous log.

embyserver (3).txt 265.76 kB · 0 downloads embyserver (4).txt 359.6 kB · 0 downloads

Okay. I'm taking a look. 

Thanks @chefand @Cheesegeezer.

One other question, will the top picks be different for each user based on what they watch etc, or is it based globally on what all users watch, i.e. the list will be the same for every user?

Thanks