Top Picks support thread

chef

Okay, I'm going to put a new release out.

• Fixed engagement task (I tried to ignore 4K content in the task... but, it's a bit hard to filter media sources)
  • Added TV Series  to top picks :)

Stay tuned!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy2Play
9 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Every time I update "Top Picks" via my Admin account in the web browser (firefox) the "Top Picks" library will be empty as will all my other libs (movies/collections/tv...). If I refresh the browser everything is back to normal. Oddly this does not affect the home "Latest Top Picks widget".

Anyone else run into this?

9 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Yup, same encountered on Edge and Chromium. Page refresh sorts it out, though. 

Do you get this when that happens?

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I have seen this as well.

It looks like the library refresh is causing it.

I'm not sure if it is because it runs two refreshes in a row.

I'll figure it out.

PuffyToesToo

I registered this yesterday, and happily paid for it, but when I go to the page to update the plugin, it is still asking for me to register. Could you let me know what else I need to do once you have a moment? Thanks!

27 minutes ago, PuffyToesToo said:

I registered this yesterday, and happily paid for it, but when I go to the page to update the plugin, it is still asking for me to register. Could you let me know what else I need to do once you have a moment? Thanks!

Did you happen to use the same email to register that you used to sign up to the community forum with?

let me know.  we'll get it fixed up for you.

Edited by chef
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Okay, I think I have fixed this.

I have worked on it all day, and I should be able to out something up that I believe will fix all of these, and add some extra cool stuff to the plugin.

Just a couple more tests and I think this is going to be pretty cool. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Yup, just checked the logs. 

17 minutes ago, chef said:

Okay, I think I have fixed this.

I have worked on it all day, and I should be able to out something up that I believe will fix all of these, and add some extra cool stuff to the plugin.

Just a couple more tests and I think this is going to be pretty cool. 

Nice one. 👍

• Thanks 1

Version 1.0.0.23

Things I was able to add/fix in this release

• Top Picks Library now re-creates itself as a "Mixed content" library (big one!)
  • TV Series are able to be added to Top picks (really big one!)
  • Re-design of the configuration page to allow for TV Series. (still a work in-progress) (big one!) I tried to make it look more like the other Emby config pages in the dashboard.
  • Fixed Engagement task broke when attempting to ignore 4K content
  • Only one library scan is run at the end of the Top Picks Refresh Task. (big one!)

Things I wasn't able to "fix"

• There is a chance that the Home Screen throws an error after a library refresh, and the first time you enter Top Picks it renders the library empty??? I thought I could fix this by limiting the library scans, but there is something else happening. This is browser specific, and only happens in the browsers. A page refresh fixes the issue. Could be the cache, but I'm unsure. Still working on it.
  • There is a slight wait while the config page loads large libraries. I have done my best to keep it unnoticeable.... hopefully. I look forward to feed back about that going forward.

TODO:

• In the configuration the "Library Location" select box doesn't change when switching content type. Needs to be fixed.
  • "Library Location" label should probably be changed to "Virtual Folders"
  • User engagement doesn't calculate tv shows yet. It will eventually, but it is going to take some work to get it calculating stats for that.
Edited by chef
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

rbjtech
3 minutes ago, chef said:

Version 1.0.0.23

• Top Picks Library now re-creates itself as a "Mixed content" library (big one!)
  • TV Series are able to be added to Top picks (really big one!)
  • Re-design of the configuration page to allow for TV Series. (still a work in-progress) (big one!)
  • Fixed Engagement task broke when attempting to ignore 4K content
  • Only one library scan is run at the end of the Top Picks Refresh Task. (big one!)

Things I wasn't able to "fix"

• There is a chance that the Home Screen throws an error after a library refresh, and the first time you enter Top Picks it renders the library empty??? I thought I could fix this by limiting the library scans, but there is something else happening. This is browser specific, and only happens in the browsers. A page refresh fixes the issue. Could be the cache, but I'm unsure. Still working on it.
  • There is a slight wait while the config page loads large libraries. I have done my best to keep it unnoticeable.... hopefully. I look forward to feed back about that going forward.

wow - TV Series - Impressive @chef ! 👍

• Thanks 1

Just now, rbjtech said:

wow - TV Series - Impressive @chef ! 👍

Thanks Rich! It took all day... and most of last night actually... luckily I have no life! So... uh... hopefully it works okay. 

think I found something here...

I may put together another release. in a moment.

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, chef said:

Version 1.0.0.23

Updated to 1.0.0.23, rerun tasks, however Top Picks library still lists as Movie-type. Was it supposed to recreate as Mixed content type or I misunderstood above?

image.png.b810fbc3cfb93a5df277bf9b476aa74c.png

13 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Updated to 1.0.0.23, rerun tasks, however Top Picks library still lists as Movie-type. Was it supposed to recreate as Mixed content type or I misunderstood above?

image.png.b810fbc3cfb93a5df277bf9b476aa74c.png

okay. "Remove" the library, and then restart the server.

It is a little tricky to remove a library because a plugin updated... and so it should be.

Let me know how it goes.

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper
19 minutes ago, chef said:

okay. "Remove" the library, and then restart the server.

It is a little tricky to remove a library because a plugin updated... and so it should be.

Let me know how it goes.

Yup, remove library/restart server did the trick, Scan media library task was automatically triggered upon restarting and Top Picks was recreated as Mixed content-type library. 👍

image.png.15f577a8bbf1016a4a9b63136f4d4c11.png

• Like 1

Just now, GrimReaper said:

Yup, remove library/restart server did the trick, Scan media library task was automatically triggered upon restarting and Top Picks was recreated as Mixed content-type library. 👍

image.png.15f577a8bbf1016a4a9b63136f4d4c11.png

Excellent!

The plugin tries to remove the library on load, but I'm actually happy it is harder to do then just making a call through the LibraryManager to remove whatever you want.  That is the core devs doing a good job! 

GrimReaper

Another thing, would it be possible for the items to be probed at the time of creation to get MediaInfo row in Detail view, as, as per Core, strm files are only probed upon first access/playback?

Cheesegeezer

Chef!! You’re a trooper fella!  Great work and dedication for the community!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GrimReaper said:

Another thing, would it be possible for the items to be probed at the time of creation to get MediaInfo row in Detail view, as, as per Core, strm files are only probed upon first access/playback?

It is a little harder with virtual files.

I have actually attempted to copy the entire probe data over, but because the strm file isn't actually the real media file, things start to error.

I'm looking into it further though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, GrimReaper said:

I would steer clear of this Chef and let emby deal with that. Its another can of worms you shouldn’t have to deal with. 

Grim…. put pressure on the core to handle strm files for their library management 

• Agree 1

Junglejim

Great work adding TV Shows! Just did some testing and everything seem to be working great. 👍

I did find one small bug, The library thumbs for TV seem to be using the primary poster image instead of the background image. I use coverart so it's easy to see.

Screenshot_2022-11-05_10-35-16.png.49f5f96eca634269150a0403380a6208.png

The main home widget works great.

Screenshot_2022-11-05_10-35-40.png.8113d11e7c1d6c225b33686c492f9c8d.png

Thanks again mate!

Cheers 🍻

Edit: on further investigation it seems to be adding coverart to the background image.

Edited by Junglejim